TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 454 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question Recommend PC Configuration BigVince 4 2002-08-10 23:38:33
Question I can't load .avi created by Adobe Premiere 6 Jeff 1 2002-08-11 05:57:37
Question Color distortion KBomb119 0 2002-08-10 01:50:08
Question Quailty Problems HandCuffs4me 3 2002-08-11 23:52:37
Question Same sound problem...AGAIN! spongebob 5 2002-08-12 23:15:07
Question Error while converting -1227332981 4425248 Tampa 0 2002-08-09 17:40:21
Question what the .. MndWrp 0 2002-08-09 17:18:40
Question Converting interlaced AVI to VCD-compatible MPEG-1 Tal Lichtenstein 1 2002-08-09 22:28:44
Question TMPGEnc and the files *.d2v , I need help Francisco 2 2002-08-09 21:56:00
Request Multi-Pass Encoding and/or better 2-Pass Encoding Peacemaker2000 1 2002-08-09 21:45:02
Question tmpgenc freezes/locks up! please help akira 6 2002-08-14 18:33:07
Question Convert avi file to mpeg1 Ernist 1 2002-08-09 10:11:24

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 454 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - Recommend PC Configuration No.26331
BigVince  2002-08-10 03:16:34 ( ID:3xkghnfgfyr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This is my third post here. My current PC is an Athlon 1.4 thunderbird, on an ASUS a7v133 motherboard (via chipset). I am experiencing major problems getting TMPGEnc to run on it, and I strongly suspect it is the cpuc/mobo combination.

So my question is, for those of you who run TMPGEnc flawlessly, what cpuc/mobo combination do you run?

For those of you who have problems, same question.

I'll be putting together my next PC soon and selling off my old Athlon, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Vince

closms  2002-08-10 07:01:36 ( ID:w7roxuhomja )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, I have an athlon 1900+ with an asus a7v333 mobo.
Tmpgenc works flawlessly on this combo.
Now if there was only a linux port ;-)

Mike

Olli  2002-08-10 08:14:27 ( ID:dazey0v8lbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am using an Athlon XP2100 with an MSI KT3 Ultra mobo.
No problems here

Minion  2002-08-10 22:03:08 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I use a Intel 1.7ghz with a Gigabyte Motherboard intel 845 chipset 400mhz FSB 256mb PC2100 DDR-Ram, and it runs like a charm,I haven"t had a single error of any kind useing this system and tmpgenc, and my old Intel 800mhz ran like a charm also,Intel systems seem to run pretty good with Tmpgenc, and the one I have is cheaper than a Pentium and a Athalon, $499 Canadian for the whole system (no monitor)..

BigVince  2002-08-10 23:38:33 ( ID:3xkghnfgfyr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks everyone for responding to my e-mail, especially Minion. I'll be ordering my components next week. I think that this is a great forum. I'm opting for a Intel based system, primarily because I'll be using it as an HTPC, and I know that they are considered more reliable. I'm happy to hear that TMPGEnc and Athlon seem to be compatible too.

Thanks again.

Question - I can't load .avi created by Adobe Premiere 6 No.26329
Jeff  2002-08-10 02:51:24 ( ID:mjbvsitt332 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I use Adobe Premiere 6 as my editing tool. I export my
project as an "Microsoft DV AVI" file which is one of
the template provided by Premiere 6. However, TMpeg could
not load the file. How can I correct my process so that
I can use Tmpeg to create VCD out of avi file created by
Adobe Premiere 6?

Minion  2002-08-11 05:57:37 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You probably need to raise the priority of either the "AVI VFW file reader" or the "OpenDML file reader" but if you raise one of them disable the other,You do this by going to "options" to "enviromental settings" to "vfapi plugins" and there should be a list of file readers and raise one and disable the other one then try to load your file in and if it don"t work then raise one and disable the other.....

Question - Color distortion No.26328
KBomb119  2002-08-10 01:50:08 ( ID:9p.djpi1eik )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can someone please tell me how to get rid of the color distortion that I have in my wmv files? When a friend of mine converts a wmv that has color distortion to mpg, TMPGEnc takes away the color distortion but when I do so, the color distortion is still there. Can someone help me?

Question - Quailty Problems No.26324
HandCuffs4me  2002-08-09 23:19:55 ( ID:u1s8of2ek6c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Does anyone know how I can make the quaility of my videos better. When they are playing in a small window in Media Player they are great, but when I transfer them to a VCD and play them in the DVD player they are very blurry.
Any help would be great thanks.

VJ  2002-08-09 23:35:49 ( ID:yvyzl4fy5kk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What are your problems with the sound ? I also have problems encoding a ripped dvd with tmpgenc. i take a .wav file and the .d2v file from dvd2avi into tmpgenc and the result is a very good video quality but a "noisy" sound. in the background you can hear a permanent "shhhhh" ...difficult to describe...sounds like something affects the sound quality during the encoding process. But i don't know what it is.
I have a new pc and a friend of mine has only a new mainboard,cpu and ram.we both have now a P4 with 1,6GHz running at 2,154 GHz overclocked by the Asus P4B533-E mainboard and 512 MB RAM. Overclocking could not be the reason because the problems still exists at 1,6 GHz !

Do you have the same problem ?

Minion  2002-08-10 02:20:29 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The easiest way to make the quality better is to raise the bitrate, the bitrate for a regular vcd isn"t high enough to get rid of all the artifacts and macro blocks,I"m a total Quality Nut, and do xvcd"s and xsvcd"s and the quality of this is pretty close to the original file that I am encodeing,I encode at a resolution of "704 by 480" with the CQ encode method with a minimum bitrate of 500kbs and a maximum of 5000kbs with 85-90 Quality, and these look Very good, accept not all DVD players will play vcd/svcd"s with these bitrates and resolutions, but if you don"t wan"t to go for a higher resolution you can raise the bitrate and if you use the CQ encode method the file will not bee that much bigger that it was with the CBR method...

HandCuffs4md  2002-08-11 23:52:37 ( ID:u1s8of2ek6c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thank you for you input... I am not having any problems with the sound just the video. I guess the real thing is the movies I am copying I shouldn't. I have a compliante DVD player and will try the higher bitrates. Hopefully this works

Question - Same sound problem...AGAIN! No.26318
spongebob  2002-08-09 23:11:52 ( ID:wgcxb6yag/c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I ve been having the same sound problems for some time now (WITH EVERY VIDEO). My sound gets staticy after every encoding session. Ive tried using SCMPX and modifying the settings but the quality never gets better. Are there any other solutions? What could be causing the problem? Please help!

VJ  2002-08-09 23:35:08 ( ID:yvyzl4fy5kk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What are your problems with the sound ? I also have problems encoding a ripped dvd with tmpgenc. i take a .wav file and the .d2v file from dvd2avi into tmpgenc and the result is a very good video quality but a "noisy" sound. in the background you can hear a permanent "shhhhh" ...difficult to describe...sounds like something affects the sound quality during the encoding process. But i don't know what it is.
I have a new pc and a friend of mine has only a new mainboard,cpu and ram.we both have now a P4 with 1,6GHz running at 2,154 GHz overclocked by the Asus P4B533-E mainboard and 512 MB RAM. Overclocking could not be the reason because the problems still exists at 1,6 GHz !

Do you have the same problem ?

And who can help ?

Minion  2002-08-10 02:27:49 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is this sound happen on your computer or on your dvd player??How about useing a Totally different encoder for doing the audio, Ashy said the "mpegdj encoder " was a good MP2 audio encoder and really fast, I use DB Power Amp sometimes to encode to MP2, they have a MP2 codec that produces vcd/svcd compliant audio files and it is free, it would actually be quicker to encode with no audio and the audio encodeing with DB Power Amp will only take 10 minutes.....

ASHY  2002-08-10 16:25:06 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can download MPEGDJencoder from http://www.xaudio.de/pages/encoder.html
It produces high quality VCD compliant mp2 files in lightning fast time from wav files. What it takes TMPG 30 mins to do and DBpoweramp 15 mins to do this program does in 2-3 mins.

ASHY

spongebob  2002-08-11 19:59:24 ( ID:wgcxb6yag/c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you encode the video and sound separate how do you get them back as one file or at least burned to the same disk without video and audio being off????????

ASHY  2002-08-12 23:15:07 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Once you have created seperate Video and audio file it is just a matter of using the simple multiplexer in the MPEGtools to combine the two together as one file.
File>MPEGtools>simple multiplexer
When you do ensure you choose 'MPEG1 Video CD' as the stream type if you are creating a standard VCD and 'MPEG1 VCD(non standard)' if you are creating a non standard VCD.

ASHY

Question - Error while converting -1227332981 4425248 No.26317
Tampa  2002-08-09 17:40:21 ( ID:z0juwapz776 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

While trying to convert an AVI file, I get the following error, constantly...

-1227332981 4425248

Does anyone know what this means?

Thanks!

Question - what the .. No.26316
MndWrp  2002-08-09 17:18:40 ( ID:pgbad3d/awk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

strangely when i encode anything its always blockily weird .. and no matter how i boost up the bitrate or any other settings its always the same result .. is something wrong with my cpu maybe ?

Question - Converting interlaced AVI to VCD-compatible MPEG-1 No.26314
Tal Lichtenstein  2002-08-09 17:14:27 ( ID:o.upugr0mlo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

I have an .AVI file that is definitely interlaced (comb effect on high motion screens). I want to create a VCD from this AVI file.
I'm not sure on what to set in TMPGEnc's options. I'm confused because it looks to me like more than one option seems to control the same thing (It's probably because I don't have a clue):

- Encode Mode (Video Tab) - does this only affect the MPEG header or does it
do something to the video stream itself?
- Video source type/field order - if I select my video is interlaced, what
does TMPGEnc do with this information? Is it used if I don't select the
Deinterlace filter as well?

Thanks,
Tal

Minion  2002-08-09 22:28:44 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The encode mode and video type are settings that Tmpgenc sets so in most cases you don"t touch them unless you were planning on doing a "3:2 pulldown", as to the correct field order if you load your file into the "Wizard" then Tmpgenc will analize the file and adjust it to the correct field order, if you are doing mpeg1/vcd you don"t have to worry about de-interlaceing because mpeg1 is a non-interlaced progressive format........

Question - TMPGEnc and the files *.d2v , I need help No.26311
Francisco  2002-08-09 17:13:42 ( ID:lo.ltjgdyn. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello.

When I make a *.d2v file, TMPGEnc open the file without problem, but if I record this file in a CD-ROM and open in other PC, TMPGEnc said "File *.d2v can not open or unsupported". I like make a database of *.d2v for make VCD or SVCD in anytime.

Sorry for my bad english an thanks -Javier-

artships  Home )  2002-08-09 18:41:42 ( ID:hvrhufqjkmc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The .d2v is only an index into the video file. Saving only the .d2v would be like keeping the Table of Contents of a book, and throwing-out the rest.

Minion  2002-08-09 21:56:00 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ArtShips is totally correct, the D2V file does not have any video or audio on it it is a frameserver file, it acts as a middle man between the encoder and the vob files transfering information to the encoder from the vob files .You will notice that the D2V file is a very small file not enough to store enough information to to contain video or audio......

Request - Multi-Pass Encoding and/or better 2-Pass Encoding No.26309
Peacemaker2000  2002-08-09 12:40:35 ( ID:jac9z0e/27n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Why doesn't TMPG use the full VBR that is specified, for example, i specified a VBR min2000 average4500 and max9000 he never goes to the limit of 2000 or 9000, the 2-Pass-VBR that TMPG uses is just a little bit better "constante" bitrate and 2-Pass Encoding is not enough in my opinion. The 9-Pass Encoding of CCE is very good, but i could never afford CCE (1995,00 $) ... by the way TMPG has a lot more features then CCE, so TMPG is the better Program in my eyes, but i can be a bit faster, and should have a Mutiple-Pass Encoding (i think 9-Pass should be enough) and a better VBR code.

That's all, i hope you can include/improve these things in the following versions. Bye Peacemaker2000

Minion  2002-08-09 21:45:02 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I was looking at the Features of Tmpgenc Pro and it said that it will support 24 pass encodeing,But if you are useing good quality source files there isn"t that much noticeable differance in quality between CQ vs 2-pass vbr in tmpgenc or One Pass VBR in CCE and 9-pass VBR,but every one has there own opinion of what looks good and what works for them.......

Question - tmpgenc freezes/locks up! please help No.26302
akira  2002-08-09 08:47:28 ( ID:8yfrh0k0y/a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

im encoding different .d2v files and every so often the pc will lock up during encoding, either VCD or SVCD encoding locks up. Ive tried defragging the hdd, scanning with nortons ect, but still no luck, ive been all over the net for days looking for a solution, think this place is my last hope!!
thanks for any help provided!

VJ  2002-08-09 12:55:48 ( ID:nxjofu2v2io )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Do you have Windows XP ? Perhaps that's the reason...try the latest patches !

Stanna  2002-08-09 14:47:42 ( ID:uqetpcsjnvk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Do you have Windows XP ? Perhaps that's the reason...try the latest patches !

Where are the latest patches for Win XP

willyiam  2002-08-09 15:03:48 ( ID:nsbkh5almbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

VJ is referring to Windows Update via the Start Menu.

akira  2002-08-09 15:10:51 ( ID:8yfrh0k0y/a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for replys, im running windows 98. version of tmpgenc is ...2.56.39.143
1,1 duron, 256 mb ram, 40 gig hdd. ect
just tried again on a different .d2v got 3 hours into it and crashed. Not very impressed seeing as i paid for the licence, ive tried emailing the company, but that was 3 weeks ago and no reply. :(

Paul Memoli  2002-08-09 17:38:51 ( ID:kqeswzcpkao )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

One possible reason for TMPG freezing up is that you may have some hacked versions of the DivX code on your hard drive. ... I used Virtual Dub a few days ago for the first time and the very first message I got was a warning about some specific files on my hard drive that could cause system freeze-ups.

A second reason for a freeze up could be a problem with the avi code and the audio and video streams (if that is the correct word). I was trying very hard (for 3 weeks) to make a VCD of Vamoire Hunter D "Bloodlust". One AVI file went thru TMPG nicely enough, but the mpg it produced had no audio. When I posted the problem here "Minion" jumped up and down and shouted "VIRTUAL DUB"!!! So I downloaded that program, installed it, and printed out the manual. At The same time I found another copy of "Bloodlust" on KaZaa that was dubbed in english. I downloaded that AVI file and deleted the former one. When I used TMPG to make an mpg from the avi it stopped at 32% done. Some sort of write error. I then went to Virtual Dub and watched the entire program... thinking that somehow just running it thru the Virtual Dub program would fix any kinks in it. It did NOT. The second run thru with TMPG also stopped at 32%.
Now I was pissed off... 3 weeks on and off trying to make a simple amine VCD was getting on my nerves! I tried something that Minion had suggested before, regarding the first (and now deleted) avi Bloodlust file... I went to Virtual Dub, and after making Bloodlust the active file, I clicked on "make a .wav file"
Then when I had a .99 gig .wav file I went back to TMPG and tried again... using the original Bloodlust avi for my video and the new Bloodlust .wav for my audio.... Son of a Bitch, but it worked! I just got thru watching my newest VCD. I don't know why it worked, but then again, I don't understand the inner workings of my car either... so I guess that's OK.

akira  2002-08-14 18:33:07 ( ID:8yfrh0k0y/a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanx for the reply! I thought it was just me going mad! lol
Ill give that a try with virtual dub, and ive also got an older version of tmpgenc to try out.....

Question - Convert avi file to mpeg1 No.26300
Ernist  2002-08-09 07:43:37 ( ID:brhwixig8s. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can you please tell me how to convert an avi file to an mpeg1. I have tried using the wizard and this requirs an audio and video file. When going thro the main prog I cant sem to find the way to do it. I want to encode the avi to mpeg and burn to CD. Any ideas please??

Olli  2002-08-09 10:11:24 ( ID:k24fqlswccn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Check out the guides at www.vcdhelp.com

They cover all you need to know but heres a couple more tips

- Always decompress the audio before converting. You can do this with various tools like VirtualDub, but I use the decompress utility that comes with the avi2vcd application (use google to find it)

- TMPGEnc will allow you to specify different audio and video sources but generally unless you are doing framerate conversion outside of TMPGEnc your audio and video source will be the same avi

Olli

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.