Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 196 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE40 16:9 Full Screen Dave1023 3 2009-04-29 18:11:24
Question TDA3 Tmpg - clip linking problem Glaz 0 2009-03-27 14:22:33
Question TAW4 TMPG - Clip linking problem Glaz 2 2009-04-03 11:28:56
Question TE40 AVCHD to WMVHD problems Pushloop 2 2009-03-29 20:35:05
Question TAW4 subtitle error oscrar64e 0 2009-03-26 16:22:38
Question TE40 h264 to DVD-R TMPEGnc Xpres 4.0 papalapa 2 2009-03-28 15:39:10
Bug report TAW4 Editor and simulation crashes computer maons 12 2009-08-01 16:39:51
Question TAW4 Why are two vob files created? luk49ov 11 2009-03-27 21:59:44
Question TAW4 when i press next track problem ado raza 2 2009-03-25 16:56:21
Question TAW4 black screen when playing BD disk svetlio 0 2009-03-23 19:48:11
Bug report TE40 DIVX encoding crashes in Vista64 ggshubin 1 2009-04-04 02:55:34
Question TE40 Add 2 Subtitles? raymond 1 2009-03-23 16:51:02

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 196 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE40 - 16:9 Full Screen No.58772
Dave1023  2009-03-27 19:48:01 ( ID:vtmti4ydvnw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've been taking some of my DVD's including BD's and converting to Mpeg's for my media center PC. I can't seem to figure out how to take a Full Screen movie and keep it Full Screen for playback. I either get the traditional 4:3 (Black bars on the sides) or 16:9 (Black bars on top and bottom). Does anyone have the settings to make it Full Screen?
Thanks,
Dave

tkrave  2009-03-28 01:06:43 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What type of output are you playing the videos on? Is it a monitor, HDTV, or what?

I'm guessing it's not a 4:3 monitor/tv since you get black bars on the sides of 4:3 encoded video, so it's possible that your monitor/tv isn't 16:9. Most widescreen computer monitors are 16:10, so there will be black bars at the top and bottom of 16:9 video.

Is there any image distortion on the outputted videos? Is the source footage 16:9 or 4:3?

chandna  Home )  2009-04-28 10:38:29 ( ID:eqqm9uw1g1h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi
OK, but how to convert full screen on 16x10 monitor to avoid top and bottom black bar.
Thanks
Chandna

tkrave  2009-04-29 18:11:24 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ideally, you want the black bars on a 16:10 monitor if your footage is 16:9; that means there's no distortion and you're not cropping the image.

If you really want to have full screen on a 16:10 monitor, you'd have to either stretch the image vertically a little or chop off the sides.

Question - TDA3 - Tmpg - clip linking problem No.60862
Glaz  2009-03-27 14:22:33 ( ID:ogowdm.ea72 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello all.

I have created a track containing two avi clips both with subs. I have had a look at the simulation and no probs. But...as soon as i go into track settings and "link clips" i get an error when trying to run the simulation
"clip GOP too long for a DVD-video". This puzzles me as nothing has changed except linking the clips.

Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Question - TAW4 - TMPG - Clip linking problem No.61918
Glaz  2009-03-27 14:17:52 ( ID:ogowdm.ea72 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello all.

I am using tmpg version 3
I have created on track containing two avi clips both with subs. I have had a look at the simulation and no probs. But...as soon as i go into track settings and "link clips" i get an error when trying to run the simulation
"clip GOP too long for a DVD-video". This puzzles me as nothing has changed except linking the clips.

Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated.

tkrave  2009-03-31 18:34:32 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think this is a known problem that you can just ignore. You should be able to output your project and be able to play it with no problems.

Glaz  2009-04-03 11:28:56 ( ID:ogowdm.ea72 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for the advice. I'll give it a whirl.

Question - TE40 - AVCHD to WMVHD problems No.58769
Pushloop  2009-03-26 16:48:58 ( ID:1iwhxq9dbpf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi I am hopeing someone may be able to help me.

I am trying to convert an AVCHD file to WMVHD

I have tried using tmpg 4 (latest version) to do this. If I use the AVCHD file reader in the software then the conversion will not even start. This is irrelevant of output settings.

If I turn this off and then use the direct file reader I have several issues:

After about an hour of encoding it just freezes. I have tried cbr 1 pass, cbr 2 pass and vbr (av/peak) 2 pass.

Same thing happens. I have tries with/without cuda, and turning off multithreading....

Please help this is driving me mad !

spiral  2009-03-27 07:29:45 ( ID:uexq2jhhhql )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello, I think...
This is possible because an over heat issue, does it also comes when you
precess other file formats?.

How about your CPU temperature?, try also by open your PC cabinet, in
order to make it cooler.
Also try by update your video and graphic card's drivers, if your
graphic card is old model is possible that is related with the problem,
so you may need a new model.

When processing heavy files like AVCHD files there require CPU and graphic card power, or a high performance of both them.
This could be related with hardware performance, also try to disable the preview screen when encoding.
good luck

Pushloop  2009-03-29 20:35:05 ( ID:1iwhxq9dbpf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks,
None of these things seem to be the issue, I am running a core i7 in a HUGE case with a HUGE fan and it never get up above 40 degrees no matter what you do to it. I'm not running CUDA as I have had problems with it because my PC has multiple accounts on it. I have a GTX 260 with the latest drivers including CUDA on it.

I can roar through pretty much any other format, the usual one being 1080p or 720p MKVs, I can back up a full DVD disc in minutes .... Everything else seems fine.

The file is an mpeg transport stream, on two pass it goes through the first pass fine then just seems to stop very quickly into the encode. It seems like a memory issue, I have 6 gig of ddr3 although currently under win xp it of course only "sees" 3.

I haven't tried disabeling the preview, although on this system there seems to be negligable difference btween off, partial and full. But I'll give anything a go !

Any other suggestions ?

Question - TAW4 - subtitle error No.61917
oscrar64e  2009-03-26 16:22:38 ( ID:usxmpw37pfk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi there, when i am rendring bd project with english( srt file ) and arabic (text file unicode 7 ) subtitle the project stop and i get error massages ( not enough storage is available to complete this operation error code 0x8007000E )after passing 38% , i tried without Arabic subtitle it's worked good and the project finish as normal , so what is the problem with Arabic subtitle file ?? i tried first Arabic subtitle srt file but the programed doesn't load it so i tried Unicode 7 format but i still have problem.

thanks

Question - TE40 - h264 to DVD-R TMPEGnc Xpres 4.0 No.58766
papalapa  2009-03-25 12:17:02 ( ID:0y0tlm2sngc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi! I just want to convert an MKV file that I uncompressed to an h264 and associated files (audio) to an standard DVD-R, but when I try to import the file with TMPENGnc Xpress 4.0 it says that the format isn't recognised.

Is it possible to do this with TMPEGnc Xpress 4.0? Could be possible with DVD Authoring Works 4? Do I need any additional h264 codec to do this?

Thanks a lot!

Pushloop  2009-03-26 18:07:17 ( ID:1iwhxq9dbpf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is that the input souce that is unrecognised? If so... You could try installing K-Lite mega codec pack (google it). This solved my MKV problems. Check you can play the file in windows media player. If it plays fine you should be good to go.

papalapa  2009-03-28 15:39:10 ( ID:yagcq0y.6jm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yeah, I installed the "CoreAVC codec" (h264 codec) and I can play the .h264 file with the Media Player, but I still cannot open the file with TMPEGnc Authoring Works 4 nor TMPEGnc Xpress 4.0.

Any idea?

Bug report - TAW4 - Editor and simulation crashes computer No.61904
maons  2009-03-25 07:58:09 ( ID:h0.xe1o7yj. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This problem still exists with the Authoring program. While playing the video in the edit window or using the simulation, the program still crashes on my computer. It seizes up the computer and I have to use the End Task to close the program. I'm not sure why this happens, but the MPEG Editor 3.0 works perfectly and plays back fine while in the editor.
Has anybody else had this same problem.

mathewlisett  Home )  2009-03-25 10:17:34 ( ID:/mc2urzlila )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

this isnt a bug, as a bug would just crash the software.

for something to crash and the system to go down with it, would mean soemthing like not enough memory so that the system couldnt coupe so it shut itself down.

or most likley your motherboard northbridge/southbridge/cpu got too hot to handle so it shut down.

just the temps in bios .

my system is watercooled and i had the same issue, up untill i watercooled the northbridge and the temp went from 73* to 23* and the system was the stabel and back to normal.

if its he cpu that really hot you, may need to r do the thermal paste .

maons  2009-03-26 04:08:27 ( ID:h0.xe1o7yj. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If that was thet case, why does it do it no matter what time, either its first thing that I do, or the last. It does it anytime. (I could just start the computer or it could be running 3 days.). Now when I run the mpeg 3 editor program, it runs flawlessly, and no seizes. Now one thing I may be onto it is that the AMD 2200 XP processor in a MSI-6330 Turbo2 motherboard might have a memory conflict of which this program accesses and cause the problem. What I can do is ask if anybody else has the same problem with the same motherboard.
(I have 1.5 meg of memory so that isn't the problem either).

I have found that if I avoid playing the dvd in the editor, or simuluation, that it works fine otherwise.
Processing doesn't seize either and I have really long periods (i.e. 24 hrs compilations)).

mathewlisett  Home )  2009-03-26 13:33:02 ( ID:/mc2urzlila )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

test your memmory with memtest

old-hack  2009-03-26 18:26:13 ( ID:4wri/opsxqh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TMPGenc techs recommend disabling multi-threading since this places more demands on your memory and can eventually consume all available RAM which then produces the error you are seeing.

It has worked for me.

maons  2009-03-27 03:04:45 ( ID:h0.xe1o7yj. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think that was the problem.. I tried it after i disable the video/audio caches and it seems to work without being choppy, and played perfectly. More testing will follow. Thanks a million for the info

maons  2009-04-08 07:13:52 ( ID:h0.xe1o7yj. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well, I tried it again, and the problem is still there, (program seizes). I am now looking at the 3d now and another feature and disabling that. (The multi-threading isn't the problem so it has to be something else. I even added more memory for the multi-threading and that didn't work.) It has to be something in it that is extra in version 4, compared to mpeg editor 3.0.

I'll be posting more results as I find them.

mathewlisett  Home )  2009-04-09 05:01:02 ( ID:/mc2urzlila )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

2 things ,

as before use memtest to check the health of your memory.

2nd find what make your hard drives are and go to the makers wesbite and download their hdd health tools, test all the hdd's to see if they are starting to go, becuase if one is starting to go (if not the main drive) unplug the power to that, and do your testing ie do what you have been tryign to do.

if its still doing it i would say its the hdd , becuase when hdd's start to fail, the speed and funciton slows everythign down, and when that happens the software cant handle the commands and therefore crashes.

maons  2009-04-13 08:15:13 ( ID:h0.xe1o7yj. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I just finished testing the memory and it passed with no errors (3 sticks same type). The hard drives are brand new, (i thought that was the problem, so I upgraded to larger drives.

Thanks for the input.
I will continue to test,

mathewlisett  Home )  2009-04-13 08:45:55 ( ID:/mc2urzlila )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ok a hard drive being brand new means nothing as ive had many in the past and even 8 months ago that as soon as i had them i foudn i had to send them back for a replacement.

maons  2009-04-14 06:04:43 ( ID:h0.xe1o7yj. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok,, I have done more testing with this and tried these settings:
(This seemed to help but I will continue to test...)

Disabled: CPU 3D NOW
Enhanced 3D NOW

Disabled: Multi-Threading PreFetch video while encoding
PreFectch audio while encoding
Enabled: File Caching

Stay tuned .....

maons  2009-04-14 06:26:13 ( ID:h0.xe1o7yj. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Also,

I have noticed that between the simulation and the editor window, CPU usage jumps up quite high. i.e. 90 - 100%.
Is this normal?

I'll be testing some more...

OB1  2009-08-01 16:39:51 ( ID:dvqkeuru9o2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Are you disabling multi threading in the CPU settings or in the MPEG encoder multi thread settings?

Question - TAW4 - Why are two vob files created? No.61892
luk49ov  2009-03-25 01:34:31 ( ID:sqqsbenn4jf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Using the trial versionof TMPGEnc Auth Works 4, I am editing a 1.89 gig dvr-ms file. All goes well until I look at the output where I end up with two vob files.

I've tried different transcoder settings on the Output page such as setting the target size to 'none', 'custom' and equal to the output file size, and 'single layer dvd'. However, I always end up with two vob files. The sizes vary but typically one is about 1 meg in size and the other is 0.2 megs in size. The addition of the two sizes is equal to the target size, but why two files?

Smaller dvr-ms files form one vob file so this appears related to the size of the input file. Using windows movie maker, I can form one output file for much larger input files.

Thank you, your advise is appreciated.

mathewlisett  Home )  2009-03-25 10:20:10 ( ID:/mc2urzlila )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

when importing the files did you select different tracks or all in one track.

how ever if its a dvd you are creating, then you will find that if the time length and quality of dvd you are creating will create 1024mb / 1gb vobs as thats how dvd's work.

luk49ov  2009-03-25 22:34:32 ( ID:sqqsbenn4jf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for the prompt response.

In answer to your first question, I did not select different tracks but used one track.

On your second comment, I am not creating a dvd but simply saving the rendered file to my computer.

After posting my initial comment, I found TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress and installed a trial copy. Using the same input file that prompted my initial comment, I was able to generate one 431 mb file in wmv format. It took almost one hour to render, which is ridiculous, but at least it did the job. I prefer TMPGEnc Authoring Works 4 due to its other capabilities, but it doesn't allow the creation of wmv files, apparently.

I'll accept vob format, but somehow get it to generate one output file rather than two.

Thanks again

mathewlisett  Home )  2009-03-26 13:31:56 ( ID:/mc2urzlila )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

sadly works 4 and versions before it, are not meant for conversion of that type. they are only there for dvd format and bluray from my understanding.

if you were converting with xpress straight from the disc drive, then that woudl explain why it took so long since the speed of the dvd drive compared to the hdd is so much slower.

luk49ov  2009-03-26 15:17:11 ( ID:ee.qha2m6hn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes, works 4 might not be what I want.

Regarding the rendering time using Express, it was working from an input file on my hard drive, not a dvd drive. I tried it again last night on a smaller file and after 20 minutes and less than 50% complete, I halted the program. It was ridiculously slow, and I'm not using it.

I have another idea, which I'll try at home tonight before commenting on it.

Thanks again

mathewlisett  Home )  2009-03-26 16:51:43 ( ID:/mc2urzlila )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

what are your system specs and what reslloution along with time length is this file?

luk49ov  2009-03-26 17:16:37 ( ID:ee.qha2m6hn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm running Windows Vista Premium on a quad core 6700 with 6 gig memory and about 200 gig of available hdd space.

File length, if I understand your question, in the dvr-ms format is 1 hour 11 minutes, and about 1.89 gig in size.

mathewlisett  Home )  2009-03-26 18:36:24 ( ID:/mc2urzlila )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

thats pretty good with what you have at the moment, unless of course xpress is set at idele and not high proity.

oh, and vista premium really really is bad for any system becuase it takes so much processing and memory, which woudl explain why encoding is taking so long. if you get to the vista basic that is better...but even better is xp x64

luk49ov  2009-03-27 00:19:49 ( ID:sqqsbenn4jf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Windows movie maker processes this file in 12 minutes on the same computer. TMPGEnc Auth 4 processed it in a similar time frame (but made two vob files, which started this thread). The problem isn't Vista.

mathewlisett  Home )  2009-03-27 01:28:15 ( ID:/mc2urzlila )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ok do the process again, but this time when it gets going right clikc on the preview window and make sure the process is set at high priority.

the speed should then kick in.

luk49ov  2009-03-27 21:21:55 ( ID:ee.qha2m6hn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No change.

I do appreciate your responses, but my preference is TMPGEnc Auth 4 - if I can get that one file rather than two.

Thanks

mathewlisett  Home )  2009-03-27 21:59:44 ( ID:/mc2urzlila )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

problem being is that what i understand of your wants, you after a software that will convert into a different format...of which works 4 will not give.

how ever, becuase dvd vobs break up into sections due to size and structure of a dvd and the length you are asking it to do, it wont make into 1 single file.

unless you open the original disc into dgindex load the main vobs and go to save d2v and mpeg.

also make sure you select in the audio section (select all trakcs) so that the tracks will then also demux.

this will allow you to make a single mpeg file and a ac3 or wav , which you then just mux back with your software.

Question - TAW4 - when i press next track problem ado No.61889
raza  2009-03-24 17:43:07 ( ID:hdwhmnfzmzf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for my problem solve...

i face one more problem.,

aafter after out put........and i burn thd dvd..
and play on dvd player...on track menu option click the
play all button...
after finishing first track ...in 2nd track play first clip in this clip last track last clips ado play.

any how can i solve this problem plz guyz help me

thanks in advance
( note: its your guide in pictur format i m very thankfull to you)
raza
kchhkahoo4raza@yahoo.com

mathewlisett  Home )  2009-03-24 20:13:40 ( ID:/mc2urzlila )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

sorry but, are you using a online translation to use the english language as it seems this is the case due to your question not really being understood by myself at this time.

tkrave  2009-03-25 16:56:21 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

He's referring to this post I think:
http://bbs.tmpg-inc.com/bbs.php?board=en_taw4&page=2&tcnt=111#topic271

However I'm having difficulties figuring out what the current problem is.

Question - TAW4 - black screen when playing BD disk No.61888
svetlio  2009-03-23 19:48:11 ( ID:w2qhgbnygxn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

I have a problem playing BD disk created by TMPGEnc Authoring Works 4 - only black screen with sound and subtitles. I'm using Cyberlink PowerDVD 8 and 9. Same problem with both players. When i open in file mode \BDMV\STREAM\00001.m2ts - everithing it's ok. In disk mode - only black screen.
Any idea ?

Bug report - TE40 - DIVX encoding crashes in Vista64 No.58764
ggshubin  2009-03-23 18:51:25 ( ID:yrbdlo9v7zl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing this. When I try to encode (anything) using the Divx profile on my Vista64 machine, XPress 4.0 crashes every time. Sometimes it will render for a few frames and then crash, but mostly it happens when it first starts to encode. The weird part is is if I use the AVI profile and then encode using the Divx codec there, everything works fine. So it doesn't seem to have anything to do with the codec itself, but with the way XPress 4.0 is setting up the DIVX encoding profiles (I'm guessing). I don't have this problem on my Vista32 or XP machines.

Thanks,
George

Kinthalis  2009-04-04 02:55:34 ( ID:qphdbj3m7pl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Confirmed. It happens to me as well. I've been encoding in WMV format, but yeah Divx would be preferable.

I'm on an i7 920, 6 Gigs of RAM, Vista 64 bit.

Question - TE40 - Add 2 Subtitles? No.58762
raymond  2009-03-23 04:12:33 ( ID:oi.qtd2azrn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

May I know is it possible to add or burn 2 subtitles to an AVI file? Reason is I want to see the English subtitle and my wife wants to see the Chinese one instead. So the best solution is to display both at once and maybe resize the font smaller.

Actually many years back, we often see multiple subtitles in VCD. But in DVD, we can only display one at a time.

tkrave  2009-03-23 16:51:02 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Technically, I think that is possible, but I think you'd have to input them manually to have them both show up at once.
You can try importing one and then adding the second manually.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.