Delete

At least one comment has been added to this article, only an administrator can delete the article now.

Do you really want to delete this article?

Enter the password for this article, then click the "Delete" button. Click the "Cancel" button to exit this page.

Question - 29.97fps audio with 25fps image joining? No.68937
Persen  2014-12-23 05:24:18 ( ID:6tr/46zxmom )  

This is the situation: In the holidays i want to do some tests, with joining audio from some 29.97fps NTSC DVD's i have, with some 1080i 25fps HDTV recordings i am going to do.
But how do i approach this with TVMV5, so i don't end up with the audio getting out of sync, due to the difference in number of frames?

tkrave  2014-12-24 09:32:54 ( ID:resxbfmz4s2 )  

I don't think it will be a problem just replacing the audio in the clip settings.

If that doesn't work though, I would use timeline mode and put the audio in a separate layer; that way, it should only look at the duration of the audio/video and framerate shouldn't be an issue.

This is all just theory on my part though, since I haven't actually tried this.

Persen  Mail /  )  2014-12-24 19:48:04 ( ID:6tr/46zxmom )  

I have tried it once a long time ago, by just replacing audio, which did not work. The audio pretty quickly went out of sync because of the 4% speed difference there is between NTSC and PAL.
But i will try that timeline mode to see if something can be done there, to make it all fit together perfectly in sync.

Thanks for that tip.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.