Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 459 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 Why is a file only able to be opened after changing environment settings? Miniver 1 2003-06-27 21:29:40
Question TE25 Buffer underrun gm3dalee 4 2003-06-27 21:24:57
Question TE25 Duplicator Problems AdonisXX 5 2003-06-27 18:24:39
Question TE25 cannot open or unsupported mpg files y2kdragon8888 2 2003-06-27 05:38:32
Question TE25 pocket PC 90 degree rotation BobbyM 1 2003-06-25 21:35:50
Bug report TE25 Memory leak ecoding PAL DVD from QT reference marian 3 2003-06-26 17:07:39
Question TE25 jose jose dominguez 1 2003-06-25 21:26:23
Question TE25 pocket PC 90 degree rotation BobbyM 0 2003-06-25 14:18:55
Question TE25 Request for ASHY CQ Template Strap 2 2003-06-25 23:50:05
Question TE25 pocket PC 90 degree rotation BobbyM 1 2003-06-25 19:07:23
Question TE25 "'File C:xxx.avi' can not open, or unsupported." when trying to open xvid video with FFDShow ZeeMox 8 2003-06-26 21:07:21
Question TE25 Best way to resize a DivX smash 5 2003-06-26 05:34:24

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 459 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - Why is a file only able to be opened after changing environment settings? No.37737
Miniver  Home )  2003-06-27 05:28:41 ( ID:1cnvjepcwhg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Why is it that when i open a particular file in tmpgenc with its default(just dl'd) settings the program says that it is unsupported. But when I change the environment settings the file is able to be loaded and encoded? Just wondering. Would it be possible in a future version for the program to change the environment settings automatically based upon the needs of the particular file?
Or at least let the user know that the file can be converted but that the settings need to be changed? Just having a message come up saying "unsupported file" implies that nothing can be done about it. Even just including a more info button that explains what may be causing the file to not load would be extremely helpful to new users who have just picked up a copy and just figure that they're screwed. I know of many who have had this difficulty with this issue and have had no idea that the file can still be utilized with the proper changes in the environment settings. I'm sure that many just give up and move on to a different program and miss out on all tmpgenc has to offer. But all that aside, I just want to say that you make a truly first-class product. Tmpgenc will be on my desktop (well at least the shortcut) for a long time nad I greatly look forward to future of this program.

"...And he had reasons."
"Miniver Cheevy" Edwin Arlington Robinson

Minion  2003-06-27 21:29:40 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The VFAPI Plugins give priority to certain File types depending on how they are configured..And what will work on one File Might not work on the same File on a different computer so haveing the setting configure them selves automaticly depending on the type of file will Not allways Work..and if they do have a Problem all it takes is to come here and Type the Word "Unsupported" in the Search field and you will find the Solution to the problem posted Repeatedly....

Question - TE25 - Buffer underrun No.37732
gm3dalee  2003-06-26 21:56:46 ( ID:z7vv6f80hjr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I simple multiplex now I keep getting that packets are getting a buffer underrun. This never used to happen and it doesn't happen all the time. But what is causing this and how do I correct the problem? I am on ver 2.513.

ashy  2003-06-26 23:18:31 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You mean buffer underflow. TMPG usually has this problem with non standard MPEGs. What sort of file are you multiplexing and which setting are you using when multiplexing?

gm3dalee  2003-06-27 03:46:51 ( ID:b8l7hpzmakc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ashy,
I am using the non-standard setting.

gm3dalee  2003-06-27 03:48:21 ( ID:b8l7hpzmakc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sorry, I use the non-standard setting becuase I am making xvcd's.

Minion  2003-06-27 21:24:57 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well I know I allways get the Bufferunder flow error in the Muxer when i encode a File as a Plain Mpeg1 or Mpeg2 file then I try to Mux it as a VCD or SVCD..You see Mpeg1 and VCD and Mpeg2 and SVCD files have Different Packet size and Mux rate so if you try to Mux a Plain Mpeg1 file as a VCD file you will get the error and the Same with Encodeing Mpeg2 files and Muxing as SVCD will cause the error..The way I have Found to Get rid of the error is to Mux the File as a Plain Mpeg1 or Mpeg2 file, then if you do Not get the error in the Muxer then you can Use the "merge& Cut" to add the VCD or SVCD Header as it will Not usually give you a Buffer Underflow error when Muxing Plain Mpeg1/2 files as VCD/SVCD"s...

Question - TE25 - Duplicator Problems No.37726
AdonisXX  2003-06-26 16:47:46 ( ID:voxmtbrx6gm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes, does anyone out there have any experience with CDR duplicators? I have an 5 bay CDR duplicator, I have burned/copied VCDÃÅ but they seem to always have the color blocking, I have tried adjusting the read speed, and write speeds to no avail, can anyone help?

Thanks!

ashy  2003-06-26 21:11:21 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Exactly what speed are you burning at and what brand of disks are you using?

AdonisXX  2003-06-27 05:43:32 ( ID:voxmtbrx6gm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

all of them, 8x 10x 16x 32x 48x, i am using 90min cdr which do not report a manufacturer with cdr dianogstic, they are silver on top and green on the bottom. Thanks Ash

AdonisXX  2003-06-27 06:23:10 ( ID:voxmtbrx6gm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

all of them, 8x 10x 16x 32x 48x, i am using 90min cdr which do not report a manufacturer with cdr dianogstic, they are silver on top and green on the bottom. Thanks Ash

ashy  2003-06-27 17:08:30 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well first of all your disks may not be compatible with some DVD players, but your problem is most likely your burn speed.
VCD/SVCD need to be burned at low speed or you will get errors on the disk and to be honest 8x is too fast. Usually 4x is the best speed, but you may get away with 6x. Usually any higher and you will run into problems.

The burn speed also depends on the disk and to some degree the DVD player (Ignore the crap they put on CDR's about being compatible for high speed burning). Some disks will let you burn at faster speeds than others without problems. The best that I have found are Ritek disks. Usually under the DATASAFE brand, but watch out for crappy Prodisc under the same name.

As for the disks you are using they sound like very cheap ones. I have used something similar myself and ALWAYS had problems with them.

AdonisXX  2003-06-27 18:24:39 ( ID:z.ebr5ubzoh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks Ash, I was kinda thinking the same things you were saying. I quess i will have to cough up a little more cash for the riteks. By the the i forgot to mention with the disk i was using burning at higher speeds did reduce the blocking. Damn i hope the riteks solve the problem!. Thanks again Ash for the good information.

Question - TE25 - cannot open or unsupported mpg files No.37723
y2kdragon8888  2003-06-26 01:09:05 ( ID:ogcaiavb45l )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a pal mpg file (352x288 25hz) I can use window media player, powerdvd ... etc. to play the file but I cannot open the file using tmpg. It gave me an error " cannot open or unsupported ..."
I am trying to convert the file to ntsc format and burn vcd for use by a standalone dvd player. Please help.
Thanks.

ashy  2003-06-26 21:13:44 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is it MPEG1 or MPEG2? If it's MPEG2 you need a MPEG2 decoder installed.
Secondly you can't convert from PAL to NTSC with TMPG It won't do it correctly. You will encounter playback artifacts.

Miniver  Home )  2003-06-27 05:38:32 ( ID:1cnvjepcwhg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You may also need to mess around with your option/environment settings/vfapi plug-in

Here's what I use for configuration

directshow multimedia file reader +3
avi2(opendml) +1
avivfw 0
cyberlink mpeg2 0
microsoft mpeg1 0
wavefile reader 0
bmp/ppm/tga/jpg -2
tmpgenc project file reader -2

Your list will probably not look exactly the same but try making the changes and see if it works for you
I pretty much never have any problems opening a file after making these changes to a newly installed version of tmpgenc. with the normal settings about a quarter of my files wont load. Good luck

Question - TE25 - pocket PC 90 degree rotation No.37721
BobbyM  2003-06-25 19:02:57 ( ID:qhysggp0a9. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I heard that it is less strain on the pocket PC CPU if you encode the video to play at a 90 degree rotaion BEFORE you encode the video, but I don't see the option of how to do that in the TMPG software. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Bob

Minion  2003-06-25 21:35:50 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

STOP Double/Triple/Quad Posting Please!!!!

Bug report - TE25 - Memory leak ecoding PAL DVD from QT reference No.37717
marian  2003-06-25 16:56:51 ( ID:fkyf7txw0qc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm trying to encode a QT reffence movie outputed from Avid Xpress DV.
The procces starts ok.. but as time goes the swap file is getting bigger and bigger and the aplication stop respoding.
I search the forum and I saw that this problem is quite often with tmpgenc
examples:
http://bbs.pegasys-inc.com/bbscgi/search/docs/en/tmpgenc/box47/tmpgenc_post_18810.html
http://bbs.pegasys-inc.com/bbscgi/search/docs/en/tmpgenc/box43/tmpgenc_post_17592.html
Any hint how this problem can be solved?
I'm using also Canopus procoder which works ok.. also media Cleaner 5, so my sistem is OK.

Minion  2003-06-25 21:34:19 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well I wouldn"t Call this a Big report as the QT Plugin isn"t really supposed to be for QT Referance Files, and that Tmpgenc does not Natively support QT Mov files and only does so because of the QT Plugin which was written By someone what has no Relation with the Makers of Tmpgenc, and the Plugin was released over a Year ago to be used with Older versions of Tmpgenc and with Quicktime 5 files, and the Plugin has not been updated since it was released so there are Compatibilities with it and newer versions of Tmpgenc and of Quicktime 6...Since there is No support for Mov files you will either have to deal with it By trying to figure it out or use a Encoder that Natively support Mov files , Like Maybe CCE which does support QT Mov files and is a Higher Quality Mpeg2 encoder....

ashy  2003-06-25 23:47:40 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TMPG won't work with QT reference files it will just crash. The QT plugin is not meant for reference files. I think it has something to do with the 2gig limit.
There is a possibility of getting around it and opening QT files with AVIsynth. You would need Quicktime installed for this. Use a command such as below:

DirectShowSource("C:Video.mov",fps=29.970)

or you may be able to use the TMPG QT plugin with a script such as this:

LoadVFAPIPlugin("C:QTReaderQTReader.vfp", "QTReader")
QTReader("C:Video.mov")

marian  2003-06-26 17:07:39 ( ID:fkyf7txw0qc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

After I've tried 3 times with the same results last night I said.. "ok.. one last chance" and it works ok. The encoding time was ok (10h for 1 h footage, high quality, PIII at 1GHZ),the quality was good.
It is still a mistery for me why this time it works ok, but not before. I must tell that the "old plugin" refered above works ok, even with QT refference movies.
I think you should serious consider fully supporting QT in TMPG becouse there are a lot of users from postproduction area that wants to buy youy product.
Thanks for this super encoder!

Question - TE25 - jose No.37715
jose dominguez  2003-06-25 14:54:50 ( ID:z.o.ly70zso )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi i gota question when encoding a get a red or purple shadow on my finish video does anybody know how i can fix this try looking for the angel codec no place to be found

Minion  2003-06-25 21:26:23 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well the Angel Potion Codec is the Only reason for this effect That I know of ,The codec will be listed in your Device Manager under "Video codecs" as something like "apmpeg4v3.dll", if you find it delete it....

Question - TE25 - pocket PC 90 degree rotation No.37714
BobbyM  2003-06-25 14:18:55 ( ID:qhysggp0a9. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I heard that it is less strain on the pocket PC CPU if you encode the video to play at a 90 degree rotaion BEFORE you encode the video, but I don't see the option of how to do that in the TMPG software. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Bob

Question - TE25 - Request for ASHY CQ Template No.37711
Strap  2003-06-25 13:46:39 ( ID:vbater6jvqa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ASHY

I wonder if you could email me your CQ template please?

I have read a lot of posts about it and have copied most of your settings such as Max 4000 and Min 1800 and how you calculate file size for CQ, but I am still having trouble getting my 1 minute tests down to the 13Mb you talk about. Mine are all about 20Mb. I am still having problems with blocking artefacts so would like to see your template complete.

I have searched both this site and the net but could not find it posted anywhere. If you could help I would be very grateful.

ashy  2003-06-25 17:48:39 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It all depends on your movie how large it will be.
If your movie is full screen then it will need more bits to encode which means TMPG will use higher bitrates and therefore will result in higher file sizes. Also the same will happen if there is a lot of action scenes in the movie

The template output size is based on a regular 16:9 movie. If you have movies which are full screen then you may have to reduce the max bitrate and the quality slider to reduce the file size.

Anyway try the templates.

Strap  2003-06-25 23:50:05 ( ID:vbater6jvqa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ashy

Thank you for the email and for your advice. Yes, the movies are full screen and yes, there is a lot of action so thank you. I'll try again.

Question - TE25 - pocket PC 90 degree rotation No.37709
BobbyM  2003-06-25 13:42:37 ( ID:qhysggp0a9. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks,

Bob

ashy  2003-06-25 19:07:23 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You will have to use something like Virtualdub or AVIsynth to rotate it then just frame serve the file to TMPG.

Question - TE25 - "'File C:xxx.avi' can not open, or unsupported." when trying to open xvid video with FFDShow No.37700
ZeeMox  2003-06-25 06:11:40 ( ID:.bnohxcsvbl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I get the above error when trying to select a video file in the little wizard deal in TMPGEnc. I had tried converting it to SVCD before, and it gave me a bad codec problem, so I uninstalled my current xvid codec (nic's I believe) and installed FFDshow. Clearly, however, I am a bit worse off now than before, as I can not even open the file to begin with. Any thoughts?

ashy  2003-06-25 11:43:17 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Did you make sure you checked XVID as one of the formats to decode in the FFDSHOW configuration settings?

ZeeMox  2003-06-25 16:01:29 ( ID:.bnohxcsvbl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

In the ffdshow settings, it gives me two options with xvid to decode: "libavcodec" and "disabled" So I chose livabvcodec and assumed that meant ffdshow would handle the decoding. Am I looking in the wrong area?

ashy  2003-06-25 19:11:47 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Maybe you just need to raise the priority of the Directshow reader in the VFAPI plugins.

ZeeMox  2003-06-25 20:11:10 ( ID:.bnohxcsvbl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

*blink*

I haven't the foggiest how or where to do that.

Minion  2003-06-25 21:21:11 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

go to "Options" to "Enviromental settings" to "Vfapi Plugins" and raise the "Direct Show Multi-media File reader" to "1" or "2"..

ZeeMox  2003-06-26 00:06:34 ( ID:.bnohxcsvbl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sweet, that worked. Thanks a lot guys, now I just need to see if it comes out in sync :P

ZeeMox  2003-06-26 01:50:17 ( ID:.bnohxcsvbl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well the encoding seems to have gone well, I just have one problem. Why is there a small icon of 9 boxes in the top right of the movie?

ashy  2003-06-26 21:07:21 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This is because you have installed the Elecard MPEG2 decoder on your system. Probably from one of those daft codec packs.
You need to unregister it then install the M2v.vfp plugin instead.

Question - TE25 - Best way to resize a DivX No.37694
smash  2003-06-25 05:58:26 ( ID:cykzmkq4zra )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, I'm having troubles with converting a DivX to MPEG because the initial file has a weird resolution [one of those DVD ones - 640x272]... Now when I convert and burn a VCD it still displays it full screen on my DVD [really streched out]. What's the best way to fix this? Thanx

ashy  2003-06-25 12:25:25 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This is an anamorphic resolution in 24:10 ratio.
You will have to use the custom settings to acheive the correct aspect ratio for this.
Just load your movie as normal and select 'Center (custom size)' as the Arrange method then set your frame size to 352x136.

smash  2003-06-25 20:01:22 ( ID:cykzmkq4zra )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Nope, didn't work [I did exactly what you said] - the image is still streched out on DVD even though it's correct in Media Player...

ashy  2003-06-25 22:51:40 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What settings are you using and which way is it stretched out, vertically?

These are the settings you should have:

1. Input aspect ratio - Set as stated above.

2. Output Resolution 352x240

3. Output aspect ratio 4:3

4. Make sure your DVD player is set for 4:3 output

If it still doesn't work with these settings then your DVD player has a problem with aspect ratios. Does the preview look correct in TMPG with black borders above and below?

Which software are you using to burn the VCD?

smash  2003-06-26 04:01:37 ( ID:cykzmkq4zra )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes, these are all the settings that I use. But I think the problem is that the black borders are not displayed. In Media Player the file seems right but the black borders are missing. As a result the output is stretched vertically in a DVD player [4:3 aspect ration, yup].

smash  2003-06-26 05:34:24 ( ID:cykzmkq4zra )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanx for your help.. after playing around with it for half an hour I figured it out. Regards

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.