TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 556 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question About audio when joining two mpg files Hataian 1 2002-05-27 23:49:07
Question FAT32 v 4GB farrellb@indigo.ie 5 2002-05-28 12:50:02
Question Read error while encoding lerdman 3 2002-09-04 17:47:43
Question Widescreen Neophyte 1 2002-05-27 23:52:43
Question MPEG-2 Video Victory 2 2002-05-27 22:13:49
Question can't get any sound when i try to play mpg file anot 3 2002-05-28 00:03:38
Question Unsupported file please help Neophyte 4 2002-05-28 16:45:51
Question aspect ratio 1/2 ?? Thomas 4 2002-05-28 13:02:58
Question Problem Catalin 1 2002-05-27 18:16:54
Question TMPGENC 2.54.37.135 is extremely slow.... michaelvv 4 2002-05-28 13:20:01
Question Pinnacle DC10+ MJPEG hego 3 2002-05-28 00:37:16
Question TMPGEnc for Plug-in Ulead MSP6.5 Farmer 2 2002-05-28 06:03:14

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 556 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - About audio when joining two mpg files No.22062
Hataian  2002-05-27 23:32:53 ( ID:pq/ugw.8krm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If I join two mpg files with Tmpgenc and the audio of the first mpg file
is longer than the video of the first mpg file,will this audio be cut off
at the cutting point and the audio of the second mpg file starts(and therefore
the second mpg file audio be in sync with the second mpg video)?

ASHY  2002-05-27 23:49:07 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This is a bit of a daft question isn't it?
Of course the audio will stop at the cutting point, you have cut it out haven't you?
The audio from the second MPEG file will start wherever ever you choose it to start and at the end of the first MPEG file you have have cut.

Why not just try it instead of asking, it only takes a few minutes. Seems a simple solution to me.

ASHY

Question - FAT32 v 4GB No.22056
farrellb@indigo.ie  2002-05-27 23:29:10 ( ID:paxuygvpzok )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Has anyone any idea how to overcome the problem of Windows ME stopping at 4BG when capturing using WinTV PVR-PCI? I'm trying to get the best quality to burn to SVCD.

Thanks
Brian

Hataian  2002-05-27 23:34:10 ( ID:pq/ugw.8krm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Use the program Avi_io or Virtualdub for capturing.They can split the capture
up into several files and avoid the 4 GB problem by that.

ASHY  2002-05-27 23:40:32 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Use a capture program which allows you to capture to segmented AVI's or use the Divx 5 codec and encode at the highest quality setting. If your system starts dropping frames just change the performance setting to fastest.
This won't affect the quality, but will use less compression creating a larger output file.
Believe me, capturing with this codec at highest quality and using a decent frame size such as 640x480 in YUY2 format is almost indistinguishable from uncompressed AVI.

ASHY

Minion  2002-05-28 03:33:02 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have the same capture card and program as you and there is no way of getting the program to make more than one 4gb file with out stoping and setting it up..
I have had some fair results captureing with "virtua dub" and there are some others like "windvr" but the one I have been useing lately is "IUVCR" and it is free and makes sequential 4gb files with fair quality...

Farmer  2002-05-28 05:46:44 ( ID:skqqgcjdvag )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Use the program Scenalyzer Live. It can capturing real-time scene-detection, provides the solution for the 4GB problem, smart batch capturing and other features.

ASHY  2002-05-28 12:50:02 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I use the program IUVCR and is an excellant program. In fact it is the best capture program I have used so far.
There are also some tweaked drivers on the site which work very well and allow me to capture with my WinTV Go card at full 768x576 frames which my original Happauge drivers wouldn't and would only allow 640x480.

Virtualdub is a decent program, but as far as capturing goes it is now outdated as it is based on the old VFW design and IUVCR gives much better performance and lower CPU usuage allowing you to capture at larger framesizes and higher bitrates.

If you you don't want to do any of this then the only other option is to upgrade your operating sytem to Windows NT/2000/XP and use the NTFS file system. There will then be no limit to your file size.

ASHY

Question - Read error while encoding No.22052
lerdman  2002-05-27 20:40:29 ( ID:gagug2fpiik )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I often receive crash with the following error "read error occurred at address xxxxxx of module TMPGEnc.exe." It seems to happend if the motion search setting is set to High Quality. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Lerdman

CODE66  Home )  2002-05-27 22:04:50 ( ID:qnyjh09.atm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a similar error on windows 2000
then it crashes....

Minion  2002-05-27 22:19:09 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I had someone e-mail me yesterday with the same problem , what i did is e-mailed him the "tmpgenc.exe" file from my version of tmpgenc and he put it in his folder and took out his "exe" file and he write back and said that it worked great, so maybe try re-downloading the program and re-install it cuz there could be an error in your "exe" file...

Alan Lippman  2002-09-04 17:47:43 ( ID:4afoxevxhsl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I Agree. I have found the tool to be excellent, but the lack of a fade-in/fade-out has been the one major lack. Thank you though for doing an excelent job on noise filters/cropping/start/end controls and audio fade in and out. And the mpeg encoding seems to be the best I've seen as well!

One small questions - I don;t know if anyone else has seen this.
Windows media occasionally seems to "mis-understand" the duration of a file created by tmpEnc - but ONLY if the file extension is mpg - If I give it the extension mpeg everything seems to work fine!

Question - Widescreen No.22050
Neophyte  2002-05-27 20:07:45 ( ID:lf8bomhf4rj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

can you format your movie to widescreen using TMPGE then encode it
if so please exsplain

thanx

ASHY  2002-05-27 23:52:43 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Click setting then the video tab and choose 16:9 as the output aspect ratio.

ASHY

Question - MPEG-2 Video No.22047
Victory  2002-05-27 19:55:51 ( ID:x3/fon87r6f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Does any know a work around the 30 days limitation of MPEG-2 video for ver. 2.54a.

In previous versions there some fix using a reg line, however this method does not work for versions 2.5x.

Please help.

Victor

Minion  2002-05-27 22:09:27 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The easyest way is to pay for it....

ASHY  2002-05-27 22:13:49 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I know of a work around. Follow these steps.

1. Get credit card
2. Goto Pegasus site
3. Click link to buy
4. Enter credit card number
5. Wait for serial
6. Unlock TMPG

Simple.

ASHY

Question - can't get any sound when i try to play mpg file No.22043
anot  2002-05-27 19:47:11 ( ID:ulm6e7lav9o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i am a newbie in trying to convert dvd to vcd. it seems that i am successful in
ripping the dvd and able to create the d2v and wav file but when I am in
TMPG and start creating the mpg, when I try to play the produced mpg file there is no sound. i am not sure if it is with TMPG or a previous step. I tried playing the WAV file generate by DVD2AVI and it seems okay. any suggestions?

Minion  2002-05-27 22:15:15 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Make sure your "wav" file reader in your "vfapi plugins" is at a high enough priority like at "1",make sure you have the proper codecs to play back the mpeg2 layer audio in your mpeg file..try encodeing the wav file seperately to mpeg audio, then listen to it and see if it is there, and if it is you can multiplex it with your video file and have a working mpeg/vcd file, make sure you set the audio frequency to 41000hz and a bitrate of at least 128kbs....

ASHY  2002-05-28 00:01:30 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Give this a try to establish whether the audio is actually in the movie file or not.
Download a program called Virtualdub, load in your movie file assuming it is MPEG1.
Click File>File information and have a look at the info where it says audio track. It should say 44khz stereo,224kbps layer II.
If it doesn't then the problem is that the movie doesn't contain any audio.
If it does the problem is with media player.
Try to play the file in Virtual dub to see if you can here the audio.

ASHY

ASHY  2002-05-28 00:03:38 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Oops can't spell, meant hear the audio not here the audio.

Question - Unsupported file please help No.22038
Neophyte  2002-05-27 18:52:02 ( ID:kqeswzcpkao )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I put tmpge on my other computer and when I try to encode it says this AVI file is not supported or something like that but it works on my first comp also it will do the audio whats wrong

please help
thanx

ASHY  2002-05-27 19:02:06 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It is most likely you need the relevant codec installed on your system to decode the movie.
If it's a DiVx movie then install DiVx 4.12. If that doesn't work install 3.11.
If neither work then you either have the wrong codecs or you may need to increase the priority of the Direct show multimedia file reader' in the enviromental settings to 2 and lower the others to 0.

ASHY

Vandanam  2002-05-28 05:21:52 ( ID:sqozllcmzpo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have the same problem with all mpeg2 files on my computer. I can not open them as a video source in TMPGenc. The error message is "The file ... unsupported". If there is a codec problem then why I can play that mpeg2 files in Windows Media Player or Ulead Video Studio without any problems? I set the priority for DierectShow Media File Reader to 2 and all other priorities to 0. But is did not help. I was happy with previous version and I payd for the TMPGenc Plus 2.54a. But I can not use it. What to do? Please HELP!

ASHY  2002-05-28 12:56:52 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Because certain files will play on Media player, this is no indication whatsoever that you have the correct codecs installed which other software can use.
You most probably have a software DVD player installed on your system or other software installed which is allowing Media player to use it's codec.
Also Ulead probably has it's own codec for opening MPEG2 files.
Not all software can access and use these codecs.

The best codec I have used for opening MPEG2 files is the one below.
http://www.plmovies.com/mpeg2codec_installer.zip

ASHY

Vandanam  2002-05-28 16:45:51 ( ID:aveo.pzk.ic )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ASHY, Thank you. That helps!

Question - aspect ratio 1/2 ?? No.22033
Thomas  2002-05-27 17:56:51 ( ID:n7bwqkmt.2k )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

what is the difference between "keep aspect ratio" and "keep aspect ratio 2".
i couldn't find any information about this on the web.

Minion  2002-05-27 22:21:18 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you put your mouse over the "video arrange method" and keep it still a page will pop up explaining all the arange methods....

Magic  2002-05-27 23:20:39 ( ID:b3wtvzva/ra )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

As far as I can tell, nothing until you "clip" the movie.

If you clip the movie then the bit you are left with will stretch to fill the screen (keeping it's aspect ratio) with the first one, but with the 2nd you just get black bars for the bit you clipped.

Try clipping about 40 or so pixels off each edge of your movie and then compare the two - it'll become clear :-)

Minion  2002-05-28 03:40:37 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

"Fullscreen (keep aspect ratio 1)"=Maximises window at the same time keeping aspect ratio..
Fullscreen(keep aspectratio 2)=Maximizes window at the same time keeping aspect ratio and displaying movie in full screen

ASHY  2002-05-28 13:02:58 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That's just what it says in the tips, I think Magic is right.
Fullscreen (keep aspect ratio 2) shows you the movie in full screen with the parts that have been clipped.

ASHY

Question - Problem No.22031
Catalin  2002-05-27 16:54:28 ( ID:09fk.xk1m5r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I try to encode a movie from avi/divx to mpeg1,I see an error message:"The error occured when ACM was initialized.I have a pentium 200 mmx with 48Mb.Thank you in advance.

ASHY  2002-05-27 18:16:54 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Could be something to do with an audio codec you need or need to reinstall on your PC.
The ACM message refers to the windows Audio Compression Manager which is used to decode or encode audio using the audio codecs you have installed on your system.
Find out what the audio is in the movie file and install the appropiate codec or extract the audio to a wav file with a program such as Virtualdub and use that as your audio source.

ASHY

Question - TMPGENC 2.54.37.135 is extremely slow.... No.22026
michaelvv  2002-05-27 15:41:50 ( ID:7vay9rphki6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hey Everybody...

Had suddently figured out how to use tmpgenc with ifoedit , but my
problem is this....

I had created a TMpg file which i want to use with tmpgenc , so i later
can remux the mpeg file with ifoedit....

The thing works great , but i take me about 2 hours before tmpgenc had
reloaded the file so i can start the encoding....

Where i had done a movie and want to make another i have the same problem...

What can i do to avoid this kind of delays....

My system is AMD 1.2 Ghz TB , 256 Mb RAM , 60 GB HD and Win2000....

Any suggestions ?????????

Hope someone can help........

Best wishes

michaelvv

Minion  2002-05-27 22:22:42 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I"m sory but i don"t under stand your question.Can you explain it a little better?

ASHY  2002-05-28 00:48:19 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Neither do I.
What is it you are attempting to achieve with IFOEDIT. I thought IFOEDIT was used for VOBS so how does it link with TMPG and why are you encoding the same MPEG again?

Confused...
ASHY

michaelvv  2002-05-28 07:18:06 ( ID:7vay9rphki6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello Again ....

I'll try to explain me a little better...

I'm making the Tmpg File in Ifoedit , which hold the information about
the I,B,P frames, just to be sure that my movie will be in sync when
i later remux it to a vob in ifoedit...

I'm using the guide at http://www.doom9.org/mpg/tmpg-dvdencoding.htm.

Everything works perfect , but it's very very slow...

But is there a better way the remux the m2v file back into a vob than using
ifoedit for that , i would like to know ?????

What is the optimal setting for tmpgenc with low bitrates at about 3Mbit/sec ?

I'm backing up a film which last 2:28:00 hour....

PS! Where nice BBS board you have here.....

Michaelvv

ASHY  2002-05-28 13:20:01 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well I'm still not quite sure what you are trying to achieve with IFOEDIT, because it seems you are doing things a long way round.

If all you are trying to do is convert a movie to MPEG2 and then author that to DVD then why dont you simply encode the d2v file from DVD2AVI using TMPG as normal and then import your MPEG2 file into a DVD authoring program.

There are many many DVD authoring programs out there now which seem far more simple to use than the slow and cumbersome method you seem to be using.
It even states on the doom site that this method you are using is sooo slow, so drop this method and have a look around for a good DVD authoring program and save yourself some hassle.

Go to this page and have a look a some of the software. There is a whole bunch of programs here to do what you need.
http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/downloads/authoring.html

ASHY

Question - Pinnacle DC10+ MJPEG No.22022
hego  2002-05-27 13:21:13 ( ID:eo6ixh3rqra )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I open a MJPEG-Avi the preview-window is black, also encoded Mpegfiles are black. I only can use the pinnacle DC10+ codec MJPEG with the captureboard. Any suggestions?

hego  2002-05-27 14:38:32 ( ID:lfda6f09fmc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I made some tests in the "envroment settings/VFAPIplugin" and unchecked with success the AVI2(openDML)File Reader-Plugin, which is builtin the TMPEGEnc. Now also Mjpeg-Avis are shown in the window! Maybe this will help anybody else! It is the best Avi-Mpeg-Tool I ever tested, with very good results.

ASHY  2002-05-28 00:29:37 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You mean you can only use Pinnacles own codec for hardware compression. Theres nothing stopping you from using a software compressor such as the DIVX codec.

I don't have the DC10+ so the following information Iam going to give is speculation.

Ok, seeing as the DC10+ is a hardware encoder which uses an internal MJPEG codec it is therefore sensible to assume you will need another software MJPEG codec installed on your system to decode the file, so media player and TMPG can open it correctly.
Heres a daft thing. Even though Media player may open and play the file using the drivers or codecs Pinnacle supply with the card it doesn't necessarily mean TMPG will open it correctly.

I would suggest trying to install another MJPEG codec on your system such as PICVideo MJPEG codec or Morgan Multimedia MJPEG codec and see what happens.

It's all I can do I'm afraid.

ASHY

ASHY  2002-05-28 00:37:16 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don't know why the hell I just posted that info seeing as you have solved your own problem.
Anyway the theory is there, just the method is wrong.

ASHY

Question - TMPGEnc for Plug-in Ulead MSP6.5 No.22019
Farmer  2002-05-27 13:15:37 ( ID:skqqgcjdvag )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can we use TMPGEnc for Plug-in Ulead Media Studio PRO 6.5?

Minion  2002-05-27 22:41:17 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don"t think you can use it as a plugin but I"m sure that you can import or export file from or to "tmpgenc"..I think "ulead media studio" uses it"s own mpeg encoder......

Farmer  2002-05-28 06:03:14 ( ID:skqqgcjdvag )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thank you, Minion. UMSP uses it's own mpeg encoder "MPEG NOW", but it encoding worse than TMPGEnc or CCE.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.