Delete

There is no password for this article, only an administrator can delete the article.

Do you really want to delete this article?

Enter the password for this article, then click the "Delete" button. Click the "Cancel" button to exit this page.

Question - UI reacting very slowly No.70842
Otto  Mail /  )  2017-08-29 16:17:42 ( ID:k26qnzxicrr )  

Hi,
first of all: I am very happy with TMPGEnc 6. I like working with it and the usability of the software i think is awesome. Also Hurray! for the Batch-Rendering-Feature.

However since i first started using TMPGEnc i have the problem, that the UI is reacting very slowly on changes.

For example: When i insert a clip into the timeline i have to wait 5 seconds. When i want to set the current play-marker somewhere on the clip it takes another 5-8 seconds until the preview-window updates. Same when i try to split a clip: At least 10 seconds until something is happening.

The other major thing is playback in preview-window: While the sound is on time, the preview-window is never keeping up. It mostly stops displaying anything at all, only a freeze frame. When i hit the stop-button the preview-image updates after 5 seconds.

Does anyone have a suggestion how this can be eliminated?
My computer-specifications are: Intel Core i7-2600K - 3,40 GHz, 24 GB RAM, 64-Bit Windows 7, GeForce GTX 1070

I have already set the option "Pre-Rendering - Save Folder" to RAM so it's not caching on the harddisk, but no change.

Mostly i am rendering videos 1920x1080 - 60 FPS and 2440x1440 - 60 FPS.

I am open for any suggestion. It is so hard to work with the software, when you have to wait every few seconds for the ui-update.

Best regards,
Otto

Otto  2017-09-03 03:29:10 ( ID:k26qnzxicrr )  

Just to clarify: If no one has a solution i am also very happy to hear from your user-experience. Do you have the same problem when working with clips? Does your TMPGenc react immediately when changing properties or moving clips? Any help or review would be appreciated, so i may be able to narrow the problem down.

Best regards,
Otto

tkrave  2017-09-16 13:46:20 ( ID:t7rw5rdz3jm )  

I only get that kind of slow down when I work with videos higher than 1080p, so maybe your system just can't handle it. I mostly work with 720p and 1080i footage and it works great with that.

I'm on Windows 10, Core i7, 16 GB RAM.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.