TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 479 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question vertical jitter after upgrade to new PC herrnorbie 4 2002-07-30 20:55:28
Question Clock Reference is Off Rob 1 2002-07-22 18:08:45
Question mov to mpeg? help 1 2002-07-20 21:38:23
Question I'm new at this please help Raheem 1 2002-07-20 21:36:55
Free talk size change after demux-mux sajidvk 1 2002-07-20 21:33:29
Question tmpegenc 2.54 freezes and locks up longshort 0 2002-07-20 14:37:52
Question File "**" can not open, or unsupported Flash 1 2002-07-20 13:42:21
Question How can I get tmpeg to open a .DAT file Stoka 2 2002-07-20 16:18:24
Question Xvcd Msquared 4 2002-07-21 16:56:53
Question how to "rip" the widescreen and not the full screen from dvd with that option when played houseman 7 2002-07-22 16:02:07
Question It Thinks its encoded but has not Mike 0 2002-07-20 07:43:59
Question No Audio when converting avi to mpeg Ken 2 2002-07-21 00:19:16

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 479 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - vertical jitter after upgrade to new PC No.25215
herrnorbie  2002-07-20 21:12:55 ( ID:rfagv6fdffr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

after upgrading to a new PC (Pent 4, 2.26Mhz) there is some kind of vertical jitter/flicker/offset. It looks as if each frame is displayed twice (the second is vertically offset by approx 2 centimetres on my TV screen), yielding strong flickering.
Operating system: Win XP prof.
TMPGEnc version 2.5
I convert .avi stream to SVCD .mpg
Output with identical parameters on my old PC with Pent 3 866Mhz is perfect.
At least the TMPGEnc parameters on both PCs seem identical to me.
Is there anything to look for? I tried various combinations of (de)interlace parameters without success.
Please help!

Thanks a lot, norbert

Minion  2002-07-20 23:09:47 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It could be your source file,It sounds like you could have the field order wrong or maybe even encoded the file to a different frame rate than the avi which would give you a flickering jumpy effect, so check the frame rate of your source file...

herrnorbie  2002-07-21 22:46:21 ( ID:rfagv6fdffr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks Minion,
I tried that before; it's not field order etc either,.

I tried the same encoding on the new PC with an Windows2000 system and it worked flawlessly.
So it must have something to do with the Windows XP system.
I dont have anything special installed on this system yet.
All I have is an AOpen graphics card (Aeolus TI4200) and a Pinnacle PCTVPro installed

??

Hirendu  2002-07-24 01:36:21 ( ID:wchdpbe2hpw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I had the same problem and I have Win2000. In my case it
was field order related. Turns out the field order setting
in advanced menu has a bug. If you select Field order A
it actually gives you field order B and vice versa!.

Maybe this was a bug that is fixed in later versions. I
have version 2.55.38.142.

BTW, I thought this was free. But it keeps telling
me that I have only few days left for my trial version
(for MPEG-2 encooding). Is this something new? Are
there older versions which do not have this "trial"
version feature?

- Hirendu

herrnorbie  2002-07-30 20:55:28 ( ID:rfagv6fdffr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It was my fault - the solution seems to be as follwows..
the .avi file was created with Pinnacle Studio on one PC and I tried to encode it to SVCD with TMPGEnc on another PC. When processing the .avi file on the second (new) PC TMPGEng had apparently problems reading the video correctly because the necessary plug-in, DLL or something else needed to process the video was not present on the new PC. In some way the new PC was different and had a different DLL (or something else) needed to decode the .avi installed.
Creating the .avi AND encoding with TMPGEnc on the new PC works fine now!

Question - Clock Reference is Off No.25213
Rob  2002-07-20 19:50:00 ( ID:a6hyap1bbm6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a strange VCD PLayer which doesent accept standart bitrates when encoded with tmpgeng. It playes movies best with a video bitrate of 1246 and
audi of 128, but when i do this with tmpgenc the system clock is always off (I
check this with Easy CD creator 5) which seems to effect the way the movie is
played.

ASHY  2002-07-22 18:08:45 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The error you are talking about is only produced by Easy Cd creator and is usually due to the fact that you have not added the correct VCD header to the file.

Dump this software NOW and download and use NERO. Your problems will be solved.
Just make sure that whenever you create or cut an MPEG with TMPG that you choose 'MPEG1 VCD(non standard)' as the stream type and use the VCD burning option in NERO.

ASHY

Question - mov to mpeg? No.25211
help  2002-07-20 19:41:28 ( ID:y8mepc8j5nn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i was wondering if it was possible to convert a .mov file to mpeg with this program...thanks in advance!

Minion  2002-07-20 21:38:23 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes but you need to install the "Mov Quicktime plugin" you can download it at the "tools" section at "www.vcdhelp.com........

Question - I'm new at this please help No.25209
Raheem  2002-07-20 18:22:30 ( ID:kqeswzcpkao )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ASHY, here's my problem. every movie I burn looks either dark or blurry. sometimes they have alot of little squares. I have virtualdub,nero5.5 and click -n-burn. I don't know how to change the framerate using nero. It seems to do everything automatically. What is the simpliest way I can burn a movie and get the best quality? Thanks

Minion  2002-07-20 21:36:55 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Those "little squares" are "macro blocks" and the easiest way to get rid of them is to raise the bitrate, and if the movie seems to dark you can use the color , contrast and other settings to increase the brightness...

Free talk - size change after demux-mux No.25207
sajidvk  2002-07-20 18:15:47 ( ID:u8wutruui.o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello,
I am having problems with audio sync.
I have posted question here couple of times to get some answer, but
nothing fixed my problem.
I am coverting ntsc-avi to pal-vcd-mpg.
I was trying different things and I did a demultiplex of the encoded
mpg and then did multiplex. the mpg file i got after multiplex was
30kb less in size than the original mpg. any idea why?
regards,
-Sajid.

Minion  2002-07-20 21:33:29 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That happens because when you are encodeing tmpgenc apply"s padding to the video and audio stream in an attempt to align the data packets then when you de-mux and re-mux the padding gets removed, don"t worry about it it isn"t bad thing it is a good thing......

Question - tmpegenc 2.54 freezes and locks up No.25206
longshort  2002-07-20 14:37:52 ( ID:wzw4bjq4utw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TMPGE team I need your assistance.

I am using TMPGE 2.54 within dvd2svcd. I can never get tmpge to complete the encoding without freezing up my computer. I will take several restarts / reboots in order to finish the and create the .bin file. I do eventually get there. I get a freeze and not a blue screen. I have tried CCE and like TMPGE better. This happens when I run tmpge by itself outside of dvd2svcd.

I have a 1.8 amd with 512 ram and 40 gig hd.

What can I look for that would give me a clue on why this is freezing? I am not seeing anything in the event manager.

THank you.
LS

Question - File "**" can not open, or unsupported No.25204
Flash  2002-07-20 12:53:37 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi
I am having probs with a mpeg file.
I created the file by using isobuster on a VCD.
Unfortunately when I came round to using it I get the error that the file can not open or is unsupported. I doesn't load into any version of Tmpgenc and media player wont play it (XP).
I managed by more luck than judgement to get an split aud and vid file by using multiplex tool. However the viedo file still wont load in Tmpgenc although it now plays on media player?
I tried to get the mpeg info from a mpeg properties prog but neither files would load in.
One error message I got was something to do with the first bytes not representing a mpeg file (not exact words but you get the drift)

Any help would be appreciated

Flash

Flash  2002-07-20 13:42:21 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sorry for the double post - Fingure trouble
I fixed the problem by installing the Mpeg2 codecs which I found a link to from this forum.

Thanks

Question - How can I get tmpeg to open a .DAT file No.25201
Stoka  2002-07-20 12:15:49 ( ID:yslv2poqgfr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi ..I'm new so bare with me
I want to sharpen up a VCD..its a little out of focus and is in .DAT format and tmpeg says the format is unsupported can/will it work or am i wasting my time?

stoka

ASHY  2002-07-20 16:04:35 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It should do, I never have any problems opening DAT files.
Try running the file through the simple multiplexer in the MPEGtools and then load it into TMPG.

ASHY

Markpjones  2002-07-20 16:18:24 ( ID:byfgb8hg5fn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It's opened them for me too-should work.

Question - Xvcd No.25196
Msquared  2002-07-20 10:53:27 ( ID:.5.s4iefp9f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How do you convert an avi file to a xvcd file using TMPG ?

ASHY  2002-07-20 12:00:43 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

An XVCD is simply a VCD which doesn't conform to VCD standards. Most DVD players will have no problem with these disks and this allows you to create better VCD's by raising the bitrate and/or increasing the resolution of the MPEG.
To do this you first need to unlock the settings in TMPG. Look in your template folder and find a file called 'unlock.mcf' and double click it.
This will unlock the settings allowing you to choose whichever setting you require.

ASHY

mh2360  2002-07-21 00:16:26 ( ID:ujv2ebjxawc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Have a look here for some very good XVCD tempaltes:

http://www.kvcd.net/

Dee Tent  2002-07-21 15:38:28 ( ID:ugi5w/gv1yk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks everyone.

The question here was WHY not how.

Stepping around this problem can be done easily in a variety of ways: 1) Split SmartRipper's chapters (VOBs) into two pieces and treat them as separate DVDs. 2) Reduce the bitrate of TmpGenc to force a smaller MPG-2 size. 3) Use TmpGenc's Advanced|Source Range and create two MPG-2 files from batch (this one is twitchy because it can knock the audio out of sync).

My question was only to fill in a knowledge gap: What is the limitation that TMPGenc is warning me about and which Nero demonstrates so fully?

It is NOT a disk space problem. I have 30 GB left over after the complete processing. I've seen low disk space errors and they are not the same.

Whatever the problem, TMPGenc is set to raise an error message whenever the expeced MPG-2 file exceeds 4 GB. Why is it so?

Dee Tent

willyiam  2002-07-21 16:56:53 ( ID:nsbkh5almbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It's just a warning to lessen the chances of you making expensive coasters
when the DVD file size is larger than 4Gb.

Don't use the wizard if you want to avoid the warnings.

Question - how to "rip" the widescreen and not the full screen from dvd with that option when played No.25188
houseman  2002-07-20 08:34:07 ( ID:yagkro17hy2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

this dvd and some others i have come across when ripped with smartripper and then used in dvd2avi it is only in full screen..... but the dvd has the option when played to choose either widescreen or fullscreen.. i want to use the widescreen. is there someway to chooose only the wide format when going to make a project in dvd2avi or is there someway in smartripper to rip the wide format

ASHY  2002-07-20 12:09:47 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm not sure what you mean. All DVD's are ripped to wide screen with DVD2AVI assuming the movie is widescreen in the first place. Unless you have resized the movie using the resize filter in DVD2AVI.

It is your settings in TMPG that are causing the problem. You must select '16:9 display' as the source aspect ratio in TMPG and 4:3 as the output ratio. This should give you a widescreen movie.

ASHY

ASHY  2002-07-20 12:15:53 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Oh and make sure you select 'Full screen(keep aspect ratio)' as the Video arrange method.

ASHY

Griff  2002-07-20 16:17:21 ( ID:hrx7erbzyah )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

> I'm not sure what you mean. All DVD's are ripped to wide screen with DVD2AVI > assuming the movie is widescreen in the first place

Sorry Ashy, but this is a smartripper issue. Since the dvd's got the option to choose between wide and fullscreen, it contains two main movie streeams: one 4:3 and the other 16:9. You chose "movie" mode in Smartripper, which then ripped out the first movie stream it came to, the 4:3 stream.

There are several ways to get around this, but I'd personally choose "backup" mode in smartripper to dump the entire DVD on your hard disk. Id then use IFOEdit to rip out the 4:3 stream; this would result in the VOBs being rebuilt by IFOEdit, and DVD2AVI would then lock onto the 16:9 stream.

If you need any info on how to use IFOEdit got to doom9's excellent website http://www.doom9.net It's not easy to use but will solve the problem.

Griff

ASHY  2002-07-20 17:17:01 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hmm, I have never come across a DVD with two main movie streams before. I wasn't aware there were DVD's like this. Thing is I don't see the point seeing as most DVD players have a zoom option. It just seems like a pointless thing to do unless it has been specifically created using a Pan and Scan editing machine to show the most important parts of the movie.

Thanks for the info Griff you learn something new everyday.

ASHY

willyiam  2002-07-21 00:40:22 ( ID:nsbkh5almbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

SmartRipper is aptly named:
If the first Program Chain is 4:3 then look for another Chain of the same length and select it....Why go to all the bother of ripping the complete DVD and then running it through an editor! What a waste of time!

A few minutes reading Help Files can cure most problems, in any software. But there again, who bothers to read help files anyway?

Griff  2002-07-22 09:48:20 ( ID:hrx7erbzyah )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

> unless it has been specifically created using a Pan and Scan editing machine to show the most important parts of the movie.

Correct. The 16:9 widescreen is an optional extra, it's smaller in size than the 4:3, because of those horizontal black bars which compress very well temporally (P and B frames bon't need any info on the) and spatially (jpeg like compression of the I frames).

> SmartRipper is aptly named

Unfortunately Smartripper's not THAT smart, when presented with multiple movie streams it'll give you the first. You can try looking for another chain of a similar size, and you may quite easily succeed. However, what you end up with may prove interesting viewing.

If you would like to work on an example, get a copy of "Futurama Vol 1"; there's only one way to rip this DVD...

Griff

ASHY  2002-07-22 16:02:07 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don't know if this will be relevant to this case, but whenever I have problems with Smartripper, I have always managed to solve it by using VSTRIP.

I'm sure VSTRIP would allow easy identification of both streams and then allow the choice for either one to be ripped without any problems as it also allows the IFO to be examined and used for ripping.

ASHY

Question - It Thinks its encoded but has not No.25187
Mike  2002-07-20 07:43:59 ( ID:zsvsj8s7lrk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have captured an MPEG2 file with ATI all in Wonder and am converting it to VCD but TMPGEnc processes the MPEG2 in a matter of seconds does not come up with an error and has not actually converted the file !!!

Any ideas?

Question - No Audio when converting avi to mpeg No.25184
Ken  2002-07-20 06:32:35 ( ID:kbtch5zqeww )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

when i try to convert some avi files for vcd the audio is not recognised but with others it is? what is the problem?

Minion  2002-07-20 07:20:23 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You probably have to extract the audio to a wav file with "virtual dub" or if the audio is AC3 then you can use an "AC3 decoder" to convert the audio.Tmpgenc only supports certain audio formats and some of the ones it does support it has problems with like any compressed audio source...........

mh2360  2002-07-21 00:19:16 ( ID:ujv2ebjxawc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What you have is probably a Divx file, try using this codec pack...

http://www.btinternet.com/~nimosiro/

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.