Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 823 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 Syncing Audio and Video for VCD Digital 1 2002-06-18 03:10:03
Question TE25 Big dvdr question for Ashy and others plz help... orthadox 2 2002-06-18 00:34:31
Question TE25 lil' question about VCDs Kringo 2 2002-06-18 01:27:30
Question TE25 Overcome 2GB limits wizard 1 2002-06-18 06:13:52
Question TE25 Freezing frame 2-3 seconds at chapter change PTN 2 2002-06-18 16:22:59
Question TE25 What codec's do I need? bjchap 3 2002-06-17 22:26:07
Question TE25 DC to 10 bits, is it worth it? musicnyman 3 2002-06-19 16:33:52
Question TE25 Avi-> Mpeg. Video problem Vlad 1 2002-06-18 03:35:41
Question TE25 Audio Ice 2 2002-06-18 10:20:10
Free talk TE25 Time to Buy Time to Buy 2 2002-06-18 02:00:09
Question TE25 audio but no video habakkuk 1 2002-06-17 12:39:41
Question TE25 Help! Killed Body 3 2002-06-18 03:39:15

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 823 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - Syncing Audio and Video for VCD No.23517
Digital  2002-06-17 19:42:03 ( ID:ji0iso.mzbc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello Everybody,

I've had considerable problems getting audio and video to sync coming from DVD's. The sound is delayed a second or two so what you see is the person's mouth move and then a sec or so later, words come. How do I fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Minion  2002-06-18 03:10:03 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

All I do is dvd rips and i have never had sync problems , well not never when I preview my files in "media player" then the sound is out of sync, but in "power dvd" they are in perfect sync so if you use media player to watch or preview your mpeg files then try dvd playing software cuz media pplayer is notorius for giveing incorrect playback of mpeg files especialy sync problems. but if it turns out that your files are really out of sync then you can use sortware like "bbmpeg" or "mpeg2vcr" it has a multiplexor that will allow you to sync up the audio to your video while multiplexing......

Question - TE25 - Big dvdr question for Ashy and others plz help... No.23514
orthadox  2002-06-17 18:06:03 ( ID:mk8pw3dua56 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ok here goes. Ive bought myself a dvd-rw burner. What i want to do is, i have a large selection of .avi films, and i want to use TMPGENc Plus to make a mpeg2 file that i can put to DVD-RW media. Basically i know how to make a perfect svcd from an .avi file that will fit onto 2 cd-r media,with perfect sync (thanks to Ashy) and thats using a modified svcd template, and a few other programs. Ive also tryed putting the svcd file to the dvd-rw with nero, which worked but the picture was messed at the start for about 5 seconds, and there was an audio click at the start also which lasted about 10 seconds.
Ive noticed DVD templates in TMPGENc plus, should i be using 1 of those ? If so in what way? and will they make the conversion better quality.

So a few questions
1) Is it possible to put a perfect svcd to dvd-rw.
2) Would i be better to use the DVD templates.
3) DVD audio should be 48Hz yes ?
4) What way should i burn the finished file to te dvd-rw?
Nero ? or make a image of the finished file and burn it to the dvd-rw in some way ?
5) If i use the dvd templates in TMPGENc what extra settings should i select after unlocking the loaded template?
6) Do i need any other software?

Ive probably missed alot of questions. But if anyone can please help it would be great.

winman42  2002-06-17 23:18:16 ( ID:d09kuz2ebql )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

OK, what model DVD-RW unit di u get? I assume it also does DVD-R?

1. Yes
2. Yes, u need to convert to dvd standard, with the DVD templates
3. dvd audio is 48khz
4. I use Ulead DVD Workshop to burn my files, becuase i like to
make fancy menus, motion buttons, backing music, etc.
5. check this link, for info on settings you can adjust in TmpGenc,
when making DVd titles. http://pwp.netcabo.pt/0165394101/TMPGEnc_Template.html

6. Nope, you dont 'NEED' anything else, but it would be nice to get
something else, if u intend to make menus, etc.

Winston

orthadox  2002-06-18 00:34:31 ( ID:mk8pw3dua56 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok ive tryed all that but to get a high quality picture, it seems there is not enough room on the dvd-r. and if i select a lower quality the picture looks crap.
So onto a new question. I used spruceup to put a svcd to a dvd-r, the film was 1hour 40mins long and there was loads of room left on the dvd-r, but spruceup is not very user frienly and a few bugs appeared at the start if the dvd-r, but the quality was very high. Is it possible to use ulead dvd workshop to put a svcd to dvd-r. or what program would be best to use.

Question - TE25 - lil' question about VCDs No.23511
Kringo  2002-06-17 17:35:21 ( ID:anm1nkhv5r. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok, so I lied... I actually have 2 questions..

First is: I have gotten my DVD players to play VCD files that I have burned (thanks to TMPGEnc!) but I'v noticed that despite the VCD video format being 352 X 240, the display on my TV screen appears zoomed and cropped, thus losing the edges. I have been forced to compensate for this and have determined the video screen size that actually displays on the TV is more closer to an off-center 306 X 213. (Which is a little less resolution but I'd rather have the full 352 X 240) Is this normal or are my DVD players being stupid? (that's my technical term for the day)

Second magical question!: I have burned SVCDs and tried playing them in my DVD players, but they don't work. (I will surely give my DVD players a beating!) Do most or any of today's DVD players support the SVCD format, or is this format something that never really caught on or what? I can't find a DVD player (within my puny reach) that will play SVCDs. I will explode with happiness to be able to burn video for my DVD players at a much nicer 480 X 480. Bliss! (until I get a DVD-R drive!) Sorry if this is too long! I tried to make it entertaining! Oh no.. I'm making it even longer with these sentences!! I must stop! ...so much for my "lil' question"

-Kringo (The Magnificant!)

PS: Any help would be greatly appreciated

Minion  2002-06-18 00:29:30 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If your player plays vcd"s try encodeing a full resolution vcd(xvcd), the ones I do are 704 by 480 and they play fine in my dvd player, and for svcd"s the player has to state that it supports svcd, the one I have does ,it is a "Electrohome" and cost $149 canadian and it plays anything I put in it, but if your dvd player does not support svcd"s there is a way to fool your player into thinking that the svcd it a vcd, it doesn"t work on all players but it does in a lot of them, what you do it encode your svcd then after it is encoded you put your svcd file in the "merge & cut" but set the drop down menu to mpeg1/vcd non-standard, then choose your output directory then click "run" it will then make a copy of your svcd file but with vcd headers to fool your dvd player, you burn it as a vcd....hope this helps and it is worth a try cuz if it don"t work you only loose a 50 cent cd-r.......

User  2002-06-18 01:27:30 ( ID:xaagdma.afc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm new to this whole burning thing, but I'm learning something new everyday. The reason your picture may be zoomed and cropped is because you have chosen the "1:1 (VGA)" mode in the "Aspect Ratio" part of the "Project Wizard (2/5)". The Aspect Ratio may be changed by scrolling to find the one you want. I usually pick "4:3 525 line (NTSC)" for American movies. Further down is step 3 or 5 in the Project Wizard, I go down to "Other Settings" and click on it. Now I click on "Advanced" and then go down to "Video Arrange Method" and scroll down to "Full Screen (keep aspect ratio)". It is usually on Full Screen and this stretches out the picture and zooms it. Or it may be on any of the other options there that might spoil your picture. Then click "OK". Then click "Next" for the next step, to make other changes. Then in step 5 of 5, click on "Start Encoding Immediately" because this box is usually already checked and you don't want it to start encoding immediately because you want to preview the file before you start encoding it. That way you don't waste time hoping you got it right, but find out later that you didn't. Click "OK". Now it will take you to TMPGEnc with a black box in the middle of the program. To view the file before you "Start", click on "File" and then "Preview". Use the scroll bar and move it to find a good spot in the movie to see whether it will encode it in Widescreen. Or you can hit the play button. If it's not the way you want it, then hit "Close" and go down to "Setting" and try messing around with the aspect ratio some more and repeat the whole process until you find what you are looking for. I hope this helps you.

Question - TE25 - Overcome 2GB limits No.23509
wizard  2002-06-17 17:32:37 ( ID:h.ec1yb6oyw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Anybody know type of hardware or sofware can over come 2GB limits. My AVI., MPEG2 or movie file is split at 2GB limits. Is there any stiching MPEG2 program available in the market.

Minion  2002-06-18 06:13:52 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think if you partition your hard drive in a fat32 system as opposed to a fat16 you will have a 4gb limit,or you can frame serve your avi files with "virtuadub" so you end up with 1 mpeg file as opposed to many that you have to edit together, is it your capture software that has a 2gb limit or your hard drive configuration? cuz I believe the capture function in virtua dub has a 4gb limit but I"m not sure....

Question - TE25 - Freezing frame 2-3 seconds at chapter change No.23506
PTN  2002-06-17 17:18:23 ( ID:h.ec1yb6oyw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi
Does anyone know how to combine all the MPEG2 files into one MPEG2 file. The reason I am asking is my avi file is split into many files and I am using the TMPG 2.51A to batch encoding after it convert many AVI files to many MPEG2 files The problem is when you are playing back the DVD at the end of each chapter to the next the frame is freezing for 2-3 seconds.
I am using DVD Complete delux & DVDit PRO for DVD Burn sofware
How do I get around that many thanks in advance.

Minion  2002-06-18 00:33:43 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you frame serve from "virtua dub" it will seamlessly join your avi files as you are encodeing to mpeg, so at the end of encodeing you don"t have a bunch of mpeg files you have one mpeg file that is seamlessly joined....I hope this is what you are looking for.

wizard  2002-06-18 16:22:59 ( ID:h.ec1yb6oyw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for the tip but I don't know how toget to it. Would you please give me the instruction...Thanks

Question - TE25 - What codec's do I need? No.23502
bjchap  2002-06-17 16:48:20 ( ID:ju9uuzvh/ik )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello,
I am trying to convert a .avi file to .mpg file and I get sound but only a black screen. Can some body please tell me which codec's I need to do this.
Thanks in advance.

Bjchap

Kringo  2002-06-17 17:52:47 ( ID:anm1nkhv5r. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Mr [BJ] chap, I think you should prolly try getting the newest DivX video codecs from

http://www.divx.com/divx/

I had a very similar problem and this corrected it. May the force be with you.

-Kringo the Magnificent

jft1469  2002-06-17 22:24:51 ( ID:ovf7padfuoa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

go to vcdhelp.com, they list the rest of the codec that you will need. the nero 50 has a slew of them

jft1469  2002-06-17 22:26:07 ( ID:ovf7padfuoa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i mean nimo

Question - TE25 - DC to 10 bits, is it worth it? No.23498
musicnyman  2002-06-17 16:17:46 ( ID:6xascjej7gc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

does turning DC bits to 10 instead of 8 make a big difference? i'm trying to get rid of macroblocks on some of my svcd's and i'm trying anything i can. i've tried turning bitrate all the way up, soften block noise, upping the motion precision search, blah blah blah, and still getting the stupid blocks. here is what I use:
CLADDVDXP -> DVD2AVI -> TMPGENC
anything on the DC bits or getting rid of macroblocks would be appreciated. thanks,

jcani  2002-06-17 19:21:22 ( ID:2oemvhkll4r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try KVCD at: www.kvcd.net

Minion  2002-06-18 06:23:33 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

In my experience haveing the dc precition a 10 does help for picture quality ,I allways have it on 10,I have never had a problem with macro blocks doing svcd"s vcd"s yes and especially with those kvcd templates I do, but if you use the standard svcd bitrate you shouldn"t have to many macro blocks, are you sure it isn"t the source avi that is giveing you the bad results or the software you play your mpegs with(media player allways shows more macro blocks when playing mpeg files), or maybe try a different encodeing method like "CQ" or 2-pass vbr..

musicnyman  2002-06-19 16:33:52 ( ID:6xascjej7gc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hey minion, thanks,
i do use 2 pass VBR, high motion search precision, 10 bit DC, high enough bit rate to fit the dvd backup onto 2 or 3 cds to leave the bitrate above 2200kbs. even when doing CBR at 2520kbs, i still see macroblocks. source is a dvd so source should be perfect. do you always use the max bitrate? or try to stay over say 2200 kbs in VBR? do you use a special GOP or quantize matrix?

thanks,

Question - TE25 - Avi-> Mpeg. Video problem No.23496
Vlad  2002-06-17 15:09:02 ( ID:pmfunnz/qok )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a problem when transfer avi to mpeg. Audio i sfine, but video has kind of interaption, delays. Like it happens every second. Do you know how I can fix this problem?

Minion  2002-06-18 03:35:41 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This can happen when you have an avi file with a certain frame rate, and you encode it to a mpeg with a different frame rate, lots of avi files downloaded off the net from places like kazaa have non-standard frame rates, if this is the case then you have to encode your avi file to a frame rate that is the same as the mpeg, or the frame rate that corelates closes to your avi file....

Question - TE25 - Audio No.23493
Ice  2002-06-17 14:19:24 ( ID:j/ia5tdl3v6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am a new user of TMPG Enc. I have downloaded a few avi files and I am trying to convert them to mpeg. Using the standard template I do get video but the audio is either out of sync or not there at all. I heve tried altering various settings (high quality) but with no results. Could anyone tell me what I am doing wrong???
Thanks

Minion  2002-06-18 00:21:37 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don"t know if this is your problem but if you play your mpeg files in "Media Player" that is the exact effect you will get(depending on your configuration)so if you are playing your files with media player there might not be anything wrong with your file, try playing it with dvd playing software like "power dvd"
and you might find your problem solved......

Muesli  2002-06-18 10:20:10 ( ID:ttouhlu0nwg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello,
i've got the same problem but i detected the reason... TMPGENC can not convert MP3 audio streams which are encoded with VBR or have an strange resolution (such as 117 kbps). Because of the missing or distortet time scale (the base for calculating the output stream) TMPGENC simply does not know how to handle this situation and tries to equalize resolution (by producing audio gaps) or just does not encode audio at all. Maybe including an external MP3 encoder (such as LAME) may solve the problem, but i didn't try myself (maybe this weekend, i'll let you know what happened).
I hope this will help a little bit...

Greetings

Free talk - TE25 - Time to Buy No.23490
Time to Buy  2002-06-17 12:15:19 ( ID:blvxpewgwwm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Looks like Hori has started to impliment higher Security measures about time. Maybe the internet connection request some one posted in the bbs is trying to authenticate your serial number if its invalid known to be a pirated serial it will probably set it back to trial mode. This is a tactic used by Clone CD another awsome program.
We all need to purchase TMPGenc Plus after all he has put alot of time into making this a awsome product and deserves rewards for his efforts. Tell me this where else can you find another product like this and then as good as this one. The $48 Dollars really isnt much its damn cheap if you ask me.
TMPGenc Rules.

Kringo  2002-06-17 17:58:40 ( ID:anm1nkhv5r. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Indeed. My good friend.

-Kringo the Magnificent!

keith721  2002-06-18 02:00:09 ( ID:kxq6lqu0qgk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I saw the price was ONLY $48 USD, I purchased, because this is a fantastic price for an extremely useful and feature-filled MPEG-2 utility. I was willing to pay more, and definitely will, when TMPGEnc v3.0 and/or TMPGEnc Server are released.

Question - TE25 - audio but no video No.23488
habakkuk  2002-06-17 09:52:23 ( ID:oxqhegzuzyr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am trying to convert a file that is divx 5 code to vcd (pal)but although the audio is ok there is no video in the output file. I am a real novice with these programs but have successfully converted other files & would like some advice as to what I should do to complete this operation. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Borgster  2002-06-17 12:39:41 ( ID:5uhceskba7w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

Try frameserving it from Virtualdub into TMPGenc,

Good luck,

Borgster.

Question - TE25 - Help! No.23484
Killed Body  Home )  2002-06-17 08:09:59 ( ID:hhpex/btral )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Help! I want to encode a movie with 30 fps interlace (60 field) but it is difficult to do so because the option in tmpgenc now is not fully support 60fps movies. I need to use a macro program to set deinterlace (even field for a fields and odd field for b fields) This takes up about 30 minutes to set a one minute movie.

Is there any faster method to make such setting?

Minion  2002-06-17 10:10:26 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don"t know if this is what you are looking for but there is a de-interlace filter in tmpgenc were you can set even or odd or double fileds and more, it is in the "advanced settings" just double click on the deinterlace filter..

Killed Body  Home )  2002-06-17 10:50:28 ( ID:hhpex/btral )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I use Inverse Telecine to convert a 30fps interlace movie to 60fps. I can't find a Setting Method in Auto-Setting to do such deinterlace setting automatically.
I need to select "Even field (animation adaptation)" for ?a field and select "Odd field (animation adaptation)" for ?b field frame-by-frame manually.

Is it possible to add a option to do such selection?

Minion  2002-06-18 03:39:15 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Not that I know of, why do the fields change from frame to frame, usually a file has the same fields all the way through the file but I have never encoded to 60fps...

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.