TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 525 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question kvcd templates question. User 2 2002-06-15 02:00:59
Question can i resume? ashton 1 2002-06-15 00:18:53
Question www.kvcd.net User 3 2002-06-15 11:25:40
Question Mpeg II cut by size MacGyver 3 2002-06-15 17:19:48
Question asf to mpeg1 sound problem wazupphil 1 2002-06-14 22:49:10
Question Green screen MPG output ? boo 7 2002-07-29 05:14:20
Question when avi changes to mpg, no sound bbenjass 2 2002-06-14 22:36:31
Question DVD to VCD (Kinda) SprkFade 1 2002-06-14 22:00:36
Question Index of scan line is out of range(384) ??? CU!ddleBear 0 2002-06-14 15:05:49
Request IBBBBBBI GOP Obssesion 2 2002-06-17 12:38:55
Question Why does it play on my PC but not on My videocd player andrew_tiu 1 2002-06-15 02:33:16
Question Sound problem, help me please... Alessandro L. 3 2002-06-15 09:38:31

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 525 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - kvcd templates question. No.23365
User  2002-06-15 00:57:47 ( ID:xaagdma.afc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Where do I save these templates? I was notified that I should right click on the template I want and so I right clicked on "704x480" from the KVCDx2 and "For one CD" menu and it only gave me the option of "Save Target As". Is this what it's supposed to do? I noticed that if I right click and select "Properties", then it shows me that it is a ".mcf" file. I also know that TMPGEnc has a "Load" function which allows it to be encoded in different screen formats and all these seem to be ".mcf" files. Does this have anything to do with it? Also, I tried encoding an avi files the size of about 600MB, but it said it would take over 26 hours to complete. I have a 1.8Ghz computer (brand new HP), with Pentium 4 and I figured that it would be faster. Most people have told me that their slower computers take only a couple of hours tops. How can I take care of this problem? Thank you once again for your help. I'm a little new to this, so I'm having a lot of problems.

Minion  2002-06-15 01:44:19 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

So you have allready downloaded these templates?I guess you did cuz you wouldn"t be able to see the properties, all you do is take the template and put it in the "templates" folder in the "tmpgenc" folder, now when you want to use the template to encode you click "load" (in tmpgenc) and go to the templates folder and choose the template you downloaded and put in the "templates" folder, and then the template will load and you then encode...But as for your "HP" I have no idea why it would run so slow,I have a "Hp" too, but I have had to send it back to the company for an exchange 4 times and this was in the first 3 months, mostly over a problem with the direct memory access controller, I would get the blue screen of death when ever i enabled DMA and tried to rip a dvd, but i finally got it fixed,Phone customer support and give them hell and maybe they will send you a new one or maybe 4 new ones, but it should be under warrenty so you should be able to take it to the shop and get it fixed for free if it is a hardware problem.But yes you are running really slow cuz my HP 800mhz can do a whole movie in under 8-10 hours, but the with the new encoder I use for mpeg2(not mpeg1)I can do a whole movie in 3-4 hours.but if you cant figure it out get it looked at ,sometime new computers have bugs that need to be worked out ....

User  2002-06-15 02:00:59 ( ID:xaagdma.afc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How do I get this new codec you have? I've been having some problems myself.

Question - can i resume? No.23363
ashton  2002-06-14 23:28:07 ( ID:8n1tnloxod2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i have a problem with my two kids turning off my computer while i am out of the room or what not and usually my luck has it that i only have four hours left or two sometimes. i go to resume the converting and i don't know how. then i tried to start the process and then save it, stop it and the try to resume. still no luck.

Minion  2002-06-15 00:18:53 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There is no way to resume a interupted encodeing session, but what you can do is thart encodeing were you left off and then join the two files with the "merge & cut" feature..usually if you start at the next frame after you got cut off then you can barely notice the transition of the two parts....

Question - www.kvcd.net No.23359
User  2002-06-14 22:50:18 ( ID:xaagdma.afc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I went to www.kvcd.net because I was refered to it by a helpful person who replied to my problems. However, I can't find any programs there that I can download. There are only templates and when I click on one of them they just give me a list of words or something. Is their site down, maybe? Or is there something I'm not looking at that I should be?

kwag  Home )  2002-06-15 00:12:20 ( ID:j/nkgn2ynzo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You "Right click" on the template you want, and "Save as" the default name.

User  2002-06-15 00:52:26 ( ID:xaagdma.afc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Where do I save these templates? I noticed that if I right click and select "Properties", then it shows me that it is a ".mcf" file. I also know that TMPGEnc has a "Load" function which allows it to be encoded in different screen formats and all these seem to be ".mcf" files. Does this have anything to do with it? Also, I tried encoding an avi files the size of about 600MB, but it said it would take over 26 hours to complete. I have a 1.8Ghz computer (brand new HP), with Pentium 4 and I figured that it would be faster. Most people have told me that their slower computers take only a couple of hours tops. How can I take care of this problem? Thank you once again for your help. I'm a little new to this, so I'm having a lot of problems.

noone  2002-06-15 11:25:40 ( ID:tnwva14793j )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

those files are for tmpgenc and you load the one you want for the desired output video quality of yuour input video

i wou;d try them all

26 hours is tooo long

5 hours max on your system

8 hour on mine
amd 750mhz
256ram
60 gig hd

Question - Mpeg II cut by size No.23355
MacGyver  2002-06-14 22:47:46 ( ID:k6hgy9s1hlj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi,

i've got a mpeg II stream. it's a tv rip, with a variable bitrate i think.
it's 2,4 GB and i want to cut it in 800 mb files.
is there any program out which directly cuts the file in 800 mb pieces ?
i tried it with tmpg but it's only luck to find out after what time 800 mb is reached. and i think because of the variable bitrare it's impossible to calulate ???

thanx for your help,
macgyver

User  2002-06-14 22:56:07 ( ID:xaagdma.afc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've used AVIChop, but it takes a long time for big files. Sometimes it seems to freeze, but you can still give it a shot. I think you might find it under www.vcdhelp.com

Minion  2002-06-14 22:56:41 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What you should do is get "bbmpeg" then de-multiplex your mpeg file and load it in the multiplex in bbmpeg and you can specify the size of the out put files, so if you specify 800mb then it will output you file in 800mb pieces...This is what I usually use to split my files into equal pieces......

Hataian  2002-06-15 17:19:48 ( ID:ceso8j9ek8a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can also split the 2.4 gigabyte file up into several parts
so you may burn it.Afterwards you can copy each part from the cd
to the harddisk again,merge them together,and then you have the original
2.4 gigabyte file again.There are lots of programs for that.
One of them is called "MaxSplitter".Search for it in http://www.google.com

Question - asf to mpeg1 sound problem No.23353
wazupphil  2002-06-14 20:21:15 ( ID:mkjh2ljyg3w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

I have this problem I used to encode every episodes I downloaded in an asf format with tmpgenc into Mpeg, but since about a month tmpgenc frozed each time I used it, but with the new version it doesn't. The matter is that there is only about 1 minute of sound and then nothing!!!!!!
It's weird because it means it can encode the sound, but after a minute it stops. Otherwise tmpgenc works with other files!
I hope someone knows how to solve this problem :-)
Thanks

Minion  2002-06-14 22:49:10 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You should encode the audio from your asf file to a wav file cuz usually asf has wma audio and tmpgenc does not support wma audio, then use the extracted wav file as your audio source....

Question - Green screen MPG output ? No.23345
boo  2002-06-14 19:29:50 ( ID:.iu2xtwv3b. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I encoded a ripped DVD file with TMPG 2.54a with DVD2SVCD, but the output MPG file is a green black screen (audio works). Anyone know the reason ?

I did get it to work the very first time, but since then.. same green screen.

Minion  2002-06-14 22:46:47 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Why are you useing "dvd2svcd"?Try useing "dvd2avi" to extract the audio to wav and make a d2v file and encode the d2v file and the wav audio and you shouldn"t have any problems,I never do.......

boo  2002-06-15 00:57:06 ( ID:.iu2xtwv3b. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

dvd2svcd uses dvd2avi already.. it's a one click program that uses many tools in a row so there won't have to be any user intervention.

Minion  2002-06-15 02:05:04 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thats wierd then how do you choose what audio track you want or if you want to extract subtitles or any of the many settings that change from movie to movie, or if you want to use ivtc in dvd2avi..maybe you need a more hands on aproach, cuz how can you know where you went wrong if you don"t know what settings you have used.........just a thought....

boo  2002-06-15 09:52:25 ( ID:.iu2xtwv3b. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

sorry I've only started doing this.. been about 5 days now.

Did a few tests and I seem to be able to encode fine if I run TMPG on its own without the use of DVD2SVCD. Just, when I use the program it will keep giving a green output MPG file (visible green from the encoding preview window).

DVD2SVCD integrates all the ripping/encoding/chapters/bin creation into one program with the use of the common utilities -- DVD2AVI, BBMPEG, TMPG or CCE, etc. Ideally I'd like to use the program to do it all for me since I don't know the process that well... and TMPG has worked in the past with the program. Just not sure what went wrong and if I can blame the new versions or some simple codec issue.

boo  2002-06-15 10:14:53 ( ID:.iu2xtwv3b. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

well, i tried both CQ and 2 pass VBR. CQ will do a green screen, but VBR does a black blank screen.

Also tried both 2.54a and the newest 2.55 one.. same problem.

Minion  2002-06-15 21:20:07 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Then don"t use "dvd2svcd" just bute the bullet and learn how to use the programs so if you have a problem then you know were to look for the source of it, another thing you might try is to see if you have the "angel potion" codec on your machine cuz it causes discoloration in the encoded mpeg file but this doesn"t sound like your problem but it is worth looking into...

Could this be it?  2002-07-29 05:14:20 ( ID:vzvrbschyj2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

With DVD2SVCD 1.0.9 build 3, a new mpeg2dec2.dll is provided as an alternative to the mpeg2dec.dll. In DVD2SVCD's Frameserver tab, if you set mpeg2dec to use this mpeg2dec2.dll, it appears to solve the green screen problem.

Question - when avi changes to mpg, no sound No.23342
bbenjass  2002-06-14 18:21:28 ( ID:e37njwubjlf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

while trying to change an avi to mpeg or video cd,, video is transformed, but no sound appears, even though it seems to say it has sound

flyawaybirdi  2002-06-14 21:06:21 ( ID:sroi4jioua. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hey I've got the same exact problem and i'm currently looking for a answer too

Minion  2002-06-14 22:36:31 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Your source file probably has an unsupported audio format, you need to extract the audio to wav with "virtual dub" then use the wav file as your source audio file, and you have to encode the audio to 41000hz or your dvd player won"t play it..

Question - DVD to VCD (Kinda) No.23340
SprkFade  2002-06-14 16:37:37 ( ID:lf8bomhf4rj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok, I recently ripped a DVD and I was in the process of converting it into a VCD. I changed the bitrate to 2200 and lowered the audio to 192. Now here's were the problem arised. I tried to change the resolutionof the VCD. Now I already know that the default is something like 352x240 (I can't actually remember what it is, but that's not important) I changed it to 720x480 (Typical DVD resolution) I set it to non-interlaced and 16:9 aspect ratio. And encoded it. Everything went fine, but when I viewed it when it was done there were these strange lines/distortion when any object was in movement. I'm playing the finished VCD on my comp and my DVD player and they both display the lines/distortion. Does anyone know why this is? Is there a setting that can disable/lower the display of these lines? If anyone has a solution to this problem or a way to get around this please Email me at SprkFade@aol.com, or just post it here. Thanks!

ASHY  2002-06-14 22:00:36 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

These are interlacing artifacts.
You need to de-interlace the source movie.

ASHY

Question - Index of scan line is out of range(384) ??? No.23339
CU!ddleBear  2002-06-14 15:05:49 ( ID:epaebkz4gxl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,
I want to convert an AVI-File into SVCD, but everytime I push the Startbutton this message appears:
"Index of scan line is out of range(384)"

What does it mean? I'm using the project wizard, so I don't think that wrong options cause this message.

thx4 your help!

CU! ddleBear!

Request - IBBBBBBI GOP No.23336
Obssesion  2002-06-14 14:42:21 ( ID:ev7.eqqomr6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How to set GOP structure to IBBBBBBBBIBBBBBBBBIBBBBBBBBI ???

For static scenes with very low mouvement and fixed camera this
structure it's the best (without any doubt) !!!

Please, insert this option: now I=1,P=0,B=n set IIIIIIIIII.

Obssesion

Hataian  2002-06-15 17:21:40 ( ID:ceso8j9ek8a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm not sure,but maybe this type of GOP is impossible.
I think to have read somewhere that every B-frame must
be next to an I- or P-frame either before or behind itself.

Obssesion  2002-06-17 12:38:55 ( ID:ev7.eqqomr6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

I¡Çm absolutely sure that IBBBBBBBI GOP¡Çs are legal:

I-frame: Intra-frame, don¡Çt depends on any other frame.
P-frame: Predicted-frame, depends on previous frame (I or P), and has only changes from between this frame and the previous.
B-frame: Both-frame, depends on previous and later frames type I or P, reflecting only changes between both and actual frame.

Now, TMPGEnc can only output IBBBBBBBPIBBBBBBBPIBBB¡Ä GOP¡Çs, that¡Çs incorporating an inefficient approach: B is from previous I and later P, really P are predicted (much error) and irrelevant, because after are inserted and I frame.

Please, correct actual code: I=1, P=0 and B=n don¡Çt need to produce IIIIII GOP¡Çs!!!

Obssesion.

Question - Why does it play on my PC but not on My videocd player No.23334
andrew_tiu  2002-06-14 14:11:39 ( ID:x0sji/cvnpc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you have any suggestions in converting Divx to MPeg(VCD). Please do so since I'm having problems with the encoder TMPGEnc

Minion  2002-06-15 02:33:16 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If it plays on your computer then the problem is not with "tmpgenc" cuz if you can watch it on your computer then the encoder has done what it was supposed to do, the problem is either with the way you burned it to disk or with your vcd player,Nero is probably the best and easiest to use to burn vcd"s and if you can watch it on the computer and you burnt it properly then it is a compatability issue with your vcd player...

Question - Sound problem, help me please... No.23330
Alessandro L.  2002-06-14 11:42:46 ( ID:lkyjnc.dc5w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Excuse me if I have not a good english...
I've used tmpgenc for convert AVI to MPG but in some Avi i have found this error:
The video is not syncronized vith the audio and i have try to adjust the problem in the option before the starts of encoding, with the option of delay sound... I used 2000 m seconds of delay (the effective delay...) but when the program finish to encode I found the same problem... 2000 m seconds of delay...
What can i do?
Thank you very much..

blepharisma  2002-06-14 16:39:05 ( ID:dir/s4koxlm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi -- I have found the exact same problem!

Sorry, I don't have the answer, but am very curious to find out!

Bleph

Minion  2002-06-14 22:43:17 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Use a program like "bbmpeg" or "mpeg2vcr" you can use there multiplexor to offset the audio or video to try to sync then up...

Nobody  2002-06-15 09:38:31 ( ID:qualsxlqpwn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Save the audio as uncompressed wav,use Vdub set at 44.1Khz then use this with TMPGEnc

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.