Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 853 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Bug report TE25 PAL VCD - audio synch problem with playback on standalone DVD player Omega 6 2002-06-01 18:44:10
Question TE25 Can't load AVI after increase AVI,AVI2, DirectShow priority to 1 sonic 1 2002-05-30 17:17:38
Question TE25 TMPGEnc closed before finished encoding babi 0 2002-05-30 16:06:40
Request TE25 VOB support, Repeat and Fade in/out to black for video. NewtronX 0 2002-05-30 15:38:35
Question TE25 XP compatibility problems steve 3 2002-05-30 15:44:35
Question TE25 Bigg Upz To, minion... GuNnz 1 2002-05-30 19:37:22
Question TE25 Divx to SVCD - not smooth every 10 sec, skip frame matty 1 2002-05-30 12:26:08
Question TE25 Resume of an aborted decoding process possible ?? Geronimo 2 2002-05-30 21:18:31
Question TE25 illegal mpeg follow up ankho 2 2002-05-30 23:10:02
Question TE25 Resume of an aborted decoding process possible ?? Geronimo 1 2002-05-30 18:55:24
Question TE25 Maximum size ? Birdie 2 2002-05-31 11:32:27
Question TE25 Brightness problems when converting to SVCD, DVD. ajfaull 2 2002-05-30 13:29:02

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 853 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Bug report - TE25 - PAL VCD - audio synch problem with playback on standalone DVD player No.22304
Omega  2002-05-30 16:43:39 ( ID:6vfb47o/tra )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have encoded PAL .avi (DivX 5)and DVD PAL to PAL VCD using TMPG 2.54a.
The file and VCD disc play fine on the computer (audio synch ok).

When played on a standalone DVD player, after 7 minutes audio synch is lost. The video appears to speed up slightly, then go slow motion, then normal speed. It repeats this cycle. Audio synch is still lost.

I have encoded videos using other encoders eg Panasonic, without this problem. I thought you should know about this bug. Nero accepts the MPEG stream as being standard VCD. I have checked my standalone (its a new Daewoo DVD player) and it works ok with other PAL VCD's

Cheers
H

ASHY  2002-05-30 17:15:07 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If it plays fine on your PC it isn't a bug of TMPG, it is NERO.
For some reason Nero isn't compatible with some players, this is usually due to using older versions of NERO which have this documented bug.

They corrected this in one of the versions a while back, but I cant remember from which version the bug was solved, so my advice is to go to the NERO site and download the new version.

If this doesn't solve your problem try another burning software such as 'VCDeasy' or apparantly this sort of problem has been solved when using 'Instant cd-dvd'.

ASHY

Omega  2002-05-31 09:21:58 ( ID:p8j/qnclc9c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Actually I have a late version of Nero 5558 and it burns MPEG's ok from using the Panasonic Standalone encoder

(unfortunately the Panasonic encoder has a bug in the audio so I only use it to produce a .m1v file and multiplex the audio in TMPG. This then burns and plays fine)

Perhaps there is an incompatability somewhere in Nero's interpretation of the TMPG's stream?

OK so I have a work around solution using Panasonic and TMPG. For those users with this problem I use Panasonic Encoder 2.51 for video stream only as the audio produces a silent gap every second. I encode the audio separtely to a .mpa file then multiplex them in TMPG.

Good Luck!

Borgster  2002-05-31 10:33:16 ( ID:5uhceskba7w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Omega,

It is Possible that the audio of the movie is VBR in that case you should
load the movie Virtualdub (Virtualdub will tell you if this is the case!)and save the audio uncompressed PCM.

Load the audio and video as separate files into TMPGEnc.

(or frameserve loading the new audiofile in virtualdub)

Good luck,

Borgster.

Omega  2002-05-31 11:49:59 ( ID:p8j/qnclc9c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for your suggestion :)
Audio already as .wav file because i thought it might be a problem

Omega  2002-05-31 12:52:12 ( ID:p8j/qnclc9c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for your suggestion :)
Audio already as .wav file because i thought it might be a problem

ASHY  2002-06-01 18:44:10 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Nero 5558? That's seems like an old version to me considering we are now on version 5582. There have been quite a few versions since 5558.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - Can't load AVI after increase AVI,AVI2, DirectShow priority to 1 No.22302
sonic  2002-05-30 16:33:14 ( ID:fag.u.1k4fc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

After review the pre-messages, it still say unspport~~~

Thanks^.^

ASHY  2002-05-30 17:17:38 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Download DIVX 3.11 and DIVX 4.12 and install both.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - TMPGEnc closed before finished encoding No.22301
babi  2002-05-30 16:06:40 ( ID:o10nietw26a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I got a problem when ripping DVD. I use SmartRipper then DVD2AVI. After that I use TMPGEnc to convert it into NTSC-VCD format. However, for some songs in the CD, the program, TMPGEnc, suddenly closed by itself when the encoding get around 98-99%. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Request - TE25 - VOB support, Repeat and Fade in/out to black for video. No.22300
NewtronX  2002-05-30 15:38:35 ( ID:blvxpewgwwm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The abilty to read & import sequential VOB files automaticaly like DVD2AVI does.
Also repeat/loop and a fade in/out function for video would realy add a sweet touch to Custom Video.

Question - TE25 - XP compatibility problems No.22296
steve  2002-05-30 12:35:04 ( ID:6xcywbnjwim )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I used to use tmpgenc with windows millenium and never had any problems but recently i changed to windows xp professional and now none of the files i wish to convert from avi to mpeg work, i get the message file can not open or file unsupported, as i said earlier, before i installed xp i didnt have any problem converting these type of files, does anybody know whether this software is compatible with windows xp professional? I downloaded the newest version of tmpgenc.

ffast  2002-05-30 12:51:13 ( ID:rq73n1voqvj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This is not problem between XP and TMPGEnc. On your XP system, you do not have codecs which you had in WinMe system.

steve  2002-05-30 13:48:37 ( ID:6xcywbnjwim )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>This is not problem between XP and TMPGEnc. On your XP system, you do not have codecs which you had in WinMe system.
>thanks, do you know which codecs i need?

JeffB  2002-05-30 15:44:35 ( ID:huq.fdfc.hr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Actually, you might try going into TMPGEnc's Environment settings and changing the priority of the DirectShow filters to 0 or 1. They probably reset to the default if you re-installed TMPGEnc after your upgrade.

Jeff

Question - TE25 - Bigg Upz To, minion... No.22294
GuNnz  2002-05-30 12:34:00 ( ID:rz1hlhjq8oc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

minioN..thanks dude for all ur help.really make these forums worth while posting in...im prety sure everyone thats posted here
feeels the same way,,
anyways...
keep up the good work dude..:)

Tien_Avenger  2002-05-30 19:37:22 ( ID:m3tztpafvjr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

yeah props to minion
he's like...some sort of godly god-like god of some sort

Question - TE25 - Divx to SVCD - not smooth every 10 sec, skip frame No.22292
matty  2002-05-30 12:17:27 ( ID:x928stwcfjj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello

I just downloaded TMPGEnc using the wizard and converting from Divx to SVCD using the High Quality setting the video is not smooth about every 10 seconds, it seems to skip a frame or pause for a milisecond.

The file is being converted on a intel celeron 1.3ghz.

Are there any settings that can be changed to prevent this?
Does anyone know why this is happening?

Thanks

matty

ASHY  2002-05-30 12:26:08 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes, don't change the framerate of the original movie.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - Resume of an aborted decoding process possible ?? No.22289
Geronimo  Home )  2002-05-30 11:58:24 ( ID:h2weed5jdjh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi,

i 've downloaded and i am very satisfied with this proggy but i've a question .. i was converting a avi video into mpeg and my PC crashed during the operation ... now i have a mpeg file which is not completed ... is it possible to resume the conversion process from the frame where it was aborted ? it would save me a lot of time ...

thx & greez,
Jaffa Geronimo of Apophis

ASHY  2002-05-30 12:24:54 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sort of.
Load your unfinished MPEG into TMPG the click File>Preview and move the slider to the very end, click on the arrow a couple of times just to make sure it is the end and note the frame number.

Now load your AVI, click Setting>advanced and double click the 'Source range ' filter. Type the frame number you just got from your MPEG into the 'start frame' box then click the 'set start frame' button.
Do the same for the end frame and then encode your movie.
You will have only the part from where your PC crashed encoded. You then have to join the 2 parts together using the 'Merge&Cut' tool, go to File>MPEGtools.

ASHY

Geronimo  Home )  2002-05-30 21:18:31 ( ID:h2weed5jdjh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

much thx for this hint .. i'll try it ..

greez,

Question - TE25 - illegal mpeg follow up No.22286
ankho  2002-05-30 11:57:14 ( ID:kzy53zrd4ec )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Im following up on that illegal mpeg situation. I make my mpegs with vcd gear using the bin-cue - mpeg option. I installed that mpeg2 codec and this still didnt solve the issue. Cant demultiplex either cuz it says illegal mpeg no matter what i do. Please help! thanks again

ASHY  2002-05-30 13:23:27 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

VCD gear is your problem. This program is crap.
I have had many instances of VCD gear producing illegal MPEGs and MPEGs TMPG doesn't like and gave up using the program a long time ago.

What is the reason you are trying to extract the MPEG from an image anyway?

Anyway the best way I have found of extracting MPEGs from images is to use ISOBUSTER. http://www.smart-projects.net/isobuster/
This program will extract a usable MPG or .dat file from the image which you can then open in TMPG.
There is no need to convert .dat to MPEG as TMPG has no problem opening .dat files.

ASHY

ankho  2002-05-30 23:10:02 ( ID:kzy53zrd4ec )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

the reason i have to do that is so i can do the trick to make my dvd player play the svcds. I make an mpeg and use tmpgenc to put a vcd header on it. So should i be able to take the mpegs that i have already made and make em work still with isobuster? I hope so cuz i have a lot of them. Thanks again for all the help. :)

Question - TE25 - Resume of an aborted decoding process possible ?? No.22284
Geronimo  Home )  2002-05-30 11:53:41 ( ID:h2weed5jdjh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi,

i 've downloaded and i am very satisfied with this proggy but i've a question .. i was converting a avi video into mpeg and my PC crashed during the operation ... now i have a mpeg file which is not completed ... is it possible to resume the conversion process from the frame where it was aborted ? it would save me a lot of time ...

thx & greez,

Hataian  2002-05-30 18:55:24 ( ID:pq/ugw.8krm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think it's not possible.

Question - TE25 - Maximum size ? No.22281
Birdie  2002-05-30 09:56:36 ( ID:ih0d2stpmwc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

As a newbie I just downloaded TMPGEnc 2.54a to try it together with my WinTV PVR to make SVCD's. With WinTV PVR I recorded a mpg file and tried to convert/"repair" it with TMPGEnc., because Nero complained about it, when I tried to burn a SVCD. I used File>MPEGTools and everything went right, also with the burning with Nero after that. However on the burnt SVCD I miss about 5 minutes of the original 20 minutes video. The converted file also is some 20% smaller than the original file.
Did I do something wrong or are there limitations, regarding the size, in the free version of TMPGEnc ?

Minion  2002-05-30 22:45:09 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don"t know why your movie is shorter after useing "tmpgenc" but I might know why "nero" was complaining adout the file and a possible solution.Nero wouldn"t accept the file because it was not encoded for svcd ,meaning there were no svcd headers on the file,you can easily put the proper headers on the file by loading it in the "merge and cut" feature and chooseing "super-vcd/mpeg2 VBR" in the drop down menue, choose your out put directory and click "run", tmpgenc will now make a copy of your mpeg file but put the proper headers on it to make it svcd compliant, now nero should accept it unless the frame size is out of specs, but a lot of players will play svcd"s with non-standard frame sizes ,mine plays svcd"s with 704 by 480 better than the 480 by 480 frame size, This might be a work around for your problem if you cant fix it with tmpgenc..

Birdie  2002-05-31 11:32:27 ( ID:ih0d2stpmwc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thank you Minion for your reply. Tonight I will try your solution.
In the meantime I tried again to "repair" the file with tmpgenc (File>MPEGtools>Simple Multiplex). I browsed for the mpg file and hitted run and then it began to multiplex. However that stopped at about 80% and then the header writing began. Thus the stopping at 80% with multiplexing should be the cause of the problem I think. However I don't understand why it stops at 80% and what I could do. I hope you can help we further with this.
TIA

Question - TE25 - Brightness problems when converting to SVCD, DVD. No.22278
ajfaull  2002-05-30 06:08:40 ( ID:aiy.bxcdt1a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I love TMPGEnc, and plan on registering next payday. However, I have one problem.

I am capturing using a MPeg2(software) card at 720x480, I Frames only. I then use DVD2AVI to convert to MPeg1 for editing. When I go to Encode either a DVD or SCVD, the picture is noticably brighter than the original or a VCD, MPeg-1 reencode. I've tried two or three sets of templates from the web and this problem still persists.

Is there a good way to correct this problem, or do I need to use something like the Flask Encoder?

Hataian  2002-05-30 11:06:59 ( ID:pq/ugw.8krm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

In some encoders you can set the brightness range to 0-255 or 16-235,
but I don't know if also in MPEG1 Tmpgenc.Try the other setting.

ASHY  2002-05-30 13:29:02 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The simplest way to correct the problem is to change the brightness before you encode with TMPG.
Click the 'setting' button then 'advanced' then double click the 'simple colour' correction filter.
Now adjust the brigtness to your liking.

ASHY

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.