TMPGEnc Authoring Works 5 BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc Authoring Works 5 BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 4 / 26 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question avchd prog. 50p julian 0 2016-09-13 01:26:24
Question UHD BD authoring Eugene157 1 2016-09-15 14:47:00
Question Where are the error logs? amby 2 2016-09-15 14:43:21
Question Subtitle Editing Tom Lewandowski 0 2016-08-14 19:00:00
Question Dolby Digital 5.1 Creator/Maker? Tom Lewandowski 4 2016-09-30 08:09:10
Question No burner with work with Authoring Works 5 Brian -bwin- 2 2016-11-18 20:25:11
Question Importing Keyframes Mike 1 2016-09-15 14:26:43
Question Urgent: Blu-ray menu and audio stream choice benoitm 2 2016-09-15 14:19:11
Question Transparency Pop Up Menu deaddisk 1 2016-09-15 14:13:28
Request Why do I get 256k audio? Jay 1 2016-05-14 16:35:51
Question tmpgenc authoring works 6 Sergio 1 2016-06-07 15:21:11
Question Changing Menu to HD HagbardCeline 0 2016-04-08 12:42:50

TMPGEnc Authoring Works 5 BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 4 / 26 ]   Next > >>
Question - avchd prog. 50p No.70455
julian  2016-09-13 01:26:24 ( ID:m4dinkdp1y. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I crrated an avchd folder with Menü. Than I created an ISOfile og the folder using Imageburn. My WD mediaplayer goes to the menue but EhenI push the play button the Wd goes to the Usb drive routedirectory instead oft playing the movie

Question - UHD BD authoring No.70451
Eugene157  2016-09-07 10:17:43 ( ID:acfwbxxufy6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Will the future bring a version that allows UHD BR burning?

Ades  2016-09-15 14:47:00 ( ID:nrp09m2aqdn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I guess they will take this as a request.
cheers

Question - Where are the error logs? No.70450
amby  2016-09-06 11:51:11 ( ID:j8majifa/ta )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm trying to output a Blu-Ray with menus to a hard disk folder using the batch processor, but after a few hours I get an extremely useless error message saying: "The output stopped on an error".

That's ALL!

I've searched all over, but I can't find any TAW5 error logs (or any other log files) anywhere on my 64-bit Windows 7 Pro system. How am I supposed to know what to do? Does anyone know where I can find the log file or any other way to discover what went wrong?

Before I even began, I confirmed all codecs and codec settings were correct, ran several test tools, and confirmed that I have far more than enough room in the output hard drive. So how can I find out what's the problem?

Thanks.

tkrave  2016-09-15 02:26:07 ( ID:t7rw5rdz3jm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Have you contacted support? They may have better insight to what the problem could be. http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/support/support.html

Ades  2016-09-15 14:43:21 ( ID:nrp09m2aqdn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

I think this error comes up if there was really not enough memory for the
application. Windows 32 Bit Operation System can control at least 3GB
memory but there is a limit, one application can use at least 2GB
memory.
Memory problem happens most by AVCHD but it can be used very much
too by HD movies. (almost by creating menu thumbnails).

How about if you try to create a BD without menus? just for checking.
Do you have a slide show clip? If yes try to output without
that clip. (a lot of memory will be used by picture resizing).

Looks like the only way to handle this is by reducing your clips.
Or try also to create menus without motion, or effects.

Also try to disable following multithread settings at
Options > Preferences > CPU >
"Use multithread for filtering" and Options > Preferences > MPEG settings >
disable all options that use multithread function.
cheers

Question - Subtitle Editing No.70424
Tom Lewandowski  Home )  2016-08-14 19:00:00 ( ID:.t38jdbdulr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There are a lot of limitations with TAW5 in terms of copy and paste (which doesn't exist at all), preference settings, subtitle editing, etc. For instance, you can spend a lot of time creating a custom chapter menu in TAW5 -- the program contains lots of tools for being creative; but there's no option that will allow you to copy the entire layout, including every user item placed on the page, and paste the identical page, elsewhere.This seems like a very basic and standard ability every authoring software would have.

What bugs the crap out of me is Subtitle Editing. I always use TOP and BOTTOM subtitle positions for videos (like TV shows) that display credits during the beginning of the video, usually at the bottom. I have to manually select each subtitle line, click a menu, and click to select each line's menu position. Does anyone know if there's a key combination (like SHIFT+CURSOR) that allows you to select multiple lines to apply the position setting to a selected group of lines? The HELP file is very limited in describing subtitle options and nothing I've tried allows me to select more than one text line at a time, to apply a subtitle layout option.

As far as I can tell, you're limited to editing one subtitle text line at a time -- you can't apply an option to multiple lines at once. Maybe I haven't found the option to do this?

Question - Dolby Digital 5.1 Creator/Maker? No.70415
Tom Lewandowski  Home )  2016-07-23 19:59:46 ( ID:.t38jdbdulr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm curious what TAW5 means by it being a "DOLBY DIGITAL 5.1 creator?" This feature has never worked for me.

Unless I originally recorded in Dolby Digital 5.1 format, TAW5 doesn't convert any of my 2-channel PCM audio sources to six channel audio. I have to use other software to do this (i.e. AVS Audio Editor, Nero Video, Corel VideoStudio), all of which will decode multichannel PCM audio I've recorded and output it to perfectly encoded 5.1 channel Dolby Digital audio.

TAW5 has never been able to do this with any of my PCM audio. Instead, when set to convert audio to 5.1 output, TAW5 simply creates six audios tracks, four of them which are empty. No audio. Only the front L/R stereo tracks contain sound -- with no audio routed to Center, Subwoofer, or Rear Surround channels.

Is there something else I need to do in TAW5. I haven't found any other settings that need to be enabled in TAW5 other than the "Track Settings - Audio - Re-encode all as below", and selecting "5.1 Channel surround".

Is this a bug? I wouldn't think so since there's been so many updates to the software that would have addressed this.

Ades  2016-09-15 14:35:35 ( ID:nrp09m2aqdn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,
If your source file is in 5.1 ch from the
beginning then Authoring Works 5 can output and fill other channels with
such audio data, if not it will just output empty channels.
Import sources with already 5.1 ch as the beginning, I think is not possible to
create from 2 ch sources a 5.1 ch output.

Tom Lewandowski  Home )  2016-09-15 21:37:56 ( ID:a9hfhya1dg. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I often record digital (HDMI) PCM audio tracks that are downmixed from 5.1 sources. These downmixed PCM digital tracks contain 6 channel audio information that isn't restored by TAW5. As I mentioned, other Audio software and video editors I use DO separate the PCM 2-channel downmix back into all six channels, mixed properly as intended. TAW5 doesn't do this.

TAW5's use of the word, "Creator", would indicate that even 'analog surround'-encoded tracks would be output into 5.1 Dolby Digital channels. Therefore, TAW5 doesn't contain a "DOLBY DIGITAL 5.1 CREATOR" option -- it simply supports Dolby Digital 5.1 input and should state, "DOLBY DIGITAL 5.1 SUPPORT."

tkrave  2016-09-16 14:40:42 ( ID:t7rw5rdz3jm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think you are applying too much meaning here. Pegasys did not make this up on their own, it is simply a technology that Dolby licenses to hardware and software makers. For hardware, it allows recording in Dolby Digital 5.1. For software, it allows converting other audio sources to Dolby Digital 5.1; the technology does not support converting 2.0 audio to 5.1 in the way you are talking about.

Learn more here: http://www.dolby.com/us/en/technologies/dolby-digital-51-creator.html

Persen  2016-09-30 08:09:10 ( ID:6tr/46zxmom )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I guarantee no success what so ever when working with PCM audio.
I worked with Dolby Digital 2.0 which also contained Dolby Pro Logic.
I managed with full success turning this in to Dolby Digital 5.1
http://bbs.pegasys-inc.com/bbs/list/lang/en/board/TVMW5/topic/70232#topic70232

Question - No burner with work with Authoring Works 5 No.70412
Brian -bwin-  2016-07-22 23:02:10 ( ID:r4zuvhmczik )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Having an issue where we cannot burn anything directly out of Authoring Works 5, it has never worked on this computer. Have installed latest update (5.2.6.65) which did not work and uninstalled/reinstalled Authoring Works which also did not work. Have tried with 2 different DVD burners and 1 Blu-ray burner (different brands).

Currently we are creating a disc image/iso from Authoring Works and burning it out using ImgBurn. No other program we have tried has a problem with any of the drives.

In drive settings in the output tab, it allows us to select the drive and writing speed (maximum only). Underneath "Status:" it says "Please set a media." After we hit "OK" and try to start output a warning comes up saying "Please set a media in the drive you wish to write. When the access lamp is blinking, it indicates that the drive is recognizing the media. Please click [OK] button after the blinking finished." If you insert media into the drive at this time an error will pop up "An error occurred." Not very helpful. Hitting ok just keeps telling us to "Please set a media..." This occurs with DVD and Blu-ray media and we have tried multiple brands.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Ades  2016-09-15 14:30:25 ( ID:nrp09m2aqdn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi
(see the compatibility drive list from this link)
http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/drivelist_en.htm#H

You may need to use it over a compatible writing drive.

Try by another media brand, some disc brands are not so good
quality and some writing devices cannot read them and burn them correctly.
Try by different disc brand.

Check if you installed the newest firmware and driver of
your writing device and try again.

*If nothing worked it probably means that your writing drive is not
compatible with Authoring Works 5.
cheers

kittone  2016-11-18 20:25:11 ( ID:tr65rfzysl. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've the same problem too, BUT 'til yesterday the program worked. I've changed anything, I've uninstalled and reinstalled the program, but it doesn't work. Any idea?

Question - Importing Keyframes No.70398
Mike  2016-07-15 22:57:51 ( ID:svm6ornkdf. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is it possible to import a keyframe list including the names of each chapter? When I import frames only it works, when I include the name of each chapter it says this is not an valid keyframe file. Any answers or workarounds. I'm using the german marker exporter from the Edius timeline and saved in notepad as a .keyframe file.

Ades  2016-09-15 14:26:43 ( ID:nrp09m2aqdn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,
I think this is because Edius may be uses other code to chapter naming, in other words I think it only supports *.keyframe files generated with TMPGenc software.
cheers

Question - Urgent: Blu-ray menu and audio stream choice No.70368
benoitm  2016-06-17 18:31:52 ( ID:v3dgvaadcnk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a BDMV project with a Top Menu and 2 Tracks with Track menus.
Each track contains a video stream with 2 audio streams.
The Top menu is configured to have each track played in sequence (linked).
However, the Audio stream selection button seems to be only available in the Track menu page, not in the Top menu.
As a result, if a user selects a non-default audio stream for playback in Track1, playback automatically continues with Track2 as expected, but with the default audio stream, not the one selected intially when launching Track1.
Is there a way to have the audio stream selection memorized across playback-linked Tracks ?

benoitm  2016-07-25 05:00:06 ( ID:qz1az3orgvo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Help, anyone ?

Ades  2016-09-15 14:19:11 ( ID:nrp09m2aqdn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think the audio on the Track 2 also must have an Audio page to select the audio, try to make combination when setting your Menu to check if you can accomplish the Menu behavior you want.
cheers

Question - Transparency Pop Up Menu No.70362
deaddisk  2016-06-05 00:59:24 ( ID:ix737pa1uq2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello,

is it possible,to make a transparency pop up menu? I want a round shape as pop up menu an want, that the rest is transpareny.

Thanks for your help!

Ades  2016-09-15 14:13:28 ( ID:nrp09m2aqdn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

as long as I know, the pop-up menu is already in transparency shwing the video when you call it, but I am not sure if you mean that.
cheers

Request - Why do I get 256k audio? No.70333
Jay  2016-05-13 05:23:00 ( ID:a.xzbmju4t. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I love the software; it's the only one I know that will retain the specs of the original master file.

Except for:

I am making a Blu-ray from DVD spec/VHS tape. The video portion stays the same as the original 10,000+kbps which is great, but the audio portion goes from 384kbps, down to 256kbps. I use the audio setting and set it to encode at 384kbps, but it still drops it down 256kbps.

Thanks.

Jay  2016-05-14 16:35:51 ( ID:a.xzbmju4t. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I found a way to have lossless video for DVD spec videos that I burned to Blu-ray.

Question - tmpgenc authoring works 6 No.70309
Sergio  2016-04-27 07:05:16 ( ID:bdwsih14c6k )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Me gustaría saber si estáis trabajando en alguna nueva versión del Tmpgenc Authoring, y cuando saldrá a la venta la versión 6.
Muchas gracias.

Ades  2016-06-07 15:21:11 ( ID:nrp09m2aqdn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don't know if they are working on it, but probably if they are they will announce something in their web site.

cheers

Question - Changing Menu to HD No.70294
HagbardCeline  2016-04-08 12:42:50 ( ID:4c.rsdoj8lf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a project that needs to be exported both as a blu-ray and a regular DVD. In the main menu you can "open with conversion" an existing project. I opened the DVD project with conversion to Blu-Ray, however the menu is still set to be SD 16:9. Is there any way to manually change the menu to HD 16:9? The only place I remember that setting is in the menu wizard, and it would wipe out the 20 pages of menus I've already built.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.