Delete

At least one comment has been added to this article, only an administrator can delete the article now.

Do you really want to delete this article?

Enter the password for this article, then click the "Delete" button. Click the "Cancel" button to exit this page.

Question - Keep last frame of video No.70794
Otto  Mail /  )  2017-06-20 22:39:34 ( ID:y/wqiqwptyj )  

Hello,
is it possible to freeze frames for a period amount of time inside a single clip?

I have an audio-recording, which is a longer then the original video-clip. So i would like to freeze (stretch) certain parts inside the video-clip until the audio arrives at the specific marker and then continue with the regular video.

Thank you and best regards.

tkrave  2017-06-21 16:06:18 ( ID:nrp09m2aqdn )  

Is the audio a separate file from the video? If not, you'll have to demux them into separate files.

I would then use the timeline mode and put the audio on one layer and the video on another.
Then, you can use the clip editor to create a separate clip of the frame(s) you want to stretch.
Back in the timeline, you can then lengthen that clip to the appropriate time.

Otto  Mail /  )  2017-06-21 20:54:43 ( ID:y/wqiqwptyj )  

Yes tkrave, the audio is separate from the video.

Thank you for your suggestion. I already tried that, but the effort for creating the exact frame is way to much when i have to do this around 50 times per video.

An easy way would be to just cut the video where you want to have the still-image and the stretch the cut clip to the right for the desired period of time. Unfortunately TMPGEnc continues with the original video-footage when doing that.

tkrave  2017-06-22 12:41:04 ( ID:t7rw5rdz3jm )  

If it is a single frame, turn the frame into an image and import that image as a clip. Then you can extend it to any length and it will still be the same image.

Otto  2017-06-23 22:31:46 ( ID:kuz9.f2vrcw )  

Thank you tkrave for your ongoing writing. Do you have a hint how i can turn the last frame of a cutted clip into a single image?

tkrave  2017-06-24 13:37:40 ( ID:t7rw5rdz3jm )  

In the clip editor, navigate to your final frame and then you press CTRL+F or right-click on the image and choose to save it as an image.

Otto  2017-06-24 15:23:09 ( ID:kuz9.f2vrcw )  

tkrave you are awesome. This is exactly what i was searching for!
Now i can fill up the missing gap with a continuous picture.

Thank you very much for your help.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.