Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 150 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TAW4 address 0000b7a4 cristi b. 1 2010-04-07 10:06:05
Question TAW4 incomplete read of VOB by lastest xpress/authoring blackjoe 0 2010-04-02 22:57:43
Question TAW4 Size Handles pepegot1 2 2010-04-02 15:20:22
Free talk TE40 Updated to version 4.7.6.304 tkrave 0 2010-04-01 20:02:25
Question TAW4 Replace video file in track? Shade4 1 2010-04-01 19:59:55
Question TAW4 My own Menue and links without thumbnails Pete Rhodes 5 2010-04-02 02:10:26
Question TE25 VOB files to m2v mgjacob 1 2010-04-12 07:33:15
Bug report TE40 Renew Licence not working Dozerza 1 2010-03-31 17:46:30
Request TME3 Allow creation of non-compliant video Ken-NZ 3 2010-05-29 09:29:49
Question TAW4 Burn Hi-def AVCHD on DVD5/DVD9 Media? KenJ 0 2010-03-30 22:46:20
Question TE40 TMPGEnc Xpress 4.7.4.299 crashes at 50%; audio related Casanova Fly 0 2010-03-28 23:27:11
Question TE40 Don't see in pulldown menu for Quick Time Avid Codec DNxHD 145 Mickeyfilm 1 2010-03-26 17:26:30

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 150 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Question - TAW4 - address 0000b7a4 No.62698
cristi b.  2010-04-03 14:18:32 ( ID:xprdq4qxi4m )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi
i have a problem with TMPGEnc Authoring Works 4.0.2.14
at start say "at address 0000b7a4 , read error occurred against address 0000b7a4"
please help me
thanks

piccolo135  2010-04-07 10:06:05 ( ID:syktnfge1qh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try here

//forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=55175

Question - TAW4 - incomplete read of VOB by lastest xpress/authoring No.62697
blackjoe  2010-04-02 22:57:43 ( ID:5vci0ij4ha6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

reads in 3 8CM SONY DVD recorded by DVD405 camcorder, 1DVD 1st 1GB VOB only reads in 2min. This problem not exists on old version ConvertxToDVD, and the 1GB VOB plays well ob VLC.
funny thing is that TMPG seems never check whether it reads to the end of input file.

Question - TAW4 - Size Handles No.62694
pepegot1  2010-04-02 00:46:52 ( ID:ruekz3xuxrn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I create a custom frame, which I import to a menu item to be surrounded by the frame. However, the size handles reach to the end of the work area making it impossible to place the frame on the object properly. There is no Ctrl+O, as in Photoshop, to preclude this problem. Does anyone know if there is a way to make the size handles smaller(closer to the frame) in order to make it function?

tkrave  2010-04-02 02:12:47 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Are you talking about the frame effect for menu items? Or is this a separate image that you're placing on top of a menu item. Can you show a screenshot? I've never seen the handles go outside of the menu boundries.

pepegot1  2010-04-02 15:20:22 ( ID:ruekz3xuxrn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I create the frame and apply it using "Add Picture" Some frames work, others do not. Could be size of frame, but no guidance is provided. The stretch handle is at the top and can move no higher.
I don't see a mechanism for attaching a file for upload. I could email it to you, if that's OK?

Free talk - TE40 - Updated to version 4.7.6.304 No.59372
tkrave  2010-04-01 20:02:25 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TMPGEnc has been updated to version 4.7.6.304.
Looks like CUDA support has been updated so people who were having problems with the latest drivers might want to get this update.
Driver version 190.38 or higher now required for CUDA functionality.

Revision history page:
http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/download/te4xp_rireki.html

Question - TAW4 - Replace video file in track? No.62692
Shade4  2010-04-01 08:02:41 ( ID:m7wgmxexzia )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is there a way to replace the video file on a pre-existing track, keeping the audio file and chapters intact? Or do I just have to create a new track each time I make a revision to the video?

tkrave  2010-04-01 19:59:55 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm not entirely sure I'm understanding what you're asking, but if you want to keep your audio and chapters but change the video source, then it's possible but you have to go the other way around. In other words, you can replace the audio and import a keyframe list (your chapter marks) in your new video.

First, export the keyframe list from your original video clip (Cut-edit window--> Edit menu --> Export keyframe list).

Then you can add your new video clip to your track and in the Clip properties window, change the audio source to the audio of your old video.

In the Cut-edit window, import the keyframe list you just saved from your old video.

Question - TAW4 - My own Menue and links without thumbnails No.62686
Pete Rhodes  2010-04-01 07:22:00 ( ID:pdmujybkpg. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

As I don't like thumbnails on my menu, how do I do the following.

If you could give a step by step look at how I would:
(a) from a menu picture of my choice, place a button that would link to the first movie, and then on completion come back to the menu.

I don't want to have, multible pages or thumbnails.
So basically I want to be able to place opening page, with linked buttons
If I can do this Authoring works, will now be regarded as the best in the world.
regards
Pete
Melbourne Australia

tkrave  2010-04-01 19:44:19 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

1.) First, start a Custom menu:
http://i40.tinypic.com/1zzq053.png

2.) When you get to the layout page, select a layout that has the same number of tracks in your project. If you have two tracks, select a layout with 2 tracks.
http://i42.tinypic.com/2whjfiq.png

3.) When you get to the Menu Composition page, select "Top menu only." This will ensure you don't have chapter menus.
http://i43.tinypic.com/31617jq.png

4.) Next is the Playback settings. Set Track end playback to return to the Top menu. This will ensure that after a track is done playing, it will return you to the Top menu instead of going to the next track.
http://i44.tinypic.com/11ke7wk.png

5.) So now you have a basic menu, with thumbnails you don't want. Double-click on the thumbnail to open the menu item editor.
http://i41.tinypic.com/24q1ms0.png

6.) In the menu item editor, you can replace the thumbnail with a picture of your choice. Click on the "File browser" button to select an image from your hard drive.
http://i41.tinypic.com/21cdyky.png

7.) You now have your own image instead of the thumbnail; resize it as you wish.
http://i39.tinypic.com/34fjew8.png

You may not want the text items such as the track name. You can't delete it completely, but you can hide it by deleting the text. Double-click on it to open the menu item editor and delete the text.

You can also change the background image in the same way you changed the thumbnail. You can also add other image or text items.

Remember that you cannot add or delete functional buttons (play, track buttons, etc.) so you either have to alter the way they look or hide them if you don't want them at all.

You can also make a custom button set that shows up in the custom menu wizard by using the Menu Item Tool found in the Start stage --> Advanced Tools.

Pete  2010-04-02 01:04:45 ( ID:pdmujybkpg. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi TKrave,
Thanks you for your vey conscise description. It's the best authoring program around, and now thanks to you it's even better.
regards
pete
Melbourne Australia

Pete  2010-04-02 01:38:50 ( ID:pdmujybkpg. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi Mate, one more question'
One of your answers was 6.)
"In the menu item editor, you can replace the thumbnail with a picture of your choice. Click on the "File browser" button to select an image from your hard drive.
http://i41.tinypic.com/21cdyky.png"

Can I completely delete ANY picture, as the project I'm working on is a boat test DVD, and I have 14 models, that I would like linked o the one page with TEXT only.
regards
Pete

tkrave  2010-04-02 02:05:33 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you want text only links (no thumbnails at all), then select a text only layout in the menu wizard.

For instance, in this screenshot you'd pick a layout like "#02 16:9(D)" (the one to the right of the selected layout).
http://i42.tinypic.com/2whjfiq.png

If you need an image to accompany your text link, just add a new picture menu item. However, this picture won't be linked to anything.

I should also add that while you can't delete buttons or certain menu items, you can choose not to display them by going to the Global Menu Settings (found in the Menu stage). From here, you can select what items will be displayed.
http://i39.tinypic.com/2q80z8y.png

Pete  2010-04-02 02:10:26 ( ID:pdmujybkpg. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Again thanks for your quick response
regards
pete

Question - TE25 - VOB files to m2v No.43764
mgjacob  2010-03-31 21:20:02 ( ID:egj2onfvxwm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I need to convert files on a DVD (BUP, VOB, and IFO) to m2v. I can't get the program to choose any of these files as a source. What am I doing wrong?

Steve Thompson  2010-04-12 07:33:15 ( ID:bg81bjlsg/w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I need to convert a VOB I do the following.

I use a freeware version VOB convertor and save it out as an .MOV file. I take this file into Adobe Premiere where I export that out as an uncompressed .AVI file. From there I take it into TMPGenc and make an Mv2 file.

It doesn't take long and I get great results.

Take Care,
Steve

Bug report - TE40 - Renew Licence not working No.59370
Dozerza  2010-03-31 13:46:30 ( ID:n7fxstzpxy. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi

I have been having trouble running my TMPGenc. Whenever i run it, it wants to do a licence renewal and then it just fails. The error message doesnt help either:"An error ocured while retrieving the licence.Refer to details below.The"
There is now description after the "the in the sentence.
Please help.

tkrave  2010-03-31 17:46:30 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think you should contact user support about that.

http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/support/support.html

Request - TME3 - Allow creation of non-compliant video No.61192
Ken-NZ  2010-03-31 09:10:47 ( ID:js0dn86gvt. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

SHORT DESCRIPTION:
Currently saving an MPEG file where the image size is non compliant for DVD output prevents the user from outputting their project as an MPEG file for DVD ('MPEG2 Progam' I assume). Please change this to a pop-up warning that explains that this may result in video that can't play on some DVD players etc. but still ALLOWS the creation of the file if the user wishes to continue. ie. Let me output non-compliant video if I want to, rather than forcing me into an extremely narrow template!

LONG DESCRIPTION:
The source MPEG files I have to work with have an image size of 544x576. They are encoded with a ratio of 4:3 so they display fine. I use TMPGEnc MPEG Editor 3 to trim the files as necessary and sometimes splice two files together to eliminate visual errors in one source that are not present in another. Everything is great until I wish to output the files. Because the image size is not part of the standard DVD sizes I am forced to output as 'Common MPEG File'. This produces a file that then needs to be re-encoded (or at least requires time to process it again) when I later create a DVD. It would be good if the editor could be changed so that this compliance is not so strictly enforced as to be impossible to achieve what the user wants. Instead it would be better if users were warned of the possible consequences of their actions, but given the choice. My experience with DVD's burned with these non-compliant image sizes has been positive and I would appreciate being able to output my project as an 'MPEG for DVD' if I want to. Otherwise my time and workflow have to increase significantly - a little disappointing considering the price of the software. Being 'user friendly' is good - until it removes important power of choice from the user.

PS. I am assuming that TMPGEnc MPEG Editor 3 is capable of producing DVD compliant MPEG2 files that don't need reencoding/processing? When I output an elementary stream of audio+video, and then combine them via the Multiplexer in the MPEG Tools, the file still comes out needing reencoding even though I chose MPEG2 Progam as the output from the drop down menu. If I take the same streams and combine them in Avidemux (a free piece of software I might add...) and chose MPEG PS (program stream) it produces the correct file that does not need reencoding... Whats wrong with TMPGEnc MPEG Editor 3?

tkrave  2010-04-13 03:04:40 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you want to output non-compliant MPEG-2 then using using the "Common MPEG file" should be fine for your needs. Being able to select "MPEG file for DVD" and then choosing to keep it non-complaint wouldn't change anything because you'd essentially want the exact same file. In other words, what exactly do you want to change about the file?

I guess I just don't understand what the problem is; you have a non-compliant MPEG-2 file and you want to output it as a non-compliant MPEG-2 file. Using "Common MPEG file" does that.

What program are you using to create your DVD's? That's the program that needs to accept non-compliant video and keep it non-compliant.

If you're talking about the DVD-Video output profile, then your problem makes a bit more sense, since you can actually burn a disc using that profile.

Ken-NZ  2010-05-26 18:29:30 ( ID:phnsv28zvbn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm sorry if my explanation was not as clear as it could be. I'll try to make it a bit more understandable, even though I don't expect the outcome with the MPEG editor to change anytime soon.

Essentially I need TMPGEnc MPEG Editor 3 to output an MPEG with the correct structure for it to be burnt straight to DVD without any re-encoding. I assume the 'DVD-VIDEO' and/or the 'MPEG for DVD' options do this. Unfortunately, as it stands, TMPEGEnc MPEG Editor 3 will not let me use these options if the image size is not part of the DVD standard, hence my problem as mentioned previously.

A DVD player will happily play an MPEG with the correct structure and a non-standard image size. It will not so happily play an MPEG with the wrong structure. A 'Common MPEG' file has the wrong structure, hence the need for re-encoding. I know little about these things but I suspect it is due to the fact that a Common MPEG does not have a header at the start of every GOP like a DVD MPEG file does (That was the best conclusion I could come up with after comparing a Common MPEG file from TMPGEnc MPEG Editor 3 with a known compliant DVD MPEG file, using MPEG Inspector).

Having to re-encode, or, more accurately, re-structure the files outputted by TMPGEnc MPEG Editor is a nuisance, and adds extra time to my work-flow. I would love to see Pegasys modify the editor to put some more power/choice into my hands instead of the current inflexible options. It only needs to be as simple as ALLOWING non-standard image sizes when creating an 'MPEG for DVD' and creating ONE simple warning pop-up if they wish to.

tkrave  2010-05-29 09:29:49 ( ID:rtaw9vhji5c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Understood.

Currently, TME3 can accept non-compliant bitrates (it gives you a warning just as you describe), so your request might be possible.

Question - TAW4 - Burn Hi-def AVCHD on DVD5/DVD9 Media? No.62685
KenJ  2010-03-30 22:46:20 ( ID:0/locd1bapj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TMPGEnc seems to be a wonderful application. However, I require burning high definition AVCHD to conventional DVD media. I tried with the trial download and was informed that I don't have a proper Blu-ray burner. Is this possible, knowing the proper configuration or should I look for another application?

Question - TE40 - TMPGEnc Xpress 4.7.4.299 crashes at 50%; audio related No.59369
Casanova Fly  2010-03-28 23:27:11 ( ID:xwwfkq7hp8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

While converting MKVs to WMV using 2 pass CBR, at 50% about half of the files I convert will receive an error and the program will crash.

I've deduced it enough to be audio-related. I used to import separate audio and video streams and didn't have the problem until I fixed the need for separate imports. I use AC3filter, and now whenever it gets to 50% it crashes. However, if I go back to my old ways and import the audio separately, it doesn't crash. I have a feeling it's gotta be something to do with my AC3 settings.

Any ideas?

Question - TE40 - Don't see in pulldown menu for Quick Time Avid Codec DNxHD 145 No.59367
Mickeyfilm  2010-03-25 18:54:11 ( ID:8m5hwrfvhvj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Someone answered to pull down the menu for convert to... quicktime, but I don't see Quick Time Avid Codec DNxHD 145

Mickey

tkrave  2010-03-26 17:26:30 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Do you have the right codec installed? Maybe you only have the codecs for decoding.

I was able to download and install the codec, and now I'm able to select it in the QuickTime Compression Settings.

Here's where I got them from:
http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/selfservice/search.jsp?DocId=263545

Screenshot of 4.0 XPress Quicktime compression settings:
http://i40.tinypic.com/166i0q9.png

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.