TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 334 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question Sound problem hoet 3 2002-11-22 19:49:55
Question cutting and mb on disk errut 3 2002-11-21 21:42:51
Request Corrupt MPEG files and what is being done about it? Piccolo 3 2002-11-22 18:06:34
Question 4Gb mpg file noel 2 2002-11-27 00:45:42
Question Corrupt Mpg Files - Update. VideoD00d 5 2002-11-22 09:53:18
Question Mpeg to Divx? with Plus Bruce Banner 9 2002-11-25 06:31:14
Question Tmpgenc goes EXTREMELY slow Flea77 0 2002-11-21 04:48:15
Question Using TMPGENC for windows mpg creation on Apple quicktime DVD burn James Dawson 3 2002-11-25 05:50:26
Question I Know its annoying, but i need help Brionic 1 2002-11-21 06:34:38
Question dispasointed Dave 2 2002-11-21 03:48:42
Question Adjust bitrate to fit 200% CD-size peter 3 2002-11-21 00:53:25
Question tmpgenc displays "error" and a weird number? tom 1 2002-11-22 18:47:33

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 334 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - Sound problem No.31059
hoet  2002-11-21 12:57:01 ( ID:9zxm3vo8wpo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a DV camera and i use Studio7 to make movies.
Wtih Studio7 i get a .AVI file to convert it with TMPGenc in a high quality DVD MPEG2 file.

I use a authoring software (Ulead DVD Workshop) to make and burn my DVD.

When i try to watch my DVD with my JVC DVD reader (new model) picture are perfect but sometime sound is cutted or jerky !!!!

What can i do to avoid this problem ?

Is it a data flow rate problem (bitrate) ?

Thanks for your help !

willyiam  2002-11-21 16:56:12 ( ID:nsbkh5almbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Had a similar problem with 7... Upgraded to V8 and the problem vanished... The new authoring module is fantastic. Far better than Spruce or MovieFactory... The MPEG2 Encoder has been vastly improved. In actual fact, I can't see any
difference in quality when compared with TMPGEnc... Capture-Edit-Render-Burn all in one package. Greatttttt.

Minion  2002-11-21 21:45:11 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It Can be a Bitrate problem, or many other things...if the Mpeg file before Burning it sounds Fine with good audio then it could be a bitrate problem but you shouldn"t be getting this with DVD"s unless you are pushing the Bitrate limit for DVD...

A380  2002-11-22 19:49:55 ( ID:0dwshxbwuhc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Use tooLame as external Audioencoder. In my opinion the audioquality is better.
A380

Question - cutting and mb on disk No.31055
errut  2002-11-21 12:22:05 ( ID:hopuwio3fbn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

if i want to cut a larger mpeg-file on several cd`s with mpeg-tools merge&cut, can i tell the programm the limit mb of the cd? because i don`t know the precise amount of minutes to fit on the cd i.e.svcd.

noel  2002-11-21 12:30:03 ( ID:oo2xamx11ya )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Usually 40mins is the limit for svcd

errut  2002-11-21 15:14:41 ( ID:hopuwio3fbn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

it can be 35 to 60 minutes.

Minion  2002-11-21 21:42:51 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Generally it won"t go by how many minutes you can fit on a CD-r Cuz poeple use differant bitrates...But usually about 795-820mb on a *0 minute CD-R...

Request - Corrupt MPEG files and what is being done about it? No.31051
Piccolo  2002-11-21 10:42:54 ( ID:gcinhmmb9lm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi

I am following the various reports on this issue.

I have the v2.59 Plus and will getting a DVD burner shortly it will likely come with Ulead DVD Workshop. I currently use MSP6.51a for the editing which has the DVD Plug-in.

So, I my question is. As there are ongoing issues relating to the ability to import the MPGs made by TMPGenc when is it likely that the developers will upload a version that is "guaranteed" to function correctly? It should not be necessary to to rework the MPEG2 file for it to be usable in the DVD manufacturing program!

Oh, do the developers keep an eye on this forum to be aware of issues such as this.

Thanks

Dodzzz  2002-11-22 14:00:26 ( ID:ckrrtd0brqr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I really hope they would fix this problem, because both DVD Workshop (trial version yet..) and TMPGEnc are superb DVD authoring tools.

Piccolo  2002-11-22 17:49:28 ( ID:gcinhmmb9lm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi Dodzzz

Glad for your input.

I agree, they are both fine products but they need to work in collaboration properly and the corruption caused in TMPGenc will not help it get the wider acceptance it is aiming for.

Anyone in the know who can advise on this?

Thanks

VideoD00d  2002-11-22 18:06:34 ( ID:0jnhaaa4ig2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Did you try sending a support email to Pegasys, and point them to the forums? Not sure if they read these forums or not but I can imagine they do.. So they are probably already aware of it.

Question - 4Gb mpg file No.31048
noel  2002-11-21 10:01:04 ( ID:oo2xamx11ya )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have just made a 4Gb movie using the DVD(PAL).mcf template within Tmpgenc.
I am now trying to put this onto a DVD (so I can play it on a standalone DVD Player), but NERO (lastet version) keeps tell me that it can't do files over 2Gb.

Do I need to split it in Tmpgenc into 1Gb bits ?

ASHY  2002-11-21 20:53:48 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can't create a DVD with NERO that way. You need DVD authoring software to create the VOBS first.

ASHY

jdacunha  2002-11-27 00:45:42 ( ID:mxx4cvozknr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What is the best authoring soft in your oppinion? I'm planning to buy NeroVision Express but on VCDhelp board they say I can not re-encode MPEG files (I did with TMPGenc) with Nero. What do you thinK?

Question - Corrupt Mpg Files - Update. No.31042
VideoD00d  2002-11-21 07:20:14 ( ID:0jnhaaa4ig2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Further down in the forums you will see 2 issues dealing with MPG files encoded with TMPGEnc. In one case a guy is having problems making a DVD title set using Ulead DVD MovieFactory and Ulead DVD Workshop. His files will not import, and in some cases, will not export to DVD. In another case, DVD MovieFactory for me, and SpruceUp will not convert TMPGEnc encoded MPG2 files to DVD Vobs. Always a crash during export.

To those following the issue: The first time I had this bug in DVD MovieFactory, I took the same 2 mpg files that crashed and loaded them into SpruceUp. These 2 files also crashed SpruceUp on export to a DVD title set. I had to chop frames from the start/end of the movie to correct it, so it would burn. In which case, it worked in both packages.

Earlier today.. Again, I had files fail to burn/export in MovieFactory.. But just to be curious, I tried these files again in SpruceUp, AND THEY WORKED. Clearly this is not entirely a TMPGEnc problem. It seems to be more a problem with TMPGEnc and how it relates to other DVD burning applications. I think the question now is, what DVD Authoring package works the best with TMPGEnc?

What I'd like to know is - Do you take Mpg2 encoded files out of TMPGEnc at 352x480? If so, what tool do you use to burn these movies to DVD or create VOBS with them. If you've never seen a single error importing your TMPGEnc mpg2 files, authoring them, and then exporting to DVD? I want to know what DVD authoring package you use.

There is clearly an issue with TMPGEnc/Ulead/SpruceUp. I will continue to download and try some trial DVD authoring packages to see if I can find one that doesn't produce any TMPGEnc mpg file errors and post it here later.

Minion  2002-11-21 09:20:31 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have had Variours problems with Tmpgenc files but not very often...I usually use CCE these days Cuz the files are perfect for authoring and had never had any sort of error with those files Pluss the Quality is better....

VideoD00d  2002-11-21 21:10:15 ( ID:0jnhaaa4ig2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sure CCE is better, but it also costs $2000 :-(.. I'm only doing this in my spare time as a hobby and certainly couldn't afford that kind of money for a single piece of software. My entire computer system wasn't even that much.

Minion  2002-11-21 21:35:25 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Cum on ..You don"t need to pay for it...

VideoD00d  2002-11-22 01:38:53 ( ID:0jnhaaa4ig2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Uh.. I don't steal software. :-O

If I did that I wouldn't have paid the $50 for my TMPGEnc..

buga  2002-11-22 09:53:18 ( ID:8ze090hymlh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've also had some problems with TMPGencPlus 2.57 and Sonic DVDit!.
DVDit would crash during export to DVD. The error was really weird: "Frame size too large" or something like that!

I used Bitrate viewer and found that the last two seconds had a bitrate of 19Mbit/s.

So I cutted the last four seconds, Just In Case!

I re-analized the file and this time tha data rate peek was below the 9Mbit maximum for DVD standard.

But even with this choped file DVDit! would not export and would give tha same error message.

Question - Mpeg to Divx? with Plus No.31032
Bruce Banner  2002-11-21 06:55:34 ( ID:okww7x55z16 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm a newbie to all of this but i have to ask, After i have ripped and turned my movie form a Dvd file to a Mpeg (using TMPGEnc Plus, which worked great!), What is the next step, and what do i have to use to turn my Mpeg file to a Divx file/movie?

Minion  2002-11-21 09:17:38 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What in the world are you trying to do??????If you are Just trying to make a DivX file to watch on your computer then you have downloaded the Wrong Software and have done everything wrong...To make a DivX file out of a DVD/Vob files you DON"T make a Mpeg file first...You just convert the DVD/Vob files to DivX with a Totally differant piece of software like you can use "DVD2AVI then use AVImuX to join the audio streams or you can use "Gordain Knot"....and there are Many programs for Turning your DVD to DivX But you are useing the wrong software...and you will need to have a Full version of the DivX Codec...Tmpgenc is mainly for turning AVI/mpeg files to Mpeg1/2 for SVCD/VCD/DVD......

Bruce Banner  2002-11-22 03:58:32 ( ID:rikrkgx9/ec )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

OK! PIPE DOWN! I said i was wanting to know how and what to use, and i also said i was a NEWBIE! I just what to know how to make "Divx" movies from my DVD's,and what's the best programs to use. I can rip the dvd, and turn it into a "avi",Ok what's next,and/or what's the best program to use next,in making a Divx? Please, i'm just looking for information and a little know-how.You have to crawl, before you walk, right?

Bruce Banner  2002-11-22 04:06:04 ( ID:rikrkgx9/ec )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Oh by the way, i do have Divx Pro 5.02, not to mention other programs but, i'm trying to find out also how to use them. DIVX-DIGEST don't explain things in step by step english.

"Hookd On Phonix Werked 4 Mi"

buga  2002-11-22 09:58:15 ( ID:8ze090hymlh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Get DiVX Codec - you already did, so skip this.
Get DVDDecripter - decrypt the VOB files from DVD to hard drive.
Get DVD2AVI - Encode the VOB files to DivX
Use Nero - Burn DivX to CD

Here you go, step by step!

Convertorman  2002-11-22 13:53:38 ( ID:epgch8lyfnj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I used CladDVD XP to create the .d2v and vob files from the DVD.I was then able to directly load the .d2v and vob files into TMPGenc and output directly to an AVI using DIVX 5.02. This was done using only TMPGenc. Nothing could be easier. I do not understand why you guys/girls are using all of those other programs.

ASHY  2002-11-22 20:59:20 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just one comment to the NEWBIE. You do realise that DIVX is AVI?
So if you know how to encode an AVI then use the same process except use the DIVX codec.

ASHY

Bruce Banner  2002-11-23 06:59:55 ( ID:sd/jukdluq2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Special thanks goes out to, "buga","covertorman", and "ashy". Thanks you guys for the enlightning, and i really do mean that. Now for more of the annoying question.First, i have DVD2AVI,but how do you use the 5.02 to convert it,or shall i say, can you install the 5.02 codec into DVD2AVI? Second, how do you convert a VOB straight to Divx? Isn't there a step missing? This is where i'm confused because all three of you guys are basically saying the same thing,"Coverting it with Divx", but i'm not quiet understanding, could anyone of you elaborate just a little bit more?

ASHY  2002-11-23 12:07:53 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok first of all let me point out that this is the wrong forum for your questions and you shoild be visiting a Divx forum. This one is dedicated to MPEG encoding.
Also if you have a standalone DVD player then Divx files will NOT play in it. To play movies on your DVD player you must encode to MPEG.

Aside from that I'll explain a little.
Divx is an AVI format, even though the actual format is MPEG4 it is really an AVI.
To encode to DiVX you will need something called the DIVX codec. This codec can be used by any suitable encoder to create DIVX movies.

Whenever you use a particular encoder there will be option somewhere which will give you the ability to choose the codec you wish to use to encode, one of these will be the DIVX codec if you have it installed.

To see what I mean make sure you have the DIVX codec installed. Now load any file into TMPG then click File>ouput to file>AVI file.
In this box you will find two fields, one named 'Video' and one named 'Audio'
Click the setting button at the right for the 'Video' field and up will pop a 'Video compression' box.
This is where you choose your CODEC. Click the drop down menu and on the list should be your DIVX codec, select the CODEC then click 'Setting' and then the options for that particular CODEC will pop up.
After you have chosen the options for that codec you want then just click ok, find a place to ouput the file and then click 'Save'

Your DIVX will then be created using the option you set in TMPG and the CODEC.

I hope that explains the use about CODECs.
I'm not going to give you a tutorial how to use DVD2AVI to create an AVI because even though the name suggests it, DVD2AVI is not a good program for AVI's. It's main use is to use it as a frameserving tool for programs such as TMPG to create MPEGs which camn be played in your DVD player.
I also am not sure why you want to create AVI's instead of MPEGs unless you don't own a DVD player.

If you really do want to create an AVI then I will give you a link to an excellant and easy program to create AVI.

ASHY

Bruce Banner  2002-11-25 06:31:14 ( ID:0ak3t55hiz2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks ASHY,
I now about Codecs, I might have gone off the path with the Divx/AVI thing, it doesn't say what kind of forum this is, all it says is "TMPGEnc BBS".I thought that i could get help here being that the TMPGEnc that i have has an AVI output, and i wanted to know how to use it to make a Divx file. I want to learn how to do all types of files , old and new. I know how to make a perfect MPEG with no problem, next up..Divx, after that, i'll learn how refine everything that i do know(just like everybody else). I found out how to bring that codec up(DivxPro), along with the others inside of tmpgenc. I just can't get the thing to work. Anyway, thanx for the help, but if you don't mind you can show me those links that you were talking about, anything will do.
Again Thanx,

B.B.

Question - Tmpgenc goes EXTREMELY slow No.31031
Flea77  2002-11-21 04:48:15 ( ID:y3ls4.pchpa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am working on an Athlon 1.2Ghz machine, 640MB ram and Tmpgenc 2.59.47.155. When I try to encode a file into MPEG format for an SVCD it takes way too long to encode, say 14+ hours! I check the cpu useage and it it not using it at all (win2k). Sometimes it will encode at a good speed (1 hour of video takes about 1-1.5 hours to encode) for a short time, useing 90-100% of the CPU, then it suddenly drops to 1% and stays there.

I am running the same version of Tmpgenc on my Athlon XP 2100+ and it does not have these problems. The 2k machine with the problem is a fresh install with all updates. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Question - Using TMPGENC for windows mpg creation on Apple quicktime DVD burn No.31027
James Dawson  Home )  2002-11-21 00:52:31 ( ID:azym3s6cmzw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have TMPGENC Plus and use on a Windows system.

A friend has a CD burner but an apple system.

If I encode DVD MPG2 standard mpegs, put them on a couple of Cd's and take them to his place can I create a DVD from that?

He is using Apple's DVD Studio Pro and the way he currently uses it is the application merges separate video and audio streams. The QuickTime plug-in creates two separate streams, one for video and one for audio which DVDSP then imports and merges as part of the formatting process.

Dragon  2002-11-21 01:14:00 ( ID:nolpi9uk6dg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No!

Minion  2002-11-21 09:07:34 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

YES..well Probably...a mpeg file is a Mpeg file no matter if it is on a Apple or a PC...what might matter is if the language that the mpeg file is written in is compatible with APple..Well I think it should be Cuz Like I said a Mpeg file is a Mpeg file no matter what system it is on....

Bruce Banner  2002-11-25 05:50:26 ( ID:0ak3t55hiz2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You know Ashy, i might have gone off the path a little, but the reason i asked about the whole "Divx/AVI" thing is that, I wanted to know, and learn how to create movies in all format, new and old. And since i have Tmpgenc, and it has an "avi" output, i really wanted to know basically how to use it to make a Divx file. It didn't have any listings of different types of forums to go to, it just said "TMPGEnc BBS" so i figured pretty much that meant anything goes.

But like i said i might have strayed off the path, but i still want to know how to use the avi function in TMPGEnc. The so called "on-line manual" that comes with the Plus version is kind of vague. I know all about codecs, it's just getting it (Divx Pro) to work with TMPGEnc,when the Divx Pro screen pops up, which i know how to get to come up. I just want to make sure i get my $48 bucks worth. Making a MPEG is no problem, i just want to go down my list a know how to do it all. Anyway, thanks for your help, and any links that you do have, will be greatly appreciated

B.B

Question - I Know its annoying, but i need help No.31025
Brionic  2002-11-21 00:17:30 ( ID:uzo.qtvzhgf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

OK, so i just got a DVD player that plays VCD, so if i use this program to make a VCD file, why does it just make a mpg file - will this play in the player? or does it need the .dat files etc to play VCD's - im just not sure how all this works. If someone could gimmie some advice, id appreciate it. thanks.

DonS  Home )  2002-11-21 06:34:38 ( ID:vot173mdedf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When tMPGEnc makes the MPEG file, that's just the first step. After that, you need to consider the CD burning software your going to use. Consider Nero by Ahead software. When you run it, you tell the wizard that you want a "VIDEO CD" and it pre-builds all of the needed directories and files (minus the actual movie). Then you drop the MPEG file into Nero's file window, Nero examines it for consistancy (and can rebuild if needed), then will burn the CD as a standard VCD. So tMPGEnc is half the job. You still need a package that will generate the VCD layout for you, and this is found in most popular burning programs. =)

Question - dispasointed No.31022
Dave  2002-11-20 22:11:36 ( ID:rhn.r.g.zlj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

HI...
Out of say 10 movies i tried to cut , only 4 work.

The problems that occured are : no sound and will just NOT cut on the
marks i set it to cut at. (plus some just wont let me view it as i cut)

I think TMPG is quiet limited to the file types it can handle, could
somebody recommend a different, more versatile programme please?

Thank You Very Much.

Dave.

ASHY  2002-11-20 22:16:38 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No

VideoD00d  2002-11-21 03:48:42 ( ID:0jnhaaa4ig2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Look, you realize that where you can cut is limited by what type of video you have right. It won't matter what tool you use. Some video (like DIVX) only store a keyframe every 300 frames if that's how it's setup in the codec. If you then try to edit it with anything, you're not going to cut anywhere but at one of those keyframes. Just a heads up. I have a feeling the video you are working with is the problem and NOT TMPGEnc.

Question - Adjust bitrate to fit 200% CD-size No.31018
peter  2002-11-20 21:37:59 ( ID:fkyrtztywwg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a strange Problem.
Recently i installed Tmpgenc 2.59 und try to convert divX5 to SVCD (2 CD'S).

But the 4th window shows an estimated Filesize of 3 gig (400 % of an 700 MCB cd).
I can increase the average bitrate but not lower it, even in expert settings, the bitrate i.e. 800 isn't shown there it stays at 1600.
Can anybody explain why it isn't imposiible to lower the Bitrate?
ciao I

Minion  2002-11-20 22:39:57 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

First off Don"t nescessarily Believe what Tmpgenc says the final file size is going to be Cuz It doesn"t seem that it is very accurate..Use a Bitrate Calculator...If you are trying to Lower the Bitrate down to 800kbs(Much to low unless you like Crappy Quality) you will need to Load the "Unlock.Mfc" Template from the Extra Folder then all the settings will be unlocked...at 1600KBS you should be able to Fit about "One Hour" of SVCD on a 700mb(800mb) CD-R with OK Quality, But if you lower it any more than that the Quality will get progressivly Worse and at 800kbs the Video will be hardly recognizeable as the movie you encoded...

peter  2002-11-20 23:21:44 ( ID:mpr4lvx5kro )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi minion,
that's what I want to know, some times ago, I installed a previos release of tmpgenc and there I could reduce the bitrate as I need.
And now I thought I missed an option something like this.

thnks a lot.
ciao

peter  2002-11-21 00:53:25 ( ID:mpr4lvx5kro )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi minion,
that's what I want to know, some times ago, I installed a previos release of tmpgenc and there I could reduce the bitrate as I need.
And now I thought I missed an option something like this.

thnks a lot.
ciao

Question - tmpgenc displays "error" and a weird number? No.31016
tom  2002-11-20 21:19:11 ( ID:gcinhmmb9lm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, I'm trying to use tmpgenc to encode an avi into mpeg, I've never had problems with doing this before, but now when I try and do it, after doing the first few frames it brings up a dialog box, that says error, and a couple of random numbers, eg 1 10016 or, 22556 3345772 if I click ok, it brings up another box with a different number after a few more seconds, whats going on? and can I change something to stop this? At the moment I'm just using the default settings to turn it into a pal SVCD.

fixing it  2002-11-22 18:47:33 ( ID:uzqmbobgszh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

change from progressive to interlace or vice versa...

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.