TMPGEnc Authoring Works 5 BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc Authoring Works 5 BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 2 / 26 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Bug report Authoring Works 5 and Windows 10 Pro x64 favancini@yahoo.fr 0 2018-09-14 00:11:02
Question AVI DV to DVD (PAL): field ordering issue benoitm 1 2018-08-22 02:07:00
Question CORRUPT FILE WON'T OPEN GS 0 2018-02-07 08:53:42
Question License Renewal Issue TheRock420RVD 0 2017-12-06 23:57:29
Question Importing 1080i-DolbyD5.1 clips from Huappuage PVR-2 pauln 1 2017-11-29 15:15:02
Question Problem with MAIN/ROOT MENU' in Dvd Player Massimo Gironi 0 2017-11-10 19:41:36
Question To display audio/subs in Top Menu'? Massimo Gironi 0 2017-10-25 19:14:39
Question How to improve the subtitels visual appearance?? Massimo Gironi 2 2017-10-25 19:10:35
Question Trial Version Crash Servant 1 2017-09-14 13:21:43
Question Blu ray add tracks, menu option goes away. SmeltzerDeltzer 0 2017-05-29 14:05:02
Question Converting .MKV files with subtitles Tazrulez 2 2017-06-12 01:08:50
Question Change Menu Requires Complete Re-render? hurricane51 1 2017-05-19 13:23:40

TMPGEnc Authoring Works 5 BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 2 / 26 ]   Next > >>
Bug report - Authoring Works 5 and Windows 10 Pro x64 No.71071
favancini@yahoo.fr  2018-09-14 00:11:02 ( ID:kenjg45atlj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello,

I have a licence for TMPGEnc Authoring Works 5.
I have installed it on Windows 10 Pro x64.

When I execute it, it works but when I load a video file (AVI, MKV, MPEG-2,etc)
the software suddenly quit.

How can I solve this problem?

I really need this software on my computer because I work with it.

Thanks!!

Question - AVI DV to DVD (PAL): field ordering issue No.71067
benoitm  2018-08-21 17:19:27 ( ID:mku67hms8dw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

when authoring a PAL DVD from AVI DV (PAL), I get jerky playback. Am I supposed to override the default settings (re field ordering)?
I understand AVI DV PAL is BFF, while theoretically PAL DVD is TFF; by default TAW5 keeps BFF when authoring a PAL DVD from AVI DV (BFF) and this is confirmed by MediaInfo; normally this should not be a problem, but both VLC and a regular home DVD player exhibit heavy jerky playback playing the DVD, indicating incorrect field ordering.
Note: the AVI DV material was digitized from PAL VHS tapes, and playback of this AVI in VLC is perfect.
Should I override some settings in TAW5 ? Or should I first do a roundtrip to TVMW6 ?
Obviously I want to keep the video interlaced.

benoitm  2018-08-22 02:07:00 ( ID:mku67hms8dw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

After having struggled with field ordering with TAW5 & TVMW6 I found out that by default the AVI DV decoder used on my system are the MATROX codecs; by forcing the DirectShow codec at file import stage, I get more logical results: video is no longer jerky.
However I am still a bit puzzled with the necessity to swap field order when going from AVI DV PAL (BFF) to DVD PAL (TFF, according to specs): TAW5 keeps the source field order (BFF in this case) when using the DVD PAL template: is that 'compliant' ? Will a BFF DVD play correctly on all players in PAL land ?

Question - CORRUPT FILE WON'T OPEN No.70966
GS  2018-02-07 08:53:42 ( ID:k90obko1z8f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Have a TAW 5 project in progress-- I saved it and came back later to find that the program doesn't recognize this file as its own. Tried to import the subtitles (which I had also saved separately) in my usb drive backup version or the project and they show up blank when imported there. Question: is there any program or technique to salvage this non-openable .taw file or the subtitle backup file?

Question - License Renewal Issue No.70921
TheRock420RVD  2017-12-06 23:57:29 ( ID:fiydszl/nsk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Out of nowhere today, when I went to use TMPGEnc Authoring Works 5, a pop-up showed up, it never has in the past before.

It Says:

Could Not Access The Server, please make sure you are connected to the internet, proxy settings are correct and virus software isn't blocking it.

My computer is connected to the internet, I don't use any proxy settings and my virus software is not blocking it. No matter what I try this message keeps appearing and it's not letting me use the program.

HELP!!! Any ideas?

Question - Importing 1080i-DolbyD5.1 clips from Huappuage PVR-2 No.70905
pauln  2017-11-22 05:19:39 ( ID:zw57sn0bdqo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello - I am trying to import Netflix/Amazon video clips from a Roku-Ultra captured with a Hauppuage PVR2 into TAW5. The format is 1080i-DolbyD5.1. The clips seem to be ok and play with various software players but will not import into TAW5 for editing. Occasionally a clip will import in and edit ok, usually this is a clip of 15 minutes or less. The clips are always consistent in that they will always import in ok or they never will. The ones that do not import properly always act the same. They begin importing ok up to about 50%, then pause and quickly jump to 100%. The resulting imported video will be about 8 seconds or less. The import does not fail with an error just a very short series of frames up to 6 to 8 seconds with a few blank grey frames at the end. 1080i-stereo clips from HD television import and edit without issue. I would appreciate any ideas on what the problem might be.
PaulN

tkrave  2017-11-29 15:15:02 ( ID:t7rw5rdz3jm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can you play it in Windows Media Player with no issues? If so, then you may only need to try a different file reader when you import the file.

To force opening the file with a certain file reader, go to the Source stage, click on the "Add file" button, and then when the file explorer window opens, click on the dropdown menu above the "Open" button at the bottom right corner of the window.

From this dropdown, scroll all the way to the bottom to see the "Force reader [xxxxx]" options.

If your file can play in Windows Media Player, you might want to try the Media Foundation file reader. If that doesn't work, try the DirectShow file reader.

Question - Problem with MAIN/ROOT MENU' in Dvd Player No.70900
Massimo Gironi   2017-11-10 19:41:36 ( ID:88msnglhiio )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi everybody.
I am trying to make a DVD with TMPGenc but I don't understand how to fix this problem:

After my DVD is done and I use a DVD player, if I click on the "MAIN MENU'" or "ROOT MENU'" of the *control panel of the player*, I am redirected to THE LAST TRACK MENU' that I opened. Not to the main or root menu'. ;((

Why? I tried several players but the result is always the same.

How can I resolve the problem?

Thanks in advance!

Question - To display audio/subs in Top Menu'? No.70886
Massimo Gironi  2017-10-25 19:14:39 ( ID:vo2peycsvx6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi all, just a quick question: is it possible to add the audio/sub link in the top menu' of the DVD?

Probably I am dumb but I tried many time and I could add them only in the track menu' page of the film.

Thanks for any advice!

Question - How to improve the subtitels visual appearance?? No.70881
Massimo Gironi  2017-10-23 18:21:34 ( ID:vo2peycsvx6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi all, I am a TMPGEnc Authoring Works 6 user and I would like to make a DVD.
Everything is fine apart the film subtitles that always look with a jagged border. I tried to change many subs options and fonts but the poor subs graphic quality is still there.

Any advise about how to improve the subs appearance?

Thanks!

hurricane51  Home )  2017-10-25 01:49:22 ( ID:3rssf7ypizo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you are lucky, it might be a result of your media player not decoding the video properly. In this case you can try another media player.

If the subtitles are "hard-coded", meaning you can't disable them in TAW, you don't have much choice. They are now part of the actual video stream. Subtitles on DVDs are image files and can't be edited into another format directly. Possibly re-rendering it as a non-interlaced (progressive) stream might help.

If you find that TAW will let you suppress the subtitle track, then you have more choices. You can extract the subtitles as a PGS file and perform OCR on the file, with something like Subtitle Edit. However, your results will always have to be checked and corrected, usually based on the font of the original subtitle. This can be an onerous process.

Or you can search for SRT subtitles on one of the many subtitle sites on the web. Download the appropriate language file, then add it into your project using TAW. While I use this when I can, be aware that the accuracy of these can vary and, obviously, you are out of luck if you can't find subtitles for your particular video.

If you can't disable the subtitle, I don't think any procedure will help. Maybe someone else has a solution.

Massimo Gironi  2017-10-25 19:10:35 ( ID:vo2peycsvx6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thank you very much Hurricane for your explanation.

I have the SRT file. I am going to follow your advice.

Best,

Massimo

Question - Trial Version Crash No.70843
Servant  2017-08-30 12:42:15 ( ID:0cc.476orpk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I downloaded the trial version of the V6 software. I was testing using three Mp4 files converted from Edius. Two were an hour long each (high school plays) and the other an 8 minute clip. Total time 1:50:00. So I made a basic custom menu with three menu boxes for the three clips. I was in the middle of simulating the environment when the program crashed. And that is my question...is this not a stable program? I really don't want to plunk down $100 to find out the system isn't stable. I was hoping that if this authoring worked I could buy the program and finalize but sadly, when it crashed it took all three hours of work setting up the chapters and menus with it. Really disappointing. Even before it crashed I couldn't find a save button so I was hoping it was automatically saving as I went along but alas, no such luck. Lost it all. So, what is the deal with this?

tkrave  2017-09-14 13:21:43 ( ID:t7rw5rdz3jm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've never had it crash on me personally, but obviously, that's not a guarantee since computers are different.

You can save the project by clicking on "Options" in the upper right corner and selecting to save the project. It does not automatically save, though that would be a nice feature to have.

Question - Blu ray add tracks, menu option goes away. No.70749
SmeltzerDeltzer  2017-05-29 14:05:02 ( ID:zrvvx2po9jo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello,
I've added a "first play" option along with 2 tracks. When I go to add "track 3" the "Menu" tab is greyed out and is no longer available to click on. As soon as I delete "track 3" the "menu" tab becomes available to click on once again. What gives? I've never had this issue at all in the past.

Question - Converting .MKV files with subtitles No.70700
Tazrulez  2017-05-02 01:23:25 ( ID:qu9dvsfvvjh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have some .MKV files with subtitles, either .ssa or .ass subtitles, and it is not recognizing the subtitles. If I demux the subtitle and convert it to .srt it loses all formatting that the original had, and i have over 400 .mkv files. Is there a way I can keep the .ssa or .ass formatting and still import the .mkv files to TAW5?

Kuno  2017-05-07 16:08:05 ( ID:hukdtzb7abf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No there is not. If you want to keep the formatting I would strongly suggest using VSO ConvertXtoHD. They do have a trial available and it uses NVENC so your encodes will use NVENC hardware if you have a newer NVIDIA card. Your other option is to hardsub everything, through handbrake or mediacoder or another software package and then bring it in to author.

Subtitle support really blows.

Persen  2017-06-12 01:08:50 ( ID:6tr/46zxmom )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

For the future of others, then you can try to take a peak at Subtitle Edit.
It can extract and convert various types of subtitles, which also incl. DVB subtitles to various other subtitle formats.
Just remember to download the required language packs for both the decoder and encoder after having installed Subtitle Edit.
https://www.videohelp.com/software/Subtitle-Edit

Question - Change Menu Requires Complete Re-render? No.70698
hurricane51  2017-04-29 16:36:44 ( ID:wvlp3krcken )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a project with 5 HD video tracks. All I changed was the menu duration and deleted the Play All button. I made no chenges in source material at all. I assumed that it wouldn't require re-rendering on the complete project, but that's what happened.

My question is why? Surely the menu is kept separate from the rest of the content.

Now I'm looking at a 12-hour render, and that's with an i7-6700K cpu (4 Ghz).

tkrave  2017-05-19 13:23:40 ( ID:t7rw5rdz3jm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When you output, it creates the entire project from scratch, so if your videos were fully rendered the first time, they will be fully rendered every time you want to output the project again.

What you could do, is create a new project and import the videos from your first output. Since they would be compliant, they should "smart render" and not take long to output. You'd also have to save your menu as a template, so you can load it much easier on your second project without having to recreate it.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.