Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 859 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 aspect ratio 1/2 ?? Thomas 4 2002-05-28 13:02:58
Question TE25 Problem Catalin 1 2002-05-27 18:16:54
Question TE25 TMPGENC 2.54.37.135 is extremely slow.... michaelvv 4 2002-05-28 13:20:01
Question TE25 Pinnacle DC10+ MJPEG hego 3 2002-05-28 00:37:16
Question TE25 TMPGEnc for Plug-in Ulead MSP6.5 Farmer 2 2002-05-28 06:03:14
Question TE25 Help, templates for SVCD(XSVCD), VCD Farmer 0 2002-05-27 11:39:43
Question TE25 Index of scan line out of range Eric 1 2002-05-27 19:13:41
Question TE25 How can i improve picture quality.? GuNnz 6 2002-05-28 03:48:29
Question TE25 convert divx to mpeg charlene 5 2002-05-28 02:11:15
Question TE25 missing video from converting AVI to MPEG LoGicaLJz 3 2002-05-27 22:07:34
Question TE25 Slow Slick506 4 2002-05-27 18:57:43
Question TE25 Video - 6:50. Audio - 7:00. MPG... 7:05?! punistation 2 2002-05-27 22:37:51

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 859 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - aspect ratio 1/2 ?? No.22033
Thomas  2002-05-27 17:56:51 ( ID:n7bwqkmt.2k )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

what is the difference between "keep aspect ratio" and "keep aspect ratio 2".
i couldn't find any information about this on the web.

Minion  2002-05-27 22:21:18 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you put your mouse over the "video arrange method" and keep it still a page will pop up explaining all the arange methods....

Magic  2002-05-27 23:20:39 ( ID:b3wtvzva/ra )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

As far as I can tell, nothing until you "clip" the movie.

If you clip the movie then the bit you are left with will stretch to fill the screen (keeping it's aspect ratio) with the first one, but with the 2nd you just get black bars for the bit you clipped.

Try clipping about 40 or so pixels off each edge of your movie and then compare the two - it'll become clear :-)

Minion  2002-05-28 03:40:37 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

"Fullscreen (keep aspect ratio 1)"=Maximises window at the same time keeping aspect ratio..
Fullscreen(keep aspectratio 2)=Maximizes window at the same time keeping aspect ratio and displaying movie in full screen

ASHY  2002-05-28 13:02:58 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That's just what it says in the tips, I think Magic is right.
Fullscreen (keep aspect ratio 2) shows you the movie in full screen with the parts that have been clipped.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - Problem No.22031
Catalin  2002-05-27 16:54:28 ( ID:09fk.xk1m5r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I try to encode a movie from avi/divx to mpeg1,I see an error message:"The error occured when ACM was initialized.I have a pentium 200 mmx with 48Mb.Thank you in advance.

ASHY  2002-05-27 18:16:54 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Could be something to do with an audio codec you need or need to reinstall on your PC.
The ACM message refers to the windows Audio Compression Manager which is used to decode or encode audio using the audio codecs you have installed on your system.
Find out what the audio is in the movie file and install the appropiate codec or extract the audio to a wav file with a program such as Virtualdub and use that as your audio source.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - TMPGENC 2.54.37.135 is extremely slow.... No.22026
michaelvv  2002-05-27 15:41:50 ( ID:7vay9rphki6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hey Everybody...

Had suddently figured out how to use tmpgenc with ifoedit , but my
problem is this....

I had created a TMpg file which i want to use with tmpgenc , so i later
can remux the mpeg file with ifoedit....

The thing works great , but i take me about 2 hours before tmpgenc had
reloaded the file so i can start the encoding....

Where i had done a movie and want to make another i have the same problem...

What can i do to avoid this kind of delays....

My system is AMD 1.2 Ghz TB , 256 Mb RAM , 60 GB HD and Win2000....

Any suggestions ?????????

Hope someone can help........

Best wishes

michaelvv

Minion  2002-05-27 22:22:42 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I"m sory but i don"t under stand your question.Can you explain it a little better?

ASHY  2002-05-28 00:48:19 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Neither do I.
What is it you are attempting to achieve with IFOEDIT. I thought IFOEDIT was used for VOBS so how does it link with TMPG and why are you encoding the same MPEG again?

Confused...
ASHY

michaelvv  2002-05-28 07:18:06 ( ID:7vay9rphki6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello Again ....

I'll try to explain me a little better...

I'm making the Tmpg File in Ifoedit , which hold the information about
the I,B,P frames, just to be sure that my movie will be in sync when
i later remux it to a vob in ifoedit...

I'm using the guide at http://www.doom9.org/mpg/tmpg-dvdencoding.htm.

Everything works perfect , but it's very very slow...

But is there a better way the remux the m2v file back into a vob than using
ifoedit for that , i would like to know ?????

What is the optimal setting for tmpgenc with low bitrates at about 3Mbit/sec ?

I'm backing up a film which last 2:28:00 hour....

PS! Where nice BBS board you have here.....

Michaelvv

ASHY  2002-05-28 13:20:01 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well I'm still not quite sure what you are trying to achieve with IFOEDIT, because it seems you are doing things a long way round.

If all you are trying to do is convert a movie to MPEG2 and then author that to DVD then why dont you simply encode the d2v file from DVD2AVI using TMPG as normal and then import your MPEG2 file into a DVD authoring program.

There are many many DVD authoring programs out there now which seem far more simple to use than the slow and cumbersome method you seem to be using.
It even states on the doom site that this method you are using is sooo slow, so drop this method and have a look around for a good DVD authoring program and save yourself some hassle.

Go to this page and have a look a some of the software. There is a whole bunch of programs here to do what you need.
http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/downloads/authoring.html

ASHY

Question - TE25 - Pinnacle DC10+ MJPEG No.22022
hego  2002-05-27 13:21:13 ( ID:eo6ixh3rqra )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I open a MJPEG-Avi the preview-window is black, also encoded Mpegfiles are black. I only can use the pinnacle DC10+ codec MJPEG with the captureboard. Any suggestions?

hego  2002-05-27 14:38:32 ( ID:lfda6f09fmc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I made some tests in the "envroment settings/VFAPIplugin" and unchecked with success the AVI2(openDML)File Reader-Plugin, which is builtin the TMPEGEnc. Now also Mjpeg-Avis are shown in the window! Maybe this will help anybody else! It is the best Avi-Mpeg-Tool I ever tested, with very good results.

ASHY  2002-05-28 00:29:37 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You mean you can only use Pinnacles own codec for hardware compression. Theres nothing stopping you from using a software compressor such as the DIVX codec.

I don't have the DC10+ so the following information Iam going to give is speculation.

Ok, seeing as the DC10+ is a hardware encoder which uses an internal MJPEG codec it is therefore sensible to assume you will need another software MJPEG codec installed on your system to decode the file, so media player and TMPG can open it correctly.
Heres a daft thing. Even though Media player may open and play the file using the drivers or codecs Pinnacle supply with the card it doesn't necessarily mean TMPG will open it correctly.

I would suggest trying to install another MJPEG codec on your system such as PICVideo MJPEG codec or Morgan Multimedia MJPEG codec and see what happens.

It's all I can do I'm afraid.

ASHY

ASHY  2002-05-28 00:37:16 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don't know why the hell I just posted that info seeing as you have solved your own problem.
Anyway the theory is there, just the method is wrong.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - TMPGEnc for Plug-in Ulead MSP6.5 No.22019
Farmer  2002-05-27 13:15:37 ( ID:skqqgcjdvag )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can we use TMPGEnc for Plug-in Ulead Media Studio PRO 6.5?

Minion  2002-05-27 22:41:17 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don"t think you can use it as a plugin but I"m sure that you can import or export file from or to "tmpgenc"..I think "ulead media studio" uses it"s own mpeg encoder......

Farmer  2002-05-28 06:03:14 ( ID:skqqgcjdvag )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thank you, Minion. UMSP uses it's own mpeg encoder "MPEG NOW", but it encoding worse than TMPGEnc or CCE.

Question - TE25 - Help, templates for SVCD(XSVCD), VCD No.22018
Farmer  2002-05-27 11:39:43 ( ID:skqqgcjdvag )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, all.
I have vhs and dv videos, and i want to convert it to mpeg2 (TMPG) through IE1394. Could you send me, if you have, your templates for SVCD(XSVCD) on my
email: farmer@lenta.ru
Thanks to ASHY and Minion for very good forum.
From Russia with love.Farmer

Question - TE25 - Index of scan line out of range No.22016
Eric  2002-05-27 10:52:29 ( ID:6spp2x9jrvm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Does anybody know how to fix the problem ?
It happened at 46% of converting adivx movie to a mpeg file

ASHY  2002-05-27 19:13:41 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try Avi defreezer on the AVI file.
http://www.divx-digest.com/software/avidefreezer.html
If that doesn't work try frameserving the file from Virtualdub to TMPG or create another AVI with Virtualdub.

Another option is to use AVIutil.
http://www.fpscentral.hu/download/software/aviutl97f.zip Open the AVI with AVIutil then see if the file will play in AVIutil at the point it normally freezes, if it plays ok then choose the option to create a project file and load that into TMPG.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - How can i improve picture quality.? No.22009
GuNnz  2002-05-27 08:42:52 ( ID:mow3tya8z62 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi there..
when i convert to vcd from avi..the quality of the vcd is the same as avi file..is there any settings that i can change on the tmp encoder.to give me better quality on vcd?..

GuNnz  2002-05-27 09:14:47 ( ID:rz1hlhjq8oc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Or maybe a link where i can read it myself?

Minion  2002-05-27 10:14:04 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

So you not only want the quality to be the same as the avi, you want it to be better than the avi?I don"t know if your are just inexperienced, but the quality of the mpeg you make useing the standard vcd template will not give you as good quality as the avi you are encodeing unless the quality of the avi is really bad,Mpeg is not a format used to make movies look better,so the quality of the mpeg is directly related to the quality of the avi file and the quality of the encoder...The more bitrate that is used the closer the quality of your mpeg file will be to the "avi" file..right now I am encodeing a svcd with a max bitrate of 8000kbs and a minimum of 2000kbs,and i get as close to the original dvd as possible but I can still tell the differance.And the vcd template is 1150kbs, so I"m encodeing with a bitrate up to 6 times higher than the vcd standard and still it won"t be exactly the same quality as the original..so the one thing that will give you better quality is raise the bitrate, if you are doing vcd"s a bitrate of 1650kbs will give you much better quality and get you about 60 minutes per cd.....

Magic  2002-05-27 23:12:01 ( ID:b3wtvzva/ra )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I never thought I would see the day when I could make a point to Minion... but it *is* possible for an MPG to look better than the original AVI. I just did it myself! :-)

Remember the target here is VCD, which suggests playback on a DVD machine. Many DVD systems have "block noise reduction" and other tricks built into them which mean you can actually get away with lower bitrates than on a PC where Media Player is probably used and it just displays the MPEG raw.

You can use the colour correction features in TMPGEnc to optimise the colours for your TV if the AVI has a bit too much contrast for example, and if you notice a lot of dithering in your AVI file try using the Noise Reduction filter too, as that can smooth out the noise.

In fairness to Minion he is absolutely right about the bitrates and resolutions - if you have a "perfect" AVI file at a high resolution don't even try to get close to it with VCD, if the bitrate and resolution limitations of VCD don't hit you then the chances are the physical ability of your DVD player will. Many DVD players can play SVCD but the drive simply isnt fast enough to read the data from the CD.

You could also try the trick I suggested in another post - stretch your VCD movie so you end up with an out-of-proportion movie, then use the picture settings on your TV to squish it back giving you better vertical resolution.

GuNnz  2002-05-28 00:23:58 ( ID:rz1hlhjq8oc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks Minion & Magic for your speedy and honest replys:)
It is much appreciated Fellas:)
To answer Mnions Question on me being inexperienced..Yes im very nOOby at this..ive only being doin this for 3days now.and im finding it alot of fun..and in them 3days ive done a TOTAL of 6VCD Movies sucessfully.and thats not including the 2 VCD's i screwed up..hehehe.So i hope that gives u an idea of wot u r dealing with..:(..MuuAhaAhAaaaaa..

Magic..thanks for your input on my situation too dude..:)

ill reply l8ter to tell you guys how it went..
ok bi for now..thanks again:)

Dont Hate The Playa Hate The Game..GuNnz<dWh>.

GuNnz  2002-05-28 00:46:31 ( ID:rz1hlhjq8oc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

it takes me 2hours to encode avi2mpeg is this along time /??.my system is..
AMD ATHLON 1.8Ghz..512bmRam.WinXP.60GigHD.7400rmps.

Minion  2002-05-28 03:48:29 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No that is very quick it takes me like 6 hours to do 1 hour of mpeg, but your cpu is 3 times faster than mine.....

Question - TE25 - convert divx to mpeg No.22003
charlene  2002-05-27 08:02:45 ( ID:kduznyhdhnc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I want to convert to mpeg, but i need to change the bitrate of my mpg file. However, I don't know how to!! please help!, thanks

Minion  2002-05-27 08:36:42 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Are you saying you want to raise the bitrate in "tmpgenc" for encodeing??To do this you have to load the "unlock.mfc" template from the extra folder...this will unlock ALL the settings so make sure every thing is the way you want it, go over every setting because when you load the unlock.mfc template all the settings can change....

charlene  2002-05-27 18:20:01 ( ID:kduznyhdhnc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

All I want to do is make the file smaller. Right now it's 400mb and i'm trying to cut that in half. My friend told me to use tmpgenc to change the bitrate... i'm not sure if that means to lower it or raise it. What settings am i supposed to check for? thank you!

ASHY  2002-05-27 22:27:13 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don't know why you want to make it smaller, but if you do lower the bitrate you will also lower the quality and if you are lowering it lower than the standard bitrate for VCD it will look terrible.

Any way this is what you need to look for...

Open TMPG, load the standard VCD template by clicking the load button then click the load button again and this time look in the folder called extra.
Click the file called unlock.mcf then click the setting button at the bottom right, click the video tab and where it says 'Rate control mode' choose CBR from the drop down menu then underneath change the bitrate to a lower value.
The lower you choose the smaller the file size and lower quality the movie.

Next click the 'system' tab and change the stream type to 'MPEG-1 Video cd(non standard)'
Now encode.

ASHY

Magic  2002-05-27 23:16:14 ( ID:b3wtvzva/ra )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just a quick note.... please don't fall for the trap of thinking that raising the bitrate so the file gets larger than 400Mb will improve the quality - it won't. MPEG is a "lossy" compression format which means that to get the file down to that size you destroy some of the information. That information can't then be retrieved (although you can use special software to attempt to clean up the picture).

ASHY  2002-05-28 02:11:15 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you read the question it states that the original file is DIVX and want's to halve the size from 400mb to a 200mb MPEG.

Which obviously means that the bitrate will need to be lowered thus creating a lower quality movie as I don't think that there is an encoder in the world which can create better or similar quality looking MPEGs with a smaller file size than the original AVI.
Also the Mpeg would indeed have to be larger than 400mb to acheive anywhere near the same quality as the AVI as MPEG files are always larger than the original AVI.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - missing video from converting AVI to MPEG No.21999
LoGicaLJz  2002-05-27 05:35:41 ( ID:bvgmnsq6wsm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi. i am using the newest version so far and i have had the same problem with all the versions. when ever i try to convert AVI file to MPEG file, it seems to convert the audio file perfectly but cannot get the video to work. i cannot see anything but can heard the audio. this happened in every single version that came out and tried with different AVI files. cannot seem to get it work. also, when i try some other format like ASF, it works very well. both audio and video works. i do not know what is wrong with it. is it my computer that does it or does it do the same to everyone? or do i need to configurate something? please reply to this as soon as possible. thank you

Minion  2002-05-27 06:20:16 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You need to have all the proper audio codecs on your machine, and your avi files have to have the correct audio format, many avi files have "mp3 vbr" or "ac3" audio which "tmpgenc" wont encode..A good rule to go by is to extract the audio to a wav file from all your avi files before encodeing, "tmpgenc" seems to encode "wav" format the best...or you don"t really need to use "tmpgenc" to encode the audio, I use "db power amp" ,it can extract audio and convert it to "mp2" which you can then "multiplex" with you mpeg file that has no audio......

LoGicaLJz  2002-05-27 15:32:41 ( ID:bvgmnsq6wsm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i do not understand what you are trying to say. it is my video that i have problem with. not the audio. the sound comes out perfectly fine. it is the VIDEO. there isn't any picture coming out.

Minion  2002-05-27 22:07:34 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sory I was reading someone elses question and answered yours instead, your problem could be a video codec problem, make sure you have all the divx codecs, and make sure your direct show filter is at high enough priority...sory about the mix up...

Question - TE25 - Slow No.21994
Slick506  2002-05-27 05:14:43 ( ID:zs4kjnw4fb2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm running a Pentium4 1.5GH machine with 768 MB ram and 1.2 gig page file and WinXP. When encoding .avi to .mpg with TMPEG, I cannot use any other program on my PC. Is there something in XP that might be causing this? It is taking approximately 15 hours to encode a 60-70 minute movie using all the default settings with all other background apps turned off. I have read here that this is much too long. My Norton Utilities indicates 100% CPU usage, 500+ MB free memory and 10% page file usage. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do to speed the process up and use my PC for other things?

Thanks in advance.

Slick

Minion  2002-05-27 06:13:41 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Actually that is quite common and usually ,depending on your configuration can take even longer.."tmpgenc" is designed to suck up every bit if juice your computer can come up with.."tmpgenc" is written in a very slow language called "Delphi" which is easier to write than "C++" but a little out of date..on my "pentium 3 800mhz 384mb 100gb-hd" it takes about 16 hours to do a 1.5 hour movie, this is one of the reasons that I use a different encoder for mpeg2....the only thing I can think of that can speed up the encodeing a bit is to not use any color filters, set the "motion precition search" to very fast, turn of all applications includeing your screen saver, and de-fragment your hard drive once in a while...other than that there isn"t much you can do ..

Slick506  2002-05-27 06:27:55 ( ID:zs4kjnw4fb2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for the info?. However, does changing the motion precision to fast degrade the quality of the movie?

Minion  2002-05-27 10:21:07 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Heveing the "motion precition" on fast does give you slightly less quality but I have tried it and I couldn"t really tell the differance so I usually use the "normal" setting because there is no differance between normal and really damn slow..any encoder that gives you any type of good quality will take up all your system resources, the encoder I use sucks up 100% but at least it is 5 times faster than tmpgenc ,but it costs 40 times as much....

ASHY  2002-05-27 18:57:43 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That is far too slow for your machine.
I have a P4 1.7 which can encode a 2hr movie in 21/2 hrs.
Make sure motion search precision is set to normal and ensure you are not doing a 2 pass encode or using any filters.
Also make sure the MMX and SSE optimizations are enabled in the enviroment settings.

If I were you I would download another copy of TMPG and try that, because you should have no problem using other apps while encoding. I never do and I didn't even have a problem on my old P3 500 with 128mb.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - Video - 6:50. Audio - 7:00. MPG... 7:05?! No.21991
punistation  Home )  2002-05-27 05:07:20 ( ID:6spp2x9jrvm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It's quite a simple problem, really...

Video track: 6:50

Audio Track: 7:00

So why, when TMPGEnc is finished encoding, doe the MPG last for exactly 7 minutes, 5 seconds? It doesn't make sense!

Can anyone help?

Kisses XXOOXX
Jen

Minion  2002-05-27 06:03:37 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What kind of "avi" file are you encodeing? did you capture it with a capture card?Please leave some information on your file and what you are trying to do so we can assist you in fixing your problem.......

ASHY  2002-05-27 22:37:51 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What exactly is the problem?
Is it out of sync or something or are you just asking simply out of curiosity?

ASHY

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.