The resize and deinterlace filter is always on because their parameters can be set from the Format Stage of the program. So in the Format stage, make sure you select the output size you want and choose progressive if that's what you want.
It would be really nice if I could use the batch encode option to create m2t files with ac3 (dolby) audio. Currently in the version of 4.0 XPress I have, this is not possible, which greatly increases the amount of time it takes to create my output files for clients.
Currently we have to use the encode tool to create separate M2V, Mp2 audio and ac3 audio files and then MUX each pair together.
We work with hundreds if not thousands of files at a time and cannot manually MUX each audio track with the elementary stream.
If I have a pre-existing video in a lower bitrate (e.g., 3 mb/s?) and I'd like to do anything I can to improve it. Will encoding to a higher bitrate (e.g., 5 mb/s) provide any value at all, or will I just have a larger file of the same quality? I realize detail can't be added back in once it has been removed. But...
At the lower bitrate I am seeing quite a bit of artifacting, especially in motion. If I understand correctly, encoding to a higher bitrate will contain less partial frames. So even though it is basically the same image there is less processing?
My gut says no possible improvement at all, but I thought I'd just throwing it out there to make sure.
I just moved TMPGEnc 4.0 Express to a new computer with Windows 7 Pro (64 bit). The program now will not allow the video part of an avi file to be loaded. I can load the same avi file if I use the trial version of TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 5. I can view the file with Windows Media Player and other video players. The file was created with Adobe Premiere. Any assistance will be appreciated.
I have been using TMPGEnc 4.0 Xpress for over a year to recode video files. I've had no problems with avi files until I upgraded my DivX to the DivX Plus Player 8 and the associated DivX Plus Codec Pak. Now TMPGEnc hangs when I try to load an avi file for processing. MPG, MOV and WMV files still work fine. The only way I can get the avi files to work (mostly XVID codecs) is to recode them with VirtualDub using the DivX 6.9.2 codec first. Then TMPGEnc will process them. I've tried uninstalling the DivX upgrade and reinstalling TMPGEnc but no joy. Is there an incompatibility between the latest DivX release and TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress? If so, how do I revert to an eaarlier version of DivX? I tried a system restore but did not have a restore point available before I upgraded DivX. Thanks
I am wondering if I have a .m2t file that I am frameserving out of premiere that is 29.97 interlaced, can I encode it to .mp4 at 30fps progressive or more likely a 29.97 progressive framerate or should I keep the 29.97 interlaced framerate and de-interlace it? I am uploading it to vimeo and I am having a hard time seeing any difference but 30fps I know should probably not be my best option.
I have a question regarding editing video in TMPGenc.
Let's suppose that I imported a DVD movie, cuted a few scenes, and then encoded.
I have saved the project file, keyframe list etc and closed the program.
Later, i figered out that one or two scenes should't be cuted, and must be returned back.
How can I accopmlished that?
I have the original movie, keyframe list everything, but I can't figure out how to "undo" and put back just that two scenes?
Acutally, I think if you just reopen your project file and go to the edited clips, you can just set the beginning/end of the clip to include the cut scene. The entire source video should still be viewable in the clip editor, and the area that is highlighted in the thumbnail navigator represents the current clip.
I've reinstalled TMPG Xpress 4.0 on a Windows XP, 64-bit, desktop with scads of memory. (I uninstalled the previous installation because it wouldn't ever retrieve the license. After uninstalling, I rebooted the computer, then installed the latest version, 184.108.40.2069, and it [finally!] accepted my licence. I rebooted once more for good measure.)
When the program comes up, it verifies the license, initializes, then presents me with the Quicktime dialog box. Since I do not intend to use Quicktime, I select "Continue." The program seems to open (I can see the GUI for a split second), then suddenly closes. No error message is displayed. I can't seem to locate any log files for the program, but if anyone knows the name/location, I'd be happy to check that.
The program was installed to a non-default location, as I tend to install third-party programs to non-system partitions (the D drive instead of the C drive).
Has anyone run into this issue before? If so, how did you resolve it? I thought I'd check here before escalating this to Pegasys support, thinking that no problem is new!
I have a screen video if that would help anyone, but would need directions on how/where it should be uploaded.
Hell, I'm just happy I got past the license issue that's been dogging me for a LONG time!
I have a large number of mp4 files, all are interlaced and TMPG also recognizes them as interlaced. I needed to build QT reference files from these originals, each containing 2 of the original movies.
When I import these files into TMPG they get recognized as progressive.
This is a big problem since there is also no option to apply a general setting for the movie mode and field order to a couple of films like there is for the filters. We need to set this manually now for some hundred films.