TMPGEnc Authoring Works 4 BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc Authoring Works 4 BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] [ 1 / 59 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question Where did my templates go after downlaod secordandlowman@hotmail.com 0 2024-02-19 06:36:04
Question Background audio Ronny G 0 2022-01-25 03:01:12
Question MKV files Tomkat 0 2021-02-05 05:10:04
Question Convert an existing BD project to DVD? Tom D'Ambrosio 1 2017-09-30 13:56:46
Question separate track as a separate menu all 3 2015-10-08 23:53:23
Question going back to chapter menu when selected chapter has finished playing neko 2 2015-07-17 02:39:29
Question Menu creation Totores 0 2015-04-08 08:52:55
Bug report Trojan Horse in Auth Works 4.1.4.51 John 0 2015-02-20 10:03:45
Question How do I get Authoring Works up and running again? sartana 2 2016-01-19 19:11:31
Question Audio Dropouts Glenn Freeze 0 2014-10-16 15:43:58
Question Can TAW 4 open TDA 1.6 tda files? Davey 2 2014-08-20 23:19:43
Question Authoring BD and INFO final create video DAVE 1 2014-05-22 07:31:36

TMPGEnc Authoring Works 4 BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] [ 1 / 59 ]   Next > >>
Question - Where did my templates go after downlaod No.72309
secordandlowman@hotmail.com  2024-02-19 06:36:04 ( ID:4qlonm3r7oa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I had to re-download my template package after a recent computer crash. My program files for TPMG show a date for template folder of 2/15/2024. but all the files in that folder have dates of 2008. Does that only reflect their original date of creation?
Strangely there seem to be way more templates in the folder than appear to me when I use the program.

Question - Background audio No.71851
Ronny G  2022-01-25 03:01:12 ( ID:nfxcmvwyutn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have been adding some background music wich plays when the disc is incerted. It stops when one of the video is played,and
plays again when start menu opens. The problem I have is that I can't find a way to change the level of the audio in the program.
Is that not possible? I have had to resort to change the original audio file. I have to guess how it wiil sound when played.
Should'nt it be possible to set the level when adding the the audio?

Question - MKV files No.71709
Tomkat  2021-02-05 05:10:04 ( ID:ybbtvbvbabr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I keep getting the error message cannot open "XXX.mkv" - how can I import these?

Question - Convert an existing BD project to DVD? No.70863
Tom D'Ambrosio  2017-09-26 22:14:59 ( ID:pwh7kneaw.h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I created BlueRay project but I want change the format to DVD without starting over from scratch.

Is this possible?

tkrave  2017-09-30 13:56:46 ( ID:t7rw5rdz3jm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There are a few things you can do, but ultimately, you'll have to rebuild the project.

You can save your keyframes/chapters from your Bluray and use them for the DVD.
If you customized your menu items by applying styles, you can save those styles as a template to use in other projects.

If for some reason, you made your menu in SD and not HD, you can save it as a template and use it for the DVD. If you made an HD menu, you won't be able to use it for DVDs.

Question - separate track as a separate menu No.69965
all  2015-10-07 06:45:14 ( ID:9lvjkoljcgo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello,
I have one question. Can I put separate track as a separate menu in tmpgenc dvd author?
I have several tracks but I would like to add pages in autorun and arange tracks if possible.

tkrave  2015-10-07 09:03:53 ( ID:t7rw5rdz3jm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don't understand what you want.

all  2015-10-07 18:03:48 ( ID:n/92iam1lga )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I apologize I am lousy in explaining sometimes…
One person told me that it is better to cut chapters in separate tracks because of navigation and behavior of the chapters. Everything is fine in menu construction when I have one movie.. I have top page and then a page with chapters (that are mini movies in separate tracks). But what to do when I have several movies that all have chapters (that I want to cut and divide in separate tracks)? Is there a way to put new pages and link what track I want to have in what menu pages? I want a list of movies in the first page and then when certain movie is selected to get me to the page with chapters.

tkrave  2015-10-08 23:53:23 ( ID:t7rw5rdz3jm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What's the reasoning behind putting each chapter into its own track? Doesn't that just list all of your chapters in the Top menu? I guess that's useful if you want to turn the Top menu into a chapter menu.

Anyway ignore that, and just put each movie in its own track.
That way, the Top menu will list all of your movies, and when you select one, it will go to that movie's chapter menu (track menu = chapter menu).

Question - going back to chapter menu when selected chapter has finished playing No.69801
neko  2015-07-05 23:45:28 ( ID:n/92iam1lga )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello,
I am making dvd with recorded classes for drawing anatomy.
What I need is that when a selected chapter has finished playing to get me back to the chapter menu so that the viewer can choose what other chapters he want to see. Right now it continues to play the unselected chapters as well and then after the entire track has finished playing it get back to the chapter menu. I have several tracks (of recorded lectures). Each track has many chapters (skeleton system of the hand, muscle system of the hand etc.) I really want to avoid making all those chapters in to separate mini movies (tracks)if possible. I have the trial version and just would like to know is this software for me or not.
Thank you in advance

tkrave  2015-07-09 10:56:09 ( ID:t7rw5rdz3jm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This is possible in TMPGEnc Authoring Works 5 (can't remember if it's possible in TAW4). TAW4 is discontinued, so if you do decide to buy it, you'll have to buy version 5 anyway.

You can set the chapter end action in the Menu Stage-->Global Menu Settings-->Chapter Display tab.
For each chapter, you can select whether to play the next chapter or go back to the menu.
Note that this option will only appear for DVDs; Blu-rays don't have this functionality I guess.

neko  2015-07-17 02:39:29 ( ID:peiae6tremn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thank you so much for your help tkrave :)
It is really appreciated.

Question - Menu creation No.69643
Totores  2015-04-08 08:52:55 ( ID:/6kqz2wktrj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi all, just started using this software and I need a bit of help setting up a menu, somehow I seem to have some difficulty. What I need I think it's simple but I can't work it out.

1. I need to have a 20 second intro played when the DVD is inserted
2. At the end of the clip a main screen to appear (with Title, Play/Chapters buttons selection)

from there on I got it all working the two steps above got me so far

Thanks

Bug report - Trojan Horse in Auth Works 4.1.4.51 No.69571
John  2015-02-20 10:03:45 ( ID:qp48mkm362o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

After I installed the latest TMPGEnc Authoring Works 4.0 build 4.1.4.51 my antivirus SW WebRoot identified two Trojan Horses among the AW files! It reports that two files are infected with W32.Trojan.Gen virus. Those files are: effcaaudiofilter.vme and moviempeg.vme.

When I authorized WebRoot to clean these files, AW 4.0 stopped working with a message "required files are missing to boot"...

Anyone else with the same problem? Fixes?

I wrote a ticket to TMPGEnc 2015/01/09 (Fri) 07:29:14 (JST) but never received any input from them.

Thanks.

Question - How do I get Authoring Works up and running again? No.69523
sartana  2015-02-04 10:30:34 ( ID:vbvnkw6txpj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

My PC recently died.I removed the hard drive and transferred the contents(including Authoring Works 4)to the new PC.
So now that I have done that,how do I access Authoring Works?
I created a short cut,but when I click on it,I am asked for some kind of code or key or serial number,which I no longer have,as I purchased it over 5 years a go.

tkrave  2015-02-05 09:30:44 ( ID:resxbfmz4s2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Did you make a user account at the tmpgenc website? You can log in and get your license serial number there.
https://ssl.pegasys-inc.com/webapp/?lang=en

If you haven't done that (and you really should have, especially if you ever downloaded a software update), then you might have to contact customer support via this form: https://ssl.pegasys-inc.com/webapp/inquiry/serial?lang=en

matheus venites  Home )  2016-01-19 19:11:31 ( ID:h0lbuhrguzj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Did you make a user account at the tmpgenc website? You can log in and get your license serial number there.
>https://ssl.pegasys-inc.com/webapp/?lang=en
>
>If you haven't done that (and you really should have, especially if you ever downloaded a software update), then you might have to contact customer support via this form: https://ssl.pegasys-inc.com/webapp/inquiry/serial?lang=en

Question - Audio Dropouts No.68738
Glenn Freeze  2014-10-16 15:43:58 ( ID:vmqcdmksqro )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm experiencing some audio dropouts on a track. The original source never had any such problems. Any ideas on how to fix it?

Question - Can TAW 4 open TDA 1.6 tda files? No.68534
Davey  2014-06-26 10:23:14 ( ID:oehyrhpgir2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just a question. Moving up from XP to Win7, my old DVD Author 1.6 isn't working much any more (been a champ for years), so I'm looking at TAW 4. Took a couple of my old .tda projects to a friend's house to try his copy, and his TAW 4 wouldn't open them ("this isn't a TAW 4 project" or the like).

I've got a ton of templates that I use for DVD authoring, and given TAW's weird UI I'd be hesitant about having to re-create them all. Is there any way to persuade TAW 4 to open my original 1.6 .tda files?

Thanks!

Davey

tkrave  2014-07-01 06:16:45 ( ID:resxbfmz4s2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TAW4 isn't sold anymore, so you won't be able to buy it, even if there was a workaround.

The current version, TAW5, can only open project files from TAW5, TAW4, and TMPGEnc DVD Author 3.

Johnny  2014-08-20 23:19:43 ( ID:6/da4qxhka. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think I could help you out here. You need an older version of TMPG DVD Authoring. Email me and I will try to help you out. johnxxiii@centrum.cz

Question - Authoring BD and INFO final create video No.68481
DAVE  2014-05-20 04:35:20 ( ID:pk.cpqhyeol )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello! I have 2 important questions, in this days try this product, is good but
There are options for BD authoring without recoding and it does directly 1:1?
I have created: intro+movie+trailer, after authoring this becomes a single file!
normally in the any BD structure are separated this 3 videos.
there is an option that allows me to have them all and 3 separated?

tkrave  2014-05-22 07:31:36 ( ID:resxbfmz4s2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Are you putting them in separate tracks, or in the same track?

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.