Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 457 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 Subtitles Max 1 2003-07-03 04:04:34
Question TE25 Audio does not match ZeroOX 1 2003-07-03 03:56:57
Question TDA1 Need Advice for Best Quality ledhead413 1 2003-07-03 11:10:52
Question TDA1 We DONT need Version 1.5 - Please deliver what we do need! Joe Hecht 2 2003-07-22 00:27:46
Question TE25 Ed Ed L 1 2003-07-02 20:00:48
Question TE25 Index line is out of range EGG 1 2003-07-02 20:27:57
Question TE25 Subtitles Max 1 2003-07-02 20:31:59
Question TE25 Problem making a vcd from an mpg made in tmpgenc cogo 3 2003-07-03 12:47:45
Question TE25 VCD vs DVD quality smash 2 2003-07-02 18:03:11
Question TE25 Write Error???? Dilly 1 2003-07-02 20:37:12
Request TDA1 useless error message Dr. Seltsam 0 2003-07-01 18:32:51
Question TE25 there are no pictures but only sound Azn 1 2003-07-02 20:40:30

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 457 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - Subtitles No.37786
Max  2003-07-02 23:39:38 ( ID:hu83xdzutv6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I would like to make a vcd for my dvd, but I want to put subtitles in it.How could I do this?One fellow told me that I have to put them into the picture, as one file, but I don't know how to do this! Pls answer me, and if you can send me an e-mail; calavera@abv.bg. 10x

Minion  2003-07-03 04:04:34 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

UM..You allready asked this Exact same Question over 6 hours ago, and The answer you got is about as good as it is going to get, as it would take a LONG time and a LOT of work to explain every single step in every Piece of Software you will have to use and I don"t think someone is going to put in the Time when all you have to do is go to the Site Posed and/Or this site:"http://www.dvdrhelp.com/" and Look for a Guide on how to Add Subtitles to a File with Tmpgenc and Virtual Dub, or some other Subtitle Utility, and Like I said you have to Have the Subtitle File for your Movie and it can be Quite Tricky to get the Subs to look Right and in Sync and this is why it can be difficult to do correctly....

Question - TE25 - Audio does not match No.37784
ZeroOX  2003-07-02 23:01:23 ( ID:pu7giglfqyf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

using smart ripper... then using DVD2AVI software then using TMPGE i can not seem to get my audio to match up.

it seems to be off by a few seconds I think I have everything set right and have changed a few settings to see if it would matter and does not seem to help.

is there something better to use to rip the audio to get it to match?

anything I should try first to see if i can get the sound to match.

before encoding it plays great and everything matches up.

Minion  2003-07-03 03:56:57 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well What I do is in "DVD2AVI" set it to "Demux" instead of "Decode", Which will give you a AC3 Audio file then I use a Freeware Audio encoder called "Headac3he" to encode the AC3 File to "Mp2 audio", then i Just encode the D2V file like normal without the audio, after you are done encodeing the Video you will have a "m1v" or a "m2v" , File depending on if you are encodeing to Mpeg1 or Mpeg2, then go to "File" to "Mpeg tools" and go to "Simple Multiplex" and Load the Video file and the Mp2 audio file in and then choose the correct setting from the dropdown menu(either the VCD or SVCD Setting)then Click "Run" and it will Mux the audio and Video together to a Mpeg file that should be in total Sync...You can also use a Program called "Vob2Audio" to extract the audio from the Vob files to a Wav file..But I have allways had some Sync Problems with Tmpgenc Because It think that it uses the same setting For Drop frame 29.97fps and Non-Drop frame 29.97fps which can cause sync Problem over Long movies....

Question - TDA1 - Need Advice for Best Quality No.48630
ledhead413  2003-07-02 18:37:24 ( ID:kbfjwx/0.ig )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a XSVCD and I want to either put it to DVD or SVCD.
The file is 3500kbps when i watch it on computer

Format: PAL 16:9 720x576 delaced
Video: Max 5000 Average 3100kbps
Audio: 224/48
Size: 800MB 32 mins approx

What are suggestions to keep it best quality using TMPGEnc?

B_Racer  2003-07-03 11:10:52 ( ID:0jd4rmr3tyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

And what's the Problem? Just put it onto the DVD, there's no need for Reencoding it.

Question - TDA1 - We DONT need Version 1.5 - Please deliver what we do need! No.48627
Joe Hecht  2003-07-02 18:29:03 ( ID:ofhm4sr9ydm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I noticed the jump in version numbers 1.04 to 1.5, and all we got is a DVD writing engine, and a setup file that is 3 megs larger.

I DO *NOT* NEED ANOTHER DVD WRITING ENGINE.

I *DO* NEED *BETTER* MENUS.

I *DO* NEED MENUS THAT *WORK* PROPERLY.

I DO NOT NEED VERSION NUMBER TO JUMP TO "1.5" just because you figured out how burn a DVD, and I do not like being put closer to paying for an *UPGRADE*.

WE PAY YOU FOR DVD *AUTHORING* SOFTWARE. NOT DVD BURNING SOFTWARE.

So far, TMPGEnc DVD Author is *LAME* for $68... It is a toy.

!!!!NOW PLEASE GET BUSY AND DELIVER WHAT WE PAY YOU FOR!!!!

Thanks

B_Racer  2003-07-03 11:14:18 ( ID:0jd4rmr3tyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hey, don't shout...!

> I DO *NOT* NEED ANOTHER DVD WRITING ENGINE.

Agree.

> I *DO* NEED *BETTER* MENUS.

Hum, i need an Editor for the Menus.

> I *DO* NEED MENUS THAT *WORK* PROPERLY.

What's wrong with the Menus? They are working perfect.

3to3  2003-07-22 00:27:46 ( ID:vhlfd7ke3jg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I agree. I don't need or want DVD writing function, but I would like to have more flexible menu making capabilities, like those of DVDlab. It already offering the possibility to import VRO files as well as that of cutting the film as I like, TMPGEnc DVD author will be a perfect tool for me if it offered flexible menus.

Question - TE25 - Ed No.37782
Ed L  2003-07-02 18:03:33 ( ID:pybxdu.kfng )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Using SmartRipper for standard DVD / NTSC format source, then TMPG for conversion, video is excellent but no audio.
Does anyone know how I can convert AC3 to useable format for TMPG??
thanks! Ed

ashy  2003-07-02 20:00:48 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

VOB2AUDIO

Question - TE25 - Index line is out of range No.37780
EGG  2003-07-02 17:18:25 ( ID:vix5lwzgkuj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm converting a film from avi to mpeg, 55% through conversion a widow comes up saying,"incex line isout of range" Once this window appears it aborts the conversion. Is there any way I can stop this?

Minion  2003-07-02 20:27:57 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This error is Because the Avi file you are encodeing has Corrupted Frames at the Point it crashed, What you can try to do is Use Virtual Dub to scan the File for errors then Make a Direct Stream copy of the file and then Use that file in Tmpgenc, Virtual Dub should mask the Bad Frame(s) when makeing the New file so this should stop the error...Or you can encode up to were the error occurs then use the Source Range to start encodeing a few Frames after were it crashed then join the 2 files together with the "Merge and Cut"...

Question - TE25 - Subtitles No.37778
Max  2003-07-02 15:58:57 ( ID:hu83xdzutv6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I would like to make a vcd for my dvd, but I want to put subtitles in it.How could I do this?One fellow told me that I have to put them into the picture, as one file, but I don't know how to do this! Pls answer me, and if you can send me an e-mail; calavera@abv.bg. 10x

Minion  2003-07-02 20:31:59 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well This isn"t the easiest thing in the World to do and I have only done it a couple times as I hate sub"s and will Rather not watch than watch With Sub"s..You first have to have the Subtitle File, then you can use Virtual Dub and the Subtitle Plugin to Frameserve the Subs and the Movie to Tmpgenc..You should go to "http://www.doom9.org" and they have some Guides on how to add subs to a Movie and they should have a Few different Ways to do it...

Question - TE25 - Problem making a vcd from an mpg made in tmpgenc No.37774
cogo  2003-07-02 14:17:35 ( ID:rbxbwynp0sk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have two dvd's ... they each contain 4 episodes of a series. dvd#1 has separate program chains for each episode, and dvd#2 has every episode in one program chain.

I rip each episode on dvd#1 with smartripper, and get 4 vob's. Then I load the vobs directly into tmpgenc and make mpg's. They work fine.

Then I rip dvd#2, and make a d2v project with dvd2avi, and decode the sound to a wav file. I also turn on the 48 -> 44.1 KHz in dvd2avi. After the project has been made, I use the d2v file as video source, and the wav file as audio source in tmpgenc. Since dvd#2 has all episodes in one program chain, I have to split them after I have encoded. So I do that ... I use tmpgenc to split them into 4 episodes.

Now ... I have 8 mpg's ... every one of them looks good and sounds good if I watch them on the computer. Then I use vcdimager to make bin/cue files so I can burn them on a cdrw so I can watch them on my dvd player. Episode 1-4 goes fine. No warnings, and I can view them on the dvd-rom on the computer, and my standalone dvd player. When I use vcdimager on episodes 5-8 I get this warning saying:

"You get autopadding because the file is multiplexed incorrectly."

It's just a warning so it does not stop. After I have burned episodes 5-8 on the cdrw, I can watch them on the dvd-rom on my computer without problems, but when I watch them on the standalone player, the sound is f**ked. Does anyone know why??

And the warning I get from vcdimager only comes on the episodes that I have made via the d2v project and the generated wav file ... Anyone who can help?

cogo  2003-07-02 14:25:00 ( ID:rbxbwynp0sk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Oops ... the warning is:

"++ WARN: mpeg stream will be padded on the fly -- hope that's ok for you!"

Not the one I wrote in the other post. :)

ashy  2003-07-02 17:54:14 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>I also turn on the 48 -> 44.1 KHz in dvd2avi
Right first of all DO NOT use this option. Using this option will seriously slow down the process and is pointless when TMPG will do it for you.

Secondly why are you using an old and by now dated program such as VCD Imager to produce unecessary bin files? Nero will burn VCD's directly.

Also you could have encoded each episode seperately using the source range and the batch encode feature in TMPG this would have saved you having to split the MPEGs which is the source of your problem.

Your problem is most likely due to the fact that you are not choosing the correct setting when splitting the MPEGs. You cannot just split the MPEGs willy nilly and then burn them. You must select the correct stream type you intend to use the MPEG for.

When creating a VCD you need to add a VCD header. It seems most likely that when you have split the MPEG you have simply left the stream type at default.
You should have selected 'MPEG1 VideoCD' or 'MPEG1 VideoCd(non standard)' depending on whether you have created a standard or non standard VCD.

Looking at what you have done above and the way you have done it I would guess it has taken you at least 3 times longer to create the final VCD than was necessary.

cogo  2003-07-03 12:47:45 ( ID:dqlkaaayu1h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Right first of all DO NOT use this option. Using this option will seriously slow down the process and is pointless when TMPG will do it for you.
Ok. :) But does this make tmpgenc slower since it has to convert the sound? And how much for say ... an hour of video / audio?

>Secondly why are you using an old and by now dated program such as VCD Imager to produce unecessary bin files? Nero will burn VCD's directly.
On Linux. Have not tried anything else on linux.

>Also you could have encoded each episode seperately using the source range and the batch encode feature in TMPG this would have saved you having to split the MPEGs which is the source of your problem.
Yeah. Could have done that. :)

>Your problem is most likely due to the fact that you are not choosing the correct setting when splitting the MPEGs. You cannot just split the MPEGs willy nilly and then burn them. You must select the correct stream type you intend to use the MPEG for.
Correct. This was the problem. I had it on the default option.

>Looking at what you have done above and the way you have done it I would guess it has taken you at least 3 times longer to create the final VCD than was necessary.
3 times longer? Man, I could've done lots of neat stuff insted of just waiting for the process to complete! ;p

Question - TE25 - VCD vs DVD quality No.37771
smash  2003-07-02 00:31:30 ( ID:cykzmkq4zra )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm thinking of buying a DVD burner. The question is, will I get a better quality [both sound and video] by burning DivX onto DVD instead of regular VCD CD-R? Is it really worth it?

B_Racer  2003-07-02 09:32:31 ( ID:0jd4rmr3tyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You really want DivX on DVD? Why not using MPEG2? That's what DVD-Video made for.

ashy  2003-07-02 18:03:11 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

In a word..NO.
It doesn't matter what medium you burn it to the quality will be exactly the same, but what is the point of burning DivX to DVD?

Why not just re-encode the DIVX to MPEG2 then have a proper DVD that will play in any DVD player.
Also remember the output will only be a representation of the original so don't expect DVD quality just because you have burned it to DVD.

Downloaded AVI's are no where near as good quality as DVD and in my opinion are usually just crap and a waste of a good DVDr.

Question - TE25 - Write Error???? No.37769
Dilly  2003-07-01 21:36:12 ( ID:ouczxqzyukg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hey all

I have a problem when trying to encode from divx to mpg. i have extracted the audio into wav format and am using that instead of the audio that is in the avi file. When i try to encode, i ALWAYS get a "write error occured at address 77F8336F of module 'ntdll.dll' wtih 00000000"

any ideas on what i can do? Should i try and change the dll file?

Thanks

Minion  2003-07-02 20:37:12 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This error is Very common with DivX and XviD files and it is usually some sort of Problem with the Codec, Poeple have has good success useing "FFDshow Decoder" as the decoder instead of the DivX and Xvid Codecs...So just try installing the "FFDShow Decoder" and configure it to decode DivX and XviD files and this should stop the error from occuring...

Request - TDA1 - useless error message No.48626
Dr. Seltsam  2003-07-01 18:32:51 ( ID:mjsenf9mkej )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Let`s say I have a track with the first movie file in AC3 sound. When I try to add a second file with Linear PCM sound, an error message says:
"Character-string `%` is not correct or does not equal to quoted number"

I had no idea what this mean, but after some time I remembered that it is not possible to mix different audio modes in one track. But the error message should be clearer, maybe with a suggestion to add a new track and insert the movie file there.

Question - TE25 - there are no pictures but only sound No.37767
Azn  2003-07-01 14:53:35 ( ID:.udbabei9ar )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I just started to use the EMPGEnc and I'm having trouble w/ some of the avi files that i had. I tried to convert them to VCD and it was able to but there weren't any picture or movement only sound and some were able to see but there are no sound. Well, only some of them are like that and some of them work great. I wonder what is wrong. Is it codecs or beta or something? Can anyone please help??

Minion  2003-07-02 20:40:30 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well the No Picture can usually be fixed by going to "Options" to "Enviromental Settings" to "Vfapi Plugins" and Raise the "Direct show" to "2"...as for the No audio it is because the Audio in the AVI File is of a Format that is not supported By Tmpgenc, which means you would have to extract the audio from the AVI file to a Format that tmpgenc can Decode Like "WAV" Format...You can extract the audio with "AVI-Mux"........

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.