TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 511 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Request Delayed shutdown Joda 2 2002-06-25 17:32:29
Question TMPGENC hangs during encoding of VBR SVCD Frank 4 2002-06-25 22:57:04
Question Index of scan line is out of range(272) bjornart 1 2002-06-25 11:49:47
Question Can you set transport stream packet size for MPEG-2? Vihunder 1 2002-06-25 11:43:38
Question video cropping jman 1 2002-06-25 10:37:35
Bug report Audio Video Syncronisation problems Tim Cobley (yes this is my real name!) 0 2002-06-25 08:05:02
Question problem encoding Pug 5 2002-06-25 22:01:13
Question PAL vs. NTSC Question User 1 2002-06-25 03:22:55
Question Hash/checkered pattern in video heytae 2 2002-07-09 17:59:24
Question ok sound but no video... MercPaladin 1 2002-06-25 01:56:32
Question mpg vs divx nomatrix 3 2002-06-26 09:20:05
Question Mr bjornart 2 2002-06-25 00:02:54

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 511 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Request - Delayed shutdown No.23914
Joda  2002-06-25 11:56:35 ( ID:xasyupiq0/c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It would be usefull a delayed shutdown to let the cpu fan cools down the processor afer a long encoding session
Thanks

Minion  2002-06-25 11:59:55 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you haven"t got your CPU overclocked too much then there shouldn"t be a problem with cpu heat,I have my FSB overclocked from a 100 to a 133 and it is on 24/7 and it is as cool as a cucumber.....

ASHY  2002-06-25 17:32:29 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What's the point? It's not going to get any hotter once the PC is switched off.

ASHY

Question - TMPGENC hangs during encoding of VBR SVCD No.23909
Frank  2002-06-25 11:14:52 ( ID:edv1enw7xnn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello,

I am working with a 1400er Athlon, WindowsXP pro, and plenty of harddisk space. When trying to encode SVCDs with VBR, TMPGENC hangs after 10% to 20% of the whole process. TMPGENC is just unresponsive and has to be killed via task manager then, the system itself seems to remain stable.

It's a fresh system, only Nimo codec pack installed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Frank

Minion  2002-06-25 11:54:23 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Don"t quote me on this but it sounds like there is some sort of error in your source file and tmpgenc is chokeing on it, or you are encodeing "WMV" files(wmv files do the same thing when I try to encode them).Try a different avi file and see if it keeps happening and if it does then try re-installing "tmpgenc" cuz sometimes there is and error in the program when it is downloaded....good luck

Frank  2002-06-25 14:36:25 ( ID:edv1enw7xnn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for your reply first.

The files where i run into this error are MPEG2 VBRs from a digital satellite receiver. As this seems to happen with all files, I guess its not specific to one bad file.

I tried reinstalling TMPGENC, but this didn't help.

I have encoded some AVIs successfully, but these were encoded to CBR SVCDs. I'll try to figure out if its specific to those files recorded from the satellite receiver.

Thanks anyway,

Frank

Sterling  2002-06-25 18:55:46 ( ID:tuk7g9v3bjc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've also been trying to make SVCD's from MPEG2 files saved with Hauppauge WinTV Nova DVB-T card, but TMPGENC just gives the 'can not open or unsupported file'-note.

What card are you using?

Minion  2002-06-25 22:57:04 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sterling,You are getting that error probably because you don"t have the "mpeg2 vfapi plugin" you need this installed to load mpeg2 files in tmpgenc, and you might need to de-multiplex the mpeg2 file and load the streams seperately, I would send it to you but you didn"t leave your e-mail, but you might be able to find it in the tools section at "www.vcdhelp.com"...

Question - Index of scan line is out of range(272) No.23907
bjornart  Home )  2002-06-25 11:12:17 ( ID:2kxxz6ecqow )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I´m trying to convert a divx file to vcd with tmpeg.
Everytime it gets to 28% done, I get an errormessage.

Index of scan line is out of range(272)

Whats this and how do I fix it?
Does anyone else have this problem?

Minion  2002-06-25 11:49:47 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don"t think you can fix it , the error is usually caused by some sort of error or corrupted sectors in your file .This is very common with movies downloaded off the net like at places like kazaa, what you can try to do is use the "cut editing"feature in the "source range" to skip out the part were it crashes and you get the error, so find out what frame that your error happens at and just use the "cut edit"feature to skip the frame or few frames before and after where the error is if you do it right you probably wont be able to tell were you skipped encodeing those few frames.....good luck

Question - Can you set transport stream packet size for MPEG-2? No.23905
Vihunder  2002-06-25 09:58:36 ( ID:xign/pacedr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello, is there a way to set MPEG-2 transport stream packet size in TMPEGEnc? I've been encoding HDTV MPEG-2 (MP@HL 1920 x 1080) and it's working allright, but now I need to set the packet size to 388.

Anyone? Is this possible?

Minion  2002-06-25 11:43:38 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No ,I do not believe there is a packet size setting in tmpgenc I think it is at the mpeg standard of 2048kb, the only encoder I know of that lets to choose the packet size is CinemaCraft....

Question - video cropping No.23903
jman  2002-06-25 08:05:23 ( ID:i1ycumbwsza )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is their a way to crop a video with tmppenc so as to cut out subtitles from original video. or other banners from bottom of screen.

Hataian  2002-06-25 10:37:35 ( ID:ceso8j9ek8a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes.In Tmpgenc,go to settings,choose the "advanced"-tab,double click
on "clip frame"and then you can clip the video.

Bug report - Audio Video Syncronisation problems No.23902
Tim Cobley (yes this is my real name!)  2002-06-25 08:05:02 ( ID:ajgs5bvmbxa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The problem I outlined yesterday re Audio and Video syncronisation is solved in version 2.52

thanks
tc

Question - problem encoding No.23896
Pug  2002-06-25 06:30:16 ( ID:rfcknofb4jh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When using tmpg to encode a PAL mpg into an NTSC version, I run into a couple of problems.

- First of all, it encoded the video fine, however audio was off by a second or so.

- Now, it won't even encode at all. Even though my source file is 700+mb and close to an hour long, tmpg encodes the file as a 14k file and then says done. Why does it not recognize my files as it used to? I have tried with multiple files and get the same response.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Tim Cobley  2002-06-25 10:11:12 ( ID:vd4a/gcxlf6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

what version of tmpgenc are you using. I had big audio and video sync problems but I downloaded v 2.52 from the web site and it cured them

try that

cheers
tc

Hataian  2002-06-25 10:39:22 ( ID:ceso8j9ek8a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try to reinstall Tmpgenc and all other programs you use for that.
If possible,try to recreate the source avi file(e.g. if it's a DVD rip).

Minion  2002-06-25 11:56:53 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This might work ,try useing the source range to set the start and end pionts of the file and hopefully it will recognize the all the frames ...

Pug  2002-06-25 17:03:17 ( ID:rfcknofb4jh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for all of the comments so far. Here's a couple responses...

I am using version 2.56 so hopefully that's not the problem.
I have tried re-installing the program a couple times and that doesn't help. Is there a process that I need to do to completely un-install tmpg? I delete the folder, but it doesn't allow me to UN-install it.

I have a movie file in bin/cue format. I convert it to mpg using vcdgear, however the source mpg is now in PAL format. I am attemping to convert the PAL format to NTSC so I can play it on my US DVD player. It will not play the PAL format. When tmpg worked, it converted to NTSC, but this is where the sound was off. Now it won't convert at all. It sees the file as 14k, when it is actually 700mb.

Finally, I have played the source mpg (PAL) on my pc using Power DVD and it plays fine. It's the converting process that messes me up.

Any input appreciated!
Thanks!

Minion  2002-06-25 22:01:13 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Have you tried to frame serve your mpeg file to "tmpgenc"??Try loading the file into the "vfapi converter" and use the psudo avi file to encode with tmpgenc ,or you can use dvd2avi and make a d2v file and try encodeing that.Your file is still going to be out of sync, there is a process to go through that involves shrinking or stretching the audio to fit with the changed length of the mpeg file,there is now way to that I know of the convert pal to ntsc without doing this......

Question - PAL vs. NTSC Question No.23894
User  2002-06-25 03:17:54 ( ID:xaagdma.afc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a movie that is 25fps. I have to use the PAL template, but does this mean that I cannot play it here in the U.S.? I think PAL is used in Europe right? I encoded it using the NTSC template and the sound is not in sync with the video. So, I guess I have to use the PAL template in TMPGEnc, and I just hope that it can play on my DVD player. Can someone help me on this please? Thank you.

Minion  2002-06-25 03:22:55 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That totally depends on your dvd player, in most cases you should not have a problem, my cheapo dvd player plays anything includeing pal movies so all you can really do is check with your dvd player manufacturer or just try it at most you will loose a 50 cent cd-r....

Question - Hash/checkered pattern in video No.23891
heytae  2002-06-25 02:38:55 ( ID:ti7cilloax6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Help! I'm getting a hash or a checkered pattern in my videos, when I convert from AVI to DVD MPEG2 using TMPGEnc Plus 2.53. Changing from 4000 to 8000 bit rate doesn't help. I've tried all of the Noise Reduction filters, but they didn't help much if at all (but sure took much longer). I've also tried 8bits, 9bits, and 10bits. The pattern is most noticeable on people's faces and backgrounds like the blue sky. The AVI file does not have this problem, so I know it's TMPG that's adding this pattern when it encodes.

In this sample jpeg, the checkered pattern can be seen in the face as well as the orange background behind him:
http://www.taekang.com/taekang/pix/checkered_video.jpg
This happens from different VHS tapes and when I capture from my other VHS tapes, the pattern does NOT always occur. So I'm thinking that TMPG needs some type of setting to avoid getting this checkered pattern.
Does anyone have any ideas on how to get rid of this pattern being added? TIA.

email is: heytae@pacbell.net

Tae

willyiam  2002-06-26 21:23:43 ( ID:nsbkh5almbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

On closer examination of your sample file I could see several horizontal lines containing 'Noise'. This could be due to several factors, namely tape deterioration, poor recording, worn heads in your player or electrical spikes generated by an appliance close to your computer. (Electrical or radio frequency interference is usually never even considered when siting a computer. (Or storing tapes.))

As a test, capture a frame from an AVI file prior to using TMPGEnc, enlarge it to 500% and look for any horizontal noise lines. They look similar to a row of slightly bent fish hooks rather than the usual square pixels. If you find any then you have the answer to your problem.

It's logical to assume that if half of your VHS tapes do not show crosshatch patterning after encoding then the fault lays elsewhere, not with TMPGEnc.

Incidentally, your sample frame is very heavily pixilated. A Bitrate of 4Mb would only produce macroblocks to this extent if the originalwas poor quality.

heytae  2002-07-09 17:59:24 ( ID:ti7cilloax6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for the ideas/suggestions. How would I zoom in 500% into an AVI file to see if there is noise in there?

Thanks,
Tae

Question - ok sound but no video... No.23889
MercPaladin  2002-06-25 01:46:22 ( ID:w29btrivx/m )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

at the start i jsut closed the wizard select and put in video/audio in/out put. when i burned it on a cd-r and put it in my dvd player theres only sound but no video >;/. does anyone have a clue? when i take the cd and insert it in the com video and audio are present.

Minion  2002-06-25 01:56:32 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well you probably burned it wrong or you dvd player doesn"t support vcd"s but I think you probably burned it wrong, you have to burn it with a program that is for burning vcd"s and you have to burn it in vcd mode ,you can not just burn it as a data file download "nero burning rom" from "www.nero.com" and download the 30 day fully functioning trial it will guide you through the process of burning your file to disk in vcd mode....

Question - mpg vs divx No.23885
nomatrix  2002-06-24 23:03:43 ( ID:wfokgl.pj06 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i got 127 mb raw avi file. after compressing with divx, size is 1,71 mb, quality is the same.

after is converted raw avi into mpg, size is between 5 and 7 mb. video bitrate is 910 kbit like divx but quality is poor.

how can i decrease size of converted file, what settings are needed? i tried various settings, nothing happens.

Minion  2002-06-24 23:43:51 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Why do you want to make your avi a mpeg? Compared to divx mpeg will not give you a smaller file size with the same quality, if you make the mpeg smaller than your divx the file would not be recognizeable as a video, it would look like a patchwork of colored blocks.If your goal is to make the smallest file size with the closest quality to the original you would be much better off encodeing it to "WMV", it is probably the most compressed video format there is.But if you really have your heart set on makeing a file that consists of unrecognizeable colored blocks go to the "system" tab in the settings screen and put the drop down menu to "mpeg1/vcd non-standard" then lower the bitrate to the desireable level but I think you will be very dissapointed ,you might be able to increase the quality of the mpeg file by lowering the resolution.

Hataian  2002-06-25 10:42:32 ( ID:ceso8j9ek8a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Use Cinemacraft encoder,it compresses almost as good as divx.

B_Racer  2002-06-26 09:20:05 ( ID:gxmkoa4dlnj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What a silly posting. CCE isn't better than TMPGEnc, only faster.
The quality of an MPEG-Movie depents on Picturesize, Bitrate, Bitrate control Mode, Quantize Matrix and a lot more things. You are absolutly free in TMPGEnc to use your own settings (unlock.mcf), but you never get the same quality than DivX on low Bitrates.
MPEG, the better Thing is MPEG2, is made for TVs, not for PCs, DivX ist made for PCs, not for TVs, that's all.
DivX can not handle interlaced Video (it has to be deinterlaced), MPEG2 can, but needs more Bitrate.

Question - Mr No.23882
bjornart  Home )  2002-06-24 21:16:38 ( ID:2kxxz6ecqow )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When processing a 600 MB DIVx AVI movie and clicking the start button I get an error stating "Can't load P3Package.dll".

This does NOT happen with smaller movies.

What could be wrong?

ASHY  2002-06-24 22:09:15 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Oh no, not again.

Minion  2002-06-25 00:02:54 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I"m not touching this one with a ten foot pole, go to the search at the top of the page and type in "p3p package"...

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.