TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 588 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question I can't get this to work - PLEASE HELP - NEWBIE!! Rita 3 2002-05-08 17:10:35
Question "Lock-up" when almost done JesterMania 3 2002-05-08 12:08:30
Question Slight screen jolt after encoding skinner 2 2002-05-08 04:39:14
Free talk Solution for converting some .avi files to .mpg Robert 1 2002-05-08 00:51:31
Question log error: video could not be loaded Meh 2 2002-05-12 11:33:14
Question Help with avi 23.976fps, covert to avi 25fps? orthadox 3 2002-05-09 19:54:42
Question Audio stream channel mode?? Scorpion 4 2002-05-09 18:48:57
Request Feature Request: Distributed Encoding torti 0 2002-05-07 10:53:12
Request Merge/Cut Feature Request Andrew 1 2002-05-09 17:45:31
Question Disk cache settings for 2-pass VBR CICCIO 3 2002-05-07 16:20:27
Question SVCD to VCD conversion petrocs 5 2002-05-09 18:21:06
Question NEED HELP ENCODING AVI TO MPG TO MAKE A VCD GEMINI 4 2002-05-10 13:59:45

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 588 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - I can't get this to work - PLEASE HELP - NEWBIE!! No.20814
Rita  2002-05-07 17:25:58 ( ID:n9ypvj19eej )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can I ask you a dumb question? I only have a CDRW drive so will this work??? I can't get it to even open the file in Virtual Dub then tmpgenc will not open the AVI file after I have saved it to a WAV. I have no clue what I am doing but have always been "good" with computers. I am a programmer and have found very few things that I can't do but this seems to be something that stops at every step with some kind of error!!

Any advice would be much appreciated - is it even worth it to do this? I am thinking it would be much easier to just spend the money and by the DVD!

Thanks,
Rita

u too slow  2002-05-07 22:33:21 ( ID:rtzhprsj6ml )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

wow ~!

your way lost

be more specific

are you trying to take a .avi directly from a cd in your cdrw ?
jeez for a programmer you sure are hella confused

Gant  2002-05-08 00:36:39 ( ID:3pzi..eqyjo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

he he he... i also think u'r a little confused here...

As "u too slow" said.. be a little bit more specific.

What kind of files are u trying to open and in what program...

since u talked about dvds... are u trying to "Rip" a dvd?

OK... if so here's a little tut/advice:

First of all the vobs cant and should not be openned in virtualdub not tmpegenc... so give up on that.
Second, u should frameserv those vobs first... dvd2avi and avisynth... my personal advice.
Third... what the hell do u mean u tryed to save the avi into a wav? Wowowowowowow... u'r really confused here m8.

Well anyway... fell free to reply and be a bit more specific :)

One more thing... this site is great and u can learn a lot here... and tmpgenc is the reference mpeg encoder for me (CCE sucks big time :p ) but if u want to learn more there are these 3 reference sites i can give u:

www.digital-digest.com
www.doom9.org
www.vcdhelp.com

More than this i cant do with the info u gave me... feel free to mail me with any questions: gant_anime@net.sapo.pt

Matta ne.

Gant

Rita  2002-05-08 17:10:35 ( ID:n9ypvj19eej )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Okay - this what I want to do - I downloaded a movie from Kazaa website and I can watch it on my computer through windows media player - what I wanted to do was put it on a cd and watch it on my dvd player that is attached to my TV. The instructions say to:

by the way I have a brand new Dell Computer - 1.9 ghz - 512 ram - cdrw drive - awesome fast computer so I know my computer is capable of doing this. I can program in Cobol mostly so this is brand new to me and this has nothing to do with programming cobol code!!!! So - I would like to just see if I can do this so below is the web page that has the instructions I am going by. So please look this over and let me know if this is not what I need to do and/or if there is something else I can do that would be a lot easier for me! I just want to get this to work!! Thanks so much and sorry the first post was so vague - I should know better than that!

http://www.vcdhelp.com/divxtovcd.htm

Question - "Lock-up" when almost done No.20810
JesterMania  Home )  2002-05-07 16:00:56 ( ID:z.l5ytudckw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I recently used VCDGear to rip the MPEG files out of a VCD. I then proceeded to use TMPGEnc to encode the MPEGs into DivX AVI (DivX 5.0.1, MP3 192kb/s) and TMPGEnc encodes the files until there is 1 second left (27700/27702) and then it just seems to freeze. I can minimize the program, do other tasks in Windows etc, and it still seems to be writing more data into the AVI file according to Windows Explorer. However, it just stays there for an overly long period of time. I am also getting this same error when trying to encode MPEG to DivX with other files as well. Any suggestions on what maybe causing the problem?

u too slow  2002-05-07 22:29:04 ( ID:rtzhprsj6ml )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

slow cpu

it just happens man

Gant  2002-05-08 00:48:16 ( ID:3pzi..eqyjo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

your divx 5 is a lega lversion right?

It might be some sort of crap divx 5 does... since its spieware... i believe anything... :\n
I dont reallything it has anything to do with the slow cpu... but i really cant tell... try virtualdub... and use any sort or monitor porogram to se whats happening on your computer... tne se if there is anything unusual hapening and analize whats going on... it might be a serious problem... but with this info i really cant say...

Sorry for not being much of a helper here :(

Matta ne.

Gant

JesterMania  Home )  2002-05-08 12:08:30 ( ID:zxcimkhxm9c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for the replies everyone! Actually, it just locked up for about 10 minutes and finally finished the file, so I suppose I just had to wait a while. Everything is working now. ^_^

Question - Slight screen jolt after encoding No.20807
skinner  2002-05-07 15:53:36 ( ID:hx7qu.clmeh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi

After converting avi to mpeg I get a very slight screen jolt every 3/4 secs on the output file. Is this normal or is there a setting i need to change ?

Gant  2002-05-08 01:26:21 ( ID:3pzi..eqyjo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i would actually like to help u... but my native language is not english and although i can read, write and talk... some more tecnicla expressions i cant really understand them,... what does jolt mean?

Matta ne,

Gant

Minion  2002-05-08 04:39:14 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If it is what I think you are talking about just a slight shakeing in the video mostly noticeable when there are words on the screen? yes this i think is normal it is actualy allways there but you don"t notice it when the movie is in 720 by 480 resolution but when you convert it to 352 by 240 or even 480 by 480 you can see it more....try the no flicker feature on your dvd player.....

Free talk - Solution for converting some .avi files to .mpg No.20805
Robert  2002-05-07 14:06:49 ( ID:9tjvibsr/uo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Nice trick i learned that may be of help to some newbies and experienced users alike I recently was converting some .avi's and noticed that the audio did not encode even though it was supposed to. I found a great program in the AVI2VCD pack called decompress.exe if you run your divx .avi through it the audio will be decompressed and then run it through TMPGenc the audio track will encode properly

Gant  2002-05-08 00:51:31 ( ID:3pzi..eqyjo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

he he he.. its nice fo u to share the info m8... but this is really old... try playing arround with ogg sound or even aac sound or even wma audio streams... that wont work. :)

What u are basically doing can also be done with winamp... yes winamp... its only converting the audio stream into pcm uncompressed wav :)

If i sounded like a bitch sorry... i didnt menat to.. i actually thing its very nice of u to shre the info :)

Matta ne.

Gant

Question - log error: video could not be loaded No.20802
Meh  2002-05-07 12:45:51 ( ID:2m0mkow2fc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, i've tried alot to get my avi file to mpeg the only problem is when i want to encode it with TMPGEnc it says input video couldnt be loaded...

whats my prob here cause i dont have video when i watch it too....

Gant  2002-05-08 00:57:37 ( ID:3pzi..eqyjo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

1st: can you pay u'r avi on your computer with Windows Media player 6.4 (yes dont use 7 or 8 cause they also use internally built codecs... and that other progs cant access) or any other video program thaty uses direct show filters?

If so it means u have the video codec used in the avi installed... if that right then u should be able to open it in TMPGEnc... do you have the direct show filters enabled in TMPGEnc?

You musthave those on.. if not... thne that might be the problem... if even enabling it u cant load teh file.. then u have a problem? What codec are u using?

Well see if this works and if not answer my questions.

Matta ne.

Gant

Meh  2002-05-12 11:33:14 ( ID:2m0mkow2fc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i now installed a newer divx codec on me comp...all works fine thanx..

weird thing is i COULD watch the movies in .avi allthough the divx version was wrong...!?

Question - Help with avi 23.976fps, covert to avi 25fps? No.20798
orthadox  2002-05-07 12:41:08 ( ID:d5icnb42hn6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi hopefully someone can help me out.
Ok i have an avi film which is 23.976fps but i need to convert it to 25fps, so i can encode it to either vcd(pal) or svcd(pal).The main reason i want it convert it to 25fps is so i can output the finish mpg through a hardware mpeg card to a Video recorder, and for that i need it to be 25fps so the stream ends up smooth and does not jump when being watched.Ive already tryed it with 5 avi films that where originally 25fps and it works just fine.

I know i need to use virtualdub, but im not quite sure how to do the conversion so the sound stays in sync. Please if any1 can help me out with a how to do it right, or some weblinks it would be great.

Thanks in Avdance.

Gant  2002-05-08 01:02:20 ( ID:3pzi..eqyjo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

he he he m8... only using virtualdub wont do the job m8... does it really have to be pal? Well it your choice... and i hope u know that most dvd players can play pal and ntsc... my advice would be to make a 2:3 pulldown on that... but hey you want Pal... i actually know how to do this... cause i do it very often but my personal advice and since the tut would take me wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy toooooooooooooo long to right... and i'm not the typer guy ;)

Go here: www.digital-digest.com or www.doom9.org or www.vcdhelp.com.

Have fun exploring... i'm sure thau have some kind of tut for that... if not... just mail me... and i'll do my best to explain it to you in the smaller number of words possible... :)

Matta ne.

Gant

ASHY  2002-05-09 17:34:36 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You don't need to re-encode the file using Virtualdub. Use the method below to acheive what you want.

First we are going to need some software.

1. Virtualdub: http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/virtualdub/VirtualDub-1_4_9.zip

2. Cooledit 2000: ftp://207.109.248.242/disks/cooledit/ce2kmain.exe

3. Aviframerate changer: http://inmatrix.hoyty.com/mirror/avifrate110.zip
or
4. http://www.divx-digest.com/software/fpsetter.html (if AVIframerate changer doesn't work)

Step 1.
The first step is to install all the above software then the next thing is to start with your original AVI.
Start up Virtualdub, click File and open your AVI. In Virtualdub click File then click 'Save wav' and choose where you want to save it then click save.

Next click Video and choose 'Frame Rate' and change the frame rate to the one you want to convert to i.e 25fps.
Now click 'Edit' and click 'end' from the menu.
Note what it says in the timescale box as the length of the movie exactly.
Now calculate what the total time is in seconds. For example 1:20:02.360 would be 4802.360 secs, write this down. Close virtualdub

Step 2.
The next step is to sync the Audio.
open Cool edit 2000.

When the program opens you will be presented with a box allowing you to choose 2 options. Choose options 1 and 3.

In the program click file>open and open the wav you created earlier.
Wait for it to finish then click 'Edit' and untick 'enable undo' then click 'select entire wave' next click 'Transform' and choose 'Time/pitch' from the drop down menu then click 'stretch'
In this box tick the following options:

Low precision
Time stretch (preserves pitch)

In the box that says 'Length' type in the exact figure you got in secs from Virtualdub for e.g. 4802.360 then click ok.
Wait for the program to do it's stuff then when its finished click 'file' then 'save as' and name and save your file as a wav.

This should give you a Wav file which will be the same length as the movie in the next step. Close Cool edit 2000.

Step 3. This is where we change the frame rate of the movie.

To change the frame rate of an AVI all you have do is use a little program called 'AVI frame rate changer' Just open up the AVI with the program and change the frame rate.

To check that the movie is in sync with the audio, open up virtualdub and open your movie you have changed the framerate of then click Audio and choose 'Wav audio' from the menu and find the wav you have just created.
Click the first play button and you should find the audio is in sync with the movie.

If you have problems changing the framerate with any of the above programs then you can frameserve the movie to TMPG instead using Virtualdub.
Just change the framerate to 25fps and follow the same instructions above for the audio.

Now use the AVI you have created from either the one you have changed the framerate of, using 'Framerate changer' or the one you just created with the Frame server, as your Video source for TMPG and the wav file as your audio source for TMPG.

Note: If you don't know how to frameserve checkout vcdhelp.com for info on how to.

Hope this helps.

ASHY

orthadox  2002-05-09 19:54:42 ( ID:mk8pw3dua56 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thx Ashy. works a treat :)

Question - Audio stream channel mode?? No.20793
Scorpion  2002-05-07 11:36:51 ( ID:fg4dwqkzvjn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hey guys,

Well I got everything to work but I still don't know 1 thing. I want my svcd files to run on my dvd player> it works fine. But I have my stereo running on the dvd player too and I'm ussing dolby pro logic and other dolby surround. What should I set the channel mode to, to get a nice dolby surround. (already got freq to 48 khz)

Greets Scorpion.

u too slow  2002-05-07 22:36:03 ( ID:rtzhprsj6ml )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

SVCD 1.0 standard is 44.1 khz

if your player can handle the 48 khz ,by all means use it,its better quality anyway

i suggest using dual channel,as SVCD cant have 5.1 sound

Minion  2002-05-07 23:50:20 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

you can"t output dolby surround unless you input dolby surround and svcd can"t take dolby surround and it wont thake 48000hz cuz it isn"t in the svcd specifications,and you can only have 2 chanels of audio so you won"t get real surround sound but with joint sterio you might get the best result.....

Scorpion  2002-05-08 19:28:20 ( ID:e/mhum9icc2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

48 khz runs!! love it; its no dolby but sound was cool!!

ASHY  2002-05-09 18:48:57 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>you can"t output dolby surround unless you input dolby surround and svcd can"t take dolby surround and it wont thake 48000hz cuz it isn"t in the svcd specifications,and you can only have 2 chanels of audio so you won"t get real surround sound but with joint sterio you might get the best result.....

Sorry Minion your way off target there.

There is no reason why dolby prologic can't be encoded to an MPEG file whether it is SVCD or VCD as the audio stream is independant of the video stream so it doesn't matter,just as long as you downmix your 5.1 ac3 to a prologic wav.

For Dolby prologic you should use a bitrate of no less than 192kb/s (as stated in the MPEG standards) and you should encode using 'Stereo' *NOT* 'Joint stereo) as joint stereo kills the the dolby prologic information contained in the file.
If your DVD player allows it there is no reason why you shouldn't use 48000hz in either VCD or SVCD as the quality is higher.

ASHY

Request - Feature Request: Distributed Encoding No.20792
torti  2002-05-07 10:53:12 ( ID:5wc4zhjjh3o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, is distributed encoding planed so far? would be great to use some cluster to encode divx and svcd .)

Request - Merge/Cut Feature Request No.20790
Andrew  2002-05-07 09:14:11 ( ID:2lfstschcsn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Not really sure where else to post this but one feature i would love is a way to set cut times for multiple files at once instead of having to enter it individually for each file.

An example where this is useful would be joining 20 mpg files with 3 second splash screens on all of them.

ASHY  2002-05-09 17:45:31 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you are burning these files to a VCD then why dont you just place the splash screen as the first file you wish to burn and your main file as the second file you wish to burn in your burning software?

As long as you make sure you choose 'Disk at once' recording and make sure you tell your burning software not to put any pauses between tracks, you won't get any gaps between the two and they should play fluently.

ASHY

Question - Disk cache settings for 2-pass VBR No.20786
CICCIO  2002-05-07 08:04:04 ( ID:len4cdzvgsl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Are there any suggested settings for disk cache.
I have the impression that when I set this option, I lose the second pass of VBR - i.e. TMPGenc does only one pass instead of two.
Is this true for you?

ffast  2002-05-07 08:31:14 ( ID:rq73n1voqvj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No, not at all.

TMPGEnc does 2 pass if you choose 2 pass.
If there is not enough HDD cache space, it just does not get faster.

As for size of the cache, you need to set resonable value so that
all the results of 1st pass can be stored into the HDD cache.
If you do not have enough HDD space, just do not use this option.

Minion  2002-05-07 10:57:07 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The maximun cache size is supposed to be 5.3gb,per hour of avi file...well that is what it says ,but for me the little bit of quality you gain with the 2 pass isn"t really worth waiting 2-3 times as long......

CICCIO  2002-05-07 16:20:27 ( ID:len4cdzvgsl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, ffast,
I should have enough disk cache space, as I set this to be 4 gigs while having a 35' length movie to encode.
Did you experiment some speed improvement?
I found that encoding speed was almost double. This is why I imagined that second pass could not have been made. IMHO, if second pass is indeed done, well, this is a major improvement of this software...
FFast, tell me I am not dreaming :-0

Question - SVCD to VCD conversion No.20780
petrocs  2002-05-07 06:15:03 ( ID:iyfhefwxw5o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am trying to convert an SVCD to VCD and its 3 discs. The first disc went through the MPEG tool fine when changing the file type to MPEG1. However, the 2nd and 3rd discs are receiving an error halfway through which says buffer underwrite so now a 726mg file is now 346mg and is missing 20 minutes. Anyone know how to fix this problem? I read a reply about using the merge and cut but I have no idea how to do that. What can be done to bypass or fix this?

Thanks

Minion  2002-05-07 07:21:59 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Are you trying to change the headers on a mpeg2-svcd to mpeg1 vcd headers so you can play it on your dvd player or are you useing "tmpgenc" to encode your mpeg2 to a mpeg1 vcd? if you are just trying to change to headers on a mpeg2 so your dvd player with think your svcd -mpeg2 is a vcd-mpeg1, you can load your mpeg2 file into the "merge and cut" choose mpeg1-vcd non-standard, then choose were your output directory and just click run and it will make a copy of your mpeg2 file with mpeg1-vcd headers so it will fool your dvd player in thinking your mpeg2 is a vcd......

petrocs  2002-05-07 17:50:03 ( ID:iyfhefwxw5o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Its still cutting off 20 minutes. I cant seem to figure out why.

u too slow  2002-05-07 22:38:02 ( ID:rtzhprsj6ml )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

try demux/remux

crapola  2002-05-09 00:45:09 ( ID:k8idort33dl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Im having exact same problem! are u trying to do the spiderman svcd to vcd trick? I have exactr same thing happening to disc 2 and 3

hooli  2002-05-09 18:21:06 ( ID:r2czg1sftk2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

yep, i got the spiderman one, its also happening to me. Someone in an earlier thread suggested that you can use nero to change the folder name because your dvd player looks for the vid in a certain folder... I didnt quite understand it, but later today I will follow what he said step by step and try to see if it works. If anyone else has a solution, lemme know

Question - NEED HELP ENCODING AVI TO MPG TO MAKE A VCD No.20775
GEMINI  2002-05-07 04:24:54 ( ID:h4tvdqymibo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi there, i am just totally lost... i've read almost every article and even this step by step website, and still can't find what i'm doing wrong. I've downloaded avi movies from kazaa, and encoded them to mpg, then burnt it with nero, but it won't play on my dvd player, yet it plays on my computer. So far, I've tried 3 different ways of encoding the avi to mpg which took me 9 hrs each time. Can someone please give me step by step instructions, I am so confused. I appreciate it, thanks.

Minion  2002-05-07 04:32:13 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you can play it on your computer and when you load it into nero in "vcd mode"
and nero does not give you a error message then your player doesn"t play vcd"s,or it might just play store bought ones.....

GEMINI  2002-05-07 05:02:26 ( ID:h4tvdqymibo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i have no problem burning it with nero on vcd mode, are u sure my dvd player doesn't support it cause it does say for dvd/vcd/cd on it. could it be that my encoding settings with tmpgenc aren't correct?

Minion  2002-05-07 05:54:38 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you have a mpeg movie file that you can watch and hear on your computer, and nero does not complain about the file then I think the only thing it can be is that your player does not support vcd"s.But there are a couple other things that it could be like your player does not like your brand of disks or does not like cd-r"s or cd-rw"s.you have to make sure that your player plays cd-r"s or cd-rw"s, just because is says it plays vcd"s doesn"t mean it will play cd-r-rw"s
But go to http://vcdhelp.com and they have a section on dvd player compatability, and has most players and models listed,this should tell you if it is yer player or a software or other glitch......I hope you figure it out...

ASHY  2002-05-10 13:59:45 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Not all players that state DVD/VCD/CD can play the home made variety.
This is usually a sly trick by cheaper DVD player manufactures.
What they are actually referring to is only pre-recorded disks as you player is incapable of reading CDR's.
Even so a lot of incompatible players can read CDRW as the light wavelength reflected back to the laser is similar to DVD's.

So try CDRW, if they don't work I'm afraid it's a new player you need.

ASHY

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.