TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 2 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question kids Maurkice Pounc geophiemi 0 2012-09-29 03:45:49
Question No audio on de-muxed ac3 file redmercury 1 2013-01-31 14:03:54
Question nhthinh18 nhthinh18 0 2012-02-01 23:43:13
Question mpeg-1 GPU encoding MC 8 2012-01-05 03:34:44
Question Quad Core compatibility Virgil2U 1 2011-10-01 02:51:56
Question DVD Fast Forward Problem GDGerlach344 0 2011-09-21 11:41:37
Question Virus attack when downloading TMPGEnc 2.5 num 18 2011-09-13 03:47:44
Question Backup SMS for Android markyo2012 0 2011-09-04 16:27:08
Question 2004? Really? tsonj 2 2014-11-28 12:44:44
Question sorry can i'm asking here about DVD morokat 1 2011-06-12 03:40:22
Question System crashes when using Tmpgenc free version Tedd 0 2011-04-12 13:55:41
Question That MP4 question a "Question" not "request" (my mistake) beeman 0 2011-03-04 16:57:51

TMPGEnc 2.5 (Free or plus version) BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 2 / 680 ]   Next > >>
Question - kids Maurkice Pounc No.66746
geophiemi  Home )  2012-09-29 03:45:49 ( ID:ksfxzjfy5z6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

<p>Stournaras, 55, was involved in the country's negotiations to join the euro. He is currently the head of the Foundation for Economic and Industrial Research, a think tank and<a href="http://www.officialpackersgear.com/aaron-rodgers-jersey/">Aaron Rodgers Jersey</a> research body tha<a href="http://www.nflvikingsteamstore.com/adrian-peterson-jersey/">Adrian Peterson Jersey</a>t advises the government.</p>

Question - No audio on de-muxed ac3 file No.66400
redmercury  2012-07-11 09:33:39 ( ID:ldrzdoofneh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, I've de-multiplexed a movie that's in a vob file in my pc. I've done this by going into MPEG Tools and double-clicking the audio file. When I go play the audio file that I have demuxed, I don't hear anyhting. It has three audio files and none of them make a sound when I play them after being demuxed.

spiral  2013-01-31 14:03:54 ( ID:uexq2jhhhql )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,
If the audio source is DD it is not supported by this software,
you may need to import supported audio formats.

Question - nhthinh18 No.65743
nhthinh18  Home )  2012-02-01 23:43:13 ( ID:exb2sybgnjh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

nhu la

Question - mpeg-1 GPU encoding No.65575
MC  2012-01-04 03:18:12 ( ID:itqu1gk1l3. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is there a TMPGEnc version that is able to utilize GPU encoding of MPEG-1 format?

Thanks.

tkrave  2012-01-04 05:41:23 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Nope. Video Mastering Works 5 only supports H.264 GPU encoding. 2.5 does not support any type of GPU encoding.

MC  2012-01-04 08:10:43 ( ID:itqu1gk1l3. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for your fast reply.

Another question, I am using 2.5 Free version and it works great for X > MPEG-1 transcoding. However, if I specify a custom low bitrate, say 300kpbs, the file size doesn't come down and remains the same. Is it a bug or a feature or I am doing something wrong?

I have a movie that I need to fit onto a memory card, so.. space is the issue here.

tkrave  2012-01-04 10:10:16 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You may be doing something wrong. Are you sure you're opening the new file and not the source file?

Are you using the wizard? Not sure, but it may force a certain bitrate if you are using a Video CD output template.

I've been able to set a bitrate of 300kbps with manual VBR and CBR, and the outputted file stays true to those settings (or at least very close to them).

MC  2012-01-04 11:29:46 ( ID:itqu1gk1l3. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>You may be doing something wrong. Are you sure you're opening the new file and >not the source file?
Yes, I am positive.

>Are you using the wizard? Not sure, but it may force a certain bitrate if you >are using a Video CD output template.
I tried both ways. Didn't matter.

>I've been able to set a bitrate of 300kbps with manual VBR and CBR, and the >outputted file stays true to those settings (or at least very close to them).
I tried VBR and CBR @ 300kbps, both ways the file size is over 800 megs in size.

I am puzzled.

tkrave  2012-01-04 11:47:29 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How long is your video?

Do you have MediaInfo? Try and use it to see what the actual bitrate is for your output file.

MC  2012-01-04 11:52:48 ( ID:itqu1gk1l3. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

INPUT:
Format : AVI
Format/Info : Audio Video Interleave
File size : 1.09 GiB
Duration : 1h 21mn
Overall bit rate : 1 928 Kbps
Writing application : VirtualDubMod 1.5.4.1 (build 2178/release)
Writing library : VirtualDubMod build 2178/release

Video
ID : 0
Format : MPEG-4 Visual
Format profile : Advanced Simple@L5
Format settings, BVOP : 1
Format settings, QPel : No
Format settings, GMC : No warppoints
Format settings, Matrix : Custom
Codec ID : XVID
Codec ID/Hint : XviD
Bit rate : 1 474 Kbps
Width : 704 pixels
Height : 320 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 2.2:1
Frame rate : 25.000 fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Compression mode : Lossy
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.262
Stream size : 855 MiB (76%)
Writing library : XviD 1.2.1 (UTC 2008-12-04)

Audio
ID : 1
Format : AC-3
Format/Info : Audio Coding 3
Mode extension : CM (complete main)
Codec ID : 2000
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 448 Kbps
Channel(s) : 6 channels
Channel positions : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Bit depth : 16 bits
Stream size : 260 MiB (23%)
Alignment : Split accross interleaves
Interleave, duration : 96 ms (2.40 video frames)
Interleave, preload duration : 96 ms

OUTPUT:
Format : MPEG-PS
File size : 809 MiB
Overall bit rate : 1 394 Kbps
Writing library : encoded by TMPGEnc (ver. 2.525.64.184)

Video
ID : 224 (0xE0)
Format : MPEG Video
Format version : Version 1
Format settings, BVOP : Yes
Format settings, Matrix : Custom
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 1 143 Kbps
Maximum bit rate : 300 Kbps
Width : 320 pixels
Height : 240 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 1.422
Frame rate : 25.000 fps
Color space : YUV
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.595
Stream size : 663 MiB (82%)
Writing library : TMPGEnc 2.525.64.184

Audio
ID : 192 (0xC0)
Format : MPEG Audio
Format version : Version 1
Format profile : Layer 2
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 224 Kbps
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Sampling rate : 44.1 KHz
Stream size : 130 MiB (16%)

MC  2012-01-04 12:09:40 ( ID:itqu1gk1l3. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There must be a bug. It just doesn't change the bitrate. Tried manual, 2-pass... everything. In my prev. post you can see that the max bitrate is set to 300, yet it's not the bitrate.

Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 1 143 Kbps

tkrave  2012-01-05 03:34:44 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is that for 2-pass VBR? Did you change the Average bitrate setting? Can you take a screenshot of your settings window?

Question - Quad Core compatibility No.65263
Virgil2U  2011-09-30 18:16:51 ( ID:vxuwsehmwmo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am just curious if any of the tmpgenc programs can utilize all of the services provided by a Quad Core processor or if it can only work in the dual core or lower environment.

tkrave  2011-10-01 02:51:56 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The more recent products are optimized for multi-core processors; not sure about TMPGEnc 2.5 though.
However, I think the level of optimization depends on the encoding engine being used. For instance, in Video Mastering Works 5, if I use the x264 encoding engine, it will use all 8 cores on my i7 processor. However, I've heard from other people that VMW5 doesn't use all cores for other output formats/encoding engines. I'll try and test other encodes later when I have some time (QuickTime, WMV, etc.).

You can also toggle MMX, MMX-2, SSE, SSE-2, SSE-3, SSSE3, SSE4, 3D Now! and Enhanced 3D Now!.

Question - DVD Fast Forward Problem No.65227
GDGerlach344  2011-09-21 11:41:37 ( ID:6zfeu6uircc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I encode an Mpg2 with TMPGEnc Plus 2.5 and import it into NeroVision 9 to author a DVD, I cannot fast forward or rewind the video when I play back the DVD on certain DVD players. I have Nero set up so that it does not re-encode the Mpg2 file. When I encode an Mpg2 with other programs & author in NeroVision 9, fast forward works OK. I'd rather use TMPGEnc because it's a much better encoder.

Question - Virus attack when downloading TMPGEnc 2.5 No.65151
num  2011-09-06 08:03:34 ( ID:sw8j0um9jl2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I went to download the TMPGEnc 2.5 encoder yesterday and I got a virus alert and an attack... there was something that was quarantined by NOD32 antivirus that I saved all the data about.

See this image of the attack alert...
http://static.panoramio.com/photos/original/58515377.jpg

Can anyone tell me why I would get this virus attack when trying to download a TMPGEnc product?

Thanks,

num

tkrave  2011-09-07 04:43:49 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think it is CNET's fault because they have recently changed the download process. Before, you would simply download the software, but now, you actually download a CNET downloader. After you download the file, when you open it, it is actually a downloading tool which then downloads the file you wanted.

If you want to CNET's crap, use the "Secondary overseas server" download option from TMPG's website (it's below the Download.com button).

tkrave  2011-09-07 06:03:55 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>If you want to CNET's crap
>

If you want to *skip* CNET's crap.

num  2011-09-07 06:58:00 ( ID:sw8j0um9jl2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi tkrave

I just finished a phone call with the company that makes the NOD32 Antivirus application that I use. That company, ESET, says that the TMPG Encoder software does have known malware, adware and/or implanted toolbar software within this application... that is why there was a warning about this download.

When I started to download this TMPG video encoder application and I got this warning (shown in the two screenshot at the link above in my original post) and a quarantined file from my NOD 32 Antivirus application.

The quarantined item is apparently a pre-download file that indicates what software is being downloaded and NOD32 understands what app is about to be downloaded, in this case, the TMPG encoder. ESET NOD32 detected the implanted malware via the pre-download file based on prior reports to ESET of problems with this TMPG Encoder software.

The information from ESET NOD32 says the malware contained in the TMPG Encoder was "a variant of Win32/InstallCore.C potentially unwanted application".

So, this software IS OR DOES contain known malware based on prior reports to ESET, and not just something that was coming from CNET.

If you look at my screenshot at this link, you'll see that the NOD32 warning was about the TMPG Encoder's pre-download file and not about a downloader that was coming from CNET...
http://static.panoramio.com/photos/original/58515377.jpg

So based on this info from ESET, I would NOT choose to install the TMPG encoder since I know many free software offerings are motivated by financing from implanted malware, adware and forced toolbars that one is not given the option to opt-out from during installation.

tkrave  2011-09-08 02:34:10 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It is most likely referring to a banner ad section in the free version of TMPGEnc. I'm pretty sure it doesn't transmit any user data or "phone home"; it simply displays whatever ad they have chosen to show.
I have ESET as well and I've never gotten a warning about the software either before using it or while I was using it. I have also tried scanning the downloaded files and still get no warning.

If you want to see what the banner ad looks like within the software:
http://i56.tinypic.com/28qu253.png

tkrave  2011-09-08 03:51:35 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>If you look at my screenshot at this link, you'll see that the NOD32 warning was about the TMPG Encoder's pre-download file and not about a downloader that was coming from CNET...
>http://static.panoramio.com/photos/original/58515377.jpg
>

BTW, that IS the CNET downloader; TMPGEnc does not have a pre-downloader of any kind.

As I said before, if you want to download the files directly, use the Secondary Overseas download option (highlighted):
http://i52.tinypic.com/9ayao0.png

tkrave  2011-09-08 04:23:38 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

As another follow up, since I also have ESET, I tried downloading the files from download.com and I get the same warnings you do. I can confirm that these warnings are for the CNET downloader and NOT TMPGEnc.

Just to spell it out in plain english, any time you try to download a file from Download.com, the site will make you download their downloader. In other words, this initial download is NOT the file you intended to download; it is a downloader created by CNET which, when opened, will then download the file you wanted.

You are assuming TMPGEnc has something to do with this pre-downloader, but that is flat out wrong. Try to download ANY software from Download.com and you will get the same ESET warning.

So my original post still stands; if you ware worried about a virus/malware/etc. then download the files directly from the secondary overseas server. You will not get an ESET warning when you are downloading the actual files.

num  2011-09-08 12:31:08 ( ID:sw8j0um9jl2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I download stuff often via CNET and I never have got that warning before. In fact, I just downloaded a file renamer app from CNET today and I got no warning from NOD32.

When there are plenty of other encoders with deinterlacers out there, so why would I take a chance with anything that is associated with an antivirus warning?

Actually, VirtualDub's built in deinterlacing filter and another add-on filter are doing a good job. Also, XMedia Recode is another alternative that I'm using.

ESET Customer Care stated that others have reported malware in TMPGEnc and that is why there is a built in warning for that pre-download file in NOD32's signature database.

tkrave  2011-09-09 02:14:51 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When downloading directly from Pegasys' servers (the secondary overseas server that I keep mentioning) there is no warning from ESET; how does one explain that? When scanning the software files, there is also no warning from ESET.

num  2011-09-09 03:13:30 ( ID:sw8j0um9jl2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Then why is CNET the main download link on the TMPGEnc website?... given a choice of CNET or some labeled "overseas" server, which would you choose to begin with.

You have already stated that there IS a banner ad in the free version of TMPGEnc... and the free version is the paid version before "upgrading" to the "deluxe" version... this makes me wonder what is in the "deluxe" version... are there fancier banner ads?

Now, that would be considered adware, so apparently this software DOES have adware in it... so as far as I'm concerned, if this software has implanted adware in it, who knows what else is in it?

We (meaning the software downloading, buying and using public) don't download software to then see more advertising plastered across the interface of the application... we get enough advertising plastered across the web and the rest of the world in our lives and we are constantly inundated with meaningless advertising... we don't need more implanted advertising and adware in our daily software use. If this company puts adware in any of its software, then I wouldn't trust any of its software, period.

In otherwords, if for example, the Mozilla Thunderbird email application, which is free, had a banner ad flashing at me all the time, I would never use that application.

If Pegasys, Inc. has a problem with ESET NOD32 giving malware warnings about their software, then they would best be advised to take it up with ESET. And they might want to check with CNET about this too if they have convinced themselves that it's okay to put adware in their software... people can convince themselves of anything and rationalize anything if it serves their purpose.

I've had a prior experience with another piece of software that users reviewed on CNET that said there was all kinds of malware in a piece of the crappy Applian software. The users/reviewers wrote about all the problems that were caused by the malware and adware with pop-up banners and reeking havoc on their computers, and then they couldn't un-install the app.

CNET later denied there was any malware in that download and so did the president of Applian to begin with. On the Applian website there was a meaningless, quasi-symbolic, fake "stamp of approval" that said, "adware and malware free", yet that piece of software was a joke with all kinds of malware in it.

In an email, the president of Applian software and other customer service people at that company later admitted that there IS adware in their software, but the president of Applian rationalized it this way...

"... the adware in our software helps our users save money while shopping on the internet."

But this Applian software had nothing to do with internet shopping... it was supposed to be software for desktop audio recording.

As far as I'm concerned, if Pegasys puts adware in ANY version of their software, they are no better than Applian.

tkrave  2011-09-09 05:25:23 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Before I correct you, I need to correct myself. Not all downloads from Download.com cause a warning from ESET. I randomly chose some applications to download and unfortunately the ones I chose had warnings. I have since downloaded other programs that do not have warnings. So I was wrong on that count. However, I still don't believe TMPGEnc is harmful. If you don't like banner ads, that's fine, but it is not harmful to your computer.

>Then why is CNET the main download link on the TMPGEnc website?... given a choice of CNET or some labeled "overseas" server, which would you choose to begin with.

What is your point with this? Why is CNET the main download? My guess is that it's because it's a trusted download source (you yourself download from them) and it also helps offload bandwidth from the Pegasys servers. I would assume the secondary option is for cases where Download.com is down or not working properly. On the internet, there are these things called download mirrors--secondary sources to obtain the download in case the main source is down or in case you are physically closer to the secondary source for a faster download option. Which would I choose? Download.com obviously. But if I was looking for a direct download of the files, I would choose the overseas server. That was my point; what is your point?

>You have already stated that there IS a banner ad in the free version of TMPGEnc... and the free version is the paid version before "upgrading" to the "deluxe" version... this makes me wonder what is in the "deluxe" version... are there fancier banner ads?

The free version is the paid version? That makes no sense. The free version is the TRIAL for the paid version. When you buy a license, you get a completely different version and there are no ads. I also own the paid version by the way.

Since you haven't actually downloaded the free version and thus, don't know what you're talking about, I'll tell you right now that there is no installer, so it can't and won't install anything on your system. Want to get rid of the program? Just delete the folder.

Also, look at the reviews on Download.com; none of them complain about malware or it damaging their system. This version of TMPGEnc (with the ads) has been available since 2008; where are the complaints?

>We (meaning the software downloading, buying and using public)

I'm so glad you can speak for everyone on the internet. I don't know what rock you're living under, but there is plenty of freeware out there from reputable companies that display ads. Here's the thing: it's FREEware; ads in freeware is not a new idea. Ever play Angry Birds? The free version has *gasp* ADS! Surely it must be a virus. What you should be afraid of is key-loggers or other spyware. In case you didn't know, adware does not equal spyware/malware. Sure, adware can be used to hide spyware but that is not always the case. ESET can detect when such actions are happening and I have not gotten any warnings when using any TMPGEnc software.

>As far as I'm concerned, if Pegasys puts adware in ANY version of their software, they are no better than Applian.

That's lovely logic.

BTW, I'm not looking for a response from you. You've made your choice and that's fine. I'm really trying to dispel any misinformation/paranoia from your assumptions for anyone else who reads this.

num  2011-09-09 10:07:31 ( ID:sw8j0um9jl2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Banner ads in software is malware. Anything that is not part of the function of the application is malware... whether you want to admit it or not. Banners and ads blabbing about things like silly internet games, shopping sites, Viagra or hats for my cat are advertisements... those belong on TV, internet websites, billboards, newspapers, magazines, street ads at bus stops, and in the garbage... but not in software. Anyone operating on a different predication from that is just rationalizing the crap that they are perpetuating.

My point about the CNET link being the main download link on the TMPGEnc website was made in response to you writing "... when downloading from the Pegasys servers"... like I should know that the much smaller link that says "Secondary Overseas Server" is the Pegasys server... it says "Secondary...".

The info on the website indicates that once 30 days is up, one can upgrade through the free version to buy the $37 version.

Since you brought up the user reviews... (you opened quite a can of worms with that comment)... I did find a number of bad reviews about TMPGEnc on CNET, and some did speak of TMPGEnc damaging their system, including this one...

""Nearly destroyed my system"

by azshadowwalker on July 18, 2005

Pros: 1. Free (you get what you pay for)

2. Converted my video files

3. Allows user to change quality settings so as to save disk space

Cons: 1. MOST IMPORTANTLY: corrupted my Windows Media Player and my Windows XP Media Center 2005 video decoder. Luckily, I was able to download/reinstall WMP from Microsoft's site & I had relatively up-to-date recovery disks to fix my MCE decoder. The most important function to me on my system is the ability to record & watch tv shows so I can burn them to my own disks. This program completely ruined that capacity. Only the fact that I was prepared for such an event kept this from being irreversible damage.

2. Took a full 6.5 HOURS to convert. I have never had anything take longer than 3-4 hours.

3. Turned a 40-minute video into a one-hour and 20-minute video.

BEWARE, BEWARE, BEWARE!

Read more: TMPGEnc - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com http://download.cnet.com/TMPGEnc/3000-2194_4-10353608.html?tag=contentMain;contentBody;1d#ixzz1XPXMKPc9"

Nice software!

And yes, I am speaking for everyone on the internet... everyone. ;^D

No, I've never played "Angry Birds"... I already graduated Jr. High School.

Adware=Malware... I learned that in first grade math class... 43 years ago.

Yes, my logic is lovely isn't it... it just got its hair done.

My paranoia about malware on the net is "Mr. Information", not "Miss Information". And I have good reason to be paranoid after one piece of malware got past NOD32 and took over this PC computer... Macs are much safer, and there's an apple inside of every Apple computer!

But all seriousness aside, the malware took over this PC and took over the Windows Action Center and started with pop-up messages showing various fake anti-virus messages from a fake app called "Win 7 Home Security" and it disabled the Windows Defender and the Action Center functions. This malware was so aggressive and pervasive with pop-up windows and fake virus scans taking place it was unbelievable.

Finally when I ran a Malwarebytes scan it found several pieces of malware and it was able to quarantine them and delete them. But some of my other Windows functions were disabled and still couldn't come back so I had to do a system restore to get this computer back to normal... TGFMBYTES.

Later when I spoke to ESET about it they told me a story about some of the people who create this malware in the U.S. and abroad.

It is intended to trick people in to buying the fake "Win 7 Home Security" app by putting in their credit card number while this malware is posing as legit antivirus software on their machine that needs to be updated by purchasing it. ESET told me how they have stories of rooms full of hackers who create this malware with an electronic scoreboard that clicks up in count every time they get someone's credit card number, and they all cheer.

And if someone is silly enough to enter their credit card number (as allot of unsuspecting people are willing to do just to get rid of all the pop-up messages and fake scans), then it asks for their social security number to verify their credit card... hard to believe that one would go that far, but that's the intended sting that the malware makers are counting on.

That's why I don't like software with any adware, spyware, or malware in it.

Get it?

tkrave  2011-09-09 11:19:59 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I was only referring to reviews regarding the version with the banner ad in it since that is what you are ranting and raving abou, but okay, if you want to open it to all previous revisions that's fine too. BTW, 3 out of 4 people disagreed with that review you posted. I've been using the program for years and my Windows Media Player and Media Center are just fine. Noobs shouldn't be playing with things they don't understand.

As another review states: "Not good for beginners." I agree with this, so it's probably not a good fit for you anyway.

>No, I've never played "Angry Birds"... I already graduated Jr. High School.

So you're saying Angry Birds is only for kids? How close-minded of you. Then again I can see how a man of your age would think like that.

>The info on the website indicates that once 30 days is up, one can upgrade through the free version to buy the $37 version.

Sigh, more misinformation from "Mr. Information". The website says: "MPEG-2 output limited to 30 days. To enjoy unlimited MPEG-2 and DVD-Video output, please purchase TMPGEnc Plus 2.5."
Or, "MPEG-2 encoding is limited to 30 days. If you wish to continue using MPEG-2 encoding after this period, please purchase TMPGEnc Plus 2.5."

You can still output to MPEG-1 indefinitely. MPEG-2 output is limited due to MPEG-2 licensing fees. No where does it say that the free version = full version. As I said before, I own the full version. They are two different exe files and the full version does not have the ads.

>That's why I don't like software with any adware, spyware, or malware in it.
>Get it?

I was never trying to "get" you or understand you, so your story is irrelevant. I am merely disputing your claim that this software is malware. Adware does not equal malware. I don't know how you learned that 43 years ago since neither term even existed back then. That is classic, I'm gonna write that one down. And why would you learn that in math class? (rhetorical question, don't answer that.)

Malware is malicious software "designed to disrupt or deny operation, gather information that leads to loss of privacy or exploitation, gain unauthorized access to system resources, and other abusive behavior."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malware

Adware "is any software package which automatically plays, displays, or downloads advertisements to a computer."
"Adware, by itself, is harmless"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adware

As the article says, adware can contain malware. That does not mean all adware = malware. Adware = malware is the crux of your argument, and that is why you are incorrect in your conclusion. If there is one bad cop, does that mean all cops are bad? Of course not.

Look. I don't like malware either. Who does? I've seen malware and I know victims of malware, and yes, you should be cautious of software that you might think is malware. As someone who is actually using the software (and not someone who is just reading about it) I can tell you that it is not malware. Adware, yes; malware, no.

So if you don't care about my experience and the experience of countless other users who think this software is great for what it is, that's fine. As I said before, that's your decision. If you don't like it because it's adware, that's fine too; I don't really care. Just don't come in here and act like you know everything about this software just because you talked to some guy from ESET.

num  2011-09-09 11:48:56 ( ID:sw8j0um9jl2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It's no secret that you are somehow associated with Pegasys, Inc. and that's why you are on this forum spending time jabbering about how great this malware is.

Wikipedia is a good source of info, taken at face value, but not the end all to base one's arguments. Wikipedia pages can be written and posted by anyone, not necessarily experts. Some adware takes over a computer and cripples it with pop-up ads and can bring a decent computer to its knees... I've seen that in computer labs. So based on my experiences, adware is malware, and adware is devious. That's from experience, not from quoting internet sources that are not considered any type of authority.

Perhaps if some young punks listened to a man of "my age", they would respect what the experience of an adult brings to the table over some 17 year old children.

In that some of the counterpoints that you're making are in response to obvious playfullness on my part indicates that you don't have the ability to recognize the difference between seriousness and joking... perhaps that ability will be realized in the coming mature years for you... I certainly hope so for your sake.

Have fun playing "Angry Birds"... I think the title is rubbing off on you.

tkrave  2011-09-10 02:51:08 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>It's no secret that you are somehow associated with Pegasys, Inc. and that's why you are on this forum spending time jabbering about how great this malware is.

By that logic, you then, must be associated with a rival company, and that's why you are on this forum spending time jabbering about how bad this software is.

I spend time on this forum because I own and use the products; that's what this forum is for. Why are you still here?

>Wikipedia is a good source of info, taken at face value, but not the end all to base one's arguments. Wikipedia pages can be written and posted by anyone, not necessarily experts. Some adware takes over a computer and cripples it with pop-up ads and can bring a decent computer to its knees... I've seen that in computer labs. So based on my experiences, adware is malware, and adware is devious. That's from experience, not from quoting internet sources that are not considered any type of authority.
>

So basically, you're actually agreeing with Wikipedia because they have a whole section about malware in adware. As stated numerous times, adware can be malware but not all adware is malware. Adware, in its simplest form, only displays ads; that will not bring a computer "to its knees". I have seen adware in its simplest form, and that's from experience, not from quoting internet sources. Since you seem to have supreme knowledge of adware, you should do your part and correct that wikipedia article.

>Perhaps if some young punks listened to a man of "my age", they would respect what the experience of an adult brings to the table over some 17 year old children.

Experience with what? Unrelated software? What experience do you have with TMPGEnc? NONE. You have not used it; you have not even downloaded it...you haven't even downloaded the CNET pre-downloader from what I can gather. You have NO experience with the matter at hand -- TMPGEnc software. You talk about experience but refuse to accept the experience of someone who has actually been using the software for the past 5 years.

It is interesting that you continue to assume only children play Angry Birds; I could very well be older than you. But please, continue to believe what you want just so you can tout your age as a reason for being right. There is a difference between age and experience; perhaps one day you'll understand that and be able to learn something from someone younger than you.

>In that some of the counterpoints that you're making are in response to obvious playfullness on my part indicates that you don't have the ability to recognize the difference between seriousness and joking... perhaps that ability will be realized in the coming mature years for you... I certainly hope so for your sake.

And yet you fail to realize that your attempts at playfulness have only revealed your immaturity. Perhaps one day you'll understand that...or at least be more witty about it.

tkrave  2011-09-10 05:08:37 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Another correction (yes, I'm correcting myself): I stated that the freeware version is the trial for the full version but that's not true. The full version has is its own trial. I forgot this since it's been quite a while since I purchased my license.

http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/download/tp.html

Full version:
- no ads
- unlimited MPEG-1/MPEG-2 output
- trial is 14 days, after which, you can unlock it with a purchased license.

Freeware version:
- has ads
- limited MPEG-2 output to 30 days
- unlimited MPEG-1 output

Two difference exe's. If you want to avoid ads, download the trial for the full version.

num  2011-09-10 05:15:47 ( ID:sw8j0um9jl2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have no affiliations with any software company... just the pleasure of using good software that doesn't create malware warnings is my preference.

I have seen computers brought down with adware... so many pop-up ad windows that the computer wasn't able to function.

If you've ever watched the related British comedy show "IT Crowd" about a small IT department at a corporation in England, they even had a related scene about the manager's computer that was plagued with adware. The topic became the point of a gag in that episode.

I like Wikipedia, and its great for allot of things, but I'm not simple enough to assume everything it says verbatim is correct and useful to quote in a debate. You are a terrible debater.

In reality, I am Steve Jobs, and I'm doing software testing while I'm on sick leave. I'm testing the competing Windows OS to see how many malware related applications that I can find that exploit the Windows operating system... yours is number 2,834,483,849,172.

;^D

tkrave  2011-09-10 05:34:58 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>I have seen computers brought down with adware... so many pop-up ad windows that the computer wasn't able to function.

Great story. Still, has nothing to do with TMPGEnc. I once ate an apple with a worm in it, thus, all apples must have worms in them. Do you not see the flaw in your logic?

>If you've ever watched the related British comedy show "IT Crowd" about a small IT department at a corporation in England, they even had a related scene about the manager's computer that was plagued with adware. The topic became the point of a gag in that episode.

You take a shot at me for using Wikipedia as an information source and then you use a sitcom as one of yours? Truly laughable.

>I like Wikipedia, and its great for allot of things, but I'm not simple enough to assume everything it says verbatim is correct and useful to quote in a debate. You are a terrible debater.

You assume way too much. Where did I say that I assume everything on Wikipedia is correct? Does two quotes from Wikipedia constitute everything on Wikipedia?
Your assumptions and lack of logic show that you have very little debate skills.

tkrave  2011-09-13 03:47:44 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

One last point I'd like to make: Can TMPGEnc (Freeware ver) even be called "adware"?

ESET's definition of adware:
"Adware is short for advertising-supported software, which is software dedicated to displaying advertisements. Adware works by displaying pop-up windows during Internet browsing, by setting various websites as your homepage or by opening a special program interface window.

"Adware is often installed bundled with free-to-download programs, and the client is usually informed of this in the End User License Agreement. Adware advertisements allow freeware developers to earn revenue by offering program features available only with the paid version. In most cases, installation of adware falls within legal guidelines–there are many legitimate advertising-supported programs. However, issues such as the assertiveness of advertisements as well as their content can make the legality of some adware questionable."

Is TMPGEnc "software dedicated to displaying advertisements"? NO.
Does TMPGEnc display pop-up windows? NO.
Does TMPGEnc set various websites as your homepage? NO.
Does TMPGEnc open a special program interface window? NO.
Does TMPGEnc install anything like a browser toolbar? NO.

The only thing TMPGEnc does is display one banner ad within its own interface. The banner ads I've seen are only for other TMPGEnc products and for DivX (which Pegasys has a relationship with). You can even run TMPGEnc offline if you want.

So is TMPGEnc (Freeware version) adware? Only in that it displays a banner ad, i.e. the definition I quoted from Wikipedia. Num has rejected that definition (since he's apparently an expert), so if we use ESET's definition, then no, TMPGEnc is not adware.

Question - Backup SMS for Android No.65150
markyo2012  Home )  2011-09-04 16:27:08 ( ID:4tkilbfpv4. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apolsoft Android SMS Transfer is the only smart andriod SMS backup and managment software. It is an application designed for cellphones running android system. It allows you to transfer and backup your SMS messages between android phone and desktop computer. I think all android users should own such a powerful android SMS backup manager, because it is a rare good software.

It can help you:

- Backup and save all your android phone SMS to computer
- View and edit exported text message on computer
- Restore SMS from computer to android phone
- See the SMS which you want to print by preview window
- Transfer SMS into .db file and print it on computer
- PC manage tool support txt,excel,csv export
- Support Android 2.1/Android 2.2/Android 2.3
- Support unlimited SMS backup&restore
- Export SMS to .db file on computer
- Fast backup and restore speed
- Easy to use

Question - 2004? Really? No.65113
tsonj  2011-08-26 02:59:14 ( ID:8eqc.4uxuxk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Last updated in 2004? Does this still work. Haven't there been a multitude of changes in video and computer technologies in the last 7 years? Does this run on Windows 7 64 bit computers?

tkrave  2011-08-26 04:07:18 ( ID:esk4fdefcg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It still works and they keep it around because I presume people still use it. Plus it's free. I haven't tried it on Windows 7 64-bit yet but it might work.

Check out TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 5 for their latest video encoding software. It was released this year.
http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/tvmw5.html

pl2000  2012-11-25 00:17:09 ( ID:7owabqteebl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There are quite a few converters around that just give you a packaged, preset output. They are to me the wonderbread of the converter world, assuming the user is indifferent enough always to be satisfied with whatever the output happens to be. TMPGEnc allows all sorts of parameters to be adjusted during conversion, for example sound levels, forcing a sound track when the original doesn't have one (makes DVD assembly easier), color saturation, hue, gamma, cropping, source clipping, changing these for each file in a batch conversion, and so forth. I have had a hard time finding anything else that can do all of that as easily.

There are annoying characteristics as well, mostly interface annoyances (always defaulting to a lame list of extensions that are about irrelevant in the open file dialog, being extremely balky when trying to get it to use ffdshow, other things. But if you can get everything working it does well.

Most any of these converters are making use of system level codecs and essentially supplying an interface for them. The presumption that interface details need updating every few years (assuming the initial ones are well thought out) just makes you fodder for some operating system providers' need to sell you new crap every few years, no matter how lame it might be. The media "technologies" are contained in the codecs that are external to the converter and I suspect have much more to do with getting around or establishing this or that patent claim or with forcing you to use a particular provider's product than with improvements in quality. Compression is an old and well developed technology that changes rather slowly at this point. Don't let yourself be a dupe for the advertising department drones.

Question - sorry can i'm asking here about DVD No.64787
morokat  Home )  2011-05-27 13:55:36 ( ID:jprm8poz61o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi user !!!
i'm newbie in here
i'm just download 1 DVD (V2D)from web torrent
in there have 5 movie , i'm was asking uploader about how to do
them tell me TMPGEnc DVD Author 3 with DivX Authoring can to do that
but i'm do its can only 4 movie i'm convert vdo to 350mb also can put only 4 movie
so i'm need com her to ask about how to do 5 movie in 1 dvd ?
thanks you

yosexy  2011-06-12 03:40:22 ( ID:wi8nq5cja3g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

html

Question - System crashes when using Tmpgenc free version No.64567
Tedd  2011-04-12 13:55:41 ( ID:ffsjx1sedkk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have been using Tmpgenc for years. I love it. Not long ago I switched to
Mozilla Firefox. Can't take explorer anymore. Not long after I started having system crashes when using Tmpgenc.

The system doesn't crash every time I use Tmpgenc, but when it does crash, I am
either opening a Tmpgenc editing session or one is ending.

It has gotten on my last nerve. Someone on a forum suggested it could be a flash
problem. I uninstalled flash and had the same problem.

Can't find any virus's on the system.

Anyone out there care to opine?

Question - That MP4 question a "Question" not "request" (my mistake) No.64404
beeman  2011-03-04 16:57:51 ( ID:5xzfjvwte5n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sorry, I posted a question about why subtitles aren't staying on with TMPGE (but are with Windows Media Player) but by mistake put it as "Request" not "Question." I cannot delete and repost it correctly because I didn't assign a password to it.

My apologies, but it IS a question.

Please, if anyone can help, please reply here on the BBS. Thank you!

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.