Delete

At least one comment has been added to this article, only an administrator can delete the article now.

Do you really want to delete this article?

Enter the password for this article, then click the "Delete" button. Click the "Cancel" button to exit this page.

Question - Leave streams unchanged No.70790
ciccio.reborn  2017-06-15 06:53:30 ( ID:x/rhjisbokj )  

Hi,

I used for many years TAW5 and, also if with some limitations (specially on menu side), I found it very useful for my purposes.

I would like to upgrade to TAW6 but I need a new feature: leave streams unchanged (in my case audio stream). Recently I was asked to produce a blu-ray with HD audio (for some concert recordings) but with TAW5 (or TAW6) this is impossible.

I know for sure audio stream is perfectly blu-ray compatible and I understand why TAW cannot decode these audio streams (royalties for DTS HD): but if TAW had the ability to leave streams unchanged (without any decoding)? Obviously at the risk of those who use this option

I cannot afford for this purpose to buy professional authoring suite: what do you think?

Thanks in advance

NoMention  2017-07-21 08:21:26 ( ID:ptw2koe57hj )  

I had the same request some time ago and they basically said no. I have both the DTS and Dolby encoding suite but like you I cannot afford the professional authoring tools for BD generation. I can build TrueHD and DTS-MA tracks but cannot utilize them in TAW5 or TAW6, both which I have. It would be nice if the app allowed you to select these but only muxed them together with the video at output time. I would save me a lot of hassle and make this a truly wonderful product.

Due to this issue, I've started exploring multiAVCHD which appears to allow this although their menu system is not nearly as good as TAW.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.