Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 853 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 illegal mpeg follow up ankho 2 2002-05-30 23:10:02
Question TE25 Resume of an aborted decoding process possible ?? Geronimo 1 2002-05-30 18:55:24
Question TE25 Maximum size ? Birdie 2 2002-05-31 11:32:27
Question TE25 Brightness problems when converting to SVCD, DVD. ajfaull 2 2002-05-30 13:29:02
Question TE25 Audio beep Armando 5 2002-06-01 01:02:53
Request TE25 No Audio When I convert from AVI to MPG Blaze902 1 2002-05-30 08:37:08
Question TE25 De-multiplex shortens video length Peeler 2 2002-05-30 14:22:46
Question TE25 Repeating frames please? NewtronX_ 6 2002-05-31 18:30:55
Question TE25 Flicker and MPEG2/DVD-R Dan Shap 5 2002-05-31 01:53:17
Question TE25 Best quality DVD Oscar 3 2002-05-30 20:50:34
Question TE25 please help lulu 3 2002-05-30 16:49:58
Question TE25 Why TMPGenc doesn't want to take audio Bruno 2 2002-05-30 21:50:34

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 853 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - illegal mpeg follow up No.22286
ankho  2002-05-30 11:57:14 ( ID:kzy53zrd4ec )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Im following up on that illegal mpeg situation. I make my mpegs with vcd gear using the bin-cue - mpeg option. I installed that mpeg2 codec and this still didnt solve the issue. Cant demultiplex either cuz it says illegal mpeg no matter what i do. Please help! thanks again

ASHY  2002-05-30 13:23:27 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

VCD gear is your problem. This program is crap.
I have had many instances of VCD gear producing illegal MPEGs and MPEGs TMPG doesn't like and gave up using the program a long time ago.

What is the reason you are trying to extract the MPEG from an image anyway?

Anyway the best way I have found of extracting MPEGs from images is to use ISOBUSTER. http://www.smart-projects.net/isobuster/
This program will extract a usable MPG or .dat file from the image which you can then open in TMPG.
There is no need to convert .dat to MPEG as TMPG has no problem opening .dat files.

ASHY

ankho  2002-05-30 23:10:02 ( ID:kzy53zrd4ec )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

the reason i have to do that is so i can do the trick to make my dvd player play the svcds. I make an mpeg and use tmpgenc to put a vcd header on it. So should i be able to take the mpegs that i have already made and make em work still with isobuster? I hope so cuz i have a lot of them. Thanks again for all the help. :)

Question - TE25 - Resume of an aborted decoding process possible ?? No.22284
Geronimo  Home )  2002-05-30 11:53:41 ( ID:h2weed5jdjh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi,

i 've downloaded and i am very satisfied with this proggy but i've a question .. i was converting a avi video into mpeg and my PC crashed during the operation ... now i have a mpeg file which is not completed ... is it possible to resume the conversion process from the frame where it was aborted ? it would save me a lot of time ...

thx & greez,
Jaffa Geronimo of Apophis

Hataian  2002-05-30 18:55:24 ( ID:pq/ugw.8krm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think it's not possible.

Question - TE25 - Maximum size ? No.22281
Birdie  2002-05-30 09:56:36 ( ID:ih0d2stpmwc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

As a newbie I just downloaded TMPGEnc 2.54a to try it together with my WinTV PVR to make SVCD's. With WinTV PVR I recorded a mpg file and tried to convert/"repair" it with TMPGEnc., because Nero complained about it, when I tried to burn a SVCD. I used File>MPEGTools and everything went right, also with the burning with Nero after that. However on the burnt SVCD I miss about 5 minutes of the original 20 minutes video. The converted file also is some 20% smaller than the original file.
Did I do something wrong or are there limitations, regarding the size, in the free version of TMPGEnc ?

Minion  2002-05-30 22:45:09 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don"t know why your movie is shorter after useing "tmpgenc" but I might know why "nero" was complaining adout the file and a possible solution.Nero wouldn"t accept the file because it was not encoded for svcd ,meaning there were no svcd headers on the file,you can easily put the proper headers on the file by loading it in the "merge and cut" feature and chooseing "super-vcd/mpeg2 VBR" in the drop down menue, choose your out put directory and click "run", tmpgenc will now make a copy of your mpeg file but put the proper headers on it to make it svcd compliant, now nero should accept it unless the frame size is out of specs, but a lot of players will play svcd"s with non-standard frame sizes ,mine plays svcd"s with 704 by 480 better than the 480 by 480 frame size, This might be a work around for your problem if you cant fix it with tmpgenc..

Birdie  2002-05-31 11:32:27 ( ID:ih0d2stpmwc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thank you Minion for your reply. Tonight I will try your solution.
In the meantime I tried again to "repair" the file with tmpgenc (File>MPEGtools>Simple Multiplex). I browsed for the mpg file and hitted run and then it began to multiplex. However that stopped at about 80% and then the header writing began. Thus the stopping at 80% with multiplexing should be the cause of the problem I think. However I don't understand why it stops at 80% and what I could do. I hope you can help we further with this.
TIA

Question - TE25 - Brightness problems when converting to SVCD, DVD. No.22278
ajfaull  2002-05-30 06:08:40 ( ID:aiy.bxcdt1a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I love TMPGEnc, and plan on registering next payday. However, I have one problem.

I am capturing using a MPeg2(software) card at 720x480, I Frames only. I then use DVD2AVI to convert to MPeg1 for editing. When I go to Encode either a DVD or SCVD, the picture is noticably brighter than the original or a VCD, MPeg-1 reencode. I've tried two or three sets of templates from the web and this problem still persists.

Is there a good way to correct this problem, or do I need to use something like the Flask Encoder?

Hataian  2002-05-30 11:06:59 ( ID:pq/ugw.8krm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

In some encoders you can set the brightness range to 0-255 or 16-235,
but I don't know if also in MPEG1 Tmpgenc.Try the other setting.

ASHY  2002-05-30 13:29:02 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The simplest way to correct the problem is to change the brightness before you encode with TMPG.
Click the 'setting' button then 'advanced' then double click the 'simple colour' correction filter.
Now adjust the brigtness to your liking.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - Audio beep No.22272
Armando  2002-05-30 06:02:26 ( ID:mvuwzq2gu5. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Does anyone knows why a beep sounds at the joining of the files. Have I missed something?
Thanks in advance.

Minion  2002-05-30 08:42:36 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You haven"t missed anything,this seems to happen when you edit and join a file part way through a "gop", you can try to avoid it by editing and joining in a different part like a second earlier or later in the file,..

ASHY  2002-05-30 13:35:00 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Always click the 'correct' button before you join, this should correct the problem. This should make sure the GOP's are joined together correctly.
If it doesn't, do as Minion says and move the cut up or down a few frames slightly and try again.

ASHY

Armando  2002-05-31 23:59:44 ( ID:mvuwzq2gu5. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I capture one hour of video with AVI-IO that "breaks" it in several files because of the 2 GB limitation. Those several files are then joined with TMPGenc so there are no way how to join in a different part like a second or even a frame earlier or later or the result video will certainly jump. Am I wrong?

ASHY  2002-06-01 00:47:49 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What sort of AVI are you using. Using today's modern AVI codecs you should be able to capture up to 4gb of AVI.
The 2gb limit was for old version 1 AVI.

ASHY

ASHY  2002-06-01 01:02:53 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You should be using virtualdub to frameserve those segmented files to TMPG, or AVIsynth to join them, not joining them together like that.

Open Virtual dub, load your first AVI then click File>Append video segment and load next AVI. Do this for each segment and they will be automatically joined into one then start the frameserver and frameserve to TMPG.

ASHY

Request - TE25 - No Audio When I convert from AVI to MPG No.22270
Blaze902  2002-05-30 05:16:24 ( ID:k.m3dm4pgxg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I was just wondering why TMPGEnc Version 2.54a dosen't convert the audio along with the video -- It will start off fine with about 5 seconds of video & audio but then after that the audio will cut out and i'm left with the video only -- I'm new to this program so if anyone could help It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks In Advance.
Blaze902

Minion  2002-05-30 08:37:08 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If the audio on your avi files is "mp3 vbr" tmpgenc will have problems encodeing and it will either cut out or just not encode,as a general rule I allways extract the audio from my avi"s to "wav" format and encode that for my audio, this is one possible cause of your problem,but the solution will fix many audio problems..

Question - TE25 - De-multiplex shortens video length No.22267
Peeler  2002-05-30 02:15:03 ( ID:l2lgzm3scvf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Whenever I de-multiplex an MPEG2 file, it shortens the video by several minutes making it impossible to re-multiplex.

For example, a 45 minute MPEG2 de-multiplexes to ~39 minutes. The audio stays at 45 minutes.

Has anyone seen this and found a fix?

Minion  2002-05-30 04:34:28 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try a different "demultiplexor" , there is a free one called "XMuxer" which uses "Elcard Mpeg2" software but is put out by a company called "MoonLight" you can find it on a search engine just type in "XMuxer" but it only works with mpeg2, but it seems to do the job with files that don"t work with "tmpgenc"..

ASHY  2002-05-30 14:22:46 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Actually Xmuxer will de-multiplex MPEG1 files too even though it isn't naturally supported.
A pretty good multiplexer, de-multiplexer comes with Darims DVMPEG software and is supposedly meant to be more accurate regarding the MPEG specifications than TMPG.
http://www.darvision.com/product/dvmpeg.html

ASHY

Question - TE25 - Repeating frames please? No.22260
NewtronX_  2002-05-30 02:02:02 ( ID:0ysy.lkdema )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What I want to do is Encode a VCD with several repeating frame.
I want to have "1" Frame repeat over and over so that it shows for 5 seconds.
Also Is their any way to Encode into TMPGenc still pictures I have into a movie similar to stop motion photography where they put together still shots to make it apear that the object or objects are moving another problem I am faced with is having them repeat so they apear for a few seconds. Sugestions?

Minion  2002-05-30 04:41:19 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can take seperate pictures in "bitmap" or "jpeg" format and encode them into a mpeg file, and there might be a way you can get 1 frame repeat for 5 frames sort of , if you have an avi file that was at 5 frames per second and encoded it to mpeg at 29.97fps, I think "tmpgenc" would just repeat the first frame five times then the next frame five times and so on, but it would look really wierd, but I guess this is what you are going for...

NewtronX  2002-05-30 15:22:32 ( ID:blvxpewgwwm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Minion:
How do I go about doing that? That sounds good. I have a couple test patterns I am trying to encode as the patterns allow you to set your brightness, Sharpness and contrast to THX quality. Pulled it off the "From Hell" DVD.
Also I figured it would be cool if I could do some stop animation Video with my Digital camera..hehe Any help you could give would be apreciated thanks. :o) ~ NewtronX

ASHY  2002-05-30 15:23:56 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There is an easy way to do this using Animation shop in PSP 7.
Get yourself a copy and I'll give you instructions how to use it to repeat a frame for five seconds.

ASHY

NewtronX  2002-05-30 15:32:03 ( ID:blvxpewgwwm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ASHY:
Whats Animation shop in PSP 7? Is PSP 7 an abreviation? Also I was hoping TMPGenc could do it alone guess not bummer.. TMPGenc rocks I wish It did every thing as it already seems to come close to bad it cant read and import sequential VOB files automaticaly like DVD2AVI.

ASHY  2002-05-30 16:21:50 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Animation shop is a part of Paintshop pro 7 or you can download it separately from http://www.jasc.com/product.asp?pf_id=003

Here is a direct link to the software: http://www3.jasc.com/pub/ans304ev.exe

ASHY

NewtronX_  2002-05-31 18:30:55 ( ID:0ysy.lkdema )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for the program ASHY its kinda neat but I still wish TMPGenc could do it..lol I want TMPGenc to be the Begin all and end all...TMPGenc Rocks.
Thanks again ASHY and Minion for you advice. Best regards ~NewtronX

Question - TE25 - Flicker and MPEG2/DVD-R No.22254
Dan Shap  2002-05-30 00:50:29 ( ID:ndk.udhccwf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

HereÃÔ what I did: I transfered video captured from my digital camcorder to my computer using my PYRO firewire card. Next I created a final edited piece using a combination using Ulead Media Studio Pro and Pinnacle Studio 7. Finally, I used TMPGENC to create a DVD-compliant MPEG2 and then created a DVD using DVDIT.

HereÃÔ my problem: The final edited DV video looks great played back on the computer or played back on my TV. But the MPEG2 played back on the computer or on the my home DVD player has major jitter/flicker/noise during all significant movements (Imagine a camera focusing on one person and then moving to another person).

Now, I can recompress my final DV file with the ÅÇlicker freeEoption or change the field order and choose ÅÅeinterlaceEand then create a new DV file before encoding to MPEG2 and the jitter/flicker/noise problem is solved, but there are problems with this. First, this is an extra step and requires extra time. Second, I am recompressing the file, which could not be good for overall quality. Third, it seems like there is an easier way and that most people wouldnÃÕ even think to go through that extra step.

Am I missing something obvious here? I just want to streamline the process and maximize the final quality of the DVD. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Richard  2002-05-30 04:05:18 ( ID:kwfsrhnna/w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Do your deinterlacing in TMPGenc. Goto Setting->Advanced and double click on the deinterlace filter.

ASHY  2002-05-30 17:30:12 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I take it the original movie is an interlaced 29.97 fps movie.
These sound like interlacing artifacts. You should have applied IVTC to the original movie before encoding it to MPEG2 to return the movie to a progressive frames state or captured to progressive frames in the first place (if that's possible)

Or you could just use the de-interlace option in TMPG when encoding, but the quality will be lower.

ASHY

Laserfan  2002-05-30 22:11:16 ( ID:lcvorlzbcvh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I thought that DV (to .avi) from a DV camcorder was non-interlaced already? This is very confusing! Can someone elaborate when using DV/.avi as input to TMPGEnc?

Dan Shap  2002-05-31 01:05:27 ( ID:ndk.udhccwf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I found this on deja.com after posting my original question and it solved the problem.

> > Under advanced set the source to interlaced.
> > Under deinterlace set the checkmark.
> > double click on it, then select the even-odd field option.(field
> > adaptation).

How much qualiy loss should I expect here? And if I have to reencode my original DV, aren't I going to lose an equal amount of quality? And finally, why do you think I need this extra step to begin with? Might it be Pinnacle's capture piece?

Thanks for all of the input!

ASHY  2002-05-31 01:53:17 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

De-interlacing will correct the problem, but because of the way de-interlacing works it will give your movie a slightly blurry bilinear effect, and can make some movement look unatural.

IVTC is usually used on movies that were originally progressive 23.976 fps and have had a 3:2 pulldown added when encoded to make the movie an interlaced 29.97 fps movie.

I'm not sure how your DVcam works. It may capture to progressive frames and then add it's own pulldown in which case you would then use IVTC(Inverse telecine) to reverse this which would give you back a 23.976 progressive movie and should rid you of any interlacing problems thereby giving you a better quality image.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - Best quality DVD No.22250
Oscar  2002-05-30 00:33:48 ( ID:1i8oh0qt9xr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If I want the very best quality mpeg2 file to burn to a DVD-R, is the DVD-NTSC template the thing to use? Should any filters (noise, etc.) be selected? (I noted when going through the wizard to make a VCD it said the noise filter usually resulted in a better compression product).

Overall question is what are the settings I need to produce the best video possible (with no regard to file size or time to compress?

Same question for mpeg 1 to play on a PC: What are ideal settings?

Thanks,

Oscar

Minion  2002-05-30 04:26:09 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you want the best quailty and don"t care about size or time,there are a few general things you can do but each file has it own characteristics that warent different settings..but what i would do is do a 2 pass vbr with minimum of 3000kbs max of 9000kbs and average of 7000kbs, use the noise filter, choose the de-interlace option to the setting that looks best, I usualy try a few different configurations and encode a couple of minutes of my movie in a scene with lots of movement and see which ones look best..I spend more time trying to find the best settings than time encodeing, but I"m a bit of a perfectionist and hate it when you know that your movie could have looked better..so it is a lot of trial and error.....

Oscar  2002-05-30 12:10:46 ( ID:1i8oh0qt9xr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks Minion! That's exactly the kind of information I was looking for. I am currently trying a test run with 2 pass, noise filter, VBR, and rate of 6,000. But the idea of doing 20 seconds or so with several settings sounds like the best way to go.

thanks!

JohnB  Home )  2002-05-30 20:50:34 ( ID:3ots/mlzocc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Will 9000 kbps video always be a legal rate for DVD ?
According to this spec http://www.panoramafirm.com.pl/serwis/dvd/faq/dvdvid.pdf
and also this info http://www.linuxtv.org/dvd/html/nemec_dvd.html
the max DVD stream data rate is 9.8 Mb/s for video+audio+subpictures (subtitles?) and 10.08 Mbps overall max including control data. I had always been using 8000 kbps as the maximum, because I seem to recall having playback trouble with a test using 9000 kbps video. Is it just my player? I assume it depends what audio bitrate you choose also (I used the max 384kbps, MPEG1 layer 2 because my audio track (music) is critical).

Question - TE25 - please help No.22246
lulu  2002-05-29 22:20:40 ( ID:r9hllueotnj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi...i want to set the DC Compression to 10 because it is at 8 right now but i can't do it..everything seems to start out fine.....i hit load and go into Extra and then double click Unlock Tenplate and change the number from 8 to 10 in DC Compression...however, when in go to File and chose Project Wizard and then chose Ntsc Film and do everything i am supposed to on how to make a svcd movie the DC compression go back to 8....how do i put this to 10 when i'm ready to encode..thank you and have a nice day

ASHY  2002-05-29 22:25:14 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You have to unlock it after you have chosen a template and then change it to 10 not before.

ASHY

lulu  2002-05-30 02:41:09 ( ID:mrpi9/s77ih )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi ...i loaded the NTSC film template and then i loaded the Unlock template but i still have a problem i; can't not get into the Source Range section to use the "Start frame and End Frame" UNLESS i close all that and load the Project Wizard which will bring me to the Source Range section but the DC Compression will go back to 8.. thank you...PS i've been using DC Compression 8 to make svcd but you're supposed to use 10...what i want to ask is if there's is a loss in picture quality and is it ok to use 8 with svcd movies...Please help

ASHY  2002-05-30 16:49:58 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Actually it depends on the type of movie which DC precision setting you use, but I always use 10 anyway and I doubt you would notice the difference with SVCD.

What do you mean you cant get into the source range section?

All you have to do is load your template then load the unlock.mcf template to unlock the settings then to to use the 'source range' filter just double click it and it will open.
Or the other way around is to set up the movie with the project wizard and then unlock it with the unlock template and change the DC setting.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - Why TMPGenc doesn't want to take audio No.22243
Bruno  2002-05-29 20:46:38 ( ID:wvslh4v5dlc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello,
Some time when i tried to encode a Divx, i choose the source and TMPGenc give directly the audio. In my case for some divx, i cannot have the audio. When i tried to load audio manually, he say : cannot open or not support !!
I have de Divx codec 4.12 and on my second pc thjis same divx pass !!!!
Can you explain me why ??
I try to find a solution, but realy i don't have...
The configuration is exactly the same ...

If you need some other info, you can contact me.
Sorry for English, is not my natural language ...

Thanks a lot
Bruno

ASHY  2002-05-29 20:51:43 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It is possible the audio is VBR mp3 or ac3 which TMPG doesn't like unless you have the correct codecs installed to decode it, which is probably why it works on your other PC.
Try extracting the audio to wav with Virtualdub and load that as your audio source.

ASHY

RD  2002-05-30 21:50:34 ( ID:vva5qgw897. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes, I had the same problem. The reason is Bill Gates :)

MS Media Player installs Fraunhofer Layer 3 Codec by strange way : codec is present in Control Panel-Multimedia-Devices, but does not work in Video For Windows subsystem. So it is impossible to use it in any VFW-based apps, such as TMGEnc, VirtualDub or even MS Active Movie (mplayer.exe)

How to solve : find Radium MP3 Codec (hacked Fraunhofer) and install it. It is the same Fraunhofer MPEG Layer3, but it installs correctly.

The simplest way to find codec is typing "ra-codec12.zip" in any FTP search engine such as www.filesearch.ru.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.