TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 325 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question avi cannot be opened or unsupported? Dereck 3 2002-12-02 04:14:17
Question No Sound KJGreene 1 2002-11-30 22:35:43
Question problem with non standard vcd video bitrate andy 1 2002-11-30 18:40:42
Question TMPGEnc Stops 5 Minutes Into Project Kat 2 2002-11-30 22:42:38
Request Playback Of SVCD on a Standard VCD Player Anand.R.Gurav 1 2002-11-30 18:44:48
Request Mpeg1 blocky picture Anand.R.Gurav 1 2002-11-30 18:50:01
Question Error Message Can't load "P3Package.dll" Robert 1 2002-11-30 22:24:50
Question Is this to do with codec? eugene 0 2002-11-30 05:35:51
Question *.avi to *.mpg Elmo3115 2 2002-12-01 06:15:06
Question could not open audio source smiles 2 2002-12-02 00:35:44
Question still: bugy NTSC-VCD encoding?! Delphi 10 2002-12-03 18:04:20
Request Deinterlace filter Jasen Lentz 1 2002-11-30 18:54:10

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 325 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - avi cannot be opened or unsupported? No.31374
Dereck  2002-11-30 19:08:02 ( ID:anoz9rmzeel )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have 2 avi files I want to convert but I keep getting a "(filename) cannot be open, or unsupported" error everytime I attempt to open it. Why would this be? I've never had any trouble with files before.

Thanks, Dereck

Minion  2002-11-30 22:37:12 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Have you tried Raiseing the Priority if the "Direct show File Reader"??Go to "options" to "Enviromental Settings" to "Vfapi Plugins" and raise the "Direct show" to "2"...

Dereck  2002-11-30 23:32:37 ( ID:anoz9rmzeel )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks, that worked.

Speedy5491  2002-12-02 04:14:17 ( ID:alnij9bprzo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am having the same issue with avi files not being supported... I tried this fix but it didn't work for me .... any other thoughts?

Question - No Sound No.31372
KJGreene  2002-11-30 18:31:36 ( ID:ta8ih2kx64g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I converted a divx to svcd. I plays but there is no sound? And sometimes it is choppy. Can anyone help with the sound thing.

Minion  2002-11-30 22:35:43 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The Audio format in the Source file Might not be Supported in Tmpgenc...Try extracting the audio to a WAV file with Virtual Dub or Sound Forge then use that as the audio source...Your jumpy playback can be caused by a Few things, like Encodeing to a different frame rate than the source file, You must encode to the same frame rate as the source file..Haveing the Field order improperly set can cause Jerky Playback also...And sometimes you can get Bitrate spikes which will give an effect like the video slows down then speeds up to catch up with the audio, this is because the CD-R has to suddenly speed up to catch up with the Bitrate spike...

Question - problem with non standard vcd video bitrate No.31370
andy  2002-11-30 12:58:31 ( ID:9x0stpj9nfw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi,

is it possible that....since newer versions
the bitrate for vcd video is set back to 1150 ?

i try to encode with vbr max. 1050 or 900
the result is the same like standard vcd 1150 kbit

i can find no mistakes i made

ASHY  2002-11-30 18:40:42 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes, yes,yes for the millionth time the new version has a bug in it's muxer which means no matter what bitrate you set it will use the standard muxing rate which will add padding to non standard VCD.

Re-multiplex the MPEG with the earlier version using the 'Non standard VCD' setting and it will renove the padding.

ASHY

Question - TMPGEnc Stops 5 Minutes Into Project No.31367
Kat  2002-11-30 09:22:03 ( ID:smf4gu30nq6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This thread is 5 pages down, because I gave up after unsuccessfully trying Ashy & Minion's suggestions... I will recap them after my question, in case it is helpful.

I sort of put this project aside for a while, because it was frustrating me... but I need to get this movie on to CD's, off my hard drive, and move on.

Thanks for the tips, Minion & Ashy.... but I am afraid I need more of your expertise & ideas, to resolve this one.

I tried to de-multiplex and then multiplex, but it stopped at 5 minutes, just as the MPEG merge & cut tool did (it didn't "stop" per se... it acted as if it were completing a normal project... but it only processed 5 minutes of the video.) I have used TMPGEnc for many projects, and I have never had this problem.

I don't think the MPEG is corrupt, because I have no problems playing it with WinDVD, Windows Media Player, or even in TMPGEnc's Edit window.... I paid special attention at the point where the processing was stopping.... and it was fine (or at least LOOKED and SOUNDED fine.) It's really a good quality video, and I'd like to share it with my computer-phobic mother, who will need to view it on her DVD player.

BTW, Ashy, its MPEG 1, according to GSpot.... I bought TMPGEnc, so my MPEG2 tools work, but that is not even an issue here. GSpot also reported that there were no errors when it processed the file, if that helps.

I downloaded the evaluation version of Womble, and it will not allow me to try out its cutting abilities unless I buy it. VCD Cutter appears to be the same... (it says it can't "find" the file, when I try to set the cutting project up.) Are there any other evaluation programs that I might try, that will allow me to try out the actual SPLITTING of an MPEG?

This is frustrating, because I have always relied on TMPGEnc for any cutting or merging tasks.

Minion  2002-11-30 22:29:43 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You Can download a Full (But Older) version of Mpeg-VCR here: http:/www.apachez.net/ Look in the "Tools" section...

Kat  2002-11-30 22:42:38 ( ID:smf4gu30nq6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks Minion! I'll give it a try! :-)

Request - Playback Of SVCD on a Standard VCD Player No.31365
Anand.R.Gurav  2002-11-30 09:09:02 ( ID:38rrv8vnqw2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi! This is Anand once again.

I have come with a second problem which is as follows:-

suppose I have a video of bitrate like 6144 Kbps,and I want to encode it to SVCD(MPEG2 Format).After encoding the video to SVCD(using TMPGENC);will that disc be played on a Standard VCD pLayer or is there any setting to be made while encoding the video into a SVCD Format so that it runs smoothly on a Standard VCD player.
Second thing is that the duration of video on a SVCD is suppose to be 30 mins;and If I have a Video Which is of the duration Of 75 Mins;How do it encode it to a SVCD.

Please help me.

Thanks

ASHY  2002-11-30 18:44:48 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Surely u already know the answer to your own question. If you have a standard VCD player then obviously it's not going to play SVCD's, simple as that.

Encode your MPEG using the CQ VBR method and split the movie between 2 disks.

ASHY

Request - Mpeg1 blocky picture No.31363
Anand.R.Gurav  2002-11-30 09:00:58 ( ID:38rrv8vnqw2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi!This is Anand Here.
I am a Regular user of TMPGENC and am using since last 8 months.I have not yet downloaded the latest version of this software(ver.2.59);But soon I'll be trying it.My Problem is I am Into converting the Old VHS Tapes onto a VCD PAL.
Now I am Using a Video Capture Card which encodes the video at a Bitrate of 6144 Kbps.Later I use TMPGENC to encode the same video ,with Higher Bitrate ,into a VIDEOCD PAL Format.But the picture seems to be blocky(not very much).So somebody please help me sorting out the same problem.
I use the dsefault settings of the TMPGENC.Sometimes I make some changes in the Advance Settings(Custom Colour Setting/Soften Block Noise/etc.)if required.

So.I need some tips and Tricks so that I can Make the Picture Less blocky,Less Noisy, and enhance its quality.

You can E-Mail me at:-anand_gurav@rediffmail.com

Thank you,

ASHY  2002-11-30 18:50:01 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Now I am Using a Video Capture Card which encodes the video at a Bitrate of 6144 Kbps.Later I use TMPGENC to encode the same video ,with Higher Bitrate ,into a VIDEOCD PAL Format.But the picture seems to be blocky(not very much).So somebody please help me sorting out the same problem.

What do you mean higher bitrate? You can't possibly be encoding your VCD to a higher bitrate. 6144 kb/s is far higher than the standard VCD bitrate and at that bitrate it wouldn't give you a blocky picture.

The only way to reduce the blockiness is to raise the bitrate, but this will make the VCD non standard and may not play in your player. Just raise the bitrate until the blocks disappear and try it. Most DVD players will play Non standrad VCD's no problem.

ASHY

Question - Error Message Can't load "P3Package.dll" No.31361
Robert  2002-11-30 06:57:59 ( ID:hx.jdoic3il )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can anyone tell me what I can do about that error message? It comes up when I start to change the avi to mpeg.

Thanks

Minion  2002-11-30 22:24:50 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You are getting this error Because you don"t have all the Tmpgenc files in the same folder, all the files that come with Tmpgenc have to be in the same Folder Not just sitting on your desktop, and One of those Files has to be a File called the "P3P Package.dll", If you don"t have that file then re-download tmpgenc...

Question - Is this to do with codec? No.31360
eugene  2002-11-30 05:35:51 ( ID:84uwy9hwp0k )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,
i need help as i have a problem encoding to VCD using TMPGENC 2.56. Have a avi which i have edited and exported using pinnacle 8.1 to AVI. My problem start after TMPGENC encoder for a while and then a white screen appear. After finis encoding... i can get pic and sound but later a white screen with sound only. There was no error message. However.... when i play the particular AVI on windows media player i do a error "The file format is invalid.....(error code=0x8004022f, condition=15)
Can anyone help? I think it has to do with the codec..... which and where can i download one.

Thanks

Eugene.

Question - *.avi to *.mpg No.31357
Elmo3115  2002-11-30 03:36:08 ( ID:o0x4i47uopk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

At first I couldn't convert my *.avi files to mpgs, but when I played around, I could only convert the 14 fps to mpgs, but I have no idea how to convert the 29.97 fps to mpgs.

Minion  2002-11-30 22:21:35 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

With a 14.9fps AVI file you use the "14.9fps(29.97fps Internal)" setting to encode these movies, and with 29.97fps you use the "29.97fps" setting..What is preventing you from encodeing these files?

Elmo3115  2002-12-01 06:15:06 ( ID:lf8bomhf4rj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Whenever I try to open the file for a video source, it says that it cannot be opened, or it is unsupported. It did this with the 15 fps, until I used the Direct Show Multimedia File Reader without the 2 other avi file readers under the VFAPI plug-in part of the environmental settings. I can use them all as audio files, but no matter what options I use, it won't support the 29.970 fps files.

Question - could not open audio source No.31354
smiles  2002-11-30 02:37:20 ( ID:ghvttwecibn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i just down loaded the latest(?) 2.59 and now it tells me could not open audio source.........what do i dooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thanx :O)

Minion  2002-11-30 22:19:23 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try Raiseing the "Direct show File Reader" in the "VFAPI Plugins"....

smiles  2002-12-02 00:35:44 ( ID:ghvttwecibn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

thank you very much

Question - still: bugy NTSC-VCD encoding?! No.31343
Delphi  2002-11-29 17:32:25 ( ID:ushdz63rmyh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi!

Looks that my posting gets no more attention, but I still have the problem:

If I use the NTSC-VCD Preset to encode a MPG-File the file (original movie is 40mins long) is 50 mins long and the sound ends after the right time.
The Source-movie is 29,97fps, PowerDVD, FlaskMPEG, etc. told me that.

I used SmartRipper to extract the VOB-files, used DVD2AVI to extract the audio-track and used the *.d2v file that smart-ripper has make and loaded it.

I would be very happy if somebody could tell me a way to solve this problem.

Greetings!

ASHY  2002-11-30 18:52:36 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just cut out the last 10 mins after the movie ends using the MPEGtools.

ASHY

Delphi  2002-12-01 07:09:47 ( ID:ushdz63rmyh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Just cut out the last 10 mins after the movie ends using the MPEGtools.
>
>ASHY

That didn't solve the problem!
As I already sayed it, the whole video is everytime 10 minutes longer, but it
is the movie, if I cut out the last 10 mins this part gets lost. Didn't you
understand what I sayed?

Look, it's a NTSC-Video. 29,97fps. If I encode it with the NTSC-VideoCD preset
I get a 10 minutes longer video, but it's just "stretched". The WHOLE movie is
with the sound "out of sync". not just the last 10 minutes!

That's a TMPGEnc bug!

And now I want know what I must do to solve it.

regards, Delphi

ASHY  2002-12-01 17:56:52 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well next time clarify your question to obtain a correct answer. Simply stating that the movie is 10 mins longer doesn't imply it has stretched, but reads as if it had encoded an extra 10 mins of blank video at the end.

First of all if you are using the correct template then the length of the movie should be the same.
So the only thing I can suggest is to create another d2v file with DVD2AVI. Sometimes smartripper creates faulty d2v files.

When loaded into TMPG check the length of the movie using the 'Preview' option. If the length is stated as correct then go ahead and encode.

If not post back.

ASHY

Delphi  2002-12-02 06:25:10 ( ID:ushdz63rmyh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello again...

well i ripped the VOB's again and also in the TMPGEnc-preview the video
has the right length, but I encoded it again and is still too long. the sound
ends at the right time, after ~40 mins, but the video not.

I also tryed to encode the video in 2 parts and join both parts with the
MPEG-tools, but then it's also too long. weird problem. :/

B_Racer  2002-12-02 16:48:48 ( ID:gxmkoa4dlnj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You have encodet a Video with the wrong Framerate!

40/24*30=50 ;)

So use the FILM-Template, and all will be OK.

ASHY  2002-12-02 17:37:10 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Nobody said rip the VOBs again. You have simply recreated the same problem. I advised you to use DVD2AVI to create a d2v from the VOBs. Not smartripper.

I'm also not certain that even if the framerate was different it is the root of this problem as TMPG does do framerate conversion albeit not correctly. It usually results in jerky playback not desync.

Make sure 'Do not framerate conversion' is *NOT* checked under the advanced tab otherwise this WOULD cause desync if the frame rates were different.

ASHY

Delphi  2002-12-03 00:46:53 ( ID:ushdz63rmyh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>You have encodet a Video with the wrong Framerate!
>
>40/24*30=50 ;)
>
>So use the FILM-Template, and all will be OK.

Sorry, but you're wrong.
It's a 29,97fps video!

Delphi  2002-12-03 00:50:12 ( ID:ushdz63rmyh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Nobody said rip the VOBs again. You have simply recreated the same problem. I advised you to use DVD2AVI to create a d2v from the VOBs. Not smartripper.
>
>I'm also not certain that even if the framerate was different it is the root of this problem as TMPG does do framerate conversion albeit not correctly. It usually results in jerky playback not desync.
>
>Make sure 'Do not framerate conversion' is *NOT* checked under the advanced tab otherwise this WOULD cause desync if the frame rates were different.
>
>ASHY

Well, I did it and I got the same problem and the "do not framerate conversion" WASNT checked.

B_Racer  2002-12-03 09:05:21 ( ID:gxmkoa4dlnj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

> Sorry, but you're wrong.
> It's a 29,97fps video!

Who is telling you that? Some Programs are giving you wrong FpS-Datas. Like PowerDVD, MediaPlayer and much more Programs. They do PLAYBACK the Video by using 3:2-Pulldown while Playback. Sometimes DVD2AVI does this Error also (Force Film MUST be activated).
On DVD, most Films are converted by using 2:3- or 3:2-Pulldown. So the Video is stored with 23.96 FpS, not 29.97 FpS. While Playback, the Player converts it to 29.96 FpS. But if you want to encode such a Video, you HAVE to use 23.97 FpS.

ASHY  2002-12-03 18:04:20 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Count the frames in the original before encoding and count the frames in the encoded result and post back.

You can use the preview option in TMPG for this.

ASHY

Request - Deinterlace filter No.31341
Jasen Lentz  2002-11-29 12:53:27 ( ID:s7vybry2xsh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I was wondering if it would be possible to add a "blend fields together" option in the deinterlace like in Virtualdub. I think the "double" option is close but not quite the same. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

ASHY  2002-11-30 18:54:10 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you want that feature why don't you just frameserve your file using that option from Virtualdub to TMPG?

ASHY

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.