Delete

At least one comment has been added to this article, only an administrator can delete the article now.

Do you really want to delete this article?

Enter the password for this article, then click the "Delete" button. Click the "Cancel" button to exit this page.

Question - Interlace or progressive No.69447
Nevena Popova  Mail /  )  2015-01-11 17:00:23 ( ID:8ndjdte6vnn )  

I want to ask you i have a video which is says display format progressive scan,but when i insert and encode it automatically is giving me interlace output.I can change it to progressive ,but i was wondering professional DVD are interlaced.Can someone give me an idea what should i choose.
Thank you

tkrave  2015-01-14 05:40:51 ( ID:resxbfmz4s2 )  

If you are outputting as DVD-Video, then it has to be interlaced according to DVD-Video specifications, unless you are doing VCD resolutions. That might be why it is automatically changing it to interlace.

Persen  Mail /  )  2015-02-07 19:49:24 ( ID:6tr/46zxmom )  

You don't have to output DVD video as being Interlaced, you can choose Progressive if you want to, if you want to completely avoid interlacing errors during playback.
The modern DVD and Blu-ray players of today don't care, they play Progressive scanned DVDs with out problems.
Have done this with several DVDs, because the source material had very bad interlacing errors.

benoitvm  2015-02-10 23:48:55 ( ID:iycpwrfd3yk )  

I've been producing progressive PAL DVDs since quite some time now, and nobody complained so far :)
The mean reason was to save quality on very long theater play recordings (gains was twofold: first during shoot where 25p give 6dB headroom over 50i -important for low-light plays- and second, during encoding as progressive is more efficient compression-wise than interlaced.
I have encoded up to 2h45m on a 4.7 GB DVD (as low as 3.5 Mbps VBR very good quality !)

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.