TMPGEnc Authoring Works 5 BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc Authoring Works 5 BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 5 / 26 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question NVENC support when? Have we been abandoned? Kuno 5 2016-10-24 14:38:04
Question best dvd settings BONLEV 3 2016-03-21 19:59:31
Question bdmt_eng,xml Errors TomLewandowski 1 2016-08-14 19:10:49
Question BD not finalizing DonP 2 2016-03-01 15:50:50
Question MKV files are creating a huge project SmeltzerDeltzer 2 2016-02-10 18:14:41
Question Vertical Stretching in 16x9 Output yndprod 0 2016-02-10 01:02:52
Question Intel Quick Sync maonstad 1 2016-02-07 11:52:43
Question Slow output from HD ts Ralph 1 2016-04-07 08:31:47
Request Output process just FREEZES!! erickhc 1 2016-04-07 08:47:52
Question bacgorund image that have text look like it have a bad resolution neko 2 2016-01-26 06:22:52
Request Auto chapter naming after filenames in the same track erickhc 1 2016-02-05 02:30:56
Question trace of the hidden chapters in dvd players neko 0 2016-01-03 00:34:53

TMPGEnc Authoring Works 5 BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 5 / 26 ]   Next > >>
Question - NVENC support when? Have we been abandoned? No.70277
Kuno  Home )  2016-03-25 08:49:14 ( ID:hukdtzb7abf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Any idea if and when the team is going to give us nvenc support? It's really frustrating that video mastering works has it, and authoring works does not. It means if we want to use nvenc, we are forced to buy another product.

Come on Pegasys, give us nvenc.

Persen  2016-03-28 08:52:07 ( ID:6tr/46zxmom )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

We? Most i believe use CUDA, because that is standard in many of the latest NVIDIA drivers for your cards, which i also think is just fine by the majority, because both TVMW5 and TAW5 supports CUDA.

But for you, then you most likely have to wait for a couple of years more for NVENC support in Authoring Works, because that will most likely not happen before version 6 gets released, when there are way more than only two UHD supporting Blu-ray players on the market.

HagbardCeline  2016-04-08 12:44:21 ( ID:4c.rsdoj8lf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Personlly, I'd like OpenCL support (which most Radeon cards utilize). I edit with Vegas, which uses OpenCL, so I went with a Radeon based card for that reason. It was a bit disappointing that Authoring Works only utilizes the Nvidia standard.

Kuno  2016-05-27 13:55:19 ( ID:hukdtzb7abf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>We? Most i believe use CUDA, because that is standard in many of the latest NVIDIA drivers for your cards, which i also think is just fine by the majority, because both TVMW5 and TAW5 supports CUDA.
>
>But for you, then you most likely have to wait for a couple of years more for NVENC support in Authoring Works, because that will most likely not happen before version 6 gets released, when there are way more than only two UHD supporting Blu-ray players on the market.

Nvidia DROPPED Cuda Support almost 2 years ago in driver 340.52. All Maxwell and newer cards use NVENC, 100% hardware based encoding for x264 and x265.

If you want this program to be taken seriously, Pegasys really needs to get their act together and support NVENC and OpenCL. Cuda is ancient and looks like crap compared to NVENC.

Persen  2016-05-29 20:00:30 ( ID:6tr/46zxmom )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You are telling bullshit. I use driver version 353.30 and have CUDA support in both TAW5 and TVMW5.

Kuno  2016-10-24 14:38:04 ( ID:ebklpg3sl32 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am not telling bullshit you ignorant person. CUDA has been stopped by NVIDIA, and is no longer supported on newer cards that have NVENC capabilities. They also removed it form their drivers. If you have a Maxwell or newer card, you can not use CUDA, and must use NVENC.

First generation Maxwell
Graphics Cards
GeForce GTX 750Ti
GeForce GTX 750
Integrated Notebook GPUs
GeForce GTX 960M
GeForce GTX 950M
Second generation Maxwell
Graphics Cards
GeForce GTX TITAN X
GeForce GTX 980
GeForce GTX 980Ti
GeForce GTX 970
GeForce GTX 960
Integrated Notebook GPUs
GeForce GTX 980M
GeForce GTX 970M
GeForce GTX 965M

These cards are no longer supported by CUDA and only work with NVENC for encoding. They might work with CUDA filters, but that is it.

If you actually knew something about computers, you would know this.

Question - best dvd settings No.70253
BONLEV  2016-03-11 21:55:22 ( ID:kstvbk0ogig )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I filmed and edited a carnival here. It's after editing 217minutes long.
I use DVD9 (double layer)

In settings I use 2pass encoding but do I set for example 8000 kbits for average video and hope that TAW5 is trying to reach that setting with the 2pass encoding? I know that this program is a very good encoder for minimal loss of quality.

Or use a online bitrate calculator which gaves me about 4750 kbits for average

Someone experience with this?

Persen  2016-03-15 20:59:14 ( ID:6tr/46zxmom )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you enter a minimum and maximum bitrate under Settings for the track in Source, that will also then be the output bitrate values, that will be forced on the video.

But the 4750 Kbps average you found, is pretty much the normal bitrate for standard DVD quality.
Rarely DVD releases from the various movie studios goes above this.

BONLEV  2016-03-16 19:25:23 ( ID:kstvbk0ogig )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

@ Persen: thank you for the reply!

I changed the average bitrate till it didn't exceed the 8,5Gig bar into red.
4850 was in this case the average bitrate to stay away from red.

I can't change the minimum bitrate, only the maximum and took 8000.
only changing the average bitrate affects the bar below for calculating.

If I had put for example 7000 bitrate for average TAW5 would outputted the same dvd quality like my 4850 average now? If the answer is no than I always will follow my method above.

1 extra question. I had to make blu ray and dvd from this project. First I made the blu ray project and rendered it. (took more than 12 hours! 2VBR and average bitrate of 13500 I thought)

Then I openend TAW5 "open with conversion" and I choose DVD (pal in my case)
I changed the bitrate to 4850 and rendered it and burnt it. But this took again more than 5 hours! why?

I saw after "open with conversion" the bitrates where 9800 or something for maximum and average after "open with conversion".

I remember in the past I had a conversion finished in less than 30 minutes.
So what I'm doing wrong or is my workflow not good?

I have a very fast intel i7 pc with lots of ram. I make/export my 50P files in sony vegas. Than drag them into TAW5.

Persen  2016-03-21 19:59:31 ( ID:6tr/46zxmom )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When wanting to set a minimum bitrate, you have to choose Re-incode all as bellow, works for me every time on both DVD and Blu-ray projects when i do this.

The huge difference in output time that can be experienced depends on, if smart rendering is possible or not of the video files, where then everything then is just muxed (copied untouched). My own personal experience with the video files i have worked with, is that smart rendering for me was only possible with DVD-MPEG and VOB files for DVD projects and M2TS files for Blu-ray projects.

12 hours for creating a Blu-ray sounds normal to me, that's also the time it takes for me, when working with movies that was recorded from HDTV as TS files, which i want to turn in to Blu-ray's with a menu.
But is rare that i do this, because i normally only do such projects with Christmas movies in 1080i, where i then have 3 movies on each disc.

Question - bdmt_eng,xml Errors No.70236
TomLewandowski  Home )  2016-02-25 11:46:11 ( ID:.t38jdbdulr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TAW5 creates bdmt_eng.xml files for your blu-ray's BDMV/META/DL subdirectory, if you enable it to do so. However, it writes the files, incorrectly. I have SONY BD players and they support thumbnails and disc titles, but TAW5's bdmt_eng.xml file has to have the xml corrected for this to function.

The title is displayed with the xml tag <di:name>PLACE TITLE HERE</di:name>, but TAW5 doesn't include the "di:" portion of the tag, therefore, making it useless. So, I simply add it using Windows Notepad, in UTF8 format.

It also doesn't write the correct path to the thumbnails. I haven't been able to find the proper code for this, though. It appears to write the location correctly, but perhaps using the incorrect code.

This is what it writes:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><disclib xmlns="urn:BDA:bdmv;disclib"><di:discinfo xmlns:di="urn:BDA:bdmv;discinfo">
<di:title><name>AGENT CARTER • SEASON 1 [DISC 1]</name></di:title><di:description><di:thumbnail href="thumbnail_416x240.jpg" /><di:thumbnail href="thumbnail_640x360.jpg" /></di:description></di:discinfo></disclib>

The two images are in the same subdirectory as the xml file, so this appears to be correct. However, every other example of code I've seen adds:

...href="./thumbnail....

I don't know xml, but the "./" seems to point to the same subdirectory as the xml file, anyway. Does anyone have any thoughts on things I might try to get the thumbnail code properly written? The title works find, and I've tried several different ways to write the path to the thumbnails. I've even put them in the root, BDMB, and META directories, as well as the DL directory. Notta. I can get thumbnails with commercial discs that reference an online location, but not when the thumbs are on the actual disc...at least not with the path that TAW5 writes.

Anyone?

Tom Lewandowski  Home )  2016-08-14 19:10:49 ( ID:.t38jdbdulr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks you TMPEnc Team for correcting the '<di:name>' switch in TAW Authoring Works 5's bdmt_eng.xml file.

My SONY BD plays still won't display the images I include, like they do with commercial BD discs. Since I know my players DO display thumbnails when the image sources are pointed to online sources, there has to be something in the syntax of the image location created by TAW5 that is incorrect.

Question - BD not finalizing No.70183
DonP  2016-02-11 05:42:00 ( ID:yesuqnpfhur )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I tell TAW5 to write a BD after authoring and then wait, it apparently does not finalize the disc (although it writes the data), and teh resulting disc cannot be played in any player or reader I have.

Am I missing some step in this process?

Persen  2016-02-25 21:31:41 ( ID:6tr/46zxmom )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Author the project directly to your HDD instead, that could be to a folder called Video Editing or something like that.
Then you use ImgBurn instead to make the BD disc, where you choose: Write files/folders to disc.

Here you just drag and drop the BDMV & CERTIFICATE folder to the large window.
ImgBurn is so smart that it can see that you want to write a Blu-ray video disc and will then ask, if it should change the settings to write such a disc and give you the option to give the disc a name.

Directing you to a bit older version of ImgBurn, because the later version should be avoided, because it contains ad-ware, who can trigger various antivirus and anti-malware software, because of how the ad-ware is behaving.
http://filehippo.com/download_imgburn/comments/12006/

Ades  2016-03-01 15:50:50 ( ID:nrp09m2aqdn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This could be also related to your writing device.
Update its firmware and/or drivers and try.

Also check your media disc,sometimes low quality discs
do not let a correct burning.

Also clean your writing device lens.
cheers

Question - MKV files are creating a huge project No.70178
SmeltzerDeltzer  2016-02-10 12:52:03 ( ID:0axaxmd3kwm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a little over 10GBs worth of .MKV files. But when I add them to the project the total project size shoots to an amazing 131GB!

Please let me know what I need to do to lower the project size. As I don't think the size of the project should go that amount seeing as how thetotal size of the files are only 10GB.

Ades  2016-02-10 16:34:49 ( ID:nrp09m2aqdn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

on TAW5 > Clip properties of your imported files > check what is the Decoder used in the Video section.
Try this:
- go to....Options > Preferences > File input plug-in >
uncheck the AVI file reader and try, also
try by uncheck all except the DirectShow file reader
import your source file and try again.

What is the video stream format of your MKV files?

SmeltzerDeltzer  2016-02-10 18:14:41 ( ID:0axaxmd3kwm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thank Ades!

The video stream format for the MKV files is MPEG-4 AVC.

Question - Vertical Stretching in 16x9 Output No.70175
yndprod  2016-02-10 01:02:52 ( ID:8ogje1xreql )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Contemplating purchase - using the Trial version. When outputting to DVD, getting a slight vertical stretch (with resultant crop) to my 16x9 image. I've tried outputting using "Square Pixels" setting as well as "16x9". Same result with both. Searched around but not finding anything on this for Works 5. Thoughts?

Question - Intel Quick Sync No.70164
maonstad  2016-02-06 07:16:12 ( ID:u0paipzrf7. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How about adding Intel Quick Sync to your program. Instead of having a Nvidia card in my computer, it has a gpu (Intel) in it.

Thx

maonstad  2016-02-07 11:52:43 ( ID:u0paipzrf7. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I found the answer and it was the settings inside of the program. It has the Quick Sync capabilities..

Question - Slow output from HD ts No.70163
Ralph  2016-02-05 22:03:19 ( ID:ggeto74jzy6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I edit a ts file from a HD TV channel and convert it to vob files, the output is very slow. I am aware that there is more to process with HD TV than with non-HD TV, but it takes round about two hours to output DVD files from a one hour HD TV recording. In contrast it takes just a few minutes for non-HD TV recordings to process.

Is this normal, or have I failed to understand something?

Cheers

Ralph

Persen  2016-04-07 08:31:47 ( ID:6tr/46zxmom )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That's normal, i don't experience it any different when working with TS files containing HD video.

Request - Output process just FREEZES!! No.70154
erickhc  2016-01-30 09:46:21 ( ID:tj/xu8g8ool )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This is beyond outrageous. Sometimes, while outputting a blu-ray, it just hangs. It won't free, just hangs. The program stops, and the time remaining keeps increasing, while there's no progress at all. Left it overnight, and nothing happens. It's just stuck. When you're outputting a 10h blu-ray disc... kinda bugs you. Please, fix it. Maybe a sort of record the program can keep, so you would resume encoding where you left off, like in Sony Architect?! Thanks in advance.

Persen  2016-04-07 08:47:52 ( ID:6tr/46zxmom )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sounds a lot to me like you could use a larger CPU and then a bunch of more RAM.
What you describe has never occurred to me, i have a 3.4 Ghz Quad-Core CPU and 16GB RAM.

Question - bacgorund image that have text look like it have a bad resolution No.70136
neko  2016-01-18 23:39:32 ( ID:n/92iam1lga )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, I am having one problem when I load background image for a menu page.
Everything is fine when I put drawing jpeg or any other format but if that drawing have some words or if I put a jpeg only with typed text it looks like the resolution is very bad. I tried everything.. 300 dpi nothing work. The reason why I am not using the text option in TMPGEnc Authoring Works is because it can not give me the typography alignment that I want.
Can anyone please help?

erickhc  2016-01-19 23:19:34 ( ID:myf43bb7ruw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I might be wrong, but if you're talking about the preview window, I guess for faster viewing/rendering, it reduces the background quality. At least, that's what happens with me. The output will be full quality. ;)

neko  2016-01-26 06:22:52 ( ID:9lvjkoljcgo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thank you erickhc. You are right :) It works fine now :)

Request - Auto chapter naming after filenames in the same track No.70132
erickhc  2016-01-16 11:17:10 ( ID:fuvdg9fgx0j )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am adding several small clips in single track, and I am having such a waste of time naming every single one of the clips in the track/popup menus! I have the filenames all numbered as they should show up in the menus, but naming the files before importing them became useless. Please, add this feature. Thanks in advance.

BlizzardUK  2016-02-05 02:30:56 ( ID:dvif1fte5co )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am really hoping they add features like this too.

Also I make large blu-rays with 50+ videos on sometimes that all need chapters added every 5 minutes. With Nero and Corel software they automatically add these chapter points to every video with a single click, but with Authoring Works I have to manually go to each video to then automatically add a 5 minute chapter to it. If I want every video to have 5 minute chapters, surely they can just add a single tick button to allow this. Obviously this isn't much of an issue with under 10 videos, but with 50+ it is very time consuming for such an easy thing to fix.

Also when I import TS files it always shows the name as "program 1", why can't it just use the name from the file name ?

I am really hoping either AW5 has an update or AW6 comes out with these features.

I love TMPGEnc software and have bought most of the software they bring out, some multiple times for multiple PCs, so I really hope these things can be added as I don't like using other software.

Question - trace of the hidden chapters in dvd players No.70117
neko  2016-01-03 00:34:53 ( ID:9lvjkoljcgo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello,
I have a lectures of drawing anatomy. I edited them and sometimes between scenes I have fade out - fade in transition. (That are all movies that I imported in separate tracks.. One movie with transitions as one video file in one track). It looks fine and everything is ok. I added chapters for every lecture. I really want to avoid having this situation: when a selected chapter has finished I have a part of transition of the new scene of the lecture starting, and when I press the next chapter I am in the middle of video transition of the previous scene.

I made a new chapter where I would put only the transition part in it and made it not to be seen as a chapter. Everything is fine ..When I press play all it plays the movie with the transition (that are part of one video file) and when I pres chapters everything is grate I dont have this messy video fade in fade out at the beginig or end of the selected chapters..

The only problem I do have is that dvd players count the hidden chapters as chapters..So I have for example chapter 001 and then chapter 003 becouse he counts hiden chapter also. It just doesen't look very professional..when i read it in dvd player... Is there any solution to correct that? I want that there is no trace of the hidden chapters in dvd players.

TMPGEnc Authoring Works 5 BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 5 / 26 ]   Next > >>

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.