Delete

At least one comment has been added to this article, only an administrator can delete the article now.

Do you really want to delete this article?

Enter the password for this article, then click the "Delete" button. Click the "Cancel" button to exit this page.

Question - Importing 1080i-DolbyD5.1 clips from Huappuage PVR-2 No.70905
pauln  Mail /  )  2017-11-22 05:19:39 ( ID:zw57sn0bdqo )  

Hello - I am trying to import Netflix/Amazon video clips from a Roku-Ultra captured with a Hauppuage PVR2 into TAW5. The format is 1080i-DolbyD5.1. The clips seem to be ok and play with various software players but will not import into TAW5 for editing. Occasionally a clip will import in and edit ok, usually this is a clip of 15 minutes or less. The clips are always consistent in that they will always import in ok or they never will. The ones that do not import properly always act the same. They begin importing ok up to about 50%, then pause and quickly jump to 100%. The resulting imported video will be about 8 seconds or less. The import does not fail with an error just a very short series of frames up to 6 to 8 seconds with a few blank grey frames at the end. 1080i-stereo clips from HD television import and edit without issue. I would appreciate any ideas on what the problem might be.
PaulN

tkrave  2017-11-29 15:15:02 ( ID:t7rw5rdz3jm )  

Can you play it in Windows Media Player with no issues? If so, then you may only need to try a different file reader when you import the file.

To force opening the file with a certain file reader, go to the Source stage, click on the "Add file" button, and then when the file explorer window opens, click on the dropdown menu above the "Open" button at the bottom right corner of the window.

From this dropdown, scroll all the way to the bottom to see the "Force reader [xxxxx]" options.

If your file can play in Windows Media Player, you might want to try the Media Foundation file reader. If that doesn't work, try the DirectShow file reader.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.