TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 259 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question Win98 vs 2000 dcseuss 0 2003-01-22 00:21:28
Question no audio joemomma 1 2003-01-21 23:23:00
Question Hey Minion jim 1 2003-01-21 22:48:54
Bug report Bitrate Prob. Phantom88 1 2003-01-21 22:30:52
Question Combine Avi Files with TMPG Enc ? Videofreakazoid 1 2003-01-21 08:18:09
Question Error texmex 1 2003-01-21 07:06:26
Question Repeated Frames in DVD output Mark Goldberg 3 2003-01-25 07:21:36
Question Sound, plz read, quick question Surenthar S. 7 2003-01-23 21:10:05
Question Dolby Digital or DTS? Billy 5 2003-01-22 01:53:16
Question 50-min. Source File Billy 1 2003-01-21 02:24:38
Question error message lex_1967 1 2003-01-21 02:07:23
Question No sound. Danno 1 2003-01-21 02:00:38

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 259 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - Win98 vs 2000 No.33824
dcseuss  2003-01-22 00:21:28 ( ID:ui2pyrpew6. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Where can I find the diffrences or bug report for NT2000 and Win98. I have noticed that there are things that I can do in the 98 os that I can't do in 2000, when using TMPGenc. An example, when I Simple De-multiplex in 2000 I don't get the whole video however I get it in 98.

Question - no audio No.33822
joemomma  2003-01-21 22:25:10 ( ID:71t7exfe.oj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hey i'm sort of new to this, but i'm learning fairly quickly. i have ran into one problem, however. after encoding an asf file to mpeg (for vcd)the sound only works about 30 min or so into the movie then stops completely. any help would be appreciated.

Minion  2003-01-21 23:23:00 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Tmpgenc sometimes has Problems with ASF/WMV audio, so you have to extract the audio to a WAV file then use the wav file as the audio source in tmpgenc..To do this you will need a Audio encoder that can extract ASF/WMV audio and decode it to WAV audio...one Good Program for this is called "DB Power AMP", you can download it for free at " http://www.dbpoweramp.com/ " you have to Download the Main Program and the WMA audio codecs,once the program is installed and the Codecs are properly installed you just have to right click on the ASF file and go to "Convert" then choose "Wav" from the conversion menu..this is a Very good audio encoder and there are many codecs that you can download to convert many different formats, just read the instructions carefully on how to install the WMA codecs....

Question - Hey Minion No.33820
jim  2003-01-21 19:32:42 ( ID:x/cjovx6ecm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am newbie but have figured this stuff out pretty good so far I have 2 small questions and hope you are able to help since you know just about everything on this subject. What size do I want to make the picture for best tv viewing, and does increasing the bitrate sharpen the picture, or is there a way to sharpen picture? Also would you recommend i encode to vcd or dvd? I am capable of recording both formats but am not sure what program to use once i have encoded to mpeg, for dvd, in order to transfer to dvd. Thanks for any insight you may be able to share.

Minion  2003-01-21 22:48:54 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well the Resolution you use is Not really up to you it is Up to the Standard you are useing, Meaning if you want to make a VCD then you have to Use the VCD standard Resolution of 352+240 for NTSC and 352+288 for Pal, unless you want to make a XVCD which you get a Few More options like 352+480 or 704+480 NTSC, but there is No Gaurantee that it will play in your DVD Player, and you would have to use a Much higher bitrate when useing these higher resolutions and Bitrates your DVD Player Might not be able to handle them ...As to if you should choose to make a VCD or a DVD that is basicly up to your Source AVI File, If you have a Lower Quality AVI file then I would make a VCD and if you have a Low resolution AVI file then I would Make a VCD Cuz Up-sizeing the Resolution of an AVI file to DVD Resolutions will Greatly degrade the Quality of the resulting Mpeg file..But if you have a Really good Quality AVI file with a High Resolution then it would be suitable for DVD, But most AVI Files downloaded off the Net are not going to be suitabe for DVD Authoring Cuz of the Low resolutions and Quality ..as to how you would burn a DVD you would have to have a DVD Authoring Program, there are Many such Programs and they vary in Quality and Price..I use "Ulead DVD Workshop 1.3" for Basic stuff and it runs about $250 But for More complex stuff I use "Sonic DVD producer 3.1.1" which runs about $4500, it can make DVD"s with all the features of Retail DVD"s that is Probably why it is so Expensive, there are ones that are more expensive like "Sonic Scenerest" which runs about $20,000....So I would stick with something easier like "Ulead DVD Workshop" which a 30 day trial can be downloaded off there site at " http://www.ulead.com "..........

Bug report - Bitrate Prob. No.33818
Phantom88  2003-01-21 17:26:30 ( ID:it5nv72.zgo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Im having a strange problem when trying to convert an avi to MPG1. I set the bitrate to 128, and when the conversion is done, the file size is about 200 megs(video is about ~20 min.), and real1player says, that the bitrate is 1395Kbps?
Is this a bug in TMPGEnc, or am I missing something?

Minion  2003-01-21 22:30:52 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well a Bitrate of 128kbs is WAY WAY WAY WAY TOO LOW for a Mpeg file unless the Resolution is Really low like 36+24 and that is a Really small image...and if you are useing the 2.59 version there is a Bug in it that if you are encodeing to VCD then it will not let you lower the Bitrate lower than the VCD Standard of 1150kbs...and if you are useing a Different version and makeing a VCD then you have to set the "System" setting to "Video-CD Non-Standard" or it will pad the stream to make it VCD Compliant.....

Question - Combine Avi Files with TMPG Enc ? No.33816
Videofreakazoid  2003-01-21 07:30:26 ( ID:fzvlab1ptwg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,
i would like to combine two avi files. Wich program is the best for this ( because the video should be good quality).
Is it possible with tmpgenc ?
Thanks.
Greet¡­s
Videofreakazoid

Minion  2003-01-21 08:18:09 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you Just want to Take 2 AVI files and Turn them into 1 Big AVI file then this isn"t the Software you want..You need something like "Virtual Dub"....

Question - Error No.33814
texmex  2003-01-21 06:31:29 ( ID:3cx7c7l611g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i am getting error

File"c:Program FilesKazaaMy Shared Folder[tmd]empire.(eso).proper.ts.(1of2)real deal.avi" can not open, or unsupported.

but am able to watch movie. Every time I try to open an avi. file I get this error.

lupy  2003-01-21 07:06:26 ( ID:o10nietw26a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

search the forum......

Question - Repeated Frames in DVD output No.33810
Mark Goldberg  2003-01-21 05:56:57 ( ID:jxpoerupuxl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am using version 2.59 and encoding AVIs from kino 0.6 (linux) to DVD format.
The AVI seems to be fine, but the .m2v file and the multiplexed
.mpg files that result occasionally repeat a frame. The files seem
to have the same number of frames as the original, but the playback
is jerky when the frames repeat. Otherwise, the encoding is excellent.

Source DV camcorder NTSC 29.97 Video 8000 CBR, 48000 audio.

I have tried encoding with many different options, with both type 1 and 2
AVIs, on two different machines under Win98, Athlons one with sse, one not.

Also, it seems to not be able to read a sequence of files zzzz001.avi,
zzzz002.avi, ... that exceed 2 GB. It only sees the first 2 GB of files.

Does any one have any suggestions? I was about to purchase the package, but
these are problems. I can get around the 2 GB limit, but the repeating frames
seem to always happen, just at different times depending on the options.

Thanks.

Mark Goldberg  2003-01-23 05:41:55 ( ID:jxpoerupuxl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Further info:

If I select the .avi file and go into a filter window, say, sharpen image,
and use the scroll bar to get to the area where the frames seem to repeat,
it can get into a mode where clicking the right and left arrows at the end
of the scroll bar cause the frame number to change at the top of the screen,
but the same frame is displayed. This only happens for one frame. Clicking
the arrow twice changes the frame number twice and the frame only once.
Clicking again counts up frames and images correctly. This is using the
directshow multimedia file reader. It is the same in the latest version.
It also seem to think that there are two more frames in the file than
there are. If I uncheck the directshow file reader no other standard plugin can
read the file. Is there a better plugin to use?

Ashy  2003-01-24 18:10:47 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This sounds like a field order problem.
Reverse the field order to the one you have set.

ASHY

Mark Goldberg  2003-01-25 07:21:36 ( ID:jxpoerupuxl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The file is interlaced and I would easily see if the field order was wrong.
(I have made that mistake before!) It seems to have something to do with
the machine it is run on. It does work correctly on another machine that
has had directx updated for games. The problem is on a machine that runs
win98 under Linux using win4lin. It also works in wine, and, almost always,
wine is much worse than win4lin, as the latter runs real win98 in a virtual
machine with real Microsoft code. I have posted on a win4lin mailing list,
as someone has apparently gotten it to run there. I think it is not a bug
in Tmpgenc, but in the directshow support in win4lin.

Thanks for the reply.

Question - Sound, plz read, quick question No.33802
Surenthar S.  2003-01-21 05:22:50 ( ID:sbezb30us6n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have the latest version of tmpgenc and when i tried to enode an avi file into mpeg, the video is there but there is no sound. I know what the problem is, it's that there is no audio source. When i went to add the .avi file as the audio source, it wouldn't allow me to use that file as the audio because it was "not supported" by tmpgenc. This doesn't make any sense because I tried it once before, and yes, it did work, the sound and video both came out perfectly. I've tried to rip the sound off the avi file as a .wav and then use that as the source usin tmpgenc itself, and virtual nub as well, but that didnt work out as well. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Minion  2003-01-21 08:12:12 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What do you mean "It Didn"t work Out well"??? If the audio in the AVI File you are trying to encode is AC3 then tmpgenc will not encode it, so you would have to extract it to a WAV file, you can use Virtual Dub But Virtual Dub Just de-muxes the AC3 audio and Puts a WAV extention and a WAV header on the AC3 file so it really isn"t a WAV file it is an AC3 file with a Wav header and extention so what you have to do is re-name the WAV that was extracted by Virtual Dub Back to AC3 then use a Command Line Program called "AC3 Fix" it will Mave the AC3 file a Real AC3 file then after that you have to load the AC3 file into a Audio encoder that Supports AC3 audio Like "Headac3he" and encode the AC3 to either wav that you can encode in Tmpgenc or to MP2 that you can mux with the encoded Mpeg Video File...This is a Bit of a Bitch to do But that is what you get for Useing Files with AC3 audio ,That is if the audio format in your AVI file is AC3, if you load the AVI file into "Virtual Dub" then go to "File" to "File Information" and if it says that the audio format is "Unknown" then it is AC3.....

Surenthar S.  2003-01-21 23:34:58 ( ID:sbezb30us6n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I tried opening the ac3fix file, but it opens the command line window, then closes it really quickly. How can i fix it? Im running WinXP Pro. Thanks again!.

Minion  2003-01-21 23:59:58 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Seeing as it is a Command line Program you need to open a Command prompt, then type in the Path to were the AC3Fix.exe file is, then it will give you instructions on How to open the AC3 file in it...I think?

Surenthar S.  2003-01-22 01:58:26 ( ID:sbezb30us6n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I tried opening the ac3fix file, but it opens the command line window, then closes it really quickly. How can i fix it? Im running WinXP Pro. Thanks again!.

Surenthar S.  2003-01-22 02:08:50 ( ID:sbezb30us6n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No such luck, i type in the path, and this is what appears...

E:/Documents and Settings/New>Desktop/ac3_fix03/ac3fix.exe
ac3fix V0 3

Removes bad frames from .AC3 files
Usage: ac3fix <infile> <outfile>
Error level returned:
0: No bad frames found
1: One or more bad frames found and removed
2: Error in execution

Then i tried entering the path of the .ac3 file, and it said that it could not open the file.

Minion  2003-01-22 02:31:54 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I tried to get it to work also and Didn"t have any luck either..I don"t work with AC3 audio much cuz Of these Problems, It is easy to do if the AC3 is in VOB files from DVD"s But in AVI files it is Much more difficult..The Only other thing that I can think of is supposedly if you Install the the "Tsunami Filter Pack" then you can encode AC3 files with Tmpgenc But I have tried it and it did not work, another thing is to try to demux the audio with "VirtualDub_Mod" they say it can handle AC3 audio But It still didn"t work for me, and another thing that is supposed to work is to Demux the audio from the avi with a Program called "AVI-Mux" it is supposed to be able to demux and decompress the ac3 in an AVI file to a WAV file But I haven"t been able to get it to work..Then I guess you can use an Dolby Digital Encoder/Decoder like "Digigram" But it is Hard to find , But if you e-mail me I"ll send it to you, I don"t know if it will work on the AC3 file that you extracted with Virtual Dub But it might..Sory that it is so Difficult But AC3 is just a Hard format to work with and I hate it with a Passion and One of the Many Reasons why I don"t use files downloaded off the net.....

Ashy  2003-01-23 21:10:05 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

AVImux can easily handle this as long as you use it correctly. Why someone should have a problem getting it to work I don't know because it is so easy to use. Search this BBS for 'AVImux' for info how to use it.

If that doesn't work then you can download Goldwave and load the AVI file into that then extract to a wav file. You will need to install this Ac3 filter first.
http://pkmovie.com/jsboard/data/tip/files/20020605104138/AC3filters.exe

ASHY

Question - Dolby Digital or DTS? No.33796
Billy  2003-01-21 02:43:04 ( ID:ma8lfwhzhl2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don't know too much about Dolby Digital 5.1 or DTS 5.1 or DTS enhanced...hehe...it's all mixed up. Anyway, I was wondering if it is possible in TMPGEnc that you make a VCD/SVCD with Dolby DIgital or DTS...surround sound?

mpeg obsession  2003-01-21 02:58:24 ( ID:0v38fp4fqco )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TMPGEnc can multiplex MPEG with Dolby AC3 strem, but not with DTS, and also it can't encode Dolby or DTS.

Further more, (S)VCD should have mpeg audio or it's non standard...

Billy  2003-01-21 03:12:20 ( ID:ma8lfwhzhl2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don't know if my source file has AC3/Dolby/DTS/MPEG Audio (what's the difference?!)... So you mean that if my source file doesn't have one of the above, then you can't have those audio? My source file has 480000Hz Stereo...what does that mean???

Minion  2003-01-21 08:03:55 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

48000hz is the Frequency of the audio, it has nothing to do with the Format, your Source File can Have any audio format But Tmpgenc will Not Encode the audio if the audio is Dolby Digital AC3 or DTS, you have to use a Seperate audio encoder to encode the audio to a Format that Tmpgenc Can encode...SVCD"s and VCD"s have to have Mpeg1-Layer1/2 audio or they won"t play on your DVD Player, tmpgenc will encode the audio to Mpeg1 layer1/2 audio But the audio you load into Tmpgenc has to be of a Format that Tmpgenc can decode and Dolby Digital and DTS are not one of those formats....

Billy  2003-01-22 01:26:29 ( ID:ma8lfwhzhl2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

So how do I make an SVCD or a VCD have Dolby or DTS?

Minion  2003-01-22 01:53:16 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I allready said in my last post that You Can"t...Well you Can But your DVD Player will Not Play it with audio...The VCD and SVCD specification Calls for Mpeg1 Layer 1 or 2 audio and any Deviation from this will Make the File Non Compliant and will Not play the audio..You can try it But I gaurantee you that it will Not work, Very very Very Few Players will Play SVCD"s with Dolby digital Audio and No Players will Play SVCD"s with DTS...If you want to Have Dolby AC3 or DTS audio you will Have to Make a DVD.....

Question - 50-min. Source File No.33794
Billy  2003-01-21 02:17:10 ( ID:ma8lfwhzhl2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I downloaded a 50-minute AVI file and it's in great quality! I want to fit it onto 1 CD-R that is 700MB/80MIN. What bitrate settings (as well as other important settings) should I use? Also, does it make any difference if you make VCDs on CD-Rs or CD-RWs? My DVD Player can play both and I happen to know that CD-RWs are erasable...

Minion  2003-01-21 02:24:38 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you are Makeing a VCD and want to Get the Best Possible Quality then you will need to make a Non-Standard VCD and raise the Bitrate to about 1850kbs, this should give you a Mpeg File about 750mb-800mb,(you can fit 800mb on a 700mb 80min CD-R in VCD Format)as to useing CD-R"s or CD-RW"s that is up to you, a CD-R generally will have more space on it 700mb as opposed to 650mb and are Cheaper, But if something goes wrong then a CD-RW would be best, so what you can do is Burn it to a CD-RW and if it works fine then You can burn it on a CD-R and save the CD-RW for next time...

Question - error message No.33792
lex_1967  2003-01-21 00:07:04 ( ID:3wccftysfnr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

when i go to add video source i get a message tmpgenc12 has caused an error in kernel32.dll and will now close . what do i need to do now to fix that problem
then it says d2v file isnt supported

Minion  2003-01-21 02:07:23 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

First You should update to a Newer version..The reason you are getting an error when loading the D2V file could be a Few different reasons, First you have to Make sure you have the DVD2AVI VFapi Plugin Properly installed...you should go to "Options" to "Enviromental Settings" to "Vfapi Plugins" and see if there is a "DVD2AVI.vfp" Plugin Listed there, and if there isn"t one listed then go into your DVD2AVI Folder and copy and Paste the "DVD2AVI.vfp" file into the "Tmpgenc" Folder..Now the Plugin Should be Installed..and you have to remember that you can not Delete or Moove or Re-Name the "Vob/Mpg" files that you made the D2V file from untill after you have finnished encodeing..and if all else Fails Try Makeing a New D2V file..

Question - No sound. No.33790
Danno  2003-01-21 00:02:02 ( ID:el3ocq/iwh6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When decoding from AVI to mpeg1 the video is fine but the sound is missing. I downloaded the latest version but still no luck.The system (sound + video) box is checked.Should it possibly be the se(sound + video).Don't want to pay for this until I know it will do what I need.

Minion  2003-01-21 02:00:38 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Certain Audio Formats are Difficult to Decode unless you have certain Codecs and/or Filters installed and even then it doesn"t allways work..So what you have to do is Extract the audio from the AVI file to a WAV file with something Like "Virtual Dub" then use the WAV file as the audio source in Tmpgenc...

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.