Delete

There is no password for this article, only an administrator can delete the article.

Do you really want to delete this article?

Enter the password for this article, then click the "Delete" button. Click the "Cancel" button to exit this page.

Question - Smart Rendering Analysis (Too Much Re-encoding) No.71153
ukmark62  Mail /  )  2018-12-16 01:50:45 ( ID:hr1m1ptj2qr )  

I'm comparing TMPGEnc SR5 with VideoRedo. Specifically, if I import a .ts file (DVB-T2 Freeview HD UK programmes recorded via USB tuner), and then edit out the commercials and any unwanted parts, VideoRedo only re-encodes at the cut points (usually between 10-20 frames for each cut point), then saving the file is very quick. However, with TMPGEnc SR5, the smart render analysis highlights many other places that will be re-encoded, even though those parts have not been changed in any way. The amount of re-encoding undertaken by SR5 varies for each video file I have, but VideoRedo is consistent in that re-encoding is only performed at cut points. Sometimes, SR5 re-encodes up to 20% or more of the file, even though less than 1% of it has been edited.

I really like SR5 but the amount of re-encoding it does compared with VideoRedo is a deal breaker for me. I can't find a setting to alter the amount of re-encoding performed by SR5, but the smart encoding section does appear to be unreliable and inconsistent vs VideoRedo. Any ideas out there??

TIA

tkrave  2018-12-21 04:03:58 ( ID:t7rw5rdz3jm )  

Do you have the latest version of TMSR5? They are version 5.0.18.24 as of this post.

Did you actually output with TMSR5 or just use the analyzer?

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.