Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 954 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Request TE25 Can not open or unsupported Ron 5 2002-04-06 14:20:24
Question TE25 Can't Open or Support AC3 Xerovix 3 2002-04-06 19:27:06
Question TE25 Is there a mpeg spliter that works?????? sherlock 2 2002-04-06 22:40:28
Question TE25 How can I change the format of MP3 files to something that can be played on a DVD player. InoMan 6 2002-04-06 17:54:32
Question TE25 Best SOund Quality in TMPGEnc? Weto 2 2002-04-06 21:14:17
Question TE25 How can I change the format of MP3 files to something that can be played on a DVD player. InoMan 3 2002-04-08 06:02:25
Question TE25 Black screen after converting/sound but no pic Rck60s 0 2002-04-06 02:55:35
Question TE25 Can't play MPEG2 file Jim 3 2002-04-08 02:36:36
Question TE25 Can i make my movies better quality? jgraham95 1 2002-04-06 02:25:42
Question TE25 Cutting is corupting my files jgraham95 6 2002-04-06 02:18:22
Question TE25 crearting vcd Robert 2 2002-04-06 21:15:59
Question TE25 Illegal floating decimal MeganNYC 8 2002-04-06 19:28:51

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 954 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Request - TE25 - Can not open or unsupported No.18172
Ron  2002-04-06 05:17:58 ( ID:eukh6fssu.n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I downloaded several Avi files from Kazaa and I can't open any of them in tmpgenc, although media player can play them without a problem.

HELP!

Thanks in advance,

Ron

moi_lejter  2002-04-06 06:17:57 ( ID:aqfbad0jnzc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have the same problem. I just installed TMPGEnc 2.53-Plus
on a notebook running Win2K with a PIII-650, 512MB RAM.
I can use TMPGEnc to split an MPEG-2 file into .m2v, .m2p -
but when I try to open the .m2v file, I get the error:
File xxx.m2v cannot open or not supported.
Anyone know what might be wrong?

The same thing happens if I try 2.53 not plus.
I have enough space in my tmp drive (more than
the size of the m2v file...).

Thank you!

Moises

Skywalker  2002-04-06 09:05:22 ( ID:d.s4fbg4bfl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Similar problem !!
I can browse & select an avi file into the "audio" and it encodes and plays the audio. However, if I try to browse & select the same file into the "video" I get error message stating file type is not supported.
Has anyone had a similar experience and possibly a solution??

Dennis  Home )  2002-04-06 09:15:08 ( ID:.uhbhxbi0ng )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi.

It could be possible to convert them in VirtualDub or with msgraph, in the sence that the format of the file could be screwed up or it is uncompleat or something.

Maby you could open the file and the render it to a new avi file format somehow, it sould be possible to do that but exactly how I donno.

Regards Dennis

Techno  Home )  2002-04-06 10:56:52 ( ID:82zqdopxre6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

increase the avi vfw and the avi opendml priority to higher in the environment settings.

install the appropriate codec for the avi

extract the audio as wav in virtualdub and then put the wav and video together in TMPENC and encode

Techno

Ranger  2002-04-06 14:20:24 ( ID:lh1udvptj1c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hallo ich hatte dieses Problem mit "can not open or unsupportet" auch, download this file and install it !!!

http://www.divx-digest.com/software/tsunami_pack.html

Tsunami 3.86 Pack Mini Install

Dann funktioniert es 100% !!!

CYA

Question - TE25 - Can't Open or Support AC3 No.18168
Xerovix  2002-04-06 04:47:28 ( ID:yhtgg1igalm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i have been using TMPGEnc to make vcd all along with DVD2AVI and CladDVD. but recently TMPGEnc gives me an error when i try to open ac3 file... it says something like the file cannot be opened or supported. may i know how to solve this problem?

Dennis  Home )  2002-04-06 09:12:30 ( ID:.uhbhxbi0ng )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi.

Yes AC3 sound can't be opent in Tmpgenc but what I do is that I use Msgraph and render from mediafile option, then I just select wav dest filter and file write filter and the AC3 sound from a mpg or avi file will be extracted and unpacked to a WAV file that is 100% readable in tmpgenc (however it will take up some space though... maby 400-600mb)

Goto http://doom9.net and there should be a guide somewhere on how to use (and download) msgraph or under the Links goto purplemans site.

Regards Dennis

Xerovix  2002-04-06 12:05:38 ( ID:yhtgg1igalm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

but the problem is that i managed to open ac3 files in the past but not now.

Dennis  Home )  2002-04-06 19:27:06 ( ID:.uhbhxbi0ng )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Oh I see, well maby it's possible to do that.

What I have found out is that the encoding will go a lot faster if you use input data that is uncompressed.

If you have compressed data then tmpgenc must first uncompress and the encode it. And the AC3 to WAV conversion with the msgrap thing is superfast (5min) or somethine.. but unpacking divx to avi and so on is not so good since it takes up a lot of space.

Regards Dennis

Question - TE25 - Is there a mpeg spliter that works?????? No.18165
sherlock  2002-04-06 04:23:06 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The "cut" feature in "merge&cut" doesn"t work worth sh*t.I can get it to cut the first part but the rest of the movie won"t cut...does anyone know of a program that will cut a mpeg2 svcd...when I use "tmpgenc" to cut a movie it prosess the video and then the audio but freezes at the end of the audio..I have tried to cut the movie 18 times and it has taken me all day to realize that it is a hopeless situation.....does anyone have a Idea how to fix this or know of a program that will work......thanx

Ram  2002-04-06 06:17:22 ( ID:h306o5ky152 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

M2-Edit Pro by Mediaware works pretty good for this purpose.

sherlock  2002-04-06 22:40:28 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is it free????????

Question - TE25 - How can I change the format of MP3 files to something that can be played on a DVD player. No.18158
InoMan  2002-04-06 04:07:08 ( ID:aj8hnowedyj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How can I change the format of MP3 files to something that can be played on a DVD player. I read something about doing this a while back on this message board, But I forgot how to do it.

Thanks

Techno  Home )  2002-04-06 11:57:27 ( ID:82zqdopxre6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

assuming it is a video:

make sure the video is an avi or MPEG1, use virtualdub to extract the wav and then you can burn this as ann audio CD and should be playable on yor DVD player, if your DVD player supports CD-R's.

Techno

Ashy  2002-04-06 14:56:16 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

*** How to create an Mp2 audio CD. ***

Ever wanted to play Mp3's on your DVD player, but it doesn't have the capability.
Well here is a method which will allow you to create a similar cd using Mp2 audio instead of Mp3 with TMPGenc.
This will allow you to fit up to 8 albums in high quality on one CD which will play in any compatible DVD player.

To play the CD on your DVD player it must meet certain requirements:
1. DVD player must be able to play CDR or CDRW.
2. Must be able to play VCD
3. Isn't fussy about bitrate.

If your Cd player meets the requirements go ahead and give this a go.

Step 1. Download the templates below which contain all the required settings you will need.
This Zip contains two templates, one for PAL and one for NTSC. Use whichever suits your T.V. system.
http://www.geocities.com/mark_ashworth1/files/Mp2Temp.zip

Step 2. Convert all the audio files you want to encode into Wav files and put them into a folder.

Step 3. Load up the template into TMPGenc. Note: all the settings will be set ready for encoding, but you can change the audio encoding bitrate if you choose. Don't change the Video bitrate unless you need to as some players need a minimum bitrate of 300kbps, but bear in mind this will double the size of the resulting file.

Step 4. Using the Audio source Browse button find the file you wish to encode and then choose where you want to output the file.

Step 5. Create a folder called Project files then in TMPGenc click File>Save project and save it in your Project files folder.
Go back to Step 4 and do this for each file you wish to encode.

Step 6. When you have created all your project files from your audio files then click File>Batch encode. In the box which opens click the ADD button and add your project files you have created. Highlight them all and click OPEN.

This will add all your files to the job list. Once you have added them click RUN and all your files will begin to be encoded one by one.
Depending on your system it will take a while. On my Pentium 4 1.7 ghz a full albumn with about 10 tracks takes 15-20 mins.

Step 7. Once all the files have finished encoding you can then go head and burn them with Nero using the Video CD option.

Note: The encoding method will not work if you use any external audio encoders such as TOOLAME in TMPGenc, so disable these first.

*** Burning with Nero ***

If you wish to have a list of the tracks which are on the CD which will be shown when you play the CD in your DVD player.You can use the menu option in Nero to do this.

Step 1. Choose the Video CD option in Nero then click the Menu tab, tick enable menu. Leave all the options at default except the Header and Footer text. In these boxes type:
For the header text - Audio CD Track List
For the Footer text - Press keypad number button to play selected track.

Step 2. Under the ISO tab click these options:
Iso level 2(maximum of 31 characters).
ISO 9660.
Allow path depth of more than 8 directories.
Allow more than 255 charachters in path.

Under the Burn tab choose these options;
Write.
Finalize CD
Disk at once
4X write speed.

Then click NEW.

Step 3. Drag the files you created into the bottom window on the left then highlight all the files and right click and choose properties. In the box which comes up put O seconds for pause settings.

Step 4. Put a blank CD in your drive and click the Burn icon then click WRITE in the box which opens. Nero should then begin burning you VCD which you can then play in your DVD player.

Note: PBC may be needed to be set on your DVD player for the menu to work.

Hope this is helpful to some people. Please feel free to email me and let me know if you have any problems or if you have success with this.

ASHY

Ashy  2002-04-06 16:33:12 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Please use this link for the templates and not the one above.
http://www.geocities.com/mark_ashworth1/files2/Mp2Temp.zip

ASHY

Ashy  2002-04-06 16:50:53 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Correction use this link. The file is in the my documents folder.
http://briefcase.yahoo.com/mark_ashworth1
Sorry about this but bleeding Geocities wont allow direct linking.

Ashy  2002-04-06 17:07:35 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This is ridiculous.
What is it with Yahoo and their crap storage services. No Public access,no direct linking.
Finally this link should be ok. I not I will email u the templates.
http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/4c15518f/bc/My+Documents/Mp2Temp.zip?bcUg4_8AIHGN2GMM

ASHY

Techno  Home )  2002-04-06 17:54:32 ( ID:82zqdopxre6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hehehehehehehehehehe..... OH, the frustration... :)

Techno

Question - TE25 - Best SOund Quality in TMPGEnc? No.18155
Weto  2002-04-06 04:03:57 ( ID:9wmq0l5dh82 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, i was checking the audio settings and i found the option to change the sound to Stereo, Dual Channel and Joint-Stereo.

Which one is the option that gives the best quality?, Thanks.

Weto

Techno  Home )  2002-04-06 17:56:47 ( ID:82zqdopxre6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

depends on the occassion,

usually stereo.

Techno

Ashy  2002-04-06 21:14:17 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you're original audio source was an ac3 downmixed to a two channel wav then stereo would be best as joint stereo would kill the prologic information stored in the file.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - How can I change the format of MP3 files to something that can be played on a DVD player. No.18151
InoMan  2002-04-06 04:01:48 ( ID:aj8hnowedyj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How can I change the format of MP3 files to something that can be played on a DVD player. I read something about doing this a while back on this message board, But I forgot how to do it.

Thanks

InoMan  2002-04-06 04:08:01 ( ID:aj8hnowedyj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

oops, sorry double post

mjsla  2002-04-08 06:01:12 ( ID:lbmzvc69ysm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

D/l winamp.

mjsla  2002-04-08 06:02:25 ( ID:lbmzvc69ysm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Opps. Here is the winamp info:

Winamp 2.78 or 2.79 -> Prefs (Ctrl+P) -> Plugins -> Output:
Select "Nullsoft DiskWriter"
Click configure
Checkmark "convert to format"
Click the little "..." button at the side
In the "sound selection" box, change the "attributes" to one of the 48Khz selections at the end of the list (choices between 48KHz - mono or stereo & 8 or 16-bit)

Question - TE25 - Black screen after converting/sound but no pic No.18150
Rck60s  2002-04-06 02:55:35 ( ID:xmskm5l1zim )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have followed Technos instructions to the letter...Installed 4.11 codec, opened avi in Vdub, selected 4.11 in compression, saved file as avi, encoded it,loaded it in TMPGENC...it encoded BUT after it was finished and I went to check it IT WAS STILL A BLACK SCREEN...I had sound but no picture...I can't tell you how frustrating this is..I have been at this for 9 hours today.....Please can someone give me a walk thru that will work....I actually got it to work last night but when I burned it to DVD I lost sound...I guess this is why they call this a hobby.....Please help

Question - TE25 - Can't play MPEG2 file No.18146
Jim  2002-04-06 02:23:24 ( ID:5rompmxeyjk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I converted a divx .avi file over to mpeg-1 no problem. I can click it and it plays fine.

However, if I try to make a svcd (mpeg-2), when it's done, I can't play it. I get errors and only the audio plays.

Reading the FAQ:
MPEG2 file can not be played only by Windows. You need to install a DVD software such as WinDVD, PowerDVD, then you can play MPEG2 file with Windows Media Player.

I tried windows media player and others but nothing worked.

Why do I need to spend more money just to play the thing?

I just want to burn a svcd with my nero 5.5.

sherlock  2002-04-06 02:33:28 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

dvd software wont make media player play them,but the dvd software will play it,there is a free dvd playing software at "vcdhelp.com" but if you cant play it try burning it and play it in your dvd player,cd"s are like 50 cents each...there is a mpeg2 plug in for media player but I don"t know were to get it..if you just want to see if it encoded the video try the merge and cut and move the slider to see certain parts of your video.....hope this helps...

Jim  2002-04-06 03:31:12 ( ID:5rompmxeyjk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for your response!

Since I can't play it without special software, I burned it anyways with Nero as a SVCD. It still didn't play.

I tried the Cut and Merge but when I click Edit, I get the pop-up error window:
Could not obtain the length of the movie with DirectShow. (0x80004001)
Details: <garbage>

Like I said before, I was able to do VCD with no problem.

I must be doing something wrong. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jim

Jim  2002-04-08 02:36:36 ( ID:5rompmxeyjk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks Techno, I downloaded the .zip and I'll check it out.

As for the above problem, part of the problem was that I needed a DVD player that played SVCDs. I went out and bought a JVC DVD player from Best Buy and it plays Super VCDs great!

The next thing is to tweak the picture quality. I notice that there is a motion blur added during quick movement that isn't acceptable..

Thanks!
Jim

Question - TE25 - Can i make my movies better quality? No.18144
jgraham95  2002-04-06 00:43:04 ( ID:82zqdopxre6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have just downloaded Blade2 and want to put it as a vcd so i can watch it on my tv. The problem is that it is not that great quality. Is there any way to sharpen the quality at all?

sherlock  2002-04-06 02:25:42 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

under the "settings" there is a list of enhancements check the one you want and then double click it and a screen will come up with settings and your movie file will come up with a slider under it. move the slider till you get to a part of the movie with bad quality,and then adjust the settings accordingly.you can do this with all the enhancements,but it will make the encodeing take longer....but you can"t make a really bad quality movie look good ........

Question - TE25 - Cutting is corupting my files No.18137
jgraham95  2002-04-05 23:42:18 ( ID:82zqdopxre6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ive been converting my avi files in2 mpg files, Im wanting to put them in 2parts so i can put them on vcd! Im can always make up Part1 but when i try to make up part2 it just keeps coming up "seeking file"!!!!! Can some1 please help me get rid of this problem!
Thanks!!!!

sherlock  2002-04-06 00:05:42 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

you have to wait for it to seek the file ,depending on the size of your movie the longer this will take,some times 5-10 minutes..ypo see after you cut the first half of your movie and start to cut the second half,the program has to go through the first half of your movie till if finds were you want the second half to begin,be patient and it should start in a few minutes,it will do the same thing for the audio........hope this helps....sherlock

jgraham95  2002-04-06 00:06:52 ( ID:82zqdopxre6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

thanks! Most apreciated!!!

jgraham95  2002-04-06 00:18:31 ( ID:82zqdopxre6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i was also wondering if u knew how to change the files from full screen to widescreen and vice versa?

sherlock  2002-04-06 00:31:29 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

you can change it from wide screen to full screen,in the aspect ratio section choose fullscreen custom,and try adjusting the screen size,but it can give you a streched look,I dont usualy do this cuz my dvd player has a zoom feature that makes it full screen,there is probably a better way but I don"t know it but Thecno might....

jgraham95  2002-04-06 00:38:00 ( ID:82zqdopxre6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ok thanks!! I got1 more problem! I waited for the file2 encode for part2 and it worked fine for the file and the audio! But it never showed up with the megabytes! hen the programme crashes! Can u help with this aswell?

sherlock  2002-04-06 02:18:22 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

all I can say is re-start your computer and try again.......

Question - TE25 - crearting vcd No.18134
Robert  2002-04-05 23:36:30 ( ID:kix/widbsmh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

error: viewing in dcd player, the image stops and run and stop , delaying audio etc.

I captured in vcd format y create the movie in vcd tested in the ulead movie maker simulator and all is ok.

format vcd = 352x240 ntsc 1048 kbps stereo 22.050 khz 16 bits

sherlock  2002-04-06 02:36:40 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have had this problem to it seems to be from useing cheap cd"s,try burning the movie on a slower speed........

Saugerli  2002-04-06 21:15:59 ( ID:rotakhkbhnc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,
I had sometimes the same problems.

It's not only /always a problem of cheap cd's but dust or somthing else on the
cd. I heard from different stand alone DVD-Players this probs also.
in my cases, a cleaning of the cds was helpful

Question - TE25 - Illegal floating decimal No.18125
MeganNYC  2002-04-05 18:28:20 ( ID:uwtsguxknt2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i've converted part 1 of an avi fine,Then part 2 gets about 50% done.. then i get an error msg (Illegal floating decimal) Then It stops.
I've read some of the other post.. seeing if I could fix the problem..
I need help Please
And Thank You In advance

jgraham95  2002-04-05 18:29:57 ( ID:82zqdopxre6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

it means ur file is corrupt!! You will need2 either download it from a different user! or download another version of it!!

MeganNYC  2002-04-05 18:36:05 ( ID:uwtsguxknt2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

jgraham95  2002-04-05 18:38:42 ( ID:82zqdopxre6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

no problem! Do u know at all how to convert files from full screen to widescreen and vice versa?

Techno  Home )  2002-04-05 19:33:24 ( ID:82zqdopxre6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

this is incorrect.

increase the directshow filter and also tick/untick all the check boxes in the quantize matrix settings.

Techno

Peter Guhziner  2002-04-05 21:43:34 ( ID:zv9jeshjrpk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi Techno,

I've gotten the same error as Megan and will try the DirectShow changes - but I'm not sure what you mean by tick/untick all of the quantize matrix settings. Please simplify for the inept such as I: Should the boxes have check marks beside them when I'm done or not?

Much thanks!
Peter

sherlock  2002-04-06 00:00:31 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Techno means get rid of the check marks in the boxes,but one of the boxes is allways checked,but to un-check it you will have to un-check all the boxes in the "cpu" tab eg:mmx,mmx2,sse.This makes the program not use the floating point system so the "floating point error" should go away.If i"m wrong Techno please correct me........hope this helps......sherlock

Techno  Home )  2002-04-06 10:54:42 ( ID:82zqdopxre6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You are correct sherlock, thanks for bearing with me! well done

Peter Guhziner  2002-04-06 19:28:51 ( ID:zv9jeshjrpk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sherlock & Techno,

Thanks much for the tips & clarification!

Cheers!
Peter

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.