Delete

Do you really want to delete this article?

Enter the password for this article, then click the "Delete" button. Click the "Cancel" button to exit this page.

Question - 29.97fps audio with 25fps image joining? No.68937
Persen  2014-12-23 05:24:18 ( ID:6tr/46zxmom )  

This is the situation: In the holidays i want to do some tests, with joining audio from some 29.97fps NTSC DVD's i have, with some 1080i 25fps HDTV recordings i am going to do.
But how do i approach this with TVMV5, so i don't end up with the audio getting out of sync, due to the difference in number of frames?

tkrave  2014-12-24 09:32:54 ( ID:resxbfmz4s2 )  

I don't think it will be a problem just replacing the audio in the clip settings.

If that doesn't work though, I would use timeline mode and put the audio in a separate layer; that way, it should only look at the duration of the audio/video and framerate shouldn't be an issue.

This is all just theory on my part though, since I haven't actually tried this.

Persen  Mail /  )  2014-12-24 19:48:04 ( ID:6tr/46zxmom )  

I have tried it once a long time ago, by just replacing audio, which did not work. The audio pretty quickly went out of sync because of the 4% speed difference there is between NTSC and PAL.
But i will try that timeline mode to see if something can be done there, to make it all fit together perfectly in sync.

Thanks for that tip.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.