Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ]
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 Audio has high freq. sharp metal sound after conversion NoPlayBack 7 2002-04-09 12:31:29

Question - TE25 - Audio has high freq. sharp metal sound after conversion No.18360
NoPlayBack  2002-04-08 06:48:47 ( ID:ytzsl1mvbdw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

After conversion from an DV-AVI (32khz-sound) to MPEG with standard VCD or SVCD setting the audio is a little bit distorted. It sometimes has a high frequency sharp metal sound in it when played on a DVD-Player. I think it comes from the conversion 32kHz to 44.1 kHz.

I did also try to seperate the sound into an extra 44.1kHz-wav-file with Virtualdub and used that as input to TMPGEnc... same result.

Does anybody have an idea how to fix that???

Techno  Home )  2002-04-08 08:05:51 ( ID:82zqdopxre6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

well, you CANNOT improve the original audio source, if it is 32KHz, it will be 32KHz regardless of the change of the freq.

Next time, capture @ 44100Hz!

Techno

adv_h67  2002-04-08 11:40:04 ( ID:n7xx7gvsr2w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can try to resample it using SSRC (Shibatch Sample Rate Converter).
Search with Google.It offers a freeware good quality conversion.TmpegEnc can include it as external resample program.

Ashy  2002-04-08 11:44:04 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I used to get the same problem you are having. It used to happen on some of my VCD's. It sounds sort of like a metalized, robotic sound at high frequencies.
Your right it is the sample rate conversion from 32khz to 44.1khz. I found out this was due to the sample rate converter of TMPG not being to good.

Virtual dub can fix it, but this time use your original DV-AVI and make sure that you tick the 'High quality' box when you change the sample rate from 32 to 44.1 in the conversion options.
This should sort your problem.

Let me know how u go.

ASHY

NoPlayBack  2002-04-08 13:39:58 ( ID:ytzsl1mvbdw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Techno: I do not want to improve. The 32khz-original-dv-avi-file is ok. The problem is only after converting to 44.1khz.
To all: Thanks for suggestions, i will try the two tips... converting with high quality and also using the shibatch-tool.
I will let you know...

Keping  2002-04-08 16:25:41 ( ID:z7f0prq61xn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you capture DV from 1394 port, the audio rate is fixed at 32 KHz. I can not change the rate. Can you change it?

NoPlayBack  2002-04-09 08:59:53 ( ID:ytzsl1mvbdw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ashy: Great tip. With using the "High Quality" checkbox the sound is much better.

adv_h67: I did find the tool, but did not test it. Do i need to tell TMPGEnc some parameters when including that tool?

keeping: I am not sure. I think i can set my cam to two different recording-settings... and i think i also have the possibility to receive that via firewire... but i am not sure.

adv_h67  2002-04-09 12:31:29 ( ID:n7xx7gvsr2w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TmpegEnc does not need any extra parameters for using SSRC. You only need to specify the path where it is.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.