Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 210 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TAW4 Adding custom Menu to works 4 Mathew Lisett 3 2009-01-08 18:25:11
Question TE25 HTPC aspect ratio encoding Devlin 1 2009-01-17 02:40:02
Question TAW4 How to change settings for multiple thumbnails? madeinlisboa 4 2009-01-09 10:39:46
Question TAW4 TMPGEnc Authoring Works 4: Converting .vob to .mpeg jwartman 2 2009-01-08 00:05:05
Bug report TAW4 Authored BD reverts to 480i on PS3 Niels 8 2009-01-28 02:52:17
Question TAW4 Cropping Peter 2 2009-01-08 00:33:43
Question TAW4 tmpgenc error in divx authoring (cw-6) pocoyo 0 2009-01-05 15:51:25
Question TAW4 Source File not found error message ??? Dave 7 2009-01-08 12:56:06
Question TE25 Divx vs. iPhone compatible format Stuart 0 2009-01-05 03:32:53
Question TMVS Divx vs iPhone Compatible Format Stuart 1 2009-01-17 01:34:43
Bug report TAW4 Hangs on menu rendering (remaining time : 11861:715854:42949699) ppomes 2 2009-01-05 13:19:29
Request TAW4 B's Recorder Chilly 2 2009-06-07 14:56:39

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 210 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TAW4 - Adding custom Menu to works 4 No.61680
Mathew Lisett  Home )  2009-01-08 00:17:13 ( ID:k35eburmzjh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok folks, just tried to go the custom menu persona template, yet i selected the folder were it was an nothign showed up. so what is the file exntesnion that should alow the program to view and pic it up.

plus with the custom menu which is motion menu, how do you ensure that the menu buttons which appear half way through arent active as soon as the motion video shows.

tkrave  2009-01-08 02:47:23 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What is this "persona" template? Is it a custom template created by someone? As long as it's a template created by TAW4, it should show up. Make sure "All the templates" is selected in the "Types/keywords" list on the left side of the menu wizard.

As for the buttons in a motion menu, they will always be active, even if they are invisible because of a "fade-in" effect. I don't think there's a way around that.

Mathew Lisett  Home )  2009-01-08 04:41:52 ( ID:k35eburmzjh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

motion menu as in video file with menu on it.

and it was a custom menu that somebody created not the company.

but when the custom section states that you should be able to add the motion menu, but nothign shows.

also how do you add links onot the main menu since it gives the users option for a audio page, yet no navigation tab on the main menu for the audio section?

its very irritating when they state that you can add and change whats on the custom menu the user does, yet they actually retrict what the user can do which is just daft.

tkrave  2009-01-08 18:25:11 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Where exactly are you trying to load the persona template?

From the menu wizard, select "Create a menu based on a template". In the next screen click on the "Other templates..." button and select the folder where the custom template is saved. It should then show up in the template list.

The extension for saved templates is .tda4mt.
If it is a motion menu, the video files used for motion backgrounds will not be embedded into the template file, so those must be saved separately in the location the template file expects them to be.

As for audio page buttons, it should automatically add an audio button if an audio page exists. If you only have one audio track for your videos, it will not create an audio page.

Question - TE25 - HTPC aspect ratio encoding No.43732
Devlin  2009-01-07 23:50:48 ( ID:mlnsfqrgjtn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If I'm encoding video to play on an HTPC hooked up to a widescreen TV (1920 x 1080 pixel-matched), do I use the same methods of AR encoding as if I were burning to a DVD to be played in a DVD player, or does my AR methodology need to change?

In other words, a 16:9 encoded video looks odd before being burned, but looks fine when played on the DVD player. I'm worried that any work I do prior to my HTPC build may have to be redone if I just stick with the old methods.

Thanks!

tkrave  2009-01-17 02:40:02 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I guess it depends on what type software you're using for playback. If it can adjust the pixel aspect ratio like a DVD player, then you shouldn't have to change your encoding method.

Question - TAW4 - How to change settings for multiple thumbnails? No.61675
madeinlisboa  2009-01-07 17:18:59 ( ID:udoyd.c1f.h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is there a way of applying the same settings to multiple thumbnails? I need to change the start and end frames for 21 thumbnails, but the the Menu Item Editor doesn't allow. There should be a multiple edit mode for simple things like this or the option of copying last change in a thumbnail to others or a "Change ... for selected thumbnails" like the existent for menus.

tkrave  2009-01-07 18:48:06 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can change certain things when multiple thumbnails are selected, but changing the start and end frames isn't one of them. Unless your thumbnails were all exactly the same, I'm not sure how changing the start and end frames at the same time would work.

You can select multiple thumbnails by holding down the ctrl key and clicking on the thumbnails you want to change.
Then, right-click on one of them and select "Menu Item Settings" from the menu. You'll be able to change the effects and highlight colors. You can also change the width and height of the selected thumbnails.

Carlos Viana  2009-01-08 17:46:34 ( ID:udoyd.c1f.h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well, I think the clips could have a different size. All I had to do was set an end time less or equal to the smallest. Anyway, all of them have almost the same size.

tkrave  2009-01-08 18:38:36 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That's true. Unfortunately, the program can't do it.

Another way to change other settings for multiple items is to click on the "Edit menu" button at the bottom of the Menu stage. From here you can change the fonts, effects, and backgrounds for all menu pages or even select which pages and items should be affected.

Carlos Viana  2009-01-09 10:39:46 ( ID:udoyd.c1f.h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I noticed that, thank you.

Well, let's hope a future version has that feature.

Thanks again.

Question - TAW4 - TMPGEnc Authoring Works 4: Converting .vob to .mpeg No.61672
jwartman  2009-01-07 13:26:38 ( ID:ekikww1jamr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is there anyway in TMPGEnc Authoring Works 4 to convert .vob files to .mpeg or .avi files?? I tried using the save to Harddisk method that used to work for DVD Author but Authoring Works 4 saves the files as .dvddata files.

Any help on if this is possible and how would be appreciated!!

Thanks.

tkrave  2009-01-07 18:28:14 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It's been saved as a .dvddata file since DVD Author version 2, so this is not a new thing in Authoring Works 4. The .dvddata file is actually just a mpeg file and I was able to play it in Windows Media Player. You can probably just rename the extension and it should work like any other mpeg.

Mathew Lisett  2009-01-08 00:05:05 ( ID:k35eburmzjh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

get hold of dgindex, load the dvd into it by selecting the main vobs of the movie, tgo to audio and selected "selects all " and then save d2v and file this will save a d2v file which will contain all the details, but the other file will be a mpeg-2 file.

Bug report - TAW4 - Authored BD reverts to 480i on PS3 No.61663
Niels  2009-01-06 21:29:54 ( ID:7wa6cwdjjnw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I tried to author a Bluray disc with Authoring Works 4.
It looks nice on the computer. The m2ts file plays on my computer as 1080p file.
BUT on the PS3 it changes to 480i after the menu.

I tried to re-author with no menu, same result.
PS3 is the only BD player I have (I do have a BD recorder, but I do not want to play BD's on my PC).

tkrave  2009-01-07 18:35:56 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What was the source video resolution? If it was a DVD, then 480i would be the correct resolution. And since DVD-Video is compliant with the Blu-ray spec, it wouldn't re-encode it to 1080p.
If you really want it to be 1080p, you'll have to change the encoding settings to force it to encode at 1080p.

You can do this by going to the Source stage, and click on the "Settings" button for your Track containing the 480i footage.
In the Track settings window, select the Video tab and select "Re-encode all video as below" for the Encoder mode. You'll probably have to change the Profile & level to "MP@HL", then you'll be able to select "1920 x 1080 pixels" for the Size setting.

That should do it!

Niels  2009-01-08 22:08:18 ( ID:7wa6cwdjjnw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, the source resolution is 1080i
It was a WM9 encoded HDTV broadcast that I want to make a BD disc off.

Niels  2009-01-08 22:12:39 ( ID:7wa6cwdjjnw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I should have mentioned that the completed output file runs in 1080p when dumped in to media player classic HD.
So the file physically IS 1080p.
However, when inserting the authored BD disc in to my PS3 it defaults to 480i after exiting the menu (I chose HD for menu too).

If I author without menu, it starts off ads 1080p according to my TV, but as soon as a picture appears, it drops down to 480i.

Something is apparently wrong with the "menu" exit which somehow forces my PS3 in to a 480i rendition of the movie.

tkrave  2009-01-09 02:26:41 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Are you sure the actual video itself was encoded as 1080p and not 1080i?

I don't see why it wouldn't display on the ps3 if it actually is 1080p, especially if the menu is displaying correctly.

Check the Display settings on your PS3 and make sure you have 1080i checked. It's possible that you only have 480i and 1080p checked, so when the resolution is lower than 1080p, it automatically goes to 480i.

Niels  2009-01-09 17:56:32 ( ID:7wa6cwdjjnw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have checked all these things, and yes, the video is 1080p.
However, as I stated, on disply it reverts to 480i after the menu.
Which is why I called it a bug in the first place :)
I'm more then happy to forward you the 12GB file to check for yourself.

borjis  2009-01-25 05:10:32 ( ID:act88ymradl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am having this same exact problem on my ps3 as well.

I will test the bd-r I made on another player and see what happens.

borjis  2009-01-26 20:56:40 ( ID:oprmp4qk3pc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Confirmed!

This is a problem with Authoring works 4, when you have
it "smart render" used.

1080i is on the disc

1080i is played back on sony BX-1 or S350 bd player.

480P is played back on ps3 on same disc.

If I just author with 1 hr and don't smart render
the ps3 plays it as 1080i.

clearly a bug in this app.

borjis  2009-01-28 02:52:17 ( ID:act88ymradl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Having checked things again just now, I have found
the problem is the PS3 display settings.

you must go into "display setup" then "custom"
and check each box. 1080i and 720P were NOt checked
on my ps3 and this video is 1080i. The ps3 will not
output 1080P of 1080i source.

now when I hit the display on my plasma it properly
reads as 1080i.

I suspect your 1080P video may not actually be 1080P
but 1080i. see if you can get it display as 1080i.

Question - TAW4 - Cropping No.61660
Peter  2009-01-05 16:04:12 ( ID:ar/nqitao9w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How can I crop the video files? I need to crop from top about 4lines and from left and right. I use virtual dub for making divX files and there crop isn't problem. In TMPGEnc Authoring Works 4 I dont know where is this function.
Can you help me? ... some screenshots etc.
Thanks !

tkrave  2009-01-05 18:21:47 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sorry, there is no crop function in Authoring Works 4. You'll need 4.0 XPress or Plus 2.5 for cropping the image.

Mathew Lisett  Home )  2009-01-08 00:33:43 ( ID:k35eburmzjh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok this is possible but not with this software.

get hold of megui update it after installtion. also get hold of avisynth

go to tools>d2v creator , this will allow you to select a video file and create a d2v file which will hold all the vital details about the file and where it is on your system, now go to tools>avisynth creator and load the same d2v file.

now go to filters if the source is interlaced ie lines across the screen often in motion areas and dupe frames...you will see it ghosting a bit or same thign on screen repeat itself if its a motion scene. although some scenes may have been worked to look like this.

anyway. click on anaylze and when thats complete it will tell you what it is, ie could be progressive which is ok no work needed for that, but anythign else then that means its needed, now go to options and select the source input dar ie what the aspect ratio of the video should be , then tick crop and autocrop this will automatically crop the black bars, but you may wish to check yourself aswell and add a little. Then tick resize and adjust as you wish, and tick apply preview as this will show you how it looks when you adjust.

when you feel you have done what you need, on the output bit down the bottom select where you want the avs file , then press save.

now with this you can add to tmpgenc products even thought its not offically supported. or virtualdubmod and you can carry on enxcoding.

or use megui encoding system to use outside encoders within it.

good luck

Question - TAW4 - tmpgenc error in divx authoring (cw-6) No.61659
pocoyo  2009-01-05 15:51:25 ( ID:jw1fu7w.srm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i got this error when i try to do divx authoring. "tmpgenc error in divx authoring (cw-6)". can someone help me. Tq in advance.

-pocoyo-

Question - TAW4 - Source File not found error message ??? No.61651
Dave  2009-01-05 13:36:43 ( ID:ar/yhddtm8k )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am getting a Source File not found error message when I got to review a simulation prebeting me from seeing the preview of course. It makes no sense as I;m told the background image is not found but it is there and I'm not using a standard one anyway but one of my own pictures.

Any ideas anyway as this must be a bug ???

tkrave  2009-01-05 18:24:11 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Did you move the actual image file to another folder after you created your menu? It needs to be in the exact same place or you can try inserting the background image again.

Dave  2009-01-07 12:23:52 ( ID:ar/yhddtm8k )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for reply...well I don't get this, will try and explain. I have in track 1 42 small video clips and track 2 has 38. I found that one clip was linking to my D drive (another hdd) so I moved this to my C drive and still had the same problem but then I converted the file from 720 x 576 DVD mpeg to 1024 x 576 AVI and it was fine

Now with automatic selected for redendering I get the same damn msg again telling me a file is linking to this folder so some element of what ever video clip is linking to the program which I also have on another HDD hence the x86 ref (64bit vista)

Really weird huh ?!

tkrave  2009-01-07 19:00:02 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well, I'm guessing all that moving around isn't helping. Here's what you can try: from the Start stage, click on the "Advanced Tools" button at the bottom of the window.
Then, select the "Project file check tool". This will open a new window where you can load your project file.
Once it's loaded, it will list all of the files associated with that project and where TAW4 expects it to be. If the status is "+" then it's OK. If it's "-" then you need to move the file to the location specified in the file name column.

Hopefully that will fix things.

Dave  2009-01-07 21:33:20 ( ID:ar/yhddtm8k )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

HI, thanks for the info, I have never looked at the advanced tools ok all video files are with a + but the only one and not a video file is a 'background image' which I am not using anyway ?? How do I change to the right path as I don't want the (x86) bit of course :-

C:\Program Files (x86)\Pegasys Inc\TMPGEnc Authoring Works 4\Template\Background\wp01l.tda4bg

Dave  2009-01-07 21:46:15 ( ID:ar/yhddtm8k )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There is also at the top of the list of files the correct path version C:\Program Files (x86)\Pegasys Inc\TMPGEnc Authoring Works 4\Template\Background\wp01l.tda4bg so I need to remove the wrong one, how is this done can you tell me ?!

tkrave  2009-01-08 02:31:58 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

So you've got TAW4 installed on two hard drives? I'm guessing it somehow got mixed up along the way and your project file is referencing the install on the other hard drive.

As far as I know, you can't change the path; you'll have to put the file where it wants it to be.

Another thing you can try is re-doing the menu if it's not too much trouble. Just run the menu wizard again and hopefully all the menu-associated files will reset.

If that doesn't work, then you may just have to redo the whole project from scratch.

Dave  2009-01-08 12:56:06 ( ID:ar/yhddtm8k )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok I've fixed the problem at last. I should have thought of this before, doh ! All I needed to do was create the path the project was pointing to and copy the wp01l.tda4bg in to the created folder, job done, rgds

Question - TE25 - Divx vs. iPhone compatible format No.43731
Stuart  2009-01-05 03:32:53 ( ID:qpdu5k91p7o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

[Sorry for cross-posting...not sure where this goes..]

Hello All,
I currently you MovieStyle to do Divx conversion from DVD (VOBs, etc) and am very satisfied with the quality. However, I also am converting to the iPhone mp4 format (to a much smaller file of course).
But maintaining two sets of files is tiresome and I don't mind loading large files of 1-2 gb per movie onto the iphone since I don't carry so many files around at once anyway.
My question is: what is the best format for this: i.e. as good as Divx for display on my large HD screens in the house (42" LCD and 67" DLP) as well as on the tiny screen on the iPhone.
Unfortunately, the iPhone doesn't play Divx or I would be all set! ;->

Thanks for any advice,
Stuart

Question - TMVS - Divx vs iPhone Compatible Format No.61236
Stuart  2009-01-05 03:29:53 ( ID:qpdu5k91p7o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello All,
I currently you MovieStyle to do Divx conversion from DVD (VOBs, etc) and am very satisfied with the quality. However, I also am converting to the iPhone mp4 format (to a much smaller file of course).
But maintaining two sets of files is tiresome and I don't mind loading large files of 1-2 gb per movie onto the iphone since I don't carry so many files around at once anyway.
My question is: what is the best format for this: i.e. as good as Divx for display on my large HD screens in the house (42" LCD and 67" DLP) as well as on the tiny screen on the iPhone.
Unfortunately, the iPhone doesn't play Divx or I would be all set! ;->

Thanks for any advice,
Stuart

tkrave  2009-01-17 01:34:43 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Your best option besides DivX is mp4 h.264. For higher resolutions, you can use the PS3 profiles for mp4 h.264 output.

Bug report - TAW4 - Hangs on menu rendering (remaining time : 11861:715854:42949699) No.61648
ppomes  2009-01-04 20:21:22 ( ID:tqf5zwrjcul )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

I'am trying the trial version before bying it, but I have some troubles during the menu rendering for a DVD :
- clips are HDV videos, imported from my HV20 camcorder with HDV Split
- My DVD projets has 5 tracks
- each track starts and finished with a black image, in order to use the "fade out/in (black)" transition for a fading effect at the begining and the end of the track. So my track structure is : black image -> clip 1 ->... -> clip n -> black image, with a "fade out/in" effects on the first black image, and another one on the clip n.
- I only selected a top menu, with "motions menus" feature

When I want to output the DVD, "TMPGEnc Authoring Works" does not work !! The progress bar stays at 0% on the stage "Preparing the rendering of the Top menu page #1" and the remaining time is 11861:715854:42949699.

Sounds like a bug ???

Regards,
Pierre

Mario  2009-01-05 01:12:51 ( ID:mct8vinu/in )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

In the settings of each track, try this: in the box of "Clip linking" choose "do not link the clips"...it worked for me.
Also, when you finish your project, don´t render...save it, close the program and open it again...them render.Of course it´s a bug.And we are the free pesticide hehehe.

ppomes  2009-01-05 13:19:29 ( ID:tqf5zwrjcul )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok Mario, manu thanks for your reply.

Since I am using the trial version, I cannot save my project. But I can try without linking the clips, as you suggested.

Regards,
Pierre

Request - TAW4 - B's Recorder No.61645
Chilly  2009-01-04 20:17:00 ( ID:fac3w1khach )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,
I recently purchased and installed TAW4. The writing tool dose not work because B's Recorder is not on my system. Just wondering if there are other applications that can be intergrated to work such as Nero.
I was really shocked to find that the software did not include the writing tool burning engine needed. Anybody know where I can find B's Recorder? I went to there website B.H.A but it only showed update support.

Thanks

tkrave  2009-01-05 18:32:32 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TAW4 shouldn't require B's Recorder; it has it's own writing engine. How do you know you need B's Recorder and that it's the problem?

At any rate, you can use Nero to write your TAW4 output files to DVD just like any other DVD-Video files.

pcboo  2009-06-07 14:56:39 ( ID:wegexocsskc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

try this cos i had the same problem.
tmpgence states dvd drive not working.
do this
B's Recorder GOLD Service.move bgsvcgen from sys wow and replace
in system.
then go to services and start the B's Recorder GOLD.
now it works fine

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.