Delete

At least one comment has been added to this article, only an administrator can delete the article now.

Do you really want to delete this article?

Enter the password for this article, then click the "Delete" button. Click the "Cancel" button to exit this page.

Question - using tmpgenc4 spurs engine but still get 100% CPU usage ! No.58909
Martin wichtmann  Mail /  )  2009-06-25 23:39:07 ( ID:dfditwmikpk )  

I'm using the spurs engine plug-in with tmpgenc4 to convert some large 1080p file to 720p H.264/AVC, but the speed is not was i think it should be. Its taking 2 hours and 20 minutes to convert a 1080p movie to 720p H.264/AVC, does that seem right ?? Also while its converting the cpu usage is 100% and my cpu is getting to the +52 degrees.... i thought this would take the load of the cpu and just use the cpu to do the audio part and encoding to 2 channel stereo aac wouldn't require 100% i wouldn't think. I'm using the firecoder blu card (for the spurs engine) and my system is win XP, amd X2 64000+, 2 gig ram. Is there a way i can check to see if all cores of the firecoder is being used and how do i check the temp of the firecoder card ?? it doesnt show up in speedfan.

Heres a screenshot of what i mean :

http://www.flickr.com/photos/africanmarty/3660553067/sizes/l/

Regards Marty.

tkrave  2009-06-26 21:03:49 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )  

How long is your movie? 2 hours and 20 minutes actually sounds pretty good for converting a full-length HD movie.

Are you using the SpursEngine output profile in the Format Stage?

tkrave  2009-06-27 02:39:08 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )  

Looking at the number of frames you have and your framerate, it looks like that's a 2 hour movie, which means you're not too far from a 1:1 encoding time. For HD video, that's really good.

As a comparison, I just converted a 12 second, 24fps 1080p QT video to DivX. It took 3 minutes, 31 seconds. Imagine if it were a 1 hour video; it would have taken me 17.5 hours at that rate!

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.