Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 861 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 Problems loading VCD file into TMPG under XP Damian 3 2002-05-27 01:18:22
Question TE25 Unsupported AVI files smackdab 1 2002-05-26 01:43:03
Question TE25 Downloaded an AVI or two :) Jeremy 1 2002-05-26 02:58:16
Question TE25 bad avi files.. GuNnz 2 2002-05-26 05:41:02
Question TE25 Audio Hissing when using MPEG-1 Layer2 Godzilla 1 2002-05-26 02:48:27
Request TE25 Black Screen and no picture Roger 2 2002-05-26 22:38:05
Question TE25 Could not select certain *.AVI files. rka 1 2002-05-25 23:24:24
Question TE25 DVD "jerky" on playback on some DVD players Rick Liston 1 2002-05-25 23:19:56
Question TE25 GOP Questions DeadBoyMan 4 2002-05-26 07:12:20
Question TE25 P3Package.Dll Steve 1 2002-05-25 23:13:19
Question TE25 Adding dvd subtitle using tmpgenc neo 1 2002-05-25 23:10:44
Question TE25 VCD Burning Reiginsei 3 2002-05-26 13:59:10

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 861 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - Problems loading VCD file into TMPG under XP No.21915
Damian  2002-05-26 03:26:19 ( ID:zvcflshclp2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi there!
I've just bought a DVD burner and would like to transfer my old VCD's to DVD.
I simply want to transfer four or five films to a single disc.I'm running Windows XP.
I know that I need to de-multiplex the audio from the video and then change the sample rate of the audio from 44.1khz to 48khz (this is for the DVD authoring progam).
I can do the de-multiplex (in TMPG-MpegTools) no problem and end up with a .m1v and .mp2.
When I load the audio file (.mp2) back into TMPG to try to Change the sample rate, TMPG crashes.It also crashes if I try to load the origional Mpeg that the audio file came from.The strange thing is that these were all VCD's using TMPG presets (I think version 2.0 of TMPG)and that I can cut & merge and De-Multiplex, without problems from within MpegTools.
I've looked through the forum and found one reference to this problem and they said it was due to an audio codec not being installed in XP, but no solution was provided.
Can anybody shed any light on this or the Codec (or possibly the name of simple program that can do the resampling of the Audio(A workaround :)
Many Thanks
Damian

Minion  2002-05-26 06:04:30 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There is a Great free audio encodeing program called "db power amp" it can extract audio from video and encode to a variety of formats, you can use this to re-encode your "mpg-audio" to "mpg-audio" at 48000hz, you can download it at . www.dbpoweramp.com " make sure you get the mp2 codec.....

Damian  2002-05-27 00:27:20 ( ID:zvcflshclp2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Many Thanks Minion

I now have DbpowerAmp + Mp2 codec.A nice + simple to use program.Exactly what I had in mind...
The funny thing is that since I installed DbPowerAmp + the mp2 codec(or possibly the Nimo codec pack 5.0 which I installed at the same time)TMPG is now working and allows me to open Mp2 files without crashing.Possibly i just had a corrupted codec or XP does'nt have the right codec.
Anyway thanks again Minion for pointing me the direction of a great program and
(possibly) sorting out my problem :)

Damian

Minion  2002-05-27 01:18:22 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think the "mp2" codec in "db power amp" is a decoder to so It could quite possibly fix your problem....

Question - TE25 - Unsupported AVI files No.21913
smackdab  2002-05-26 01:37:49 ( ID:owgn2m2/r0m )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have several .avi file s I downloaded at another location and burned to a CD-R. I have tried to then copy these to muy hard drive for encoding to MPG for encoding. When I try to load the file I get a message that the file cannot be opened or is not supported. I have also tried to encode from the CD-R with the same result. Is this something that always happens when tring to encode an avi that has been burned to a CD-R or is there some way to correct this?

smackdab  2002-05-26 01:43:03 ( ID:owgn2m2/r0m )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

NEVER MIND. Just read minions response to a similar problem and the solution worked great. Thanks a million minion. :)

Question - TE25 - Downloaded an AVI or two :) No.21911
Jeremy  2002-05-26 00:48:41 ( ID:2xgl4dzqu.j )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I downloaded an AVI today. And its in 20 fps. Would it be better to somehow convert it back to 23.976 or something else. I did use the standard TMPG SVCD template and it now made the movie with trails behind it. I assume thats cause it added 9 frames per second. Wasnt sure how to manually make 20 fps since the field is always grayed in TMPG.

also, where can i find other codecs for my cap card. I thought I was stuck with the one that came with it but I read on a previous thread I can somehow use a different one. My cap card is the Pinnacle Studio DC10+. Forgive me for being dumb but will this codec be used while captureing or is it something I use afterwords if I use my cap softwares make file abilities (Which sucks horrible).

thanks all - Jeremy

Minion  2002-05-26 02:58:16 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you want to make vcd"s with your mpeg files , the avi files with non-standerd frame rates will look jumpy because "tmpgenc" has to copy every third frame to make it 29.97fps, you can change the encodeing frame rate but this will not play correctly on your dvd player..you can change the frame rate of your avi file but then you will have to speed up your audio track to mach up with the video, so you are best to just use the regular templates and deal with the jumpy-ness cuz the alternitive is a lot of work..

Question - TE25 - bad avi files.. No.21908
GuNnz  2002-05-26 00:42:51 ( ID:rz1hlhjq8oc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi there im a nOOb at doin this..so anyways heres my problem..
Some avi files i have stop video but sound still plays.i am able to fast forward it then video an sound come back.am i able to encode theses types of bad avi files?,.or is the file no good for encodeing?do i need to d/l another copy of the file?
ive tryed encode this type of file but my tmpgenc stops at the frame where the video stops..and freezes..
any help will be appreciated thnkz..:)

GuNnz.<nOOb>.but havin fun:):):):P

Minion  2002-05-26 02:52:18 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There are tools that might help you repair your avi file I can"t remember there names but some can be found in the "tools" section at "www.vcdhelp.com " . you can edit out the bad spot and join the two parts together after you finished encodeing with the "merge & cut" feature.....

GuNnz  2002-05-26 05:41:02 ( ID:x20ul01erqr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thankz alot minion..much appreciated..:)

Question - TE25 - Audio Hissing when using MPEG-1 Layer2 No.21906
Godzilla  2002-05-26 00:08:05 ( ID:uwkwnfqcpaj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello,

I get a constant background noise like a hissing/screeching when I encode with MPEG-1 Layer2, but if I use MPEG-1 Layer1 it sounds perfect. If I try to encode the whole video with Layer1 it will give me something like "Illegal Sound Stream" or something simular. Should it be able to encode with Layer1 audio?

Minion  2002-05-26 02:48:27 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Use a different audio encoder like "toolame" or "scmpx" they give better sound quality that the built in encoder, these encoders work with "tmpgenc" and can be installed in "tmpgenc" in the "external tools" section, you can find these free just by looking on any search engine..

Request - TE25 - Black Screen and no picture No.21903
Roger  2002-05-25 22:24:46 ( ID:swd//k5my9f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have just reloaded TMPGEnc after my computer software was reloaded. Using the wizard I can select all the data for my video file to encode . but the preview window is black Has anyone got a fix for this.

Kenneth  2002-05-25 23:54:39 ( ID:rz1hlhjq8oc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The reason for your preview window being black may be because you are encoding using a 2 pass VBR. The reason for it being black is because for the first 50% it calculates the bitrate to give each frame and on the last 50% it encodes to video. So if you have it set to 2 pass VBR you should see images in the preview window on the last 50%.

Roger  2002-05-26 22:38:05 ( ID:swd//k5my9f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Keneth
Thanks for the sugestion. I have found after a lot of ezperimenting that changing the codec I use to make the AVI file has a very great effect on the end product in TMPGEnc. I was using one which since the computer had the software re loaded will not now work so I am trying to find the est alternative. My capture card is a DC10 plus so I think I will have a look on the Pinnacle BBS as well as here.
This all gets confusing so I have been taking nots on what I have done The pile of paper on the desk is geting quite high.
Thanks for the help any further sugestions will be apreciated.

Roger

Question - TE25 - Could not select certain *.AVI files. No.21901
rka  2002-05-25 22:12:44 ( ID:xgcy5uohg9h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have few avi files which I wanted to convert to MPEG format.
I had recently upgraded from WinME to Win2K OS. I tried encoding the same AVI file in WinME OS using TMPGEnc, i had no problems. However, when I tried encoding the same file in Win2K OS using the same TMPEnc, I get the following message:
File"c:filexyz.AVI" cannot open, or unsupported.
Note: I could playback the same AVI file using WMplayer in both WinME & Win2K OS.

Appreciate your response in advance, to answer my question.
Thanks
Romesh

Minion  2002-05-25 23:24:24 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Firstly, because you can play it on media player does not mean you have the proper codec, media player uses external codecs that cannot be accessed by other programs, but this isn"t your problem I think you just have to raise your "direct show" filter, to do this first go to"enviromental settings" then to "vfapi plugins" and raise your "direct show" filter to "2" and lower everything else to "0".. this should get your avi files loaded in "tmpgenc"...

Question - TE25 - DVD "jerky" on playback on some DVD players No.21899
Rick Liston  2002-05-25 20:34:11 ( ID:28pk9ez3cnw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm relatively new to MPEG encoding.

I have a new HP DVD200i DVD burner which I using to produce a DVD of my daughter's musical for other parents. As such, it will be played on many different DVD players.

The DVD I produced plays well on my computer (PowerDVD, Windows XP) and on my older DVD player (Panasonic DVD-CV51) but has playback problems on my newer DVD drive (Toshiba CD6200, a progressive scan model). On the Toshiba, the video occaisionally stutters, and not just during motion shots. The stutters occur at the same point during playback every time. The stuttering is no different when the player is set to interlaced or progressive. At certain points the stuttering is manifest by obvious deformation of the bottom half of the screen.

My question is this: Are there settings in TMPGenc which permit the best playback compatibility over the widest range of DVD players? Which settings are known to cause compatibility problems on playback?

Setup
Camera: Sony TRV900 (thanks John Beale, a contributor to this BBS I see)
Windows XP
Pinnacle Studio 7
Sonic MyDVD 3
TMPGenc

I've been using TMPGenc to encode the AVI I produced with Studio 7, the audio was deflashed with Goldwave and the DVD's authored with Sonic MyDVD.

Thanks.

Rick Liston

Minion  2002-05-25 23:19:56 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The problem IS from the dvd player you are useing, and i think is has to do with the "buffer" in your dvd player...makeing your own movies and burning to disk isn"t a perfect science, so what plays good on one player doesn"t mean it will play good on other players,so i guess the answer to your question is " No there is not a setting that will make your mpeg"s play in all players,I guess all dvd players are not created equal.....

Question - TE25 - GOP Questions No.21894
DeadBoyMan  Home )  2002-05-25 18:23:00 ( ID:kbucfz0r0mh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hey,
Sorry to bug you guys, I'm pretty much a neophyte and am learning as much as I can. I just made a movie and we're trying to put it on DVD with DVDit(c) software. When I try and run it I get the following error:

"Each GOP Header must be preceeded by a sequence header"

I went to DVDit's site and this is what they had to say about it:

"When using 3rd party MPEG encoder make sure that you choose the option to include a sequence header with every GOP header. This is a requirement of
DVD specification and DVDit! will not process the MPEG file unless it has the proper sequence header placement. This is a function of the encoder and
not DVDit. Check your encoder documentation for information about header control."

So I go into the settings (I used the template for NTSC-DVD) and this is what I use:
IBBPBBPBBPBBPBBPBB
Number of I picture in GOP '1'
Number of P picture in GOP '5'
Number of B picture in GOP '2'
Output interval of Sequence Header '1'
Max number of frames in GOP '18'

'detect scene change' is checked.

That means diddly to me. But apparently something is wrong. Any help would be great. I'm trying to do this DVD as a b-day present for an old friend of mine.

Thank you very much

-Matthew

Richard  2002-05-25 21:50:30 ( ID:kwfsrhnna/w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think you also need to enable "Closed GOPs".

DeadBoyMan  Home )  2002-05-25 23:39:36 ( ID:kbucfz0r0mh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks. I'll give it a whirl and see what happens.

-Matt

DeadBoyMan  Home )  2002-05-26 05:38:05 ( ID:kbucfz0r0mh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Totally didnt work. I got the same error. Is this a problem with TMPGEnc or is it DVDit? Either way I own both sofwares and its a little annoying to have to buy some other software to do what I got these for. Are you listening Tsunami?

-Matt

Richard  2002-05-26 07:12:20 ( ID:kwfsrhnna/w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It seems like you have everything set right. Sorry you're having a hard time. If it's any consolation, I've found this 2.54a release has broken a few things that worked in previous versions, so it may be worth trying 2.53.

If you haven't already found it, here is a DVDit list relating to encoding that may be worth a try.

http://forums.sonic.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum;f=21

Question - TE25 - P3Package.Dll No.21892
Steve  2002-05-25 17:55:58 ( ID:ld0vl28xjk6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Why an I getting the Can't load P3Package.dll?

Im getting this when trying to create an MPEG.

Minion  2002-05-25 23:13:19 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You should really look for your answer before you post cuz this question has been answered to many times, go into your "tmpgenc" folder and copy the "p3p package" into your "system and system32" folder......

Question - TE25 - Adding dvd subtitle using tmpgenc No.21890
neo  2002-05-25 14:01:35 ( ID:gd.kqjn4erl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

how do i add dvd subtitle on the movie using tmpg enc?

Minion  2002-05-25 23:10:44 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can"t add subtitles with "tmpgenc"..subtitles would have to be added before you encode...if you are ripping dvd"s you extract the video file with the subtitles, but I have never done it cuz i hate subtitles....if your movie has no subtitles there are some other apps that will let you manualy put in subtitles..

Question - TE25 - VCD Burning No.21886
Reiginsei  2002-05-25 11:46:49 ( ID:e0zkwppm2jo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

HI, I replaced my old 6x cd burner with a 32x cd burner. With the 6x I used to always burn VCDs at 4x because I read that burning faster wasn't good. I really like my new 32x except for one thing....it can't burn slower than 8x. I burnt a VCD at 8x and it seemed to play just fine. What types of errors does burning at 8x usually do?

Bob-o  Home )  2002-05-25 21:20:36 ( ID:qhpjqhr0ekm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you buy an 8X burner, Burn at 8X. If you buy a 32X burner, burn at 32X. it makes NO difference what speed you burn at. Only if you get burn errors (IE: an error that will cause the burn process to stop, like if you bumped the drive while it was burning) then you might want to burn a little slower or get a faster hard drive.
If the burner and the hard drive are on the same chanel, that is BAD and you need to burn slower, so put the burner on a different IDE channel than the device with the source file on it. (unless you have SCSI, in which case you don't have to worry about a thing, if you have IDE, do DO NOT SCSI.)
So basicly, burning at a drive's max speed is fine, that's what they are made to do. Only if your burns mess up because your other drive can't read fast enough should you slow down.

Minion  2002-05-25 23:07:32 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you are burning to cheap disks the speed of the burn makes a BIG differance..Trust me i have burned over a thousand svcd" and vcd"s, and if you burn at full speed you will notice certain problems like the video speeding up and slowing down, and video and audio de sync and sometimes your movie seems to shake in the tv screen...The rule I use is to burn is to burn at half the speed that your burner is capible of....over a period of time you will notice less errors and a better over all quality when burning at a slower speed ..But to each his own...what ever works for you....

Elvis  2002-05-26 13:59:10 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Minion is absolutely right.
You can't just go ahead and burn at any speed. A lot of DVD players will have problems playing disks burned at high speed, such as mine. Anything above 4x and the movie jerks all over the place, but at 4x it plays perfectly.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.