TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 517 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question please hong wonhyuk 1 2002-06-21 18:36:31
Question How to load sequential avi stream for encoding SVCDFan 4 2002-06-21 20:36:22
Question Newbie ? on converting AVI to MPEG-1 MonkeyMynd 1 2002-06-21 09:48:03
Question Pinnacle Studio 7 to SVCD or VCD Blackmur 1 2002-06-21 01:52:10
Question Scan line out of range Bru 0 2002-06-20 22:27:57
Question Add Subtitle JaMirSe Inc. 1 2002-06-21 20:06:24
Question Divx with no sound sjhc 3 2002-06-25 02:42:31
Question Wrong language from vob to mpeg1(newbie) Mountaineer 3 2002-06-21 01:43:11
Question Beep sound merging mpeg files Studio user 2 2002-06-20 21:57:14
Question conversion NTSC -> PAL badonb 8 2002-06-26 09:41:05
Question Love TMPGEnc - What software to use to burn DVD from MPG2s? Richard Duval 3 2002-06-24 09:47:44
Question Video and Sound shift after cut Sidestep 2 2002-06-21 05:08:41

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 517 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - please No.23668
hong wonhyuk  2002-06-21 11:25:26 ( ID:yp.sy/fflza )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

product korean virsion..

Hataian  2002-06-21 18:36:31 ( ID:pq/ugw.8krm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

alolo uga

Question - How to load sequential avi stream for encoding No.23663
SVCDFan  2002-06-21 08:53:30 ( ID:4tqj77zttbh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi all.

As I know TMPGEnc allows to encode from a sequential number of avi streams to one mpeg stream. I got a advice to rename the input avi stream as follows to enable loading sequential avi files:

file00.avi
file01.avi
file02.avi..

But looks like this is not working as was suggested. Which way is the correct way?

Thanks in advance.

SVCDFan.

Minion  2002-06-21 09:12:57 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Who ever gave you that advice didn"t give you good advice , you can not do sequential avi file in tmpgenc you have to frame serve them from "virtua dub" that method that you were trying only works with image files like "bmp,jpeg" the next version is supposed to have that feature, to find out to encode sequential avi files through frame serving with virtual dub go to "www.virtuldub.com" and download the program and then read as much as you can on the subject and there is information available at "www.vcdhelp.com" that wiil assist you in setting up your frame server.....

SVCDFan  2002-06-21 09:26:43 ( ID:4tqj77zttbh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi Minion

thanks for quick response.

I know virtualdub and avisynth as well.

Curiously I am waiting for the next version...

SVCDFan.

SVCDFan  2002-06-21 09:54:24 ( ID:4tqj77zttbh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Addendum:

What about "Canopus DV Codec" --> reading referred format AVI thorough network?

This allows using sequential avi streams as well?

ASHY  2002-06-21 20:36:22 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TMPG will only allow sequential files to be opened which have been created using the Canopus DV codec not ordinary AVI files. The only way to do that is frameserving from Virtualdub.

ASHY

Question - Newbie ? on converting AVI to MPEG-1 No.23661
MonkeyMynd  2002-06-21 05:56:27 ( ID:r8n57cun4yr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi All,
I've been trying to work out how to use this program. My first conversion went perfectly. The only option I changed was the 'Video Arrange Method' on the 'Advanced' page to 'Full Screen (Keep Aspect Ratio). Ran it, checked the mpeg produced (on my machine) and all was well. Unfortunately, the next 2 will not work. I get audio, but no video...just a black screen. Here is the info on all three files w/ the good file coming first. Can anyone tell me what I should be setting to get the correct conversions?

Properties...Summary settings : Again only file #2 will convert w/ video!

Audio Same for each file Audio Format:MP3,Avg. Data Rate:7.00 Kb/Sec, Sample Rate:24.00 kHz, Channels:2(Stereo)

Video Frame Width 352 for all, Frame Height #1(240) & #2&3(288), Frame Rate #1(14.985fps), #2&3(12.5fps), Video Sample Size all 24bit and Video Compression(MS-MPEG4 V3), other settings all vary, but should like Frame Count, Data Rate, etc.

TMPGEnc loads the files as #1(4:3 525 line NTSC, 704x480), #2(4:3 625 line PAL, 704x576) & #3(4:3 625 line PAL, 704x576)

Output format is Video-CD NTSC (MPEG-1 352x240 29.97fps CBR 1150kbps, Layer-2 44100Hz 224kbps)

Any suggestions what I might be doing wrong here? I'd appreciate the help as well as a fairly good answer so I can learn about this stuff.

Thanks,
MonkeyMynd

Minion  2002-06-21 09:48:03 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

First you have to make sure you have the apropriate codecs installed on your machine to decode your avi files, and raising your "direct show" plugin"s priority to "2" might work to, to do this go to "options" to "enviromental settings" to "vfapi plugins" then right click on the "direct show" plugin and raise the priority to "2"usually if you can see you movie in the encodeing screen the it should be there after encodeing....but I did notice that the settings you are useing for you avi files will give you choppy playback and possible de-sync of audio and video in your dvd player,I will explain,for file #1, the 352 by 240, 14.985fps, that is a "ntsc" file that has to be encoded to "29.97fps" and 352 by 240, your settings are correct for that one but the other ones #2 & #3 the 352 by 288 and 12.5fps, those are "pal" files and have to be encoded to pal resolutions and frame rates, so they need to be encoded to 352 by 288 and 25fps, for those files use the "pal" vcd template, or you will get choppy playback in your dvd player and possible de-sync, you can make those pal files into ntsc files but it is a little complicated and probably shouldn"t try unless you have some experience and even more patience....there is a lot of info on this subject and more at "www.vcdhelp.com"....good luck.......

Question - Pinnacle Studio 7 to SVCD or VCD No.23659
Blackmur  2002-06-21 01:29:35 ( ID:kplnb26mylg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I acidentaly made this a Request instead of a question the first time I posted. Sorry...
I'm very new to video edditing so please bare with me: I curnatly use Studio V 7 to edit my digital camcorder tapes, what is the best way to get these edits onto a VCD or SVCD? I tried to use TMPGEnc but I guess I did things wrong because they wont play in DVD players (any). Do I need special software for my CD recorder? Also what file extensions do VCDs and SVCD have? .MPEG? Sorry if my question seem stupid but I need your help. Please list step by step instructions if you guys can.
Thanks again for any help!

Minion  2002-06-21 01:52:10 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Your problem I think is that you need to burn your "mpeg" file to cd-r in vcd/svcd mode with a program that is for burning vcd/svcd"s, you just cant burn it to a cd-r and put it in your dvd player and expect it to play cuz it won"t, you need a program like "Nero Burning Rom". You can download a 30 day fully functioning trial from "www.nero.com" and you have to burn your mpeg1 files as vcd and mpeg2 files as svcd,"Nero" is a very user friendly program so you should not have a problem once you download it, and yes vcd/svcd files encoded with "tmpgenc" have a "mpeg" extention.Plus you have to make sure that your dvd player supports vcd"s or svcd"s cuz not all player do...

Question - Scan line out of range No.23658
Bru  2002-06-20 22:27:57 ( ID:zvcflshclp2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have tried to convert a divx avi to mpeg2, however, I keep geeting an error code saying scan lines out of range.

If anyone has the solution to this problem I would be grateful to hear!!

Thanks

Question - Add Subtitle No.23656
JaMirSe Inc.  2002-06-20 22:25:32 ( ID:.oje2pg6v9j )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I want to add pemenant subtitles to a file.After i did everything which was needed to do and I frameserved the file with subtitle,I wanted to load in to TMPenc. I was given an error which said " Unable to open please install the file MSVCR70.dll and maybe the problem will be solved."
Where can I find this file ??.

ASHY  2002-06-21 20:06:24 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

http://www.uweb.ucsb.edu/~dimfeld/msvcr70.dll

ASHY

Question - Divx with no sound No.23652
sjhc  2002-06-20 20:00:14 ( ID:pktzxmbypja )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have some movies that their is no sound when played, others that when I use TMPGenc it shows no Audio. Anyone have any clues.

Thanks
Steven

Minion  2002-06-20 21:52:58 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You mean that the Divx file has no audio? Or the encoded Divx to mpeg has no audio?If the divx file has no audio then it could be that you do not have the proper codecs to decode the audio from the divx file, try downloading the "Nimo" codec pack,you can get it at the tools section at "vcdhelp.com", this pack has most of the codecs you will need to decode most audio formats and video formats, but if the the audio is there in the divx file but not there in the encode mpeg file it is probably becaude the divx file has a unsupported audio format like mp3 vbr, or ac3, for most formats you can extract the audio to a wav file with "virtua dub" and then encode the wav file as your audio source but if the source audio is "ac3" you will need an "ac3 decoder" you can easily find one on a search engine by typeing in "ac3 decoder".....

sjhc1177  2002-06-24 04:25:33 ( ID:r.o1gyof2bc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes I did mean that the Audio is missing when I rncoded it. Will the quality change by adding this second step. Also I have been told that DivX movies are not as good as the ones downloaded from the newgroups direct as Mpeg movies is this true?

Thanks

Feces  2002-06-25 02:42:31 ( ID:djr6tsaxvkw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

please help. i used to be able to open my d2v files in tmpg but now it says that the file is not supported. does anyone know why this has suddenly happend? i downloaded a new version but still it doesnt fix it

Question - Wrong language from vob to mpeg1(newbie) No.23648
Mountaineer  2002-06-20 17:00:20 ( ID:zs5ssbf8rdh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I convert using tmp I get wrong language in the final mpeg. I select english. Just getting started using templates as set up. I get good picture quality, but then again I have not yet been able to complete the process of merging and writing to cd yet.

Minion  2002-06-20 21:41:04 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try extracting track #2 in the audio and see if that is english but in most cases english is track #1 unless it is a forign film, or you can extract all the audio tracks and go through them till you find the english track..Just last week I ripped a dvd that said that the #1 track was english and it turned out there were no english tracks on the movie cuz it was a french film, just a wierd story.......

Mountaineer  2002-06-20 22:32:58 ( ID:zs5ssbf8rdh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hey thanks for the response, the movie is black hawk down, i have the entire vob files on hd around 6.63 gig with all the commercials etc looks great with power dvd, was planning to put it on cd. ok this is stupid but i think i have downloaded just about every program possible, from the other areas on the net saying which the best way to put movie on vcd, i was going this route using tmpeng to mpeg1, then nero to burn, but it looks like i have to merge possibly, there will be 6 mpeg files, now getting back to the point do i have to use another program to find the tracks like dvd2avi because i tried it i cant tell what is the audio files any help on that just wander why it put french instead of english when i picked english in tmpeng

Minion  2002-06-21 01:43:11 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well If you use dvd2avi you won"t have to merge the mpeg files, and you can use "dvd2avi" to extract all the audio tracks in your vob files, and if you used "smartripper" to rip the dvd then there will be a text file which tells you what stream is what language, if it is a north american dvd then track #1 is allmost allways the english track, I have ripped literally hundreds of dvd"s and rarely have I had a problem with finding the right audio track actually only once and that was because there wasn"t a english track, but if you didn"t use smart ripper you can do this , extract track #1 then #2 ect till you find the english audio track, I did black hawk down about 3 weeks ago just after it came out and I"m pretty sure on the copy I used the english track was #1 and french was #2 and from what I remember that was all the audio tracks there were the rest were subtitles,and encodeing "vob" files takes a lot longer (on my system) to encode than "d2v" files from dvd2avi...but if you are still haveing problems useing dvd2avi you can e-mail me and I will try to help out...

Question - Beep sound merging mpeg files No.23645
Studio user  2002-06-20 16:34:02 ( ID:th5jgoq84y. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

After merge multiple MPEG2 files at some points there is a beep.

Because I haven't got the AVI file anymore I want to delete this beep.

De multiplexed the sound into MP2, but now I don't have an edditor for this file.

ASHY  2002-06-20 21:20:45 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When you join the files make sure you click the correct button first.

ASHY

Studio user  2002-06-20 21:57:14 ( ID:th5jgoq84y. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks!

Question - conversion NTSC -> PAL No.23636
badonb  2002-06-20 14:47:52 ( ID:nfd1myz5gcr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello,

I try to encode an AVI (divx) file with NTSC format (23.97 fps and 48kHz audio)
to PAL VCD styandard (25fps; 44100Hz audio). TMpeg accept to create such a file BUT There are small cuts to the resulting file. In deed, the film seems to stop
for a while each second before continuing.
PLEASE HELP ME !!!
I tried to select NTSC source and PAL destination file without success.
Does anybody know HOW TO CONVERT NTSC 24fps to PAL 25 fps ???

Thanks in advance.

Bill.

brundle  2002-06-20 15:10:55 ( ID:pdwhkj7mdkf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I guess you have to speed up frame rate to 25 fps and audio by 4%. I also have the problem to convert an NTSC film (non-interlaced source)from DVD to PAL SVCD since my DVD player does not accept USA region code.

I will try to sort out the problem and then reply to this thread.

ADEY  2002-06-20 16:46:56 ( ID:hdy/pgzln0n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have posted this question myself not so long ago. Ashy gave a very comprehensive answer,which I can guarentee is spot on. Go to posting #8363 or enter "adey" in the search engine and you will find everything you need to know.

Viper  2002-06-22 11:34:04 ( ID:f7ebmbwesf6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I really do not think one has to go thru' this much trouble to get NTSC<->PAL conversion. As far as I know, TMPGEnc is buggy in doing any such framerate conversion (jerkiness, interlacing artifacts). I used Canopus DV Format Converter for this and it is very smooth.

FWIW, Canopus ProCoder is the way to go, NTSC<->PAL, stitching, etc, all in one step. The quality of the ProCoder's MPEG2 output (not even at the highest quality) is far better than the best TMPGEnc can offer. TMPGEnc tends to have motion artifacts on interlaced video contents, it is especially apparent on objects with a vertical edge.

ASHY  2002-06-22 12:08:58 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I suppose everybody has $699 just lying around to purchase this software or maybe you would like to email us all a copy?

ASHY

Viper  2002-06-24 18:40:48 ( ID:f7ebmbwesf6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm not saying TMPGEnc is bad software. It's good for its price. However, I think ProCoder may justisfy and can pay back itself quickly.

The problem with TMPGEnc is that the author himself probably does not use it for producing DVDs movies. He doesn't understand all the steps involved. Things can be done in TMPGEnc to cut down a lot of production time especially when the input AVI is 20GB in size.

IMHO, TMPGEnc should have an option to output the MPEG2 file into elementary data streams. In fact, the audio file should be 48KHz .WAV file. This saves time not needing to compress the audio portion into MP2. Authoring programs like DVDIt! can save even more time not needing to convert MP2 back into WAV before it encodes the audio portion into Dobly digital. ProCoder understands this and outputs the audio in WAV to save lots and lots of user's time. Because of this, the quality of the audio is maintained as well (no lossy compression into MP2 then back into WAV then into Dolby digital).

Besides, I don't know why he provides frame rate conversion if the converted video is clearly jerky.

ASHY  2002-06-24 22:39:24 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Who say's that TMPG can't encode to elementry streams. Ok it can't do both the video and audio at the same time, bit it can encode to a video elementry stream. It can also encode to wav or any other format for that matter as long as the corret codec is installed. It can also encode to bitmaps,jpegs and AVI's and also encode from these formats.

How many other programs do you know which can do this for the money and as far as your comment about the author not understanding the DVD process. I think you would be wrong about that one. TMPG is *NOT* a DVD authoring program. It is simply an MPEG encoder. It is designed to create great quality MPEGs which can then be used with other programs.
As far as Iam concerned TMPG has many many options that most other programs just do not have. I know for one that I would be lost without it and as far as programs go for paying for themselves, well I can tell you TMPG has done that a 1000 times already.

ASHY

Viper  2002-06-25 03:29:00 ( ID:f7ebmbwesf6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I know TMPGEnc is not DVD authoring program, but what it outputs can help cut down a lot of authoring time if it provides the option to do so.

I'd like to see it outputting both elementary streams at once, not just one at a time. Also, when outputting audio stream, there is no WAV option, only MPEG Layer I and II. I don't want it wasting time compressing the audio which I clearly don't need when authoring the DVD. I can probably save an hour of processing time if TMPGEnc can produce a 48KHz WAV file (this is done on a P4 2.2GHz BTW).

Also, 2-3 hours are added for every hour of video when I need an external tool to perform high quality PAL<->NTSC conversion. For me, starting with an edited AVI from mini-DV (16 to 20GB) to the final DVD output can go down from 12 to 8 hrs if TMPGEnc fixes the 2 issues above. That's a big saving if you ask me.

B_Racer  2002-06-26 09:41:05 ( ID:gxmkoa4dlnj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

NTSC Film to PAL: the Trick is NOT to do any Framerate-Conversion!
Do a correct PAL-Speedup, that's the same, DVD-Producers do.

Separate Audio and Video
Encode the Video only as PAL. Use Setting -> Advanced -> Do not frame rate conversion
Use a good(!) WAV-Editor to speedup the Audio-Part to get it to a matching length.
Encode the Audio-Part, mux Audio and Video, be happy.

Question - Love TMPGEnc - What software to use to burn DVD from MPG2s? No.23632
Richard Duval  2002-06-20 13:10:47 ( ID:s9klabmlvko )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I love TMPGEnc - I paid the fee, well worth it. Now I want to take the MPEG2's rendered in TMPGEnc and use them to burn a DVD with proper chapters. I have Pinnacle express but it doesn't do chapters, only index points and I've tried the Ulead products but they won't let me get to the burner part without doing their own rendering.

I have rendered each of my chapters separately in TMPGENc, now I just want to burn the DVD.

Is there any Burner product that will allow the creation of menu's from MPEG2's and let you select a frame from MPG to use as the button image (Like Pinnacle Express does)?

Thanks

Rick

maynard  2002-06-20 16:25:12 ( ID:cimrlybqb.. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

try nero burning rom

JamesBond  2002-06-22 01:26:28 ( ID:alrpm3qlihl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Or VCDEASY from www.vcdhelp.com, it has more features in burning SVCDs than NERO and it's FREE.

Flaystus  2002-06-24 09:47:44 ( ID:ydl3h9zwif2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Uleads DVD Moviefactory works great for me... when you have the mpeg file it lets you make the menus, see how the setup will look on the screen, then it will even burn it for you if it can see your burner. Might want to give it a try.

Question - Video and Sound shift after cut No.23629
Sidestep  2002-06-20 08:48:57 ( ID:pdwhkj7mdkf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi there,

I have recorded a VCD (352x240 PAL) compatible MPEG-1 stream from my TV-Card.
The file is over 1 hour. Now I want to cut it in little pieces. No problem I thought with MPEG-Tools from Version 2.54. After marking start and end I get a little VCD file. But the file starts with frames before the startpoint the sound is on correct place.

Does anybody has a little hint for me.

Sidestep

Minion  2002-06-20 21:56:51 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You should try a different mpeg editor, the "mpeg tools" are notorius for not working properly, if you are doing mpeg1/vcd there are a few freeware mpeg1 editors out there like "vcd cutter" which I believe you can find in the tools section of "vcdhelp.com".....

Creaper  2002-06-21 05:08:41 ( ID:iupezassfcg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I hope vcd cutter is faster than Virtual Dub. Using Virtual Dub to cut out unwanted parts and Sync time adds another hour or more of processing time. :(

TMPGenc does it fast just the sound is offset.

Creaper

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.