Delete

At least one comment has been added to this article, only an administrator can delete the article now.

Do you really want to delete this article?

Enter the password for this article, then click the "Delete" button. Click the "Cancel" button to exit this page.

Question - Thumbnails generation is very slow No.71203
matroX  Mail /  )  2019-02-05 01:07:39 ( ID:7duvg/uidw6 )  

Hello.

When I'm in 'cut' of video file, I suffer from long time to load thumbnails in seek section. When I jump into some point in video, it takes 5-15 seconds for thumbnails to appear. That siginficantly slows down work. Changing time of thumbnails distance doesn't accect. Once I scrolled through video, thumbnails are generated and it's fast. So I would even like to have them generated it production tool or so, so when I start working with clip I already have them.

Are there some factors to change, to make that faster? I have to seek a lot through long file it really affects me.

I see that during seeking, while thumbnails are generated, CPU is loaded signigicantly, 4 cores at 40-50%. Once thumbnails are generated, CPU load goes down. I tried to use GPU/Intel video decoding, but it didn't change anything.

I created RAID0 array from SSDs, to have huge read/write time but it didn't help.

Interesting is that when I jump into somewhere in the file, in preview section I immediately get image, so I assume this can be done almost 'online'. The same I would like to have in thumbnails.

I tried this wit several different input sources and it's the same.

Is there something I can do?

My system is Xeon E5-1620, 16GB RAM, GTX1080.

tkrave  2019-02-06 18:23:52 ( ID:t7rw5rdz3jm )  

Have you tried increasing the Thumbnail Cache Size in the preferences? Maybe it will help. It's in Preferences--> Clip Editing.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.