TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 343 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question p3package k 3 2002-11-15 05:42:07
Question losing audio when creating clip jimg 2 2002-11-15 05:10:22
Question Embedding a company logo Gagan Walia 1 2002-11-15 04:59:29
Question i have a .mpg file. how do i know if it is mpeg1 or mpeg2? Judy 2 2002-11-15 12:32:20
Question trouble loading tmpgenc slothrop 7 2002-11-16 14:07:11
Question Jumpy Video gbagman37 1 2002-11-15 04:51:46
Question No audio when creating a MPG from AVI for DVD Newuser 2 2002-11-15 13:01:38
Question One MPG from multiple AVIs with v2.59? Anon 5 2002-11-17 19:00:08
Question Problem converting divx file ... Garry 2 2002-11-15 06:43:44
Question creating a vcd Crewchief81 1 2002-11-14 07:59:35
Question Where does the rest go? Dave 2 2002-11-14 10:38:57
Question wont play henry torres 1 2002-11-14 07:50:08

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 343 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - p3package No.30729
k  2002-11-15 02:28:46 ( ID:zzvgpo82sd6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

what the hell is the p3package.dll?

Minion  2002-11-15 05:36:47 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Do you want to Know what it is or do you want to get rid of a
"P3P Package.dll" Error???? The P3P Package optimizes Tmpgenc for the Pentium 3 Proscessor....But if you are getting a P3P Package error then it is probably because you don"t have all the Tmpgenc files in the Same Folder...All the Files that came in the original Zip file you downloaded have to be in a Folder and all in the Same Folder, and One of those Files has to be the "P3P Package.DLL" file...

lupy  2002-11-15 05:40:07 ( ID:o10nietw26a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

its a file that comes with tmpgenc....if yours is missing then either is got deleted or put in the wrong folder somehow....just download tmpgenc again and unzip the zip file into a single folder....and u will have all the files u need

lupy  2002-11-15 05:42:07 ( ID:o10nietw26a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

wow u must have posted at the same time minion lol

Question - losing audio when creating clip No.30726
jimg  2002-11-14 23:47:59 ( ID:.i9q4sxe9em )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I made a MPEG2 with TMPGEnc and loaded in in the merge/cut tool. It makes the video clip just fine, but deletes the audio. Is that a way to correct this??????????

Grant  2002-11-15 03:38:07 ( ID:tqoubfi9upr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Here's the problem...the avi you have most likely has the audio track stored in mp3 format, which TMPEGEnc can't decode. You'll need a program that will covert the audio track into PCM...this can take about 30 minutes in my experience !!
Go to http://www.divx-digest.com/software/avi2vcd.html to get the tool !!!

The avi size will probably increase by about 60%, but once you've done this...MPEGEnc should be sweet !!!

Minion  2002-11-15 05:10:22 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sory Grant But I thing you read his question Wrong....His problem is he Is looseing the audio when useing the Merge & Cut tool...this is Just one of those problems with the Mpeg tools..They just aren"t reading or writeing the audio in this Particular Mpeg file and There is No Magic setting that I know that will Fix it..So My Advice is to Use a Different Mpeg editor, I would recomend "Mpeg2VCR" you can download a full But older version of it at "h**p://www.apachez.net/....

Question - Embedding a company logo No.30724
Gagan Walia  2002-11-14 23:33:51 ( ID:knpcm6li9qh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is it possible to embed your logo intot he mpg files, for example i want my BMP logo to be displayed witht he movie at all times, sort of an overlay. is this possible, if so, can someone please tell me how to do that. please email me at webmaster@walia.com

Minion  2002-11-15 04:59:29 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You Can Use Virtual dub to frame serve the file to tmpgenc and you can use the Logo filter in Virtual Dub to apply the logo...

Question - i have a .mpg file. how do i know if it is mpeg1 or mpeg2? No.30721
Judy  2002-11-14 20:37:25 ( ID:c9f0nipsijo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is there any software that can display all the info about a file, whether it is mpeg1, mpeg2, avi, etc, and tell you everything about the file, the resolution, bitrate, etc?

sorry about the dumbness of this question, hopefully it is easy for you to answer...

rusty hill  2002-11-15 11:18:35 ( ID:pyiq60kv9b2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I use GSPOT2 which is onwww.doom9.org - first class.

R.

ASHY  2002-11-15 12:32:20 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This is probably the best free tool for MPEG info.
http://www.tecoltd.com/bitratev.htm

ASHY

Question - trouble loading tmpgenc No.30713
slothrop  2002-11-14 15:13:48 ( ID:ksnh1dqa6jg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i unzipped tmpgenc, and when i try to run it i get "The instruction at "0x100090af" referenced memory at "0x004a0000". The memory could not be "written". I have an Athlon 1900+, 256M of DDR-RAM, etc: my hardware should be good enough to run it, i think. anyone have any suggestions? (right now i just want to convert I420 to mpeg4--this will make it smaller, right?)

thanks

lupy  2002-11-14 17:12:05 ( ID:o10nietw26a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

mpg4 is really avi.....perhaps u will be better off using virtual dub instead...tmpgenc is a mpg1 and mpg2 encoder

Minion  2002-11-15 04:56:00 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Lupy Is right ,You shouldn"t use Tmpgenc for this, even though it can do it with most files it isn"t what Tmpgenc is optimized for..You would get better results with "Virtual Dub" which is Freeware..And you might not be able to get it to work Cuz I think I420 is a YUV Format Whitch Tmpgenc doesn"t support...

ASHY  2002-11-15 12:40:07 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>I think I420 is a YUV Format Which Tmpgenc doesn"t support...

What do you mean by this?

TMPG supports YUV but will convert YUV to RGB first when decoding the file as TMPG only accepts RGB as input.
If it didn't we wouldn't be able to encode most compressed AVI formats or import MPEGs.

As for encoding AVI's it is the codec being used which does the YUV encoding not TMPG itself, so there should be no problem in using TMPG to encode compressed AVI with YUV.

ASHY

Minion  2002-11-15 21:14:53 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I mean When I try to Load in Uncompressed YUV or YUY2 tmpgenc will Not read it..At all..I can"t get it to Read YUY2 Mjpeg either..Then i read one Of Your Posts you are were complaining about Tmpgenc Not supporting YUV/YUY2 decodeing then I figured that was the Problem...Unless I mis-understood what you were talking about?...

ASHY  2002-11-15 23:09:56 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Which uncompressed AVI codec are you using? You should have no problem loading uncompressed YUV into TMPG or YUY2 MJPEG either. Both work on my system.

When I was referring to TMPG not supporting YUV I meant directly.
TMPG is capable of opening any YUV format, but it must convert the YUV data to RGB first.
This slows things down considerably as decoding RGB data takes longer because of the extra data contained.

If TMPG didn't have to decode the YUV data to RGB it would speed things up because YUV contains half as much data to be decoded than RGB.
This is one reason why CCE is faster as it does direct YUV decoding of YUV formats.

As far as I'm concerned I can't understand why TMPG only supports RGB. Most modern codecs support YUV and converting to RGB has no beneficial effect.

ASHY

Minion  2002-11-16 08:52:37 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don"t use Any codec..That is what I mean By uncompressed, Capture card is set to YUY2 and the Codec is set to No Compression..The files are about 1.2gb per minute..Tmpgenc will load it But the Picture is Green,red,Blue and wierd shapes, But if I use a Avsynth Script and Use the Convert to RGB Command then it will accept it properly and encode it..I don"t have the same problem with CCE..It has Been like that on a Few different configurations so that is why I thought that tmpgenc couldnt do Raw YUY2 data.......

ASHY  2002-11-16 14:07:11 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No idea what is going on there. Possibly a bad codec with a cheap card or maybe a wrong colour space setting. What is the capture card?
All capture cards capture to YUV and many people used uncompressed frames and have no similar problems.

I have just made a test capture at 768x576 uncompressed YUV using a WinTV Go capture card.
The results are fine when opened in TMPG. The only thing that is noticible is that the image is slighlty brighter than the original.
Apart from that no other artifacts are present.

ASHY

Question - Jumpy Video No.30711
gbagman37  2002-11-14 14:49:03 ( ID:aks1ajzl/6r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I made several hundred vcd's but I am still trying to perfect the process. I would like to make SVCD's but my stand alone DVD is not compatible. A few of my VCD's have jumpy video(the video pauses for 1-3 seconds, then jumps ahead) The audio stays fine. It seems to happen more often towards the end of the movie. I have tried putting only 1 hour on each cd, since I have to use 2 anyway, but still have same problem. Any Ideas?

This is the way I make Vcd's!!!After ripping the vob files with Smart Ripper I use DVD2AVI to create my dv2 file for frameserving to TMPGEnc for the Video only. In Audio>Tracks>(select)NONE.
After opening the vob file(the first one) under video>FIELD Operaton>(Select)Force Film.then File>Save Project. This will create my dv2 file for the video in TMPGEnc.
Then I use VOB2Audio to create the Wav file.In TMPGENc I load the template for VideoCD NTSC FILM,change the motion search presision to HighQuality(slow), Highest quality doesn't do much but takes way longer.
Change the Video Arrange method to Full screen(keep AspectRatio2) in the advanced TAB
In Options>Enviromental Settings>External Tool, check external Audio Encoder Layer2and browse for your exe. for SCMPX(which I like better than TooLame for an external audio encoder).
Check USE by Sampling frequency converter and browse for exe. for SSRC(a good sample rate converter)

Minion  2002-11-15 04:51:46 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I get that sometimes also and I think it has to do with Bitrate spikes..So when the Disk is playing in the DVD Player all of a sudden the Bitrate spikes which meants the DVD Player has to suddenly speed up and usually it can speed up fast enough to make up for the jump in Bitrate so you notice the Video slow down the Catch up as the Disk start to catch up with the right speed of the Bitrate goes Back to normal..This is probably more common with DVD players that Only play VCD and Not SVCD..They put Faster Drives in DVD Players that Play SVCD Cuz SVCD has over twice as High of a Bitrate..Mine Plays VCD and SVCD and it Plays then Really well and it is a Total Cheapo Player ElectroHome DVD Player that I got at Costcos for $99 Canadian.....

Question - No audio when creating a MPG from AVI for DVD No.30708
Newuser  2002-11-14 13:20:40 ( ID:/raeadlngu6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi there, I'm new using this program , and I have this problem, I'm trying to convert an AVI file to MPG so I can use it to create a dvd, but ... it finishes right (after 6 hours) but there is not audio on the file, using the wizard I see the audio is selected, what am I doing wrong?
thanks

lupy  2002-11-14 17:16:58 ( ID:o10nietw26a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

extract the audio to wav first with virtual dub , then add that to tmpgenc

ASHY  2002-11-15 13:01:38 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The AVI is likely to contain AC3 audio which TMPG cannot decode without a relevent Ac3 decoder installed.
Virtualdub will NOT do it either as it doesn't support Ac3 unless you have Virtualdub_ac3.
Your best bet for decoding Ac3 in AVI to wav is to use AVImux which can handle many other audio formats without problem too.

ASHY

Question - One MPG from multiple AVIs with v2.59? No.30702
Anon  2002-11-14 12:28:08 ( ID:ld4aaq7ibaw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The v2.59 changes state: "Chained files can be managed as one animation."

I'm at work and can't test this for the next 9 hours, but does this mean we can
finally create a single MPG from multiple AVI sources? Please say yes! :)

rol  2002-11-14 20:12:46 ( ID:x3/fon87r6f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

try using Virtual dub for frameserving tmpg .full description at vcdhelp.com

VideoD00d  2002-11-15 22:41:06 ( ID:0jnhaaa4ig2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That is not the answer to his question, please try to stay on subject..

I too would like to know if that's what 2.59 features list means. I'm going to look into it now and if someone doesn't post first I'll be back later with the answer!

VideoD00d  2002-11-15 23:49:09 ( ID:0jnhaaa4ig2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That is not the answer to his question, please try to stay on subject..

I too would like to know if that's what 2.59 features list means. I'm going to look into it now and if someone doesn't post first I'll be back later with the answer!

VideoD00d  2002-11-15 23:50:13 ( ID:0jnhaaa4ig2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sorry? Double post but YES!!!!!!!!

YES!!!!!!!!
YES!!!!!!!!

I just tested it and I was able to load 8 segmented AVI's as a single encode project!

Peter  2002-11-17 19:00:08 ( ID:bruwbmptcam )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How did you do that? I enabled the feature, renamed the files, but TMPGEnc only encoded the first file and then stopped!!!

I am desperate!!

Question - Problem converting divx file ... No.30699
Garry  2002-11-14 08:21:56 ( ID:3eegexmz4tn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

AFter using tmpgenc every now and then to convert avi files to vcd format, I've run into a problem on a new DivX file I received ... first, MediaPlayer (and the DivX Player) would only play the Video, but not Audio ... I then downloaded a codec pack (Nimo Build 8), which now let me play the DivX fine ... anyway, now tmpgenc won't even accept the DivX files it converted before ... what am I doing wrong here???

Help appreciated ...

Minion  2002-11-15 04:37:37 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You probably just need to raise the priority of the "Direct Show" File reader..Go to "options" to "Enviromental settings" to "vfapi Plugins" and raise the "direct show" to "2"...But your Problem will Be the audio I think Because I think the Audio format Is AC3 , I think that Because Media Player wouldn"t play it Untill you Got the Nemo Pack, which Contains an AC3 filter so you can play AC3 on Media Player..tmpgenc can not read AC3 audio so you Will need to extract the AC3 to Wav from your DivX file..AVIMUX Can De-Mux the audio and uncompress it to WAV/Pcm Format then use that file for the audio in Tmpgenc....

Garry  2002-11-15 06:43:44 ( ID:born1pd.vyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Somehow, something is totally messed up now - even a file I was able to convert before can't be opened with tmpgenc right now! Keep getting "cannot be opened or unsupported" ... also, couldn't change the priority, tried to uncheck all but the directshow filter/codec ...

Question - creating a vcd No.30697
Crewchief81  2002-11-14 01:46:01 ( ID:dttgw7aadzk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am having trouble changing a mpeg into a vcd format. Can you tell me how to change it. Thank you.

Minion  2002-11-14 07:59:35 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That is a pretty General Question don"t you think?? A Complete answer would Be Many Pages Long..Why don"t you Post the exact problem you are haveing in detail and then we can help you...And go here:http://www.vcdhelp.com/ ,there is lots of good information that will help you...

Question - Where does the rest go? No.30694
Dave  2002-11-14 01:18:13 ( ID:rhn.r.g.zlj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, i have the Help movie by the beatles and another movie which will not cut on the mark i want them to!!!

i set it to cut anywhere like at 1:20 and it ALWAYS only cuts at 23 seconds!!
Why is this?

i would be SOOO happy to get a solution for this

Thank you people.....

Minion  2002-11-14 07:56:38 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well what works for me is to not use Tmpgenc for editing...The reason could be cuz the Mpeg file has a VBR stream which Tmpgenc doesn"t support the acurate editing of those types of files, or there might be some sort of error in the header of the file which you might be able to fix by de-mux and re-muxing the Files to rebuild the header..But sometimes it just doesn"t work properly so I use a Totally different editor, there is "Womble Mpeg2VCR which is a good editor But has a Bad habit of adding a lot of Data padding to the file..But M2-Edit Pro 5.0 is the one I use these dayd if I do any mpeg editing But I try to avoid it if possible cuz Mpeg files aren"t really meant to be edited..

Dave  2002-11-14 10:38:57 ( ID:fe/s1e0g.6h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just to say thank you to Minion....cheers

Question - wont play No.30692
henry torres  2002-11-13 23:12:36 ( ID:9pjo9a8thng )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

good day,
ive tried converitn all my wmf and avi files into mpeg so that i can burn it as vcd. my problem is everytime i played it on my vcd player it won't work. the player reads only version 2.0 disc. can i do something about this? can Tmpgenc convert those saiod files into a vcd version 2.0? pls help.
thanx

Minion  2002-11-14 07:50:08 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How did you Burn the Mpeg/VCD file to Disk???Cuz if after you are don"e encodeing and the Mpeg file has Audio and video on it (you should watch it before burning it)then is should play ,that is if you Burned it correctly and your Player supports VCD...You Have to Burn VCD with Special Software that is Made for Burning VCD"s..You can"t Just Burn the Mpeg file to a disk with any software then play it...VCD v2.0 is Determined by your Burning program..VCDEasy Supports Both VCD V1&2 and SVCD and it is Freeware, It is a Good Program Cuz it also supports Chapters which are pretty Much manditory if you want to watch your VCD...

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.