Delete

Do you really want to delete this article?

Enter the password for this article, then click the "Delete" button. Click the "Cancel" button to exit this page.

Question - NVENC support when? Have we been abandoned? No.70277
Kuno  Mail / Home )  2016-03-25 08:49:14 ( ID:hukdtzb7abf )  

Any idea if and when the team is going to give us nvenc support? It's really frustrating that video mastering works has it, and authoring works does not. It means if we want to use nvenc, we are forced to buy another product.

Come on Pegasys, give us nvenc.

Persen  Mail /  )  2016-03-28 08:52:07 ( ID:6tr/46zxmom )  

We? Most i believe use CUDA, because that is standard in many of the latest NVIDIA drivers for your cards, which i also think is just fine by the majority, because both TVMW5 and TAW5 supports CUDA.

But for you, then you most likely have to wait for a couple of years more for NVENC support in Authoring Works, because that will most likely not happen before version 6 gets released, when there are way more than only two UHD supporting Blu-ray players on the market.

HagbardCeline  2016-04-08 12:44:21 ( ID:4c.rsdoj8lf )  

Personlly, I'd like OpenCL support (which most Radeon cards utilize). I edit with Vegas, which uses OpenCL, so I went with a Radeon based card for that reason. It was a bit disappointing that Authoring Works only utilizes the Nvidia standard.

Kuno  2016-05-27 13:55:19 ( ID:hukdtzb7abf )  

>We? Most i believe use CUDA, because that is standard in many of the latest NVIDIA drivers for your cards, which i also think is just fine by the majority, because both TVMW5 and TAW5 supports CUDA.
>
>But for you, then you most likely have to wait for a couple of years more for NVENC support in Authoring Works, because that will most likely not happen before version 6 gets released, when there are way more than only two UHD supporting Blu-ray players on the market.

Nvidia DROPPED Cuda Support almost 2 years ago in driver 340.52. All Maxwell and newer cards use NVENC, 100% hardware based encoding for x264 and x265.

If you want this program to be taken seriously, Pegasys really needs to get their act together and support NVENC and OpenCL. Cuda is ancient and looks like crap compared to NVENC.

Persen  Mail /  )  2016-05-29 20:00:30 ( ID:6tr/46zxmom )  

You are telling bullshit. I use driver version 353.30 and have CUDA support in both TAW5 and TVMW5.

Kuno  2016-10-24 14:38:04 ( ID:ebklpg3sl32 )  

I am not telling bullshit you ignorant person. CUDA has been stopped by NVIDIA, and is no longer supported on newer cards that have NVENC capabilities. They also removed it form their drivers. If you have a Maxwell or newer card, you can not use CUDA, and must use NVENC.

First generation Maxwell
Graphics Cards
GeForce GTX 750Ti
GeForce GTX 750
Integrated Notebook GPUs
GeForce GTX 960M
GeForce GTX 950M
Second generation Maxwell
Graphics Cards
GeForce GTX TITAN X
GeForce GTX 980
GeForce GTX 980Ti
GeForce GTX 970
GeForce GTX 960
Integrated Notebook GPUs
GeForce GTX 980M
GeForce GTX 970M
GeForce GTX 965M

These cards are no longer supported by CUDA and only work with NVENC for encoding. They might work with CUDA filters, but that is it.

If you actually knew something about computers, you would know this.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.