TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 329 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question Archiving DV tapes onto CD Holger 2 2002-11-29 13:18:03
Request AVI with Clips to VCD Holger 3 2002-11-26 08:40:49
Question what is stream encoding Tryman 1 2002-11-25 21:38:21
Bug report Sequence Files xly 3 2002-11-26 00:18:54
Bug report Play Jumps Frames dshatz 3 2002-11-26 08:38:14
Question Installation of TMPGEncPlus on a non networked machine ? Pet. 1 2002-11-25 08:32:43
Question How to burn the mpegs into a VCD kray 1 2002-11-25 08:28:21
Question Mr Hian Cheng 1 2002-11-25 08:27:06
Question Splitting Xvid AVI files... ArcaneAvenger 1 2002-11-25 08:24:02
Question VOB to MPEG2 how to ? eugene 1 2002-11-25 08:20:41
Question Please summarise the issue around the Muxing error in v2.59 Piccolo 2 2002-11-26 09:31:50
Question What does can't load P3package.dll mean? danae 2 2002-11-25 18:32:48

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 329 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - Archiving DV tapes onto CD No.31237
Holger  2002-11-25 16:09:38 ( ID:aurnahzymkr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I want to archive all my DV tapes onto VCD or SVCD (no DVD burner yet).
I ahve been playing around and it seems that MPEG-2 is visibly the better quality, although 5 minutes of tape take 100 MB. But then, not even a 1-hour tape fits on a CD...
MPEG-1 fits perfectly on a CD, but the quality...

Does it make sense at all to first create a AVI, and then convert it?
Any suggestions how to do it best??

Thanks to all, Holger

Minion  2002-11-25 21:46:08 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No it doesn"t make any sence to make them AVI them emcode them to mpeg Cuz this still will not effect the Size of the file...If you want to use the SVCD format and want to get more Minutes on a CD-R you have to Lower the Bitrate..Lowering the bitrate will lower the Quality somewhat, so it is a Trade off with Quality and File size and the trick is to find a Good medium..You can get about 50-55 minutes on a CD-R in SVCD format with Fair Quality By lowering the Bitrate down to about 2000-KBS and lowering the audio bitrate down to 128kbs...

Holger  2002-11-29 13:18:03 ( ID:aurnahzymkr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

how can I lower the audio bitrate?
It is deactivated and fixed at 224...

I am slow wondering why, under settings - video, the video size says 480x576.
When I later watch the mpeg2 file, it appears to be pressed in x-axis, and on TV I need to switch to 16*9 mode to watch it in correct relation.

Weired, hmm? What am I doing wrong?
Thanx, Holger

Request - AVI with Clips to VCD No.31233
Holger  2002-11-25 16:04:10 ( ID:aurnahzymkr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am using the Movie Maker to record an AVI file from my DV camera. I have the software create clips, so I can directly jump to a certain scene. I want these clips (index?) also appear in the mpg file, but using TMPEGEncoder, this info is gone. Burned on CD, I only have one file to choose from, whic is the converted avi file.
Any way to keep these clips or have an index created based on these clips?

Thanks in advance,
Holger

Minion  2002-11-25 21:41:16 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think you are talking about "Chapters", to put in Chapters you need to use a Burning or Authoring program that supports Chapters...A free one is Called "VCDEasy" but Programs like "Ulead DVD Workshop" are Much better for this type of stuff...

Holger  2002-11-25 21:47:50 ( ID:aurnahzymkr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I used VCD Easy to burn the file to CD. But I found out that the mpeg file converted with TMPG from an avi file, does not have this clip or chapter anymore. So I think TMPG is loosing this information, or at least ignoring it. Bug or missing feature, this is what I am trying to find out...
Any idea? Thanks, Holger

Minion  2002-11-26 08:40:49 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you have somehow Put chapters in the AVI file (Didn"t think it was possible) Tmpgenc WILL not transfer them to the Mpeg file..No Encoder Has this feature...

Question - what is stream encoding No.31231
Tryman  2002-11-25 15:42:33 ( ID:qxkp34/gc7w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have encoded a divx file to mpg. When I try to burn it to vcd in Nero I get the following error: "Stream encoding wich is invalid for (super)vcd"
Is there a setting I should change before I encode the file?

Minion  2002-11-25 21:38:21 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This error is usually because you encoded a Mpeg1 file instead of a Mpeg1/VCD file or the same with SVCD if you just encoded a Mpeg2 file instead of a Mpeg2/SVCD file..The way to make sure that you have the correct setting is if you go to "Settings" to "System" and the dropdown menu should be set to "Mpeg1.VCD" for VCD files and to "Mpeg2/SVCD" for SVCD files it cant be set to a Plain Mpeg1 or mpeg2 file..The difference between the 2 types of files are the Header and the Mux rate...

Bug report - Sequence Files No.31227
xly  2002-11-25 09:59:12 ( ID:1yqj.adu4rc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When capturing DV personal files with Scenalyser I create a lot of sequential files. When I want to load them into TmpgEnc with the Option "Open sequence file as a movie", only one part of the files are loaded. It seems that there is a limitation of the maximum number of files (or frame, or time ?).

Can you please check.

I am a registered user

xly

Piccolo  2002-11-25 10:57:28 ( ID:maw9qtlmp4n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi

I did a quick test on this and it does only "show" the first file loaded i.e. DV-00001.avi but the encoding runs through the other files as expected.

HTH

Minion  2002-11-25 21:34:51 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thats right ,you can go to the Source range windeo and moove the slider and see if the all the files are there in the correct order..

ASHY  2002-11-26 00:18:54 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Check it using the preview option. File>preview

ASHY

Bug report - Play Jumps Frames No.31223
dshatz  2002-11-25 08:49:47 ( ID:gdrmvkfd2da )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have encoded NTSC AVI to DVD MPEG2 video using several different TMPGENC settings (VBR, 2Pass VBR, CBR, High Quality, Video & Film content, etc). All produce videos that jump frames on playback (video runs ok then freezes a few frames then continues). This occurs on different video sources too. The same video sources works fine with ShowBiz and Video Studio encoding. I would like to purchase TMPGENC Plus but can not until I understand why this problem occurs or is fixed.

Any comments suggestions welcome, Thanks

Minion  2002-11-25 21:33:20 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This particular problem Is Usually not a Tmpgenc problem But a problem in how you are encodeing the source file and there can be quite a few different causes for it..It can be that you are encodeing to the Wrong frame rate ..You allways have to encode to the same frame rate as the source file or you will get Jumpy playback..Or it could be because you have the incorrect field order set this causes Jumpy playback..And sometimes while Playing on a DVD Player you can get Bitrate spikes and you dvd player Cant Suddenly spin fast enough therefor causeing the Video to slow down till the Disk can spin at the correct speed, This in some cases can be attributed to Tmpgenc...

dshatz  2002-11-25 23:21:43 ( ID:wna8p1qrgbo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks. How can I find out what the source file (AVI in most cases) attributes are? I am using ULEAD Video Factory to author and burn the DVD. Is there any issues there?

Minion  2002-11-26 08:38:14 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well Usually you can find that out Just by Right Clicking the file and going to "properties"...But if it isn"t listed then you can download a Program called "AVI Info" this will tell you the Files properties..You can find it on Google

Question - Installation of TMPGEncPlus on a non networked machine ? No.31221
Pet.  2002-11-25 07:55:17 ( ID:osmmagdf0al )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello,

I purchased a TMPGEncPlus licence and downloaded the installer. But because the installer *requires* a internet connection to install TMPG (Why ??), I was unable to install and use it.
Is there any solution for this ? I can not hook up the machine in question to the net.

thanks in advance,
peter.

Minion  2002-11-25 08:32:43 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You probably need to be hooked up to the net Cuz it varify"s that the serial number isn"t allready used By someone else...what you can try is to install and register it on a Computer that IS on line then copy the files onto a Disk and then put the files on your Non on line computer...That might work..

Question - How to burn the mpegs into a VCD No.31219
kray  2002-11-25 07:38:24 ( ID:mxldv4wguz. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have the mpeg files created. How do I actually create the VCD and burn into a CD? I mean all the required directories and files for the VCD.

Minion  2002-11-25 08:28:21 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You have to use a Burning program that is designed for Burning VCD/SVCD"s ..like "Nero" or "VCDeasy"..

Question - Mr No.31217
Hian Cheng  2002-11-25 07:33:25 ( ID:4bbk5n9bato )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am using the TMPGEnc 2.59, whenever I encounter problems, coding will be aborted automatically. Is there a way to resume coding, rather than overwrite the partially completed mpg file and start from the beginning ?

Thank you.

Minion  2002-11-25 08:27:06 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can use the "source range" in the "Advanced settings" to start encodeing were Tmpgenc left off and join the parts after encodeing is complete..usually if the encodeing crashes it usually meant that the source file is corrupted in some way...

Question - Splitting Xvid AVI files... No.31215
ArcaneAvenger  2002-11-25 06:41:34 ( ID:l6kfunnawgr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello

I have a 700 mb movie thats encoded in a Xvid Avi format. How can I split it? I have tried a Avi chopper but it freezes everytime. Is there anyway to split it with TMPGENC or another program? I can't encode then split because it will take a whole 24 hours and I dont' have the time right now, so if i split then encode I can do it over a period of 2 days or something. Any suggestions? I appreciate any help.

Thanks
ArcaneAvenger

Minion  2002-11-25 08:24:02 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You don"t need to split it Just use the "Source Range" in the "Advanced Settings" this will let you encode the movie in Parts...You must have a Really slow CPU if it takes 24 hours to Encode a Movie...You can Get a New 2ghz p-4 with everything accept a Monitor for under $300 us...

Question - VOB to MPEG2 how to ? No.31213
eugene  2002-11-25 04:16:09 ( ID:cdlvu8mc3qm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello

Ok i have a DVD where i have recorded a from an Analog Source to DVD
Now the original tape is gone I am just left with DVD, i need to be able to convert VOB to MPEG2 stream so i can import it into something like Pinnacle Studio 8 to do some editing.

Please help me how to do that.
VOB are not ecrypted or anything like that, it's a home video that was recorded to DVDR

Thanks

Minion  2002-11-25 08:20:41 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If there is Just one audio track and it is Mpeg audio then you can probably get away with just renameing the Vob file to Mpeg..But you realize that Pinnacle studio is not a Mpeg editor and it will re-encode the files therefore looseing Most of any quality you have and it will take Quite a long time to output the edited file Cuz they will be re-encoded...If you want to edit the Mpeg file you should use a real mpeg editor that will not re-encode the file...You can use Tmpgenc"s Mpeg tools for that But it doesn"t allways work But Womble Mpeg2VCR is fairly good But I still prefer Cyberlink Power Director 2.5...

Question - Please summarise the issue around the Muxing error in v2.59 No.31210
Piccolo  2002-11-25 00:18:33 ( ID:gcinhmmb9lm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi

I have rather lost track of the various postings about the Muxing error in version 2.59 and would very much appreciate a summary in respect of my questions below.

I intend to create PAL DVD MPEG2 files for burning with my new (when I get it) DVD burner.

Does the muxing problem affect all file types - VCD, SVCD and DVD?

I will likely be using Ulead Plugin included with MSP6.51a to start with and later DVD Workshop or Factory. Depends on features and price in the UK!

I hope ASHY or Minion can summarise the issue in relation to the file type(s) and the Ulead products?

Incidently, are there any DVD creation programs that are not affected by the Muxing error?

Many thanks

ASHY  2002-11-26 00:26:40 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thye muxing bug is only affecting MPEG1 files. TMPG is using the standard VCD muxing rate for all VCD MPEGs regardless of the setting. This causes problems with playback.
MPEG2 doesn't seem to be affected.

ASHY

Piccolo  2002-11-26 09:31:50 ( ID:gcinhmmb9lm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi ASHY

Many thanks for summarising the issue for me.

You have given renewed confidence in the program.

I am going down the DVD (MPEG2) route because all my efforts with MPEG1 did not produce a good enough quality of viewable movie.

Thanks again.

Question - What does can't load P3package.dll mean? No.31207
danae  2002-11-24 23:43:11 ( ID:ayfnck8ohwc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I got the error message when I tried to load saying can't load P3package.dll. How to I get the movie to convert?

Thanks
Danae

Bruce Banner  2002-11-25 05:55:26 ( ID:0ak3t55hiz2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you moved the TMPGEnc out of the folder that you unzipped it from it will do that , because that "P3package.dll" is missing or nowhere around. Did you move the TMPGEnc or delete any files that came out of that program/folder?

Guest  2002-11-25 18:32:48 ( ID:n1fgic1dpog )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I got the same error message when I tried to run program out of the WinZIP window before extracting. Once I extracted all the files to a folder and ran the program, no problems.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.