Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 108 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TVMW5 BBS cuda dhardjono 2 2011-08-11 03:31:25
Question TVMW5 BBS VC1 (ES) encoding for blu-ray: possible benoitm 4 2012-03-06 17:20:14
Question TAW4 Import Chapters michaelshk 0 2011-08-10 02:05:47
Request TVMW5 BBS allow setting 16-235 or 0-255 range at import stage benoitm 0 2011-08-09 23:52:20
Question TAW4 TAW-4 not rendering the menus of files KCTexan 2 2012-01-13 08:12:11
Question TAW4 AVCHD OUTPUT WITH MPEG4/AVC UBAID 0 2011-08-08 09:14:26
Question TE40 why does all of TMPGEnc software want to interlace? and how do I stop it from resizing? Onceler 1 2012-07-26 14:57:43
Question TVMW5 BBS Windows MovieMaker twice as fast? TF 1 2011-08-09 02:13:48
Request TAW4 BD-XL: support soon? alexago 0 2011-08-02 19:01:42
Question TVMW5 BBS DTS + automatic resize Onceler 4 2012-11-08 16:47:10
Question TVMW5 BBS Increase Performance to join clips Janaka 2 2011-07-27 16:42:33
Question TAW4 page menu sachem 3 2011-08-09 03:44:34

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 108 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Question - TVMW5 BBS - cuda No.65051
dhardjono  Home )  2011-08-10 21:59:57 ( ID:bl2ebzkpd26 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 1.2GB 16X PCIe Video Card

Will this card work with cuda engine spur?

the cuda what better speed will i get than i have now?

tkrave  2011-08-11 03:20:03 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Should work; I'm using a GTX 460.
The Cuda functions should help speed if you add a lot of filters to your video. You can also use it to encode H.264 but it may or may not be faster--depends on how fast your CPU is.

danny  Home )  2011-08-11 03:31:25 ( ID:bl2ebzkpd26 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ok thanks mine is also over clock i will try it

Core™ i7-950 3.06 GHz

Question - TVMW5 BBS - VC1 (ES) encoding for blu-ray: possible No.65049
benoitm  2011-08-10 17:46:40 ( ID:4uvytszflrw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is it possible to encode 1080i video in VC-1 elementary stream using TVMW5 ?

I understand selecting "Windows Media Video 9 Advanced Profile" produces VC-1 video (and allows for interlaced output), but the output container is always .wmv, with or without audio.
My authoring program (Sonic DVD it) expects .vc1 as (ES) as file format for VC-1 video (SMPTE VC-1 (elementary streams only): AP@L3 and AP@L2 ).
Will simply renaming the xxx.wmv file produced by TVWM5 to XXX.vc1 do the trick ?

Or is a true VC-1 elementary stream a different animal ?

benoitm  2011-08-10 18:21:30 ( ID:4uvytszflrw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

BTW, I noticed that although Microsoft Expression encoder is installed on my computer, TVMW5 only uses the "old" VC-1 implementation, i.e. "WMV9 Advanced Profile".
There is a difference in the produced output:
With Microsoft Expression Encoder, MediaInfo reports:
Format : VC-1
Format profile : AP@L2
Codec ID : WVC1
Codec ID/Hint : Microsoft
Description of the codec : VC-1 - VC-1 Advanced Profile

and with TVMW5:
Format : VC-1
Format profile : AP@L2
Codec ID : WVC1
Codec ID/Hint : Microsoft
Description of the codec : Windows Media Video 9 Advanced Profile

But does that have an impact on the Blu-ray compliance of the produced video stream ?

benoitm  2011-11-09 19:46:42 ( ID:dz5isaz6tfk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

"Is it possible to encode 1080i video in VC-1 elementary stream using TVMW5" ?

Anyone ?

darkio  2012-03-01 05:16:57 ( ID:2vxdbdkbtrw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Impossible with any sofware....You can put your vc1 elementary stream into mkv using graph edit firt with matroska muxer filter or new VLC video player can put it into ps stream using convert option and without any encoding, like direct stream. That's works very well.
Cheers.

benoitm  2012-03-06 17:20:14 ( ID:4uvytszflrw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

OK, but how do I create a VC-1 elementary stream with TVMW5 ?

Question - TAW4 - Import Chapters No.65048
michaelshk  2011-08-10 02:05:47 ( ID:kc3bhgoufgc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is there a way to import chapter markers/points from an editing program?

Request - TVMW5 BBS - allow setting 16-235 or 0-255 range at import stage No.65046
benoitm  2011-08-09 23:52:20 ( ID:4uvytszflrw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It looks like TVMW5 is assuming that the input video uses the full RGB gamut (0-255), and hence, converts to "legal" video (RGB 16-235).
This is causing a problem (at least with some codecs) when the input video is already fully broadcast compliant and needs to be converted without affecting the color/luma values.
This problem occurs e.g. when using Avid's DNxHD codec in .mov containers as input file, to be converted to DVD-compliant MPEG2 files.
The solution would be, like in competitive products, to allow the user specify the color range of the input file (0-255 or 16-235) using a check box box or dropdown list at the "File Import / Clip Properties" page.

Question - TAW4 - TAW-4 not rendering the menus of files No.65044
KCTexan  2011-08-09 12:45:10 ( ID:ijwjk7a2shh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Having trouble with TAW-4 stalling at menu section of various video files when rendering files

from which to burn BR discs. It may stall right on the first page of the menu of the first video,

or accept that menu OK and then stall at a menu of a later file in the same set to be rendered.

And sometimes, it renders all the menus and video files just fine!

Just to go over my procedure, to see if you can find a bad setting: I open an MP4 file (captured

at 9Mb/s) in TAW-4, do not create a proxy file, accept all on the clip settings page. In the

Track Settings/Clip Linking, I Link the Clips (although choosing Do Not Link the Clips is of no

help). In Video tab, I choose "Re-encode all videos as below," use VBR (Smart rendering 1 pass

VBR; haven't tried CBR yet...), use 30000 max bit rate, 10000 Bitrate, and TAW-4 defaults to 9320

Min. bit rate. Leave Bitrate settings Picture quality at 90, and check the Always encode chapter

into I picture box. "Always encode chapter into I Picture" box
IS checked. In advanced settings: Motion search is Standard, "Outpute bitstream for editing

(closed GOP) box is not checked, Detect Scene Change box IS checked.
I then use the Edit feature to remove unwanted video before, during and after the show. I add

chapters at 5-minute intervals. I then go back to settings and add the title (something like

"Rolling Stones at Mt. Olympus ~ 1975, 1:47, 2011-08, R&R Network, 1.78:1."

Creating Menus: I have not tried the "No Menu" option, but will. However, normally I choose "16:9

aspect ratio menu in high definition" and Create a Menu based on a template." I have tried several

templates, but usually try one like Standard 1 (HD). Menu composition: Top and track menu. Disc

insertion action: Display the top menu. Track playback end action: Display the top menu. In the

actual menu creation section, I don't adjust any of the Top menu or Track 1 menu settings. I click

on Page 1 of the Top Menu, in which the title I added earlier, to the Settings field, appears. If the title is too wide to fit, I double-click on it and move part of it to a second or third line.

The simulation always seems to look and work fine. When it's time to Output, I set the target size to Blu-ray media (25 GB) size, since I always keep the Output size below the 22867Gb maximum.
I have tried both the regular Start Output and Register to Batch modes many times, but that doesn't seem to make a difference, either. (Users regularly say the batch mode uses less CPU memory, so is more reliable, but I can't bank on that.)

Anyway, I would be very appreciative of any suggestions you can offer, to change my settings and have TAW-4 finish authoring my files, without it hanging up on the menu portions of certain files.

KCTexan  2011-08-09 12:54:45 ( ID:ijwjk7a2shh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I knew I forgot something.... my system specs:
TMPGEnc Authoring Works 4. Software version: 4.1.0.47. PC processor: AMD Phenom II X4 910

2.60GHz. RAM 8 Gb. Ffree HDD space: 700 Gb. OS: Windows 7 64-bit Version. File system: NTFS.

DVD,DivX,BD Player: Samsung BD Player BD-D5250C. Software used to create source file:

Source: DirecTV HD-DVR. Capture device used to create source file: Hauppauge Colossus 1414
Input video file format: MP4. Input audio file format: PCM. BR writer: LG WH12LS30.
writing software: ImgBurn 2.5.5.0. Blu-Ray Disc media manufacturer: Optical Quantum. Media type:

BD-R, Inkjet printable.

Thanks again.... KCTexan

KCTexan  2012-01-13 08:12:11 ( ID:bkrvhdkyfaf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I solved my problem. I was trying to render .mp4 files, instead of M2TS or TS files. I also solved a problem with rendered files being out of audio and video synchronization. I was capturing video from one program at the same time I was rendering other files on TAW-4. This was causing the audio and video of captured files to be out of sync. When I stopped rendering and capturing at the same time, my captured files rendered just fine, with perfect sync.

Question - TAW4 - AVCHD OUTPUT WITH MPEG4/AVC No.65038
UBAID  2011-08-08 09:14:26 ( ID:ekybhgvxwza )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I WANT TO CREATE AVCHD DISC WITH OUTPUT SUPPORT OF MPEG4/AVC OR H.264 CODEC USE. RATHER THAN MPEG2. I THINK THIS FEATURES ROCKS. I PURCHASED TAW4 WITHOUT HESITATE
. LIKE YOU SUPPORT THIS CODEC IN VIDEO MASTERING 5.
THANKS

Question - TE40 - why does all of TMPGEnc software want to interlace? and how do I stop it from resizing? No.65035
Onceler  2011-08-07 21:17:21 ( ID:b37zgcnkqx. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

in filters the resize one is always on and it wants to resize to 320X240 with high quality interlace
Even though I choose progressive authoring works recognizes the files as interlaced.

tkrave  2011-08-09 02:04:12 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The resize and deinterlace filter is always on because their parameters can be set from the Format Stage of the program. So in the Format stage, make sure you select the output size you want and choose progressive if that's what you want.

Question - TVMW5 BBS - Windows MovieMaker twice as fast? No.65030
TF  2011-08-06 02:18:27 ( ID:yyf9xwk7awf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello,

I have a Sony HD camcorder (1440x1080) and my goal is to combine all of the segments into a single file and keep the same quality of the source MTS files.

System
* 32-bit Win7 w/ 4GB RAM (Dual Core 1.83Ghz Intel Core2)
* Windows Live Moviemaker and TMPGEnc Video Masterworks 5 are installed
* No other software installed

Results: Windows Live MovieMaker
* When I do this with Windows Live MovieMaker (on Win7), it takes about 24hrs to complete 2hrs worth of video (again, MovieMaker is keeping the resolution).
* The output file is WMV

Results: TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 5 (v5.0.6.38)
* It takes 48hrs to complete whether the output file is WMV or MPG
* Filter Settings: Tried de-interlace when necessary & always (takes the same amount of time)
* Bitrate: I have tried various bitrate levels (25,000 down to 5,000) - it still takes 2 days.
* Also tried CBR 1-pass and 2-pass as well as VBR settings
* When outputting to WMV, I tried various quality levels

*** Question ***
* Outside of purchasing faster HW, is there anything I can do to speed up TMPGEnc for this? I can't figure out why MovieMaker is 2x as fast - especially since I am using a limited # of filters (de-interlace).
* I'm open to outputing to almost any format if that will help

Thanks!

tkrave  2011-08-09 02:13:48 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There should be a difference in speed between MPEG2 and WMV output. If they are both the same, then something else is limiting the speed. Are these videos on your internal hard drive or are they being read from an external source? Try doing some test outputs with a shorter video (like 1 or 2 minutes long); that way you don't have to waste two days waiting for the output. What are the output settings in Windows MovieMaker?

Request - TAW4 - BD-XL: support soon? No.65024
alexago  2011-08-02 19:01:42 ( ID:whncgwln1bn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

there is any plan to support BD-XL authoring?

Thanks in advance

Question - TVMW5 BBS - DTS + automatic resize No.65005
Onceler  2011-07-27 06:44:01 ( ID:f7onq6owg2m )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

will this product ever support importing from sources that have dts audio and will it ever have automatic resize to cut the black bars from bluray when making an MKV without having to purchase yet another version of this product to do so?

tkrave  2011-07-29 02:54:42 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

DTS audio might come later; I don't know for sure though. If it does come within this version, the update will probably be free.

As for resizing, there isn't an automatic resize option, but you can do it manually with the resize and crop filters.

Reg32  2011-08-01 08:51:31 ( ID:atdufqnp78o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

people have been asking for AutoResize (AutoCrop) for ages,

version 2, no
version 3, no
version 4, no again.

version 5, no again.

an option that you will find in nearly ALL!!!! open source converting software, and yet this commercial product does not have it STILL!!!

it is off my opinion that the developers should feel ashamed of themselves for still not have such a basic yet so important feature.

programs that have autocrop (confirmed)

FairUse Wizard
MeGUI
Nero
StaxRip
Handbrake (VidCoder)
BD Rebuilder
BDtoAVCHD
AVCHDCoder
XviD4PSP

the above are ones that i have confirmed, there are many more though that do have it, it's a basic feature that is standard in most video conversion software, even NERO has it, and there usually behind in such things....not so behind in this situation.

for several years we have been waiting for autocrop.... and NOTHING, manual cropping....what a joke.

DMXTS  2011-08-29 07:22:47 ( ID:ul53wt.xs1. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

LOL - that autocropping feature of those freeware softs has some shortcomings.

And it does not take that long to adjust the cropping to your video.

BTW, TVMW5 CAN import video source files with DTS (through the DirectShow filter of course)- you can create a file with only the video and then use the MKVToolnix to load your files and select the audio-video tracks you wish and mux it into an mkv.

BUT, I also get the point: as a customer of this software, for $99 I would expect a bit more interest from the developers to implement highly requested features.

Reg32  2012-11-08 16:47:10 ( ID:atdufqnp78o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

"And it does not take that long to adjust the cropping to your video."

you are joking me right, clearly you have never tried doing a Episodic series have you!

Startrek DS9 - 176 Episodes (each one needing there own autodrop values)
" TNG - 178 Episodes (each one needing there own autodrop values)
" Voyager 172 Episodes (each one needing there own autodrop values)

Stargate-SG1 - 214 Episodes (each one needing there own autodrop values)

need i go on, TMPGEnc products makes the above projects futile, you just can't do them because having to manually crop each episode (which must be done as each episode requires different crop values from each other) is completely absurd, which i'm sorry to say even still now 08/11/12 with there lastest version still no "Autocrop" function.....

"And it does not take that long to adjust the cropping to your video."

take that time and now mutiply it by 740 times if one would do the above project.... now what was it you were saying about time and cropping manually!

WE NEED A AUTOCROP FOR THIS PRODUCT....... WHY HAS IT STILL NOT BEEN DONE

(there are other forum members around that laugh at this FACT, yet can you really blame them)

Question - TVMW5 BBS - Increase Performance to join clips No.65000
Janaka  2011-07-26 13:18:23 ( ID:kc.eixygfbm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, I'm not sure whether this has been addressed somewhere else in this forum. I'm trying to join 1280 X 720/60fps clips (100s of them ) in to single file, just 2 hr video. TMVMW5 is taking 25 hrs (more than a day to complete this) which is very long. Only issue I'm using Intel mobile processor and 4G ram. Is there anything I can do to improve this ? I have tried other options to run it in highest priority without significant improvement. Thanks for any help.

tkrave  2011-07-27 05:53:14 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Getting a better/faster processor will help the most I'd say.

For instance, if I use my old P4 3GHz, it takes over an hour to convert 6 minutes of 1080p video with deinterlace, fade-in/out filters applied. If I use a i7, it's practically real-time. A CUDA graphics card might also help, but only if you are applying filters or using the CUDA encoder.

Janaka  2011-07-27 16:42:33 ( ID:p.9n4sy01qg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thank you so much for the reply,
The processor is Intel Core 2 Duo U9400 1.4 GHz. But no CUDA. No filters applied just default deinterlace & join. I thought there should be a configuration to speed it up.

Question - TAW4 - page menu No.64999
sachem  2011-07-25 02:25:15 ( ID:8oigsqwgwfj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello
I want to make text or picture that goes to another page.
when we click on it it goes to a new menu (page) with others chapters.
thanks

tkrave  2011-07-27 05:58:13 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Make a custom menu. This will allow you to edit the button that goes to your chapters. You can replace the default image with your own image or text.

sachem  2011-08-03 19:07:09 ( ID:okodbysq7wg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks but I don't want my button goes to a chapter but To a new page menu!

tkrave  2011-08-09 03:44:34 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The same applies to all buttons, so just change the image of the button that goes to your chapter PAGE. You will need a top menu page in order to do this.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.