Delete

Do you really want to delete this article?

Enter the password for this article, then click the "Delete" button. Click the "Cancel" button to exit this page.

Question - Size Adjustment No.70880
Weisshaupt  Mail /  )  2017-10-20 23:09:36 ( ID:n1kbhjos7lk )  

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can explain exactly what size adjustment does in terms of actual video settings? Is there a place I can look to see what the algo decided? I have a number of smaller ( 350M, H.263) files that I want to write to blu-ray, and their average bit rate is only around 2K. Some of then contain slide show stills and require an even smaller rate to encode.. . I would like to preserve what quality is there, and H.264 should be able to do that at or near that same bitrate (Right?) , but the default settings want to make them into full bitrate pretty Blu-ray files.

I understand I can adjust the encoding bit rates manually, but I was wondering if there is a way to compare what size adjustment does with the manual settings? IS one going to have a better result than the other? IF so, why?

hurricnae51  Mail / Home )  2017-10-25 01:21:34 ( ID:3rssf7ypizo )  

I'm not quite sure what you are mean by "size adjustment". The source "size" in megabytes has little to do with the quality of the video. If you mean resolution (pixels), then all blu-rays are 1920x1080. That doesn't mean they will fill the screen on your TV or other HD monitor, as there are different aspect ratios for different content.

It's important to understand that bitrate is just one of the myriad parameters involved in rendering a video. "Full bitrate" has no meaning. Any re-rendering will degrade the original source, although it may be impercetible. Rendering is just as much art as science, but TAW does a fair job with most source material.

Why don't you just make a sample blu-ray and see the results? If you see problems, then you can post specific questions.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.