TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 239 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question TMPGenc Write Error nathan_higgins 0 2003-02-15 19:56:15
Question audio out of sync after merging AdonisXX 4 2003-02-16 16:07:52
Question Schneider 857 player not playing VCD's chewyshaun 3 2003-02-16 16:55:24
Question wav extractor program pakolainen 2 2003-02-16 15:04:01
Request extracting sound to wav format Pakolainen 1 2003-02-15 21:10:42
Question Problems w/MPEG2 encoding. Bad interlacing artifacts... nitelife 3 2003-02-17 08:12:58
Question no audio after i convert from avi files how do i fix this zackster111 2 2003-02-15 21:05:33
Question AUTO CLOSING HiMuRa 1 2003-02-15 08:13:52
Question AUTO CLOSING H|MuRa 0 2003-02-14 23:38:15
Question ntdll.dll error still Zuxius 4 2003-02-18 02:33:53
Question Frame rate conversion NTSC PAL CCTENG 4 2003-02-15 10:20:42
Question no audio after encoding Flint 2 2003-02-20 00:57:00

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 239 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - TMPGenc Write Error No.34534
nathan_higgins  2003-02-15 19:56:15 ( ID:wlkuwbq5i1o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

anyone have any idea what would cause the write error: http://nathan.link9.net/screenshots/tmpgenc-error.jpg

it happens when creating the temporary wave file, i am using tooLame as mpeg2 encoder, TMPGenc v2.510

thanks

Question - audio out of sync after merging No.34529
AdonisXX  2003-02-15 17:34:31 ( ID:voxmtbrx6gm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

why is it that on some mepeg files as long as they are separate the audio is fine but when you merge them the audio gets out of sink? is there away to merge these type of mepeg files and keep the audio in sync?

Thanks Guys!

Minion  2003-02-15 21:23:52 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It seems that the Merge & Cut has a Problem with Audio sync when mergeing and editing, I would sugest useing something like "Mpeg2VCR" to edit and Merge files or encode the files in one part instead of mergeing after encodeing..

Stormbringer  2003-02-16 02:04:30 ( ID:06ax9hyh2o2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You will need to use virtualdub to extract the audio to a wav file.
When you come to encode your video, select your original movie file for video and your wav file for audio. This will re-synch your a/v. You can find more info at www.dvdrhelp.com under conversions =o)

>why is it that on some mepeg files as long as they are separate the audio is fine but when you merge them the audio gets out of sink? is there away to merge these type of mepeg files and keep the audio in sync?
>
>Thanks Guys!

AdonisXX  2003-02-16 06:22:22 ( ID:voxmtbrx6gm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks Minion & Stormbringer very good information THanks guys!

Ashy  2003-02-16 16:07:52 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>You will need to use virtualdub to extract the audio to a wav file.
When you come to encode your video, select your original movie file for video and your wav file for audio. This will re-synch your a/v. You can find more info at www.dvdrhelp.com under conversions =o)

What?

He doesn't want to re-encode the file, he simply wants to merge it. Theres no point in extracting the audio to wav and re-encoding . It will still remain out of sync.
Try this http://www.doeasier.org/joiner/

ASHY

Question - Schneider 857 player not playing VCD's No.34525
chewyshaun  2003-02-15 15:35:53 ( ID:hdy/pgzln0n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, I have been using smartripper, dvd2avi and TMPGenc and burning VCD's with Nero. I have made many VCD's in the past all working fine on my SAMSUNG 709. I bought a Schneider 857 and a new laptop to make XVCD's but it wont even play normal VCD's properly. My VCD's that I made (before I got the laptop) on Vivastar media works fine on the Schneider. Any new VCD's I make on the laptop with the same media will work on the Schneider for about 40 mins and then gets heavily distorted. I have to burn with Ulead Video 6 on the laptop as Nero wont recognise my drive, I have also tried burning with Recordnow DX. I have tried different media and the best was datasafe blue which gets distorted after about 55mins of the film, can anyone help? Is it my laptop or what?

Minion  2003-02-15 21:19:29 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

From the reviews I have read this Player is supposed to be Fairly good and Can Play VCD"s and SVCD"s ...So all that I can think of is Because your Problems seem to be near the end of the Disk is that you are Burning your VCD"s at to high of a Speed so when you get close to the end of the Disk many errors are happening...You should Never Burn your VCD"s at High speed Cuz VCD"s have No error correction, I never Burn at a Speed faster than 8 speed on my 24 speed Burner...and Cheap disks can also be part of the Problem...

Ashy  2003-02-16 15:01:17 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I agree with Minion, as long as you are authoring the files correctly and using half decent media this player should play anything.

I owned one of these players for a while until just recently and it played everything I threw at it.

I also own a Toshiba Sd210e which plays everything except if I burn the disk higher than 4x even at 6x the disk would start to jerk and distort half way through the movie, at 4x it plays perfect.

So lower your burn speed. I always burn at 4x because I know from experience the disk will have problems in certain players if burned any higher.

One way to tell whether it is your burn speed or not is to play the disk on the PC. Usually these disks will play fine on the PC but not on your Set top player.

If it plays ok on the PC then it is likely your burn speed that's causing the problem.

ASHY

Ashy  2003-02-16 16:55:24 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have been using th 32x Data safe Silver premium disks made by Ritek. and also the Whitelabel brand by Princo.

Download this program http://www.gum.de/cdrid/ and check the dye type and manufacturer of your disk.
Below is the info returned from the disks I use:

ATIP: 97m 15s 17f
Disc Manufacturer: Ritek Co.
Reflective layer: Dye (Short strategy; e.g. Phthalocyanine)
Media type: CD-Recordable
Recording Speeds: min. unknown - max. unknown
nominal Capacity: 702.83MB (79m 59s 73f / LBA: 359848)

ATIP: 97m 32s 19f
Disc Manufacturer: Prodisc Technology Inc.
Reflective layer: Dye (Short strategy; e.g. Phthalocyanine)
Media type: CD-Recordable
Recording Speeds: min. unknown - max. unknown
nominal Capacity: 702.83MB (79m 59s 73f / LBA: 359848)

As you will notice the Dye technology is the same for both disks.

ASHY

ASHY

Question - wav extractor program No.34522
pakolainen  2003-02-15 11:54:02 ( ID:cubcje4p0ln )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

can anyone name a good freeware program for extracting avi audio to wav. format?????

YamYam  2003-02-15 12:16:41 ( ID:v7ftpjfzipj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

http://virtualdub.sourceforge.net/

Virtualdub, very good avi editor will extract avi audio into wave format.

Ashy  2003-02-16 15:04:01 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

AVImux is better as it can extract any format directly to Wav.
Virtualdub cannot handle Ac3 correctly whereas AVImux can and many more besides.

ASHY

Request - extracting sound to wav format No.34520
Pakolainen  2003-02-15 08:53:06 ( ID:cubcje4p0ln )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i am a newcomer to this ecoding system but have already managed to encode 2 movies and a coupleof tv programmes into vcd format, - they were a sucess, just tried a 3rd movie to find that after encoding the sound is missing, read articles here that state to extract the audio to wav format and then use that as the source audio file, but how do i extract the audio to wav format. Thanx in advance

Minion  2003-02-15 21:10:42 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Depending on what the audio format is would determine how you would do it, Virtual Dub can do most Audio formats accept it has problems with AC3 audio..You can use "AVI-Mux" with all audio formats to extract and Uncompress the audio to WAV...

Question - Problems w/MPEG2 encoding. Bad interlacing artifacts... No.34516
nitelife  2003-02-15 06:19:42 ( ID:hyel.x..372 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello,

I have an AVI source file from my Sony Digital 8 Cam (which looks great) that I'm trying to eventually burn to DVD. Whenever I use TMPGEnc I end with bad interlacing lines in the video, ESPECIALLY when something moves fast on screen.
Ive tried interlace encoding, non-int, even de-interlace, all different quality levels, with no success. These lines (visible distortion lines both horizontal and vertical when at full screen) are not in my source file, so there must be a setting I have wrong w/the encoders. any suggestions? This effect almost looks like you are viewing parts of the picture thru a screen.

Any help? Thanks ;) Gordon

Minion  2003-02-15 08:11:39 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Interlaceing is an Inherant part of the Video ,if there were no interlaceing then there wouldn"t be an image to watch..This shows up on your Monitor Cuz Monitors Display Progressive images and aren"t meant to disply Interlaced images so In thoery the Lines shouldn"t show up on your Interlaced TV set, that is if you have the Correct Field order set...But if they Really bug you a Lot then Tmpgenc has 16 differant De-Interlace Filters to choose from but it seems that either the Even field or odd field filters work the best, but make sure you have the correct field order set correctly..If you use the "Wizard" to load in your File it will analize your file for the Correct field order(Usually bottom field first for DV sources) and set it to the correct setting automaticly...And do not use Media Player to watch your Encoded files Cuz Media Player is not good for watching interlaced images, actually in my opinion it isn"t good for Watching anything, use a Software DVD Player like Power DVD....

Ashy  2003-02-15 09:59:59 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>These lines (visible distortion lines both horizontal and vertical when at full screen) are not in my source file

Hmm theres something wrong here.
There is no such thing as vertical interlacing lines as this is impossible because interlacing lines are drawn fro left to right on your screnn not up and down.

I guess these are interlacing lines, but you also have your field order set incorrectly.

As for Media player, actually Media player is good for checking you have coerrectly de-interlaced your movie as no de-interlacing filters are used which could fool you into thinking there where no artifacts in the movie whereas DVD software players use de-interlacing filters to remove any interlacing artifacts.

In most cases de-interlacing is not required as you shouldn't see the effect on your TV set as Minion says. It's only because Monitors use progressive scan techniques whereas TV's use alternate scan techniques that you can see the effect.

You should really use a software DVD player such as WinDVD to view your MPEG on your monitor this will remove the artifacts.

Having said all this and you are still not happy then using the Even or Odd de-interlacing filter in TMPG should solve your problem. Remeber though this affects the clarity of the image because you are throwing away half of the lines, but the result is still quite good and aceptable.

The best de-interlace filter there is has got to be AVIsynth's 'BOB' filter. Unfortunately AVIsynth takes quite a bit of getting used to as it's a scripting program, but becomes quite easy to use when you know how.

ASHY

wcpaul  2003-02-17 08:12:58 ( ID:7hktvp.ygm2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Here is my experience:

Interlaced display (TV) + Interlaced Mpeg file + proper bitrate =

Result indistinguishable from playing the original tape

Interlace artifacts mean the field order was set wrong. Other artifacts mean bitrate has not been managed properly.

Deinterlaced video will never look as good as interlaced on a TV but can look better on some software players.

Several freeware programs can correct field order flags after encoding. (PULLDOWN.EXE is a little cumbersome but works.)

Question - no audio after i convert from avi files how do i fix this No.34513
zackster111  2003-02-15 05:41:30 ( ID:ezsjicibmwn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

thanx a lot!!!

Sam  2003-02-15 05:56:10 ( ID:nolpi9uk6dg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Use a microphone the next time!

Minion  2003-02-15 21:05:33 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The Audio Needs to Be Extracted to a WAV file with something like "AVI-MUX" then loaded into Tmpgenc as the audio source...the audio in your AVI file was Probably AC3...

Question - AUTO CLOSING No.34511
HiMuRa  2003-02-15 00:39:20 ( ID:c76w0bwievo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

does any one know how to make tmpgenc automatically close when the encoding is done?

Minion  2003-02-15 08:13:52 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Do Not Keep Refreshing the Screen or back spaceing!!!!!!!!!!!

Question - AUTO CLOSING No.34508
H|MuRa  2003-02-14 23:38:15 ( ID:c76w0bwievo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

does any one know how to make tmpgenc to close automatically when the encoding is done?

Question - ntdll.dll error still No.34503
Zuxius  2003-02-14 21:41:18 ( ID:6omlo7bcvag )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have received this error just when the program is about o begin encoding. I would like to use this program to do these tasks, but as it stands I am unable to. I noticed other users that had successfully used this program had also run into such trouble as of late. I would very much like to knowthe cause of this problem!! Is this also a problem in the retail??? If it is, then why should I buy it?

dtkpride  2003-02-15 00:08:13 ( ID:ko9fdbykzef )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have this problem too!! Any Ideas Anyone?

exasperated  2003-02-15 03:33:48 ( ID:4bbk5n9bato )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I to have been receiving nttdll error messages at the start of encoding (especially with xvid files). While fumbling with the program, I realized that if you start off by encoding a normal divx 5.02 file (small snippet), followed by the actual xvid file, the error may sometimes be overcome (though it is still of a random nature)

have successfully encoded a few xvid files to vcd (mpeg files) in this manner. while it is not foolproof, at least there is a chance that it might work. hope the developers are able to address this issue soon.

exasperated  2003-02-16 13:41:15 ( ID:4bbk5n9bato )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

think i might have found a solution to encoding xvid movies that give nttdll errors. recently tried frameserving the movie from virtualdub into tmpegenc, seems to work fine. however,this is only the video stream, audio stream has to be separately delivered into tmpeg (i.e. can extract the audio as wav from the avi first)

hope it is useful

Darrell  2003-02-18 02:33:53 ( ID:wsiilbqc0in )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

it might due to the display driver

Question - Frame rate conversion NTSC PAL No.34498
CCTENG  2003-02-14 20:59:24 ( ID:df5echnkfim )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am desperately looking for a frame rate conversion software ( between NTSC and PAL ) which is better than TMPGENC. TMPGENC will do the job but results in jerky video ( The way it does the job is to insert or remove one frame for every 4 frames and doesn't do actual frame interpolation ). Virtual Dub and AVI frame rate converter don't do real frame rate conversion, they do the job by reducing or extending the video length. Anybody out there have any idea where to look for such software ?

YamYam  2003-02-15 00:16:20 ( ID:v7ftpjfzipj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I wish the tmpg team would add more support for this (i always ended up with jerky playback as well), i asked the same question before, try canopus procoder.

http://www.canopus.com/us/products/procoder/pm_procoder.asp

It says on the website its got full support for converting NTSC to PAL & vice versa.

CCTENG  2003-02-15 03:15:05 ( ID:df5echnkfim )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thank you for the information, Yam Yam. I downloaded the demo version of ProCoder 1.2 and tried it. It actually makes a big difference. The software is also a little faster than Tmpgenc . The only bad thing is that they are asking a little too much for it : $699 ! But I need it and I think I will buy it.

Minion  2003-02-15 08:23:59 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Tmpgenc Does TERRORABLE Frame Rate conversions and Is Not meant for This at all ..There are specific Pieces of software that are Meant to do this, Like "Advanced Pal/NTSC Converter" and even the "Canopus Format Converter" will do it, actually Both will do it faster than Procoder will Cuz Procoder is One of the Slowest Format converters there is, I have the Full Retail Version of Procoder and I hardly even use it because if this Fact But it is a Very Good Quality Mpeg encoder...and there is a Way to do it Manually also But it takes Quite a Long time especially if you are Converting 29.97fps to 25fps...

Ashy  2003-02-15 10:20:42 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Why not just use AVIsynth. It has one of the best frame rate coverters there is as it is based on the same techniques as proffessional frame rate converters.

AVIsynth does a very good job of frame rate conversion and I have used it many times in the past. Not only is it fast, but best of all is totally free.
AVIsynth is a very powerfool tool which can perform practically any job required in video applications.

AVIsynth can be obtained here:

Here you will find the command required for the filter. Click the link for frame rate conversion and look for 'ConvertFPS'. http://www.videotools.net/index.php?rub=guides then click the link titled 'Avisynth Doc'

ASHY

Question - no audio after encoding No.34495
Flint  2003-02-14 19:53:56 ( ID:ta0bjhtdgda )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

After encoding the file, I have no audio. The file is WAV format and can be played in the "audio edit". Using audio edit, I've done 400% and normalized to 100, and still nothing. If anyone could help, I'd appreciate it.

Minion  2003-02-14 20:38:26 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can Try Raiseing the "Wav file reader" in the "Vfapi Plugins", Or you Can Just use a Totally Different Encoder to Encode the audio to Mp2 then mux it with the Mpeg video...

chris  2003-02-20 00:57:00 ( ID:vgk/e30h.b. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

1. make sure you have the VFAPI plugin in the encoder

2.change your enviromental settings

OR

change you audio in the film to .WAV ......... and when u put the film in the program (video), where it says (audio) put the .WAV there which u have created

YOU can create a .wav from Virtual Dub

read up on that if u cant use it .........its VERY VERY easy though

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.