Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 117 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TAW4 Menu Information Needed Voyager 0 2011-04-15 21:02:33
Question TAW4 dts hd ch2727 1 2011-04-19 10:01:53
Question TAW4 User license in a new notebook Slfreire 1 2011-04-19 10:00:09
Question TE25 System crashes when using Tmpgenc free version Tedd 0 2011-04-12 13:55:41
Question TAW4 legal warning clip autopalying before top menu patrick disperier 2 2011-04-19 10:07:27
Question TVMW5 BBS Pass Through Audio bungholio 2 2011-05-07 04:10:00
Request TVMW5 BBS Risizing and aspect ratio Dima 1 2011-04-09 03:04:01
Question TAW4 TOP OR BOTTOM FILED FIRST FOR DV VIDEO ON BLU RAY DISC emidio 0 2011-04-07 20:09:38
Question TE40 framerate question for mpeg-4 encoding bert 0 2011-04-07 04:27:18
Question TAW4 How to set play buttons to chapters ? keyop 3 2011-04-19 10:09:59
Question TAW4 Some help with creating a simple Blu-ray menu ? keyop 1 2011-04-08 20:57:44
Question TVMW5 BBS Illegal Floating Decimal Point error Bob 0 2011-04-06 09:15:48

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 117 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Question - TAW4 - Menu Information Needed No.64574
Voyager  2011-04-15 21:02:33 ( ID:6/jmpijdjuf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have two mini anime series episodes in 720p that i want to put on blu-ray disk. What i want to do is have a menu with both series start button on the main menu and when clicked takes me to a menu with the choice of episodes. Can this be done and if so how.

Question - TAW4 - dts hd No.64572
ch2727  2011-04-14 16:04:56 ( ID:oxropgtjkgr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

does the tmpgenc a.w.4 support dts hd or true hd

tkrave  2011-04-19 10:01:53 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

no

Question - TAW4 - User license in a new notebook No.64569
Slfreire  2011-04-12 18:26:07 ( ID:8ulwkypufek )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have decided to buy a brand new notebook and I am concerning if I can use my TMPEnc Authoring 4 actual user license into the new one computer. Will it work or I would have problems? Thanks in advance. Slfreire

tkrave  2011-04-19 10:00:09 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Should work, just don't use it on two computers at once, or do multiple installs on different computers in a short period of time.

Question - TE25 - System crashes when using Tmpgenc free version No.64567
Tedd  2011-04-12 13:55:41 ( ID:ffsjx1sedkk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have been using Tmpgenc for years. I love it. Not long ago I switched to
Mozilla Firefox. Can't take explorer anymore. Not long after I started having system crashes when using Tmpgenc.

The system doesn't crash every time I use Tmpgenc, but when it does crash, I am
either opening a Tmpgenc editing session or one is ending.

It has gotten on my last nerve. Someone on a forum suggested it could be a flash
problem. I uninstalled flash and had the same problem.

Can't find any virus's on the system.

Anyone out there care to opine?

Question - TAW4 - legal warning clip autopalying before top menu No.64566
patrick disperier  2011-04-11 21:49:52 ( ID:/nrb7o.mnej )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi everybody !
Is it possible to buid a menu (in this case DVD)in order to have a legal warning clip or text displaying automatically and remaining independant of the menu itsef.
Up to now, I could obtain this with "play header track only" in the options, but the problem is that this warning clip is also displayed from the play all button in the top menu.I tried to play with the link editor with no result.
Does anyone have a solution?
Many thanks in advance for responses

donp  2011-04-12 21:02:43 ( ID:8o4cienbi6h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Make it a Play First item that is ahead of the menu?

tkrave  2011-04-19 10:07:27 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes, add a "firstplay" track in the Source stage. Click on the downward arrow next to the "Add a track" button and select "Add a firstplay track". Any clip in your firstplay track will play once you insert the disc in the player; after that, it shouldn't play again.

Question - TVMW5 BBS - Pass Through Audio No.64565
bungholio  2011-04-11 20:11:39 ( ID:lhlfwbnrt72 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I really like the new software, is there anyway to use the original source audio instead of re-encoding it?

davesocal  2011-05-07 03:30:31 ( ID:xawsfw3g8s2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thank you for the suggestions.

I look in preferrences under CPU/GPU and see all the following enabled:
Enable MMX, Enable MMX-2, Enable SSE, Enable SSE2, Enable SSE3, Enable SSSE3,
Enable SSE4.

Also shows:
Physical CPu: 1
Core: 4
Logical CPU: 4

Other items are greyed out.

Any one know of any settings that need to be changed?

thx :)

davesocal  2011-05-07 04:10:00 ( ID:xawsfw3g8s2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Whoops! Don't know how my last message ended up here. :(

RE: Pass-through audio
Process your video as Elementary video-only (NOT process the audio) when you transcode the video. Then add the original audio back in when you author your finished video.

If your video/audio comes to you in the original container, use the MPEG Tools and demux the video/audio first and then just transcode the video. Or if TMPGEnc MW5 can't read the demuxed video file, then process your original file as Elementary (video only).

You didn't mention anything else about your workflow so I hope this helps.

Request - TVMW5 BBS - Risizing and aspect ratio No.64563
Dima  2011-04-09 02:47:39 ( ID:tiupqbxydxa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, your Video Mastering software is amazing! I've been trying the trial version and completely impressed by MPEG2 and AVC/MKV encoding features, and prepared to buy the full version. There's just one thing that's missing, and would extremely help me. I'm converting video from 8mm tapes, using Matrox MXO2 mini capture box, capturing uncompressed AVI files at 720x576.
My videos have some tape distortion on the bottom and tiny distortions or black lines on the top and sides. I crop those distortions to get the pure video. Now I'm trying to convert the video using x264 encoding at 1280x720 50fps (deinterlaced), which does look nice on several TVs I tried. The issue I'm having is related to cropping and getting the right display ratio.

The closest thing that I found so far is if I set 1280x720 with 'Display 4:3' option. If I crop the way I want it, the software records little black bars on the bottom screen. Now if I tweak the cropping, by cropping more on the sides, then it perfectly creates the full screen video. But this way I do loose some little recording on the sides. Would it be possible to have a custom display aspect ratio choice, or if the software could automatically set the right aspect ratio of (for ex:) 720x576 full screen PAL video, based on the cropping done?

Thanks!

Dima  2011-04-09 03:04:01 ( ID:tiupqbxydxa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What I mean is instead of the software having to record the black bars, I'd like the codec to correctly create the black bars on the sides, based on how I cropped the video, maintaining the correct aspect ratio by the codec, of the new cropped video :-)

Question - TAW4 - TOP OR BOTTOM FILED FIRST FOR DV VIDEO ON BLU RAY DISC No.64557
emidio  2011-04-07 20:09:38 ( ID:2t9o6xxogph )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a dubt
If i put a avhcd video on blu ray disc i have to click on TOP (UPPER) FIELD FIRST
But now i want to Put my old dv video (AVI DV) on a blu ray disc. I have to click on Top or Low field first?
tHANKS
EMIDIO

Question - TE40 - framerate question for mpeg-4 encoding No.64555
bert  2011-04-07 04:27:18 ( ID:mcyorbr7no6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am wondering if I have a .m2t file that I am frameserving out of premiere that is 29.97 interlaced, can I encode it to .mp4 at 30fps progressive or more likely a 29.97 progressive framerate or should I keep the 29.97 interlaced framerate and de-interlace it? I am uploading it to vimeo and I am having a hard time seeing any difference but 30fps I know should probably not be my best option.

Question - TAW4 - How to set play buttons to chapters ? No.64554
keyop  2011-04-07 02:31:04 ( ID:zonvkuk6.0k )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've managed to create a simple Blu-ray menu in TAW4.

It has a title screen consisting of PLAY ['play track button'] and CHAPTER ['chapter menu button'].

During simulation, pressing CHAPTER takes me into pages 1,2,3 etc. which feature 'thumbnail of chapter' and 'play track buttons', as well as 'go to the next page' and 'previous page' buttons.

However, while clicking the thumbnail picture correctly takes the viewer to the appropriate chapter, clicking on PLAY in these pages always starts the film at the beginning. What I need is for PLAY within the 'chapter' pages to also take the viewer to the appropriate chapter, just like the thumbnail does.

I'm stuck at how to change the PLAY button in the chapter pages to not start at the beginning but jump to the appropriate chapter, while retaining the title menu PLAY as 'play all'.

Any help on how I can achieve my goal?

tkrave  2011-04-08 04:53:05 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The Play button refers to Playing the track from the beginning; it can't be set to play from whatever chapter page you're on. To start playing from a specific chapter, you would use the chapter thumbnails/text. It might be more intuitive to remove the Play button from all but the first chapter page.

DWP  2011-04-08 21:36:28 ( ID:8o4cienbi6h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Play may also start the play at which ever button is highlight. Move the lighlight with the navigation/cursor buttons. The default if no button is highlighted is the first chapter.

tkrave  2011-04-19 10:09:59 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

keyop is talking about the play button in the menu, not the play button on the remote.

Question - TAW4 - Some help with creating a simple Blu-ray menu ? No.64552
keyop  2011-04-06 22:11:24 ( ID:zonvkuk6.0k )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm new to TMPGenc Authoring Works 4, which I have chosen as a Blu-ray authoring tool because my usual editor/DVD creator Avid Liquid does not have such facilities.

In Liquid, I usually create simple DVD menus consisting of a static background picture, no sound, a list of chapters in plain text, and buttons alongside those chapters for navigation via DVD player remote control.

I'm trying to emulate this approach in TAW4 but am a bit stuck in dealing with the chapters.

So far I have successfully created a background by importing the same picture used in my DVDs from Liquid. Then I have created some chapter titles in a similar plain text. My first question is, can I make my chapter text objects function as buttons? So the DVD remote can simply flick up and down them with each one becoming highlighted? This means I will not need buttons alongside my chapter titles, since the chapter titles are buttons themselves. If this is possible, could someone offer a brief workflow through TAW4 to help achieve my goal? I can't seem to find a function to assign created text objects to chapters.

My second question is, if it is not possible to make text items function as buttons, how would you go about creating a simple menu structure like I mention above? I just want the one page (i.e. TITLE PAGE) with half a dozen buttons displayed on that same page available for chapter navigation.

I think I'm getting a little lost with the Menu Creation Wizard in that I'm not sure from the onscreen information just which format I should be choosing. There seems to be a lot of reference to 'TRACKS', but all I want is one basic title menu with a 'play all' and the option to select different CHAPTERS in the video.

I need to manufacture a Blu-ray quite quickly for a client, so would much appreciate any guidance with regards to my simple menu requirements from any experienced users of TAW4.

Also, when I have created chapters in 'source' with 'marks the current frame as a chapter entry', when I press the 'moves the playhead to the next chapter of the source' button it does not do this... but instead seems to advance the playhead by exactly 15 frames at a time. I don't understand this - how do I make the playhead jump to my next chapter correctly?

donp  2011-04-08 20:57:44 ( ID:8o4cienbi6h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can't answer the question directly. Have not been usign AW4 long enought to have it fully committtd to memory and am not at my edit machine.

With taht in mind, my breaktrough in lerning to use AW4 (after yeasr with Encore and ReelDVD) was to realize that when you first create a menu structure you get full plate of features in it, and you make the changes in large part by deleting, inactivating, changing, or making transparent the items you do not want, and by adjusting some attributes of the menu and menu items. Lots for featutes tucked away in the nooks and crannies of the program.

I've also used it to create both DVD and BD from the same HDV media files and menu. Copy the media files from you DVD project to a new BD project. Save the DVD menua s a custom template, then apply that customtemplate to the BD project menu. The chapter points, navigation, links, buttin still images, etc. all carry over. The only thing I noticed that might not make it is some of the button attributs (e.g., highlight frames).

FWIW: I was a Liquid user, but switched to Edius 5.51 last year to deal with AVCHD and am a happy happy camper. Never really used the DVD creation side of LE.

Question - TVMW5 BBS - Illegal Floating Decimal Point error No.64550
Bob  2011-04-06 09:15:48 ( ID:u96a1mykrxo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I just installed the trial version. I've been using Express 4.0 with no problems but wanted to try the latest. I'm getting an error right away whenever I try to encode something, does not matter what it is, I always get this error:

http://www.panix.com/~am_dew/error.jpg

Any ideas?

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.