Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 930 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 How to create a video cd? Frank 4 2002-04-23 17:50:58
Question TE25 Very Blocky playback in Mpeg format hilal 1 2002-04-17 16:13:18
Question TE25 TMGEnc -error - "MPEG-2 trial period has expired" Olafsand 1 2002-04-17 14:39:46
Question TE25 Audio Length Joseph Borg 1 2002-04-17 14:59:42
Question TE25 Illegal video stream sgar 2 2002-04-17 20:31:52
Question TE25 Techno are you good on Msgraph or Direct Show filters ? Dennis 2 2002-04-17 14:14:18
Question TE25 cutting problem mike 2 2002-04-17 17:39:55
Question TE25 VOB or VOB-to-avi then encode to SVCD ? Dennis 3 2002-04-17 14:11:23
Question TE25 What settings do U use for 5.1 or 6.1 for svcd? EnlightMent 1 2002-04-17 16:26:33
Question TE25 avi (divx) to vcd (ntsc) question ---please advice malayz01 4 2002-04-18 20:47:27
Question TE25 Switching TMPGEnc to English on Japanese Windows Kingdork 1 2002-04-17 06:10:57
Question TE25 Is SVCD quality so good? Ivan 3 2002-04-17 08:40:31

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 930 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - How to create a video cd? No.19195
Frank  2002-04-17 16:12:16 ( ID:azvmt8fdfg. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi guys,

I'm new to this program. I've tried to create some video cd pal from .avi videos but they seems don't work.
Could someone explain me the entire process to create this video cd?

Thanks

Techno  Home )  2002-04-17 16:16:22 ( ID:82zqdopxre6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

what do u mean they don't work? Please give more detail:

if your avi file is not accepted by TMPGENC, close the wizard
goto options > environment settings
click on the VFAPI plufin tab
right click on the avi opendml filter and select higher priority
right click on the avi vfw filter and select higher priority

Then try the wizard again.

If the file is accepted but won't play:

uninstall DIVX 5 codec
install DIVX v4.11 or v4.12 codec and then encode. There should be video and audio now.

Otherwise, I do not know what you mean. If you re asking how to create a VCD then:

open TMPGENC
a wizars will appear
select VCD PAL/NTSC.
Follow the wizard
And that is all there is to it.

Then burn in nero!

Techno

Dennis  Home )  2002-04-17 16:16:51 ( ID:.uhbhxbi0ng )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Have a look at the guides here since explaining is to extencive in a bbs forum.

http://www.vcdhelp.com
http://doom9.net

Above url's allso contain links to other guides and sites.

Surf around and have a look and read the guides then you will probably get the hang of it, that's how I started :)

Frank  2002-04-18 10:20:49 ( ID:azvmt8fdfg. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

My problem was that I could make the video cd with no problem but when I try the cd in a dvd player or in a PS2 the file is not read.
I had in my PC divx5.
Now I try to reinstall the old version to see if it works.

Tomorrow I'll let you know if I succeed. ^__^

steve sikora  2002-04-23 17:50:58 ( ID:bjgn1zejewl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi Frank
Try this, Go to vcdhelp.com. On left hand side, click conversions. Select all in one guide divx to vcd. Download all the tools it says to. Now follow the guide exactly as it was written. This will work for you and it is how most of us started. I use virtual dub, tempge and vcd easy. They are all free. Don't forget to download divx 3.1 and 4.0 codecs. Have fun. I am by no means an expert but I have already made more than 15 vcds without any problems. Good rule of thumb, download divx or dvd movies. They are the best quality. Also remember that you can not fix a file. If it is noisey or video not too good, then the resulting product will be the same.And probably worse.

Question - TE25 - Very Blocky playback in Mpeg format No.19193
hilal  2002-04-17 15:46:48 ( ID:jjuoli2e8m. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a video which I would like to convert to mpeg. It is currently an Mpeg4 encoded avi file, which plays perfectly in RealOne Player and Windows Media Player. However when I convert it to an Mpeg file and try to watch it using my DVD software the video is completely lost, its just a mixture of colours. It only seems to happen with this particular file and the audio is still intact, its only the video that messes up. I have tried it with both divx 4.12 and divx 5, but the same thing happened. Any advice?

Techno  Home )  2002-04-17 16:13:18 ( ID:82zqdopxre6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What kind of colours are you experiencing?

try to decrease the directshow priority in the environment settings then encode the avi.

Techno

Question - TE25 - TMGEnc -error - "MPEG-2 trial period has expired" No.19191
Olafsand  2002-04-17 14:23:15 ( ID:5aan3ccd8fw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Why does my encoder give this message.
I am using it inside DVD2SVCD-bundle.

How can I correct this? Where do I get a "none-trial-periode MPEG-2"?

SP  2002-04-17 14:39:46 ( ID:d4a5wuxiwpr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This is not ERROR!

Read :
http://www.tmpgenc.net/e_contact.html
but do not send e-mail to author, you just need to read the text on this page, then you will know what to do.

Question - TE25 - Audio Length No.19189
Joseph Borg  Home )  2002-04-17 14:19:25 ( ID:xecvqterwij )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,
I need to encode a wav file to mp2. My problem however is that I only want to encode the first 8.8 seconds of the wav file. Anyone knows how I can specify the first 8.8 seconds only for encoding? If not, does anyone know of any program that managed to split an audio file into a desired lenght?
Sincerely,

Joseph borg

Techno  Home )  2002-04-17 14:59:42 ( ID:82zqdopxre6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Use wavelab Full version to cut out the bits you need or use soundforge sonic foundry :)

Techno

Question - TE25 - Illegal video stream No.19186
sgar  2002-04-17 13:52:06 ( ID:pxymqnhcsbr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, has anyone ever come accross the error " illegal video stream" on opening a file using TMPGEnc. ?
Basically becouse my dvd player does not play SVCD's i use the above program to fool the dvd player when i play svcd's.
I have done several movies this way and they always worked perfect, but i am having problems opening 2 movies (svcd of coures) the message "illegal mpeg video stream" appears all the time. Anyone can help me on that. Thanks

Dennis  Home )  2002-04-17 16:14:32 ( ID:.uhbhxbi0ng )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It's just what it is.

The stream is illegal or incomplete and so on, a mpg file can be broken and still be playable in windows mediaplayer.

You need to fix the file somehow so it's correct, just like I sometimes download file from the net, say VCD format, and the i want to burn it, open nero, drag-dropp the file, nero then checks the file and after 5min it says, file is not VCD compatible.

You need a program that will let's say, correct the file and so on.

This could allso make tmpgenc hang, say you are encoding from a scource that is not correct then it might hang in the middle and so on, tmpgenc is sensative to errors from input datafiles.

/Regards Dennis

AutoBaud  2002-04-17 20:31:52 ( ID:g9d2hn/x43w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Dennis,
i have the same problem as sgar, but nero burns the file without problems, no error msg or anything, but tmpgenc produces the "illegal mpeg video stream" msg when trying to open the file ? Any idea as to that ?

Do you have any program suggestions that can correct mpeg streams to make them valid for tmpgenc ?

thanks

AutoBaud

Question - TE25 - Techno are you good on Msgraph or Direct Show filters ? No.19183
Dennis  Home )  2002-04-17 13:34:25 ( ID:a1gdtat1r4r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi.

I was thinkig of trying to convert the VOB (60Mb) file I have to a AVI. In msgraph (which is superfast) when I decode AC3 to wav (4min) :) I can't seem to file the proper filters to encode a VOB to a AVI, I only have filters for decoding it seems :/

I wanna compare the two methods, msgraph and dvd2avi ... or is there some other good program out there that can read VOB files and convert to AVI or some other good format ?

Regards Dennis

Techno  Home )  2002-04-17 14:12:47 ( ID:82zqdopxre6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

well, I replied to the other post! :)

I can tell you how to convert a VOB to AVI if you want, then you can convert the avi to MPEG/VCD/DVD/SVCD if you like to:

www.technosoft2000.co.uk/divx

:)

Techno

Techno  Home )  2002-04-17 14:14:18 ( ID:82zqdopxre6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

use method 2.

Question - TE25 - cutting problem No.19180
mike  2002-04-17 12:08:15 ( ID:btlk9s3mtu2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I cut a VCD MPEG with TMPGEnc v2.53 MPEG tools. When I tried to import the cutting into a VCD layout in Nero v5.5.8 it said the MPEG was not compliant. The uncut copy was compliant. I thought I used to be able to do this so I dragged out a copy of TMPGEnc vbeta12h and it cut fine and worked with Nero just fine.

Any thoughts? Is this a bug?

Techno  Home )  2002-04-17 12:21:18 ( ID:82zqdopxre6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

make sure it was on MPEG1 (VCD) when you where cutting.

Techno

mike  2002-04-17 17:39:55 ( ID:btlk9s3mtu2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That works. I should have spotted that myself!
but...
does that mean that Merge and Cut operations re-encode
and reduce the quality :-( of the source?

Question - TE25 - VOB or VOB-to-avi then encode to SVCD ? No.19176
Dennis  Home )  2002-04-17 09:06:05 ( ID:gdoi5fzrbsw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi.

Here is a hard question for you "smartis" out there ;)

I don't have a lot of space on my hardrive just right now, will get a new one but anyway. I have been playing around encoding a VOB file (80mb) trailer that I ripped of a dvd movie cd i own.

There was one problem now that I think of it.

In some scenes there where blockyness on the screen :( and I tried a lot of different settings, even with constant bitrate (keeping to svcd standards) the blockyness was there (not much but you could see it) then I tried and bounced ut the max bit rate to 6000 (not keeping to standards with constand bitrate) and now the blockyness was gone. I was encoding the whole time from a VOB directly in tmpgenc (using avi2dvd projekt file or something).

Could this problem be related to that ?

If I convert it to a AVI file first to speed up encoding maby, what program do I use and save the file to what format since a uncompressed AVI is verry big !

Or if this is not the problem is this something you have to live with if you stick to SVCD standard ? Not that it matters was like 5sec maximum of 3min in the trailer that had blockyness and it had lots of movment and fast switching from scenes.

/Regards Dennis

Techno  Home )  2002-04-17 10:17:57 ( ID:82zqdopxre6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

let me tell you something Dennis,

try re-encoding the file that has the blocks gone.

It will improve the quality, it should do, then encode as SVCD or VCD.

Techno

Dennis  Home )  2002-04-17 13:30:43 ( ID:a1gdtat1r4r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hmm I see.

The thing it that the VOB file (played in dvd software player or something) has not blockyness, it's when I make a project file with DVD2AVI and the encode it in Tmpgenc to SVCD that the blockyness is there.

Or are you suggesting that I encode VOB to some other format ? But with what program in that case since tmpgenc can't open VOB files, or are you suggesting I encode to AVI with DVD2AVI first ? Or maby I should encode to DivX first (with 720*480 and then divx to svcd ?

EHE ;)

Later dude

Techno  Home )  2002-04-17 14:11:23 ( ID:82zqdopxre6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

well, if you like:

www.technosoft2000.co.uk/divx

use method 2 as it would be faster with good quality for you!

let me know of any probs

Best of luck

Techno

Question - TE25 - What settings do U use for 5.1 or 6.1 for svcd? No.19174
EnlightMent  2002-04-17 08:32:23 ( ID:xkuxzm9mbtm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can U even use 5.1 or 6.1 in tmpg? not to big of a deal I guess but I read that in svcd you could use it along with the menus...

Thx for the help this morning I just keep playing and messing until I get what I am looking for...

Dennis  Home )  2002-04-17 16:26:33 ( ID:.uhbhxbi0ng )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hmm well if you search the web for SVCD there is a finnish site that has the loads on the whole SVCD standard, what I remember the 5.1 or 6.1 sound thing isn't supported on SVCD but there was something about two channel sound I think.

Anyway I havn't seen a guide or anything menchend about that out there.

/Regards Dennis

Question - TE25 - avi (divx) to vcd (ntsc) question ---please advice No.19169
malayz01  2002-04-17 06:26:36 ( ID:4to88kxucic )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

questions
1) I downloaded this program so that I am able to watch my divx (PAL)movies on my ntsc dvd player. I chose vcd option for more storage / cd. When I do this though, it gives me a full screen (in the original pal divx it was smaller than that) and what happens is that the quality is not great anymore. How can I make this better???

2) Is there a way to make a regular AVI to a divx AVI with this program?

Thanks a bunch techies,

malayz01

Techno  Home )  2002-04-17 10:20:17 ( ID:82zqdopxre6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

make sure you have a keep aspect ratio setting in the advanced settings. make sure it is 4:3 or 16:9 ratio.

TMPGENC, I don't think, will let you encode to DIVX.

Techno

Piki  2002-04-17 13:34:09 ( ID:lltxir4nf/g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have compress the divx 5 and 4 with tmpeg in very good quality, when the size doesn't match I use clip-arrange and it goes very good for the size.

anyway when you compress divx4.11 you can't have install the divx5 and vice versa. cause it doesn't get it. you only see a black screen

I prefer the 2vbr encoding cause it's better filesize quality and i can see it in my DVD

malayz01  2002-04-17 20:22:36 ( ID:4to88kxucic )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Techno: can you recommend any software for divx enconding?

Piki: sorry for the ignorance with the terminology but....what is clip arrange and 2vbr encoding?

Thanks a bunch guys...hopefully soon I will be able to do the stuff I need.

Malayz01

Nicks  2002-04-18 20:47:27 ( ID:./23aisf85j )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi malays01, check out divx-digest.com for tutorials and software. I think you need a ripper software if you are making divx from DVD's. My suggestion is CladXP and encoding software FLASKMpeg. I can help you on the 2vbr terminology. 2vbr means that the encoding is made i two steps, first it runs through the movie and writes a logfile for every frame and after that, step 2, it uses the logfile to encode the movie with variable bitrate (vbr). Lots of movement = high bitrate and large file, less movement low bitrate .... and so on. Best way to make small files with good quality.

Happy coding :)
/Nicks

Question - TE25 - Switching TMPGEnc to English on Japanese Windows No.19167
Kingdork  2002-04-17 05:51:54 ( ID:zziyeveql1o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've been trying for the last few days to use TMPG on my host sister's laptop (I'm studying abroad in Japan), but since her version of Windows 98 is in Japanese, TMPG defaults to Japanese and I can't figure out how to switch it to English. This makes it *very* difficult to use (my written Japanese, let alone technical Japanese, is not very good). Does anyone know how I can change this (a registry tweak, maybe)? Thanks!

SP  2002-04-17 06:10:57 ( ID:rq73n1voqvj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

As far as I know, Language setting of TMPGEnc can not be switched on Windows9X because of Windows9X does not have locale setting concept as Windows2000 or XP.
Under Windows 2000, I know I can swtich the language.

If you prefer to stick with one language, you can buy "TMPGEnc Plus" either English or Japanese version at 48$. TMPGEnc Plus supports only one language, English or Japanese.

Question - TE25 - Is SVCD quality so good? No.19163
Ivan  2002-04-17 04:29:32 ( ID:4bbk5n9bato )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I encode my DVD to SVCD but quality not so good. Some said that SVCD is near DVD quality but I just can't make it. What is the setting for it? What burning software for SVCD?

Kisoo Lim  2002-04-17 05:21:27 ( ID:gp1cqvpvypn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I tried VCD and SVCD as well.

SVCD is much better than VCD.

Comparing with DVD, I'm not quite sure it's same quality.

But not bad any way.(720x480 : 480x480)

I used Neo buring Rom to burn it.

In fact, I captured av-dvi(25Mbps) from my Sony dcr-7 dv 6mm cam(720x480) through IEEE1394.

Then I encoded it to MPEG-2(for SVCD) using TMPGEnc.

Hope it helps.

Kisoo

Kisoo Lim  2002-04-17 05:30:48 ( ID:gp1cqvpvypn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sorry

dv-avi format...

Dennis  Home )  2002-04-17 08:40:31 ( ID:a1gdtat1r4r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ivan I think you would benefit from trying out some of the DVD to SVCD guides out there.

Here are some:

http://www.vcdhelp.com
http://doom9.net

There are other links on those sites as well.

And SVCD is much better than VCD, the only differens with SVCD is that it's not as sharp picture as a DVD, you can see that when you view the aftertexts and compare a svcd to a dvd. But on the other hand, the picture is just as a DVD I think. And SVCD is supposed to be viewed on a TV and not the computer screen. If you view if on a computer screen it dosn't look as good as on a TV.

/Regards Dennis

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.