TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 5 BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 5 BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ]
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question Very heavy HDD-activities when in cut-edit .ts-file Mike 2 2015-01-27 13:15:44
Question Divx sound misalignment rap2@email.com 4 2013-11-15 02:52:11
Question TS import 1280x720 mart4494 2 2013-09-17 02:10:01
Bug report TS DVB subtitle incorrect display Patrick Wong 4 2015-07-27 16:50:12
Free talk Important message for ffdshow & Haali users Persen 5 2013-08-18 20:02:10
Bug report Huge green fields of pixels Persen 2 2013-06-08 07:12:48
Question TS Export, Smart Rendering (no recompess) Dee 2 2011-08-06 20:00:16
Question Adding transitions in an edited single file? Löööök-Uno 1 2011-06-28 02:27:47
Question No Audio Found mbreslin1954 2 2011-06-01 02:23:41

Question - Very heavy HDD-activities when in cut-edit .ts-file No.68719
Mike  2014-10-06 18:25:03 ( ID:aqgwqmtzn5o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I open a .ts file and go into the cut-edit mode, scrolling thru the thumbnails at the bottom is causing extremely heavy hdd-usage.
In fact, the computer cannot be used anymore. Any click or key-hit takes minutes before any response (if any at all).
Sometimes, after 10-15 minutes, I have to kill Video Mastering Works..

This is only with .ts files (tv-broadcasts), not with any other format, like DVD, MP4, MKV.

Also important to know is that the other products of TMPGEnc (Authoring/Smart Renderer) do not have these issues at all: there are no delays when moving back and forth thru the same .ts file.
I would be happy if VMW would perform likewise.

TMPGEnc support cannot reproduce this, they used the same .ts file to check.

Does anybody out there have a clue/suggestion?

Thanks
=

Persen  2014-11-09 19:00:12 ( ID:6tr/46zxmom )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Purchase more memory for your computer. I had to do the same years ago when i began video editing and recording from HDTV using a Linux PVR, who records as Transport Stream (TS).
So now i have a AMD Phenom II X4 965 CPU and 32GB DDR3 HyperX RAM, who makes everything run smoothly.

mathew lisett  2015-01-27 13:15:44 ( ID:emul5xj.btn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The memory idea is a bad one as its not the issue.

your HDD is limited in its performance, go buy a decent SSD...yes it may cost a bit but you will see a DRASTIC change not only in performance and your editing but you will see a change in rendering when the output is to the ssd.

also change your main drive to an ssd ...effectively come away from hdd as they simply slow any system down

Question - Divx sound misalignment No.68060
rap2@email.com  2013-10-25 09:30:49 ( ID:ymwunosy5s. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I edit a .TS file and select DivX as the output if the resultant file is over 2 gigs, the excess amount is stored as a ".1" file. The problem is that the sound in this end file is way out of snyc. Is there a workaround for this?

Persen  2013-10-30 11:03:13 ( ID:6tr/46zxmom )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes, stop using DivX. Its a codec that was abandoned years ago by most people, because of the to meny encoding problems there is with it.
The old DivX users switched to Xvid instead, which is also possible to use, if the codec is on your computer, if not, download the codec and install it:
http://www.xvid.org/Downloads.15.0.html

Then when it comes to output, choose AVI and you get a list of AVI codecs you can use, where Xvid then also will be located.

rap2@email.com  2013-11-01 09:38:46 ( ID:ymwunosy5s. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thank you for you kind reply.

I've tried a number of conversions using Xvid and found that the quality of each frame is not quite as good as the newest DivX version (loosely based around H-264). Also, I'm trying to compress a LOT(!!) of old movies so .avi is out of the question because of the much larger resultant file size. I guess I'll just have to use meg2, which allows four to five movies on a BluRay disk, instead of 10 to 12 with higher compression codec's.

Persen  2013-11-03 21:35:36 ( ID:6tr/46zxmom )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I use TS files directly to create Blu-ray discs. That way its easy to put 2-3 HD movies on one disc with out having to lower the bitrate.
I never create Blu-ray's out of SD recordings. Those TS files i instead store on a USB harddrive, which i then use my WD TV Live Hub to access, so i can watch these movies on my TV.

rap2  2013-11-15 02:52:11 ( ID:ymwunosy5s. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've switched to .mkv file structure and it works great. I store between 8 and 11 full length movies as data files on a 25GB bluray disk; which our Samsung BluRay plays play perfectly. Works well!

Question - TS import 1280x720 No.67984
mart4494  2013-09-12 18:32:41 ( ID:ttaavyj7uof )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Was managing to import to the timeline *.ts files at 720x576 size. Now trying to import *.ts files at 1280x720 and the programs appears to import but simply displays a black image. The audio is importing fine. Is this a restriction of TMPGenc as I can import and edit these larger files with other programs on my PC and play them with VLC media player.

Any input appreciated

mart4494  2013-09-13 01:35:06 ( ID:ttaavyj7uof )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi all - an update and the solution in case others are experiencing this problem.

Solution supplied by tech support at Pegasys

'....make right-click over the preview screen and disable
these 3 options:
- Use fast rendering mode
- Display in progressive mode...
- Lower the preview picture quality...'

Also restart the program.

All then worked fine so my thanks to Pegasys

tkrave  2013-09-17 02:10:01 ( ID:resxbfmz4s2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It was most likely the "Use fast rendering mode" that was causing the problem. I think that is what they used to call the Video Overly option which switches between software video rendering and rendering via your graphics card/hardware.

In most cases, another application is using Video Overlay, thereby making it unavailable to use in TMPGEnc (or vice versa).

Bug report - TS DVB subtitle incorrect display No.67968
Patrick Wong  2013-09-05 19:06:33 ( ID:eytmbpjbhul )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'd like to report when I import a TS video with DVB subtitle (TV program recorded from Hong Kong), the subtitle will not correctly display, it becomes smaller and places on the middle left hand side of the video area. http://goo.gl/S2il1Z
Normally, it should be view like this on the video. http://goo.gl/6feUw2

I have attached a sample TS file http://gdurl.com/cZPJ/download
for your team to study the problem, I hope it will be fixed in your next update release.

Thank you for your attention and look forward to your reply soon.

at  2013-10-26 18:12:37 ( ID:itlqwphjumr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I also have the same problem because the subtitle is in SD resolution and the video is HD resolution in the TS. Usually, modern decoders can read the flag and resize the SD subtitle to full HD size, however, TMPGEnc software fails to resize the subtitle properly. Hope this can be resolved in the next release version.

Sanco  2014-01-12 23:05:53 ( ID:kczjvjkhldl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a different kind of subtitle problem. The subtitle will not display at all or it will display later than it should. Program can skip several lines of text and the all thing is very erratic. I think it started after the last update. My Video Mastering Works version is 5.4.2.103. TV program is recorded in Finland and is broadcasted by YLE which transmits the subtitle stream separetly from the picture. I wouldn't have any problem if the subtitle was "burned" in the picture like commercial TV-stations have. I guess i'm gonna have to downgrade my program until this problem is solved.

Sanco  2014-12-10 05:31:51 ( ID:uehtnqovfg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well as it turned out YLE had the problem with it's subtitles not the program :(

sunsetbay  2015-07-27 16:50:12 ( ID:uekipqb5rqr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have the similar problem as TS. The TV program (.ts stream) I recorded and later edit on TMPGenc with subtitle enable, it will display on the left centre of the video.

Is there any way to place the sub on the bottom~??

Free talk - Important message for ffdshow & Haali users No.67857
Persen  2013-07-30 05:21:12 ( ID:as4qxzcqqln )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This is an important message for those of you who use ffdshow and Haali in order to work with video, who has been encoded with DTS audio.

The latest version of ffdshow has gone thrue some major updates in the mixer settings.
It is no longer required to set it to 5.1 channels or more in order to read all audio channels in the DTS structure.
In the latest version of ffdshow, all you have to set in the Mixer setting is: same as input
Both TVMW5 and TAW5 will be able to read determine the correct number of audio channels in the DTS structure of the video file you wish to work with.

George  2013-07-30 18:41:36 ( ID:lsk7calqe8h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Nice to know, thanks.

YAroslav  2013-08-11 23:45:44 ( ID:ttsphyskkhh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Don`t work.
Windows 8 x64 Pro
ffdshow_rev4500_20130106
Haali Media Splitter 1.13.138.14
TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 5 5.4.0.100 Trial
DTS Audio 5.1 48 kHz 768 kbps 24-bit in M2TS or TS not detected.

Persen  2013-08-15 03:10:55 ( ID:as4qxzcqqln )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It works under Windows 7 64 bit.

If you downloaded the 64bit version of FFDSHOW, uninstall it using Revo Uninstaller (freeware) in order to be 100% sure that everything has been removed, which also incl. everything it wrote to the registry and reboot computer.
Then download the latest 32bit version of FFDSHOW at the official site http://ffdshow-tryout.sourceforge.net/
Reason: Haali is 32bit software and can't work propperly together with the 64bit version of FFDSHOW, they have communication issues.

Once the 32bit version of FFDSHOW has been installed, its time to set the propper settings.

Audio decoder configuration/Codecs:
TrueHD: libavcodec
DTS: libdts
Uncompressed: All supported

Now activate the mixer in FFDSHOW and set Audio speakers configuration to: same as input

---------------
Now the time has come to adjust the audio settings within TVMW-5:
Options => Preferences => Input/output format list => File input plug-in
Remove here everything that has been marked EXCEPT the one at DirectShow file reader, then OK, close TVMW-5 and then load it again.

Above is also how you do it in TAW-5. Their audio configurations are identical.

Note: This does NOT give support for DTS-HD Master audio (Blu-ray), only standard DTS, which is commonly used by Blu-ray movie rippers in their MKV files.

YAroslav  2013-08-15 20:08:33 ( ID:uviccz/dopl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

In the list of audio for TS, Dolby Digital only.

Persen  2013-08-18 20:02:10 ( ID:as4qxzcqqln )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The TS and TRP filetypes (both the same) are normally only used for TV broadcast recording by settop boxes and Smart-tv's, where DTS is not supported.
If you have .ts files with DTS audio, then you have files that are out of standard, which i do understand can't be determined correctly by video editors, because they demand that the file types follow the rules that has been made for them.

But for .ts files, you do also have MPEG and AAC audio. These two are also on the list of supported audio formats for TV broadcast and can also be found on the list of audio codecs in FFDSHOW.

Bug report - Huge green fields of pixels No.67652
Persen  2013-05-31 22:14:58 ( ID:as4qxzcqqln )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have noticed what appears to be a bug.

I wanted to do some interlacing repair on a .ts file i have recorded from 1080i HDTV with 25fps. But what i found out was that there is a problem with rendering. I got huge green fields of pixel errors in the image no matter what i tried. I tried both the .ts importer and the 'as is' to use my external renderers instead.
But opening the .ts file in Corel VideoStudio Pro X5 and trying do some repair there instead, everything was just fine, no green pixel fields.

Something weird is going inside TVMW 5, who causes these green fields of pixel errors on 1080i 25fps HDTV recordings.

George  2013-06-02 02:42:14 ( ID:lbmrula6qim )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Does the file play normally on a software player? If so, you should report the issue directly to the product's support page. This is a user-to-user support forum.

Persen  2013-06-08 07:12:48 ( ID:as4qxzcqqln )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The .ts file play just fine on both my software and hardware players, though showing the interlacing errors i wanted to repair, but support had been contacted now about this matter.

Question - TS Export, Smart Rendering (no recompess) No.64985
Dee  2011-07-20 18:17:20 ( ID:xgnsywd9rar )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi!
I have .TS file (h264) from my camcorder and I want to make edited (just cutted in VMW) video, but without recompression. As a result I wish to have mkv with chapters. How?
Thanks. Dee

tkrave  2011-07-22 02:36:09 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There is no smart rendering in TVMW5, so it will be re-encoded no matter what.

Priyavadan  2011-08-06 20:00:16 ( ID:4nkefs6u8rk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am interested in knowing if TMPGEnc Authoring works 4 has any plans in the near future of supporting H.264 encoded transport streams for example MKV in TMPGEnc Mastering Works 5 for Blu Ray Authoring (smart Rendering) without using MPEG2 antiquated 1st generation technology. Unless the authoring software keeps up with Blu Ray technology and current preferred H.264 and VC-1 for authoring you will become obsolete,

Priyavadan

Question - Adding transitions in an edited single file? No.64906
Löööök-Uno  2011-06-25 18:53:25 ( ID:vzk1kqtqy4r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I record a lot of football games for my "archive" and want to edit them and add transitions between each "cut" - but HOW?!

When I open a clip (.ts-format) and start cutting it in edit clip > cut-edit I end up with say seven pieces on the left of the screen numbered #01, #02 etc. But when exiting I still only have one clip and can't make any transitions.

Do I have to do this in timeline mode (which just seems like a hassle to me) or can I edit my clip, make it appear in "pieces" and just add transitions and then save?

Also, I've been having problems with the audio in my clips. When I edit a file and render it (format doesn't matter) the audio goes silent after 3 minutes in the finished version.

tkrave  2011-06-28 02:27:47 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It sounds like you are only adding keyframes. You need to split the clip into separate pieces; use the split clip button to set where the clip should be split. Once you click the "OK" button to leave the cut-editor, you will be asked which parts you want to keep -- just select to keep all parts. Once you are back in the source stage, you will see your clip is separate pieces and can then add transitions between them.

No idea what the cause of your audio problems could be. Is there any corruption at the 3 minute mark?

Question - No Audio Found No.64798
mbreslin1954  2011-05-30 05:16:42 ( ID:bedjm/xhfd2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, I just installed the trial version of VMW5. If this does what I need, then I plan to purchase it. My need is to edit some of the crap out of some of the Blu-Rays I own so my kids can see them. I ripped a blu-ray I own (AnyDVD) and then used TsMuxer 1.10.6 to create a .ts file of the main movie and sound. This file seems to have what I need, the basic movie and 5.1 ch. sound. Windows Media Player plays it without sound (I guess it's missing a codec), but VLC Media Player plays it with sound fine, so that is what I plan to use to view it.

When I bring it in as a .ts file into VMW5, it says the file has no sound, and sure enough, when editing is done, there is no sound. Any idea why VMW can't find the sound buried in the .ts file? Is there a missing codec, or a missing step in the process? Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.

BZee  2011-05-31 19:17:39 ( ID:3vzqgvzmww6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Your system doesn't have the right codec (VLC has its own codecs). I would avoid codec packs and install ffdshow and Haali (Matroska) splitter.

tkrave  2011-06-01 02:23:41 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TVMW5 uses DirectShow codecs so if your video doesn't play in Windows Media Player, it probably won't play in TVMW5. You can use a program like MediaInfo or GSpot to figure out which codecs you need.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.