Delete

Do you really want to delete this article?

Enter the password for this article, then click the "Delete" button. Click the "Cancel" button to exit this page.

Question - No Smart Render-able Clip No.70555
criggs  2016-12-08 09:47:41 ( ID:1qmif0qdywc )  

I've been very impressed and very happy with Smart Renderer 5, for the most part. I've pulled a bunch of different kinds of files into it, and it has managed to smart render my edited versions in most cases without a problem. Furthermore, I've given it a few mix-and-match jobs, where the Master clip had radically different codecs and/or resolution from some of the Rescue clips, and yet, every time, I've gotten a smooth render of the combination of the two or more files; very impressive.

However I've also been experiencing an intermittent problem with Smart Renderer 5. About once every five files or so, Smart Renderer 5 will simply reject the file I'm trying to work with. I'll get the following message: "There is no Smart Render-able clip in the Source. It is necessary to add one clip that can be smart rendered at least."

What do I do about this? What do I have to do to make the clip acceptable to Smart Renderer 5? For the record, the last file where I had this problem was an flv file with the following stats:

VIDEO:
Codec: H264 - MPEG-4 AVC (part 10) (avc1)
Resolution: 1280x738
Display Resolution: 1280x720
Frame Rate: 29.970389
Decoded format: Planar 4:2:0 YUV
AUDIO:
Codec: MPEG AAC Audio (mp4a)
Channels: Stereo
Sample rate: 48000 HZ

The video playback speed was 1937 Kbps and the audio playback speed was 108K, for a combined playback speed of 2045Kbps.

I'm hoping this is a problem with which many of you are familiar, and that there is a successful workaround for it. Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

criggs  2016-12-09 12:51:10 ( ID:1qmif0qdywc )  

Well, I found out what was causing the problem, but I have no idea how to fix it. Does anyone here know what to do about the following problem

I opened up the Clip Properties and discovered that they listed there why Smart Renderer 5 was saying that this clip was not Smart Render-able. The reason listed was low_delay_hrd_flag = 1 (Not Supported).

I have no idea what that means. Does anyone here know what that means? And does anyone here know how to fix that? Thanks for any help!

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.