TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 111 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question No Sound Too The Phantasm 2 2003-11-16 10:57:23
Question No Sound! pippol 1 2003-11-10 18:59:41
Question pixel squares regman41 6 2003-11-14 08:51:03
Question SVCD file playback speed variations CH 5 2003-11-12 06:18:45
Question Computer hangs when splitting an mpeg1 spooky_wooky 1 2003-11-11 01:06:54
Question Read errors of module TMPEGnc.exe LSTJ 2 2003-11-11 07:40:12
Question Audio sync error Saint 0 2003-11-10 00:06:31
Question Windows Movie maker is locking Ram Gollapudi 2 2003-11-09 22:13:10
Question Resuming downloads? Fionn 3 2003-11-09 22:34:30
Question Write Error Christopher 1 2003-11-11 15:03:46
Question Cant open a .d2v file with TMPGen chuck 1 2003-11-09 15:28:21
Question Aspect ratio Andy 1 2003-11-09 15:49:17

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 111 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - No Sound Too No.39823
The Phantasm  2003-11-10 21:40:02 ( ID:rhn.r.g.zlj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have tried to convert an .avi movie to PAL video-CD using TMPEnc
I selected the .avi movie as both the video and audio source
The end movie has excellent picture quality but no sound at all

Minion  2003-11-10 23:00:17 ( ID:/d4nypdxsbj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This is because the Audio in your AVI file is of a Format that is not supported Bt Tmpgenc..You will have to extract the audio from the AVI file to WAV format useing something like "Virtual Dub" then use the Wav file as the audio source in Tmpgenc....Cheers

KingJohn  Home )  2003-11-16 10:57:23 ( ID:4wr3qfkxg.n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

first make sure you have the right codec's
http://www.movieking.co.uk/guides/codecs.html

Then make sure VFAPI priorities are right
http://www.movieking.co.uk/guides/tmpgencplugin.html

TMPGENC will encode anything you can play, so long as you dont install things like FFDshow filters for playback only.

Question - No Sound! No.39821
pippol  2003-11-10 13:35:57 ( ID:ve/bfjoqpo2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Help me pls!!!
The output file has no sound. What happened?
Thanks in advance for your answer.
Pippol

Video Guy  2003-11-10 18:59:41 ( ID:4yfrh0hqv72 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What kind of file are you trying to encode (avi, mpg)?

What is the format of the audio you are trying to encode (wav, mp3, ac3, mpa)?

Question - pixel squares No.39814
regman41  2003-11-10 10:59:04 ( ID:jmiymllqlvf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've been using TMPGEnc for the last 3 years and I was wanting to know how to get rid of the pixel squares or blocks that appear in the pictures in some areas....especially in light areas (white, lt. blue or even black). When I'm watching a movie than when those solid colors come up I see the little "squares" floating around in the area of the picture. How can I get rid of those while encoding? I know there's got to be a way to do that cuz I know this is one of the best programs to use for everything (slow), but the best! Please somebody help me out!

Minion  2003-11-10 22:58:32 ( ID:/d4nypdxsbj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Those Blocks are "Macro Blocks" and are Caused By useing too Low of a Bitrate, But can also show up when you source file isn"t of the Highest Quality...If you select "Soften Block Noise" it can help a Bit but also can blur the Image as a Side effect....Cheers

Telsan  2003-11-13 16:27:32 ( ID:cvmyytummra )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Concerning these pixel squares I also have a question: I'm trying to encode an AVI divx file into a svcd. When I play the original file on my pc with, say divx player or even the windows player (with divx decoder), it looks fine. However, when I converted it using TMPGenc, block noise appeared.

Browsing through the frames (under TMPGenc) I found that indeed, some of the frames from the original divx file are "blocky".

Are those blocks really presend in the *original* file?
If so why do they not show up when I play the original file with divx player?

Or are they generated when TMPGenc converts the file?
If so, how can I get rid of them?

I tried the block noise reduction under TMPGenc but it seems to have absolutely *no effect* on the pixelated frames.

Help Please!

B_Racer  2003-11-13 17:10:16 ( ID:0jd4rmr3tyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

DivX-Files ARE that blocky... Since a couple of Versions, DivX and XviD do perform a Noise-Fuction while playing a Videos. This extra noise hides the blockyness of the Video.
It is possible to let this Noise appear while encoding (use ffdshow as Decoder), but this needs a lot of Bitrate and will eventually produce new Blocks in the resulting Video.

If you don't belive me, use ffdshow for Decoding and Mplayer Classic as Player. Turn the Noise-Function of and watch the Movie...

Telsan  Home )  2003-11-13 18:33:23 ( ID:cvmyytummra )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for the info, but I think that I've mis-described my problem. If you go here:

http://webhome.idirect.com/~telsan/noise.html

You will find a snapshot of what is happening.

This boxiness only happens on a few frames, but it is noticable. It does NOT appear when I play the original divx file on either divx or mplayer (with ffdshow) decoder. It appears when I *open* the file in MPEGenc to encode it into a SVCD and in the subsequent svcd file.

I have three such files. The first one converted from divx to svcd without a hitch. The other two exhibit this symptom. SO where is this problem comming from? The original? The conversion?

It's very annoying to have those corrupted frames and not be able to burn addotional svcds from the other two files.

Any further imput would be very helpful.

Thanks

B_Racer  2003-11-14 08:49:26 ( ID:0jd4rmr3tyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Oh, OK, now i see... strange.

Looks like a Decoding problem.

Please try to open the Vid with AVIsynth:

DirectShowSource("my_movie.avi", fps=29.97")
ConvertToRGB24()

Set fps= to the Framerate of the Source Video.

B_Racer  2003-11-14 08:51:03 ( ID:0jd4rmr3tyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Darn, saw the Typo just a Second after pressing Submit... ;)

That's better:

DirectShowSource("my_movie.avi", fps=29.97)
ConvertToRGB24()

Question - SVCD file playback speed variations No.39808
CH  2003-11-10 09:02:09 ( ID:ercka70lmyg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I used the SVCD template to encode a perfect playing AVI Type 1 DV file into SVCD mpeg2, but something strange happens to the resulting file. The playback has intermitten segments where the video slows down (as in slo motion) for a second or so. The audio is not affected. I dont know why this happens.

I tried changing the field order, but it didnt help (switching the field got even worse results with the field order distortion so I figure I got the field order right the first time)

Any advice please?

(btw I tweaked the template for Constant Quality)

B_Racer  2003-11-10 09:25:55 ( ID:0jd4rmr3tyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What settings did you use? Some Players do have Problems with Videos if the Bitrate vary's too much or the Min._bitrate is too low.

Such effects can also happen if you burn a SVCD too fast. If the Drive do have too much Read-Problems, the Player might loose the Sync with the Buffer.

Minion  2003-11-10 22:54:42 ( ID:/d4nypdxsbj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If this Happens on your DVD Player it can also be caused By bitrate spikes of Which Tmpgenc is Notorius for..What Happens is the Bitrate Spikes and the DVD Player has to suddenly spin the Disk extra Fast to read the increased data rate but if it spikes too fast and too high the DVD Player can not read the Disk Fast enough and the Video seems to slow down or Play Choppy...I haven"t found a Reliable solution for this becides Possible Lowering the bitrate or useing an encoder that has better Bitrate controll......

CH  2003-11-11 08:32:21 ( ID:ercka70lmyg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I used the standard bitrate default of the SVCD template 2520. I only toyed with the CQ and CBR setting as well as the Field options, which has gotten me utterly confused.

Yesterday I reran some test files, and found that my field order was a bit confused. I converted files using Non Interlace, Field A and Field B options. Although my original avi shows as Field A (Top) in Ulead Video Studio as I was preparing them (i get the horrible jerkiness caused by wrong field order if I encode in Ulead using Field B), I found that using Field B (Bottom) in Tmpgenc and using CBR eliminated the problem (there was still very slight jerkiness here and there but on the whole okay). I am confused. I swear Field B gave me horrendous results the last time around.

The Field A and Non Interlace files showed the slow down effect.

I am trying the same process this time with Constant Quality and VBR to compare. I just dun understand what is going on.

Cheers
ch

B_Racer  2003-11-11 13:09:25 ( ID:0jd4rmr3tyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ulead-Software... *argh!* It always uses a wrong Field Order-Term. Field A in Ulead is Field B in TMPGEnc or Premiere or many other Tools.

CH  2003-11-12 06:18:45 ( ID:ercka70lmyg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi

Thks. I found this out eventually. But that wasnt the source of problem. I tried using CQ and VBR and both produced the slo mo problem even with the right field order. In the end only CBR worked ok. I havent tried this out on DVD Mpeg yet but I guess there is little I can do with SVCD here.

Rgds
ch

Question - Computer hangs when splitting an mpeg1 No.39806
spooky_wooky  Home )  2003-11-10 08:40:52 ( ID:yaeg5nsumc6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have just encoded a .avi as an mpeg1, file, which is fine but it is 1gig - so naturally i want to split it to chuck it onto two CD's. Anyway my problem is that when i go to file > mpeg tools > merge and cut, add the file, and click edit, my computer freezes. i tried it three times, one the last two leaving lengthy periods for the comp to sort itself out before resetting - but to no avail.

is this a common problem? it's not too serious, because i found another mpeg1 splitter, but if there is a patch or something that i could grab to fix it up that would probably make things easier. The program im using right now expires in ten days, so if you have a good free one perhaps that might be the solution :).

thanks,
Jack

Minion  2003-11-11 01:06:54 ( ID:/d4nypdxsbj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well I don"t hear much about It freezeing when Loading the File into the "Merge & cut" but it has been known to freeze when it is Outputting the Split File..There isn"t that much you can do when it doesn"t want to work, but it seems that you have allready found the Solution which is to use something else to edit the files...Cheers

PS: if this Happens with every Mpeg1 file then I would sugest it might be a Configuration problem....

Question - Read errors of module TMPEGnc.exe No.39803
LSTJ  2003-11-10 07:57:58 ( ID:kamzlk/bqua )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello, I am a long time user of TMPEGnc 2.520 plus and have now encountered a problem that I am unable to get around. I have Googled for this error but I'm unable to find a soulution. My problem is that when encoding a 2hr 11min XviD movie to 3 SVCD's TMPEG stops encoding after about 6 mins into disc 3 (after successfully encoding the 2 first discs). I get an error message stating "Read error occured at address 000B1C2D of module 'TMPEGnc.exe' with 00000014". I have checked the XviD for bad frames with Vdub MP3 and extracted the audio to wav with Virtual Dub. I have also increased Direct Show Multimedia File Readers priority to 3 and enabled everyting under the CPU tab in environmental settings. I tried 3 times to do this with both TMPEG and PC restarts in between with no luck. Computer detalis: P4 2.0 Ghz, 512 MB, XP Sp1, 200 GB HD (30+50+120 GB). Would be very greatful for any thoughts on this, best regards-Lars

CH  2003-11-10 09:04:51 ( ID:ercka70lmyg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I read from another list that this might be due to insufficient space in the disk cache, so did you check your disk space? Try clearing it, defragment your drive and see if it works.

Cheers
ch

LSTJ  2003-11-11 07:40:12 ( ID:kamzlk/bqua )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Dear CH, That did it! I defragged my C drive and reencoded without any problems. Thanks alot for help! Lars

Question - Audio sync error No.39802
Saint  2003-11-10 00:06:31 ( ID:mufkgri4nwm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello I am kind of new to all this but i´ve read a lot of the questions here and tried out quite a lot of possible solutions to my problem, and nothing worked for me. Here is my problem.

I have a DVDRip Divx Kanoegy avi file
Video is NTSCFilm framerate is 23.97
Audio is 0x0055(MP3) ID'd as MPEG-1 Layer 3

Found this out with GSpot

Then I load this file in to TMPGEnc Load the NTSCFFilm video encoding template.

From Setting button:
From the Video tab:
I set the Motion search precision setting to Highest quality

From the Advanced tab:
Video source type to be Non-interlaced
Source aspect ratio to be 1:1 (VGA)
Video arrange Method to Full screen (keep aspect ratio).
And leave all the boxes in the bottom part unchecked.

This gives me audio sync problems after about 1/3 of the movie watching it on my PC

I´ve tried to extract the audio using Goldwave to correct the length of the audio track saving it as .wav PCM 16 - bit stereo

This was not 100% with the first movie I tried this on it left the audio in sych in the beginning and end of the movie, but out of synch in the middle.

The second movie I tried this on was a disaster cause it left out about 40 sec. of silence in the beginning of the movie then I manually tried to add silence in the beginning of the .wav but of course that didn´t work.

I have done my best trying to explain my problem and how i´ve set things up in TMPGEnc. Can You help me??

Question - Windows Movie maker is locking No.39799
Ram Gollapudi  2003-11-09 19:49:10 ( ID:n8mvrxijpbl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have Dazzle DVC-80 and was working well to capture video from camcorder
with Windows Movie Maker using window-xp operating system.

I have downloaded the TMPGEnc Version 2.521 and installed on my Sony PCV-RS310
system and now the window movie maker gets stuck befor the video capture.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks,
Ram

Minion  2003-11-09 22:03:53 ( ID:/d4nypdxsbj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I do not see how this is a Tmpgenc Issue...It sounds Like a Windows Movie Maker Problem of which there are a Lot, i guess you get what you pay for....Cheers

PS: there Migh be answers on the Windows support site..

Minion  2003-11-09 22:13:10 ( ID:/d4nypdxsbj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

IF you have a Digital Camcorder you should not be useing the Dazzle DVC 80..The DVC 80 is a Low Quality Low resolution Analog USB Capture Device and a DV Camcorder Captures High Resolution Digital Video that is transfered through Firewire to your PC so by Useing the DVC 80 you are only captureing at about 15% the Quality you would be if you captured Via Firewire...But if your Camcorder is Not Digital then you can disregard this Post accept that you would still achieve much better Quality if you got a Real capture device that Captures to Full Resolution...Cheers

Question - Resuming downloads? No.39795
Fionn  2003-11-09 18:52:05 ( ID:m7uqxzxdquh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi there

i'm converting an AVI to MPEG, but it says it's gonna take another 7 hours. can i resume it somehow, or do i just have to leave it encoding overnight?

Thanks
Fionn

Minion  2003-11-09 22:01:29 ( ID:/d4nypdxsbj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can not Cancell the Encode then resume later But you can Pause the encodeing...What you do is when you want to pause the encodeing Just click "Stop" and the encodeing will stop and a Dialog will appear asking if you want to abort encodeing, and you Just do not answer and do what you need to do and when you want to resume encodeing just answer "No" in the dialog and it will resume encodeing...Cheers

Minion  2003-11-09 22:04:19 ( ID:/d4nypdxsbj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can not Cancell the Encode then resume later But you can Pause the encodeing...What you do is when you want to pause the encodeing Just click "Stop" and the encodeing will stop and a Dialog will appear asking if you want to abort encodeing, and you Just do not answer and do what you need to do and when you want to resume encodeing just answer "No" in the dialog and it will resume encodeing...Cheers

ashy  2003-11-09 22:34:30 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Question - Resuming downloads?

What's this subject go to do with TMPG, downloading is nothing to do with encoding?

Question - Write Error No.39793
Christopher  2003-11-09 18:31:40 ( ID:ri9oqx6vb36 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi all,

I have downloaded 3 different versions of TMPGEnc (2.54,2.58 & 2.521)
I am running on win2000 using NTFS and every time I try to use the program on any of my PC's I get a Write Error at an address location of module ntdll.dll
I have no idea what this dll is or what for.
The error only comes up after I have chosen an AVI file and press start to convert to MPEG.

Anyone had similar problems

Regards

Christopher

Manfred  2003-11-11 15:03:46 ( ID:tmp9vjpczua )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

i have similar problems, but no solution so far.
My write Error occures in the kernel32.dll (Windows 98).
Maybe the same reason (?).

I found an issue here in the BBS (LSTJ 2003/11/10 Read errors of module TMPEGnc.exe).
Maybe this is the same Reason too (?).
I will try the answer of CH and hope it works.

Regards
Manfred

Question - Cant open a .d2v file with TMPGen No.39791
chuck  2003-11-09 14:11:02 ( ID:sbezb30us6n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have not been able to open a .d2v file with TMPGen. I can create and save that file with the D2V software. However it also doesnt seem to create an audio file. I have tried other suggestions on the BBS like copying the Dvd2AVI.vpi file to the TMPGen install directory and it still does not work. I was also trying to find the download for VPAPI.

ashy  2003-11-09 15:28:21 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

First of all make sure that you have the required audio track checked in the audio options of DVD2AVI if you want audio.
Next check the VFAPI plugins tab to see if the 'DVD2AVI project file reader' is listed. If it is raise the priority to 2.

Question - Aspect ratio No.39789
Andy  2003-11-09 13:39:09 ( ID:iss5y/ndlvg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a 640x272(2.35:1) movie i want to author to pal svcd. i want to maintain the widescreen cos i don't want any of the image cut. question is what is the difference between maintain aspect ratio and maintain aspect ratio 2? i want a PAL 4:3 encoded svcd but i am not sure which aspect ratio i need to maintain? also should the source aspect ratio be 1:1 VGA or..?

ashy  2003-11-09 15:49:17 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You should select 16:9 display and 'fullscreen (keep aspect ratio)'

Not really sure what keep aspect ratio 2 is supposed to do. Sometimes it does the same as the one above, but puts a black margin either side of the image. Most of the time it doesn't actually do anything different from the one above and is a pretty pointless setting in my opinion.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.